Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us 10:50 - May 19 with 12236 viewsportmanking

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterboro

Basically saying that there is a growing appetite among League 1 teams to end the season now, avoid weighted PPG or non-weighted PPG and go straight into an eight-team playoff with the 3rd to 10th placed teams as is.
So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 21:18 - May 19 with 1010 viewsbournemouthblue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 10:54 - May 19 by Dubtractor

I'd love it if somehow we managed to fluke going up out of this shambles of a season, but crikey that would be a bit of a bizarre way to do it. i'd be fuming if I was anything to do with Gillingham!

Perhaps we should have a play-off with Gillingham before this mini-league which we will innevitably lose

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 21:20 - May 19 with 1006 viewsBrixtonBlue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 21:14 - May 19 by Libero

No one has really attacked you for your position, you went on the offensive telling people that if they didn’t hold your views they wanted the club to fail and replying to anyone with an alternative view to your own in a rabid manner.

Honestly, this is absurd.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 21:19]

Not "people", 1 person, Herbivore. And I firmly believe he wants us to fail so he can moan some more about Lambert. It's not just based on today's thread.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 21:24 - May 19 with 997 viewsLibero

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 21:20 - May 19 by BrixtonBlue

Not "people", 1 person, Herbivore. And I firmly believe he wants us to fail so he can moan some more about Lambert. It's not just based on today's thread.

You’ve exceeded my patience, congratulations.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 21:37]
So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 22:16 - May 19 with 970 viewsMelford

Darragh MacAnthony tweet:
So much vitriol on here from one set of fans over last few days. Irony is they have no need to be aiming it this way. In time they will realize that. Just a few transparent points to clarify as facts are better than fiction or speculation In the @EFL meeting last week there was no talk of a vote that day, there was no raised voices, nobody laying the law down. Just all clubs having their voices heard regardless of sizes. Talks about current season & future season & issues we all face financially. The appetite for most in tophalf was to play our season out.Majority of other half had no desire to play due to finances which is understandable in current pandemic from their point of view.Ideas were thrown around on how top half can play games to decide fair way to finish Which allowed the clubs not wanting to play to get on with not stressing over contract extensions or financial side of starting up again. EFL Chairman said let's all think about it and come up creative ideas to finish the season. For the top half the financial implications of not playing again in some way versus cost of playing was large with potential refunds on so many things hence importance of hearing both sides of our league and its clubs. I am ok being portrayed as some sort of lone wolf villain but truth is there are more clubs then just me who feel football needs to return for them &everybody involved of course have looked at all options including legal ones as they are large businesses with shareholders & Financial Responsibilities that make it the right and prudent thing to do.There is no one size fits all solution that suits all clubs but compromises could/should be found.We are all 'football' clubs & our product is football & with potential greenlight by Government coming For Football returning Many clubs wanted to get back to playing football in any situation that allows it/in safe professionally advised way.None of this is holding up other clubs planning for future even if Hibernation is their plan. Even if our season finished 2weeks ago There is no set date for new season/details on immediate horizon due to whats going on in the world so this idea of clubs wanting to get on with 'planning' is just not true or feasible. For weeks I have advocated for football to resume when safe to do so but also I have Engaged with EFL directly about ideas on how to raise the funds necessary to help all football clubs through this crisis as after 15 years in the EFL; I don't want to see anymore clubs go under. This is still my main goal regardless of some of the nonsense levied at me Furloughs wont last forever/Football with/without fans will happen as shown in other Countries.Hibernation imo wont be an option for clubs contracted to play football with TV deals in place/contracts with players in place. Our club employs a large number of non footballing staff who are in £18k-£35k per year bracket. One of goals of me/partners is to ensure when furlough ends that we don't lose any of these people because of this crisis. I am a football fan like majority of people on here. If some club fans/forums want to make me out to be the bad guy then have at it but I am football person with a love for our game & worry that without playing football when allowed; then what do we have left? I am thick skinned to take the criticism if fair/balanced or if The views are different from mine. But to accuse me of being greedy is another irony considering in 15 years in football I have not made a pound note from our beautiful game. Some wont admit it; but truth is that you would want me fighting your corner in a crisis & my 'Football' club & its employees have told me to fight for their jobs long term. I will always do that regardless of criticism/public perception. For now I have said my piece & will get on with fighting for 'football' long term. This horrible Virus will be defeated, normality will come back & our beautiful game will be back. Our EFL will find a way to help us through the hard period financially & I long for the days or getting trolled for football results & opinions on transfers. Love to you all 💙

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 10:43 - May 20 with 908 viewsSwailsey

I honestly think that Dolly must be hired by Phil to increase clicks.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 11:56 - May 20 with 864 viewsBrixtonBlue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 21:24 - May 19 by Libero

You’ve exceeded my patience, congratulations.
[Post edited 19 May 2020 21:37]

This is very odd. You say something incorrect about me and expect me NOT to respond?!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 11:58 - May 20 with 859 viewsBrixtonBlue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 10:43 - May 20 by Swailsey

I honestly think that Dolly must be hired by Phil to increase clicks.

Would you (and others) prefer if I just don't respond when someone puts a point to me?

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 12:17 - May 20 with 845 viewsLibero

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 11:56 - May 20 by BrixtonBlue

This is very odd. You say something incorrect about me and expect me NOT to respond?!

Bloody hell, you're relentless. It's a new day, move on.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 12:17]
Login to get fewer ads

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:01 - May 20 with 817 viewsSwailsey

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 11:58 - May 20 by BrixtonBlue

Would you (and others) prefer if I just don't respond when someone puts a point to me?

I think it's more that you seemingly create arguments with every single person on here, but then stubbornly refuse to back down, often forgetting what your original point was.

It's fine as I rarely engage, it's just very interesting/entertaining to watch!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:03 - May 20 with 816 viewsBrixtonBlue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 12:17 - May 20 by Libero

Bloody hell, you're relentless. It's a new day, move on.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 12:17]

I'll take it from your non-reply and your constant down arrowing of everything I say that you'd rather just put stuff to me but I DON'T respond. I mean, it's a novel way to have a debate, I'll give you that.

It's interesting, too, that you're here telling me to move on. I guess the irony's lost on you?

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:05 - May 20 with 815 viewsgiant_stow

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:01 - May 20 by Swailsey

I think it's more that you seemingly create arguments with every single person on here, but then stubbornly refuse to back down, often forgetting what your original point was.

Dolly's won't back down attitude is one the major things that keep this place ticking over. I think he's be missed if he went all sensible.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:06 - May 20 with 810 viewsLibero

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:03 - May 20 by BrixtonBlue

I'll take it from your non-reply and your constant down arrowing of everything I say that you'd rather just put stuff to me but I DON'T respond. I mean, it's a novel way to have a debate, I'll give you that.

It's interesting, too, that you're here telling me to move on. I guess the irony's lost on you?

See chrisswailes post.
So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:16 - May 20 with 795 viewsBrixtonBlue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:01 - May 20 by Swailsey

I don't create arguments with every single person, that's nonsense. I've never created an argument with Factual Blue!

I see what it is. I have opinions. Occasionally the board mafia agrees and that's fine. Occasionally the board mafia doesn't agree I'm expected to back down. Even if I think I'm right I should just say no no, you're right.

Very odd way of debating. Who else on here goes one way in a debate and then changes tack for the sake of board peace?

Also, the idea that I often forget what my original point was is utter nonsense and doesn't make sense given the first part of that sentence saying that I stubbornly refuse to back down. I stick to my point, that's what frustrates people!

Basically I'm a frustrating poster because I always have an answer. This board contains a lot of people who'd like to make a point and then sit back smuggly with no comeback. I annoy people because I come back.

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:20 - May 20 with 787 viewsSpruceMoose

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:16 - May 20 by BrixtonBlue

I don't create arguments with every single person, that's nonsense. I've never created an argument with Factual Blue!

I see what it is. I have opinions. Occasionally the board mafia agrees and that's fine. Occasionally the board mafia doesn't agree I'm expected to back down. Even if I think I'm right I should just say no no, you're right.

Very odd way of debating. Who else on here goes one way in a debate and then changes tack for the sake of board peace?

Also, the idea that I often forget what my original point was is utter nonsense and doesn't make sense given the first part of that sentence saying that I stubbornly refuse to back down. I stick to my point, that's what frustrates people!

Basically I'm a frustrating poster because I always have an answer. This board contains a lot of people who'd like to make a point and then sit back smuggly with no comeback. I annoy people because I come back.

Board mafia? Chill out Benters!

I think the issue is that you ALWAYS think you're right Dollers.

To prove my point, I expect you think I'm wrong about this
[Post edited 20 May 2020 14:21]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:21 - May 20 with 782 viewsBrixtonBlue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:20 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

You know what I mean.

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:23 - May 20 with 779 viewsSwailsey

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:16 - May 20 by BrixtonBlue

I'm out. It's always everyone against you! Enjoy my friend.

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:30 - May 20 with 761 viewsJ2BLUE

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:21 - May 20 by BrixtonBlue

You know what I mean.

If I was you i'd stick Libero on ignore and leave it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:34 - May 20 with 754 viewsLibero

It's interesting to read how you view yourself in these situations.

It doesn't matter how many times people tell you that quite often it's not the opinion you're expressing but the way you're expressing it that makes you look like a tit, you return this modus operandi.

- case in point, J2 holds the same view as you in this very thread, only he isn't conducting himself in the same way you are: notice how J2 isn't getting the heat you're getting?

I think chrisswailes has it right when he said about engagement. I regretted engaging with you the moment you started replying in your rabid manner directly to me.
It's a lose, lose situation for me to get entangled in these kinds of discussions with you when you're all pumped up: it either goes on forever and gets nowhere, or you refuse to let me back away without you somehow characterising it as a "win" for yourself.
It's a process you go through with various posters and It's energy sapping.

I felt bad that I hurt your feelings, even if you did blow it out of all proportion, I apologised and you again tried to re-frame it.
I offered clarification, you again got offended and proceeded to try and engage in a pointless and petty tit for tat call and response.

I said pages and pages ago that I see merit in both points of view but you're like a dog with a bone, that's why I gave the advice that you need to let it go, not because I'm trying to silence you, or that I have a "very odd way of debating" - I stated out right I have zero interest in debating you...

I think chrisswailes is also right about how you lose sight of the original conversation.
You get so deep into what you view as defending yourself/your stance that your responses become very confrontational and accusational.
The only way out at that point is to either ignore you or go through the tedious procedure which is trying to offer you some kind of insight as to why you're not getting the reaction you expect. The latter usually involves you becoming more upset/frustrated/angry/rabid and in my experience leads to the individual you're in conversation with quite often becoming exasperated to the point where you have exhausted their patience.

I reckon you're probably a really cool dude in real life Dollers but the huge blind spot you have once these digital blinkers go on makes you very difficult to engage with.

I'm sorry if any of this has hurt your feelings further, I'm just trying to be honest in the hope it will give you a more complete view of why you repeatedly find yourself in these situations with various posters over various subjects.

Me personally, I'll be a lot more careful moving forwards about what threads I do or don't respond to and how I articulate responses to your responses to me.
I enjoyed talking Star Wars with you a couple of days ago bud, lets have more conversations like that.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 14:41]
So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:37 - May 20 with 746 viewsLibero

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:30 - May 20 by J2BLUE

Yes, because I'm the problem.

Until a few weeks ago I'd been away from posting on the board for over a year, I did however read it still most days. These interactions aren't limited to myself, just look in the thread.

Like chrisswailes say's it's always everyone else in Dollers eyes.
"board mafia" indeed.
So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:41 - May 20 with 730 viewsJ2BLUE

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:37 - May 20 by Libero

Yes, because I'm the problem.

Until a few weeks ago I'd been away from posting on the board for over a year, I did however read it still most days. These interactions aren't limited to myself, just look in the thread.

Like chrisswailes say's it's always everyone else in Dollers eyes.
"board mafia" indeed.

I never said you were the problem!

Truly impaired.

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:42 - May 20 with 729 viewsBrixtonBlue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:23 - May 20 by Swailsey

I'm out. It's always everyone against you! Enjoy my friend.

Again, i answer all your points and you all you have is this. I think I proved my point.

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:42 - May 20 with 729 viewsLibero

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:41 - May 20 by J2BLUE

I never said you were the problem!

Then putting me on ignore wouldn't achieve much.
So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:44 - May 20 with 718 viewsJ2BLUE

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:42 - May 20 by Libero

Then putting me on ignore wouldn't achieve much.

I never said you weren't the problem!

Truly impaired.

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:46 - May 20 with 713 viewsBrixtonBlue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:20 - May 20 by SpruceMoose

Well yes, because there's been several occasions where I've realised and admitted I'm wrong. You choose to forget those though.

But also, don't most people mostly think they're right when posting on a particular subject? For example, I can't remember you posting where you were wrong.

It's interesting you're taking the high ground here and appealing to the masses because I've seen you have some massive fallouts with others on here.

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:48 - May 20 with 707 viewsBrixtonBlue

So Posh co-owner suggesting 8-team playoff WOULD involve us on 14:30 - May 20 by J2BLUE

I haven't got a problem with Libero when he's not being rude. i generally think he's a good poster, like yourself.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024