Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system 12:04 - May 22 with 7701 viewsHarry_Palmer

Maybe those people going to the beach to get fresh air and sunshine rather than staying indoors aren't quite as stupid as they seemed.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200521-can-staying-inside-weaken-the-immune
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:49 - May 22 with 1591 viewsStokieBlue

Nobody is being forced to stay inside.

Even if they were, your immune system recovers quickly, your lungs don't after C19.

SB
[Post edited 22 May 2020 12:58]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:56 - May 22 with 1566 viewsMr_J

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:14 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

Yes and of course sitting on a beach in the fresh air guarantees you will catch it, whilst staying at home all day guarantees you won't.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11686/11991666/adrian-mariappa-watford-d

"It's quite scary how you can feel absolutely fine and not really have left the house, and yet still get the virus,"

What exactly are you trying to say here? That because someone who has "not really" left the house (meaning he did leave the house and just got unlucky like countless others have) caught the virus means we may as well all head to the beach?

Gathering on public beaches on the scale we are discussing puts you at a significantly higher risk of catching the virus than if you were to isolate at home. Thus making going to the beach an infinitely worse option. Surely this isn't debatable?
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:56 - May 22 with 1567 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:47 - May 22 by StokieBlue

It's not pure luck.

You are living off the herd immunity made possible by others having their vaccines. You should be thanking everyone on this forum who has had them.

Healthy lifestyle may help but it doesn't stop you getting horrible viruses if you are exposed to them - that's nonsense. You could be the healthiest human that ever lived but if you are exposed to a nasty virus or disease you are still going to get it.

SB
[Post edited 22 May 2020 12:51]

And just like magic, Stokie appears. Its amazing how every time I make a post up pop Badger, Spruce and yourself to turn a thread that isn't about vaccines into a thread about vaccines.

I really cant be arsed to get into this but I had my childhood vaccinations although as you well know the schedule is very different today to what it was when I had them in the 1980's. so I would have had to go to the Doctor and request getting any that I missed out on. I trust you yourself have kept up to date with all the childhood vaccinations in this way?

Perhaps you could let me know which diseases I have been saved from and who I should thank for this on the forum and I can send them all an individual PM.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 13:01]
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:58 - May 22 with 1557 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:56 - May 22 by Mr_J

What exactly are you trying to say here? That because someone who has "not really" left the house (meaning he did leave the house and just got unlucky like countless others have) caught the virus means we may as well all head to the beach?

Gathering on public beaches on the scale we are discussing puts you at a significantly higher risk of catching the virus than if you were to isolate at home. Thus making going to the beach an infinitely worse option. Surely this isn't debatable?

Prove it.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:01 - May 22 with 1543 viewsgiant_stow

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:58 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

Prove it.

I think it was Bugs who put up a very interesting article about how to catch the virus: https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them?fbclid=IwAR2VAEh

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:05 - May 22 with 1529 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:40 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

You're just lucky most people aren't so ridiculous/selfish. That's what you're benefiting from. An apple a day hasn't made you resistant to smallpox.

Smallpox, there are many interesting facts about smallpox but that is a story for another day.

The sun has just come out so if you'll all excuse me I think I might head out, the beach is calling.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:08 - May 22 with 1520 viewsBlueBadger

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:56 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

And just like magic, Stokie appears. Its amazing how every time I make a post up pop Badger, Spruce and yourself to turn a thread that isn't about vaccines into a thread about vaccines.

I really cant be arsed to get into this but I had my childhood vaccinations although as you well know the schedule is very different today to what it was when I had them in the 1980's. so I would have had to go to the Doctor and request getting any that I missed out on. I trust you yourself have kept up to date with all the childhood vaccinations in this way?

Perhaps you could let me know which diseases I have been saved from and who I should thank for this on the forum and I can send them all an individual PM.

It's almost like you consistently talk crap and people constantly point this out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:09 - May 22 with 1518 viewsSpruceMoose

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:05 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

Smallpox, there are many interesting facts about smallpox but that is a story for another day.

The sun has just come out so if you'll all excuse me I think I might head out, the beach is calling.

Be careful. I suppose sun tan lotion is a government hoax too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:13 - May 22 with 1515 viewsMr_J

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:58 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

Prove it.

Seriously? It's up to me to prove it? Why can't you prove your nonsense?

Covid 19 is an airborne transmitted virus. This means that proximity to other people is a critical factor in how effectively it spreads. Are you suggesting that going to a beach with lots of other people doesn't increase your risk of contracting it?
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:18 - May 22 with 1499 viewsIllinoisblue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:56 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

This is how forums work. People make points. Other people reply.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:30 - May 22 with 1478 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:18 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

Illinois, I could make a post about Strawberry ice cream and Badger would find a way to bring up vaccines.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:33 - May 22 with 1473 viewsfactual_blue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:13 - May 22 by Mr_J

Covid 19 is an airborne transmitted virus. This means that proximity to other people is a critical factor in how effectively it spreads. Are you suggesting that going to a beach with lots of other people doesn't increase your risk of contracting it?

Yes, but the flaw in your position is that you're using science, evidence and facts, rather than mumbo-jumbo.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:36 - May 22 with 1465 viewsfactual_blue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:09 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

Be careful. I suppose sun tan lotion is a government hoax too.

Unless you use Facters' Factor 300 immuno-suppressant suntan lotion and vaccine.

£300 for a 10ml bottle.

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:36 - May 22 with 1463 viewsBlueBadger

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:18 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

Sometimes the points are stupid and people point this out, often referring their points. But people STILL carry on talking crap.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:38 - May 22 with 1458 viewsfactual_blue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 12:28 - May 22 by BrianTablet

Other kinds of wool are available.

Dyed in the wool was the process whereby an entire fleece was dyed. This produced a much better finish than spinning the wool into yarn and then dyeing the yarn.

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:51 - May 22 with 1435 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:13 - May 22 by Mr_J

What nonsense have I promoted exactly? I have linked an article that suggests there are many health benefits to getting outside in nature and topping up vitamin D as opposed to staying indoors. The article quotes numerous scientists and researchers.

From this it is not unreasonable to suggest that people going to the beach are maybe not quite as stupid as most of you on here think. From the pictures I saw at Southend, most people were sitting in plenty of space and had at least 2 metres around them. The chance of them catching or spreading the virus in this scenario is minimal, but if you want to be outraged by this because the Daily Mail tells you to be, then you crack on.

Of course another factor here is that if THEY choose to go to the beach it is THEIR ( minimal ) risk. Nobody is forcing you to go, you are free to stay at home.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 13:55]
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 14:22 - May 22 with 1414 viewsMr_J

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:51 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

What nonsense have I promoted exactly? I have linked an article that suggests there are many health benefits to getting outside in nature and topping up vitamin D as opposed to staying indoors. The article quotes numerous scientists and researchers.

From this it is not unreasonable to suggest that people going to the beach are maybe not quite as stupid as most of you on here think. From the pictures I saw at Southend, most people were sitting in plenty of space and had at least 2 metres around them. The chance of them catching or spreading the virus in this scenario is minimal, but if you want to be outraged by this because the Daily Mail tells you to be, then you crack on.

Of course another factor here is that if THEY choose to go to the beach it is THEIR ( minimal ) risk. Nobody is forcing you to go, you are free to stay at home.
[Post edited 22 May 2020 13:55]

Promoting the nonsense that crowded beaches are ok. Yes there are many health benefits to going outside I agree. I'm going for a walk later, but I'll make sure not to go to any crowded areas because y'know...common sense.

Some will have been careful to socially distance yes, but this is great british public we're talking about and there will be those who don't give a sh1t. There are so many ways to get the health benefits of fresh air and sunshine without a family trip to a crowded beach.

And it's not THEIR risk, its a risk to everyone. If the virus is caught on the beach they will take it home with them, and potentially spread it going shopping, infecting innocent vulnerable people who have been doing their best to be responsible and stay at home. These beach going types will be exactly the sort of people who were in the pub days before the lockdown, ignorant of the harm they were spreading and the deaths they caused.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 15:24 - May 22 with 1391 viewsSpruceMoose

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 13:36 - May 22 by factual_blue

Unless you use Facters' Factor 300 immuno-suppressant suntan lotion and vaccine.

£300 for a 10ml bottle.

Doesn't cause erectile dysfunction does it?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 15:34 - May 22 with 1384 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 14:22 - May 22 by Mr_J

Promoting the nonsense that crowded beaches are ok. Yes there are many health benefits to going outside I agree. I'm going for a walk later, but I'll make sure not to go to any crowded areas because y'know...common sense.

Some will have been careful to socially distance yes, but this is great british public we're talking about and there will be those who don't give a sh1t. There are so many ways to get the health benefits of fresh air and sunshine without a family trip to a crowded beach.

And it's not THEIR risk, its a risk to everyone. If the virus is caught on the beach they will take it home with them, and potentially spread it going shopping, infecting innocent vulnerable people who have been doing their best to be responsible and stay at home. These beach going types will be exactly the sort of people who were in the pub days before the lockdown, ignorant of the harm they were spreading and the deaths they caused.

The beach was not crowded though, or did you miss that bit. Almost everything you have said there is what you have been programmed by the media to repeat and has nothing whatsoever to do with you know......common sense.

We have been surrounded by viruses since the beginning of time. Every Winter we get Flu, norovirus and all manor of other nasties. Were you outraged last winter by people going to the football or the theatre, or a nightclub even though they might have been infectious? No of course you weren't because the media and your Government weren't telling you to be.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 15:37 - May 22 with 1378 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've built up a decent tan doing jobs around the garden and going for regular runs.

I appreciate that city dwellers don't get the same air quality but now the restrictions have been modified there are plenty of remote places in the country to get some good healthy air without having some 20 stone tattooed bloke belching beer breath over you on a crowded beach.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 15:54 - May 22 with 1368 viewsBluesquid

Well with so many bending the rules for weeks now regarding the lockdown i think we are in a very dangerous position whereby a 'second wave' is inevitable, really just a matter of time now before it hits, definitely going to happen now due to people flouting the lockdown restrictions for so long.

Out of interest when does everyone think that the 'second wave' will hit?

Early June? Late June? Mid July? 1st week in August? Or perhaps October?
[Post edited 22 May 2020 16:03]
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:01 - May 22 with 1356 viewsfactual_blue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 15:24 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

Doesn't cause erectile dysfunction does it?

Depends what you do with it.

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:04 - May 22 with 1347 viewsfactual_blue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 15:34 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

The beach was not crowded though, or did you miss that bit. Almost everything you have said there is what you have been programmed by the media to repeat and has nothing whatsoever to do with you know......common sense.

We have been surrounded by viruses since the beginning of time. Every Winter we get Flu, norovirus and all manor of other nasties. Were you outraged last winter by people going to the football or the theatre, or a nightclub even though they might have been infectious? No of course you weren't because the media and your Government weren't telling you to be.

And we have a flu vaccine.

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:10 - May 22 with 1338 viewsStokieBlue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 15:54 - May 22 by Bluesquid

Well with so many bending the rules for weeks now regarding the lockdown i think we are in a very dangerous position whereby a 'second wave' is inevitable, really just a matter of time now before it hits, definitely going to happen now due to people flouting the lockdown restrictions for so long.

Out of interest when does everyone think that the 'second wave' will hit?

Early June? Late June? Mid July? 1st week in August? Or perhaps October?
[Post edited 22 May 2020 16:03]

The implication of your post is that you think it's a winter issue, this hasn't been proven and in fact isn't looking likely given by the large outbreaks in places like Iquitos where it's been 30C+ for weeks now.

If that's not what you meant then perhaps you can make your posts clearer so a mere mortal like myself can understand them better.

SB
[Post edited 22 May 2020 16:14]

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:13 - May 22 with 1335 viewsStokieBlue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 15:34 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

Sigh.

I was hoping the flu/generic winter virus false equivalence had been put to bed months ago but it seems not. C19 is not like those viruses and you know that. I honestly don't know what you are trying to achieve with this post.

The assertions you've made have been proven incorrect numerous times now. Repeating them doesn't make them more accurate. Pushing the "media/government" agenda is just horrible, you care more about some theory in your head than the actual real-world affect of actions you cite.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024