Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system 12:04 - May 22 with 7699 viewsHarry_Palmer

Maybe those people going to the beach to get fresh air and sunshine rather than staying indoors aren't quite as stupid as they seemed.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200521-can-staying-inside-weaken-the-immune
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:18 - May 22 with 1980 viewsBluesquid

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:10 - May 22 by StokieBlue

The implication of your post is that you think it's a winter issue, this hasn't been proven and in fact isn't looking likely given by the large outbreaks in places like Iquitos where it's been 30C+ for weeks now.

If that's not what you meant then perhaps you can make your posts clearer so a mere mortal like myself can understand them better.

SB
[Post edited 22 May 2020 16:14]

No just fearful of the 'second wave' which is unfortunately inevitable now due to stupid people flouting the lockdown restrictions for so long and genuinely interested in when other posters think that the 'second wave' will hit?

When do you think the 'second wave' will hit Stokie?
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:18 - May 22 with 1984 viewsfooters

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:01 - May 22 by factual_blue

Depends what you do with it.

Well, we've been using it and my wife hasn't had an erection since. Where do I apply for a refund?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:19 - May 22 with 1980 viewsportmanking

One of your most bizarre posts on TWTD, it has to be said.

(Aimed at the OP).
[Post edited 22 May 2020 16:19]
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:20 - May 22 with 1976 viewsm14_blue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:18 - May 22 by Bluesquid

No just fearful of the 'second wave' which is unfortunately inevitable now due to stupid people flouting the lockdown restrictions for so long and genuinely interested in when other posters think that the 'second wave' will hit?

You’re so edgy
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:22 - May 22 with 1963 viewsBluesquid

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:20 - May 22 by m14_blue

You’re so edgy

And when do you think it will hit?

Come on now, don't be shy
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:23 - May 22 with 1963 viewsm14_blue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:22 - May 22 by Bluesquid

And when do you think it will hit?

Come on now, don't be shy

I have absolutely no idea if/when it will come.

What do you think?
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:25 - May 22 with 1957 viewsStokieBlue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:18 - May 22 by Bluesquid

I don't know, I haven't read any papers around the subject. I would think it entirely depends how much everything opens up (internationally) which isn't going to be soon. I do think you were pushing the winter virus point though ;).

When do you think it will hit?

Historically though there hasn't been a pandemic yet where there wasn't a second wave, if there isn't one this will be the first.

SB
[Post edited 22 May 2020 16:26]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:28 - May 22 with 1948 viewsBluesquid

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:23 - May 22 by m14_blue

I have absolutely no idea if/when it will come.

What do you think?

Well with so many bending the lockdown rules for weeks now i think it will hit pretty damn soon - so im going for early/mid June.
Login to get fewer ads

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:35 - May 22 with 1940 viewsm14_blue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:28 - May 22 by Bluesquid

Well with so many bending the lockdown rules for weeks now i think it will hit pretty damn soon - so im going for early/mid June.

These conversations would be so much easier if you just occasionally said what you’re getting at.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:40 - May 22 with 1927 viewsBluesquid

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:35 - May 22 by m14_blue

These conversations would be so much easier if you just occasionally said what you’re getting at.

That imo a 'second wave' will hit in early/mid June because of the stupidity of people who for weeks now have flouted the lockdown restrictions.

[Post edited 22 May 2020 16:42]
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:43 - May 22 with 1921 viewsm14_blue

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:40 - May 22 by Bluesquid

That imo a 'second wave' will hit in early/mid June because of the stupidity of people who for weeks now have flouted the lockdown restrictions.

[Post edited 22 May 2020 16:42]

Ok. Don’t think I’ll bother trying any more.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:50 - May 22 with 1913 viewsSpruceMoose

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 15:34 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

The beach was not crowded though, or did you miss that bit. Almost everything you have said there is what you have been programmed by the media to repeat and has nothing whatsoever to do with you know......common sense.

We have been surrounded by viruses since the beginning of time. Every Winter we get Flu, norovirus and all manor of other nasties. Were you outraged last winter by people going to the football or the theatre, or a nightclub even though they might have been infectious? No of course you weren't because the media and your Government weren't telling you to be.

Jesus wept. Seriously. You clearly care about this subject, but have done absolutely nothing to help you understand it.

You make Gwyneth Paltrow and her jade vagina eggs look well informed.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 17:12 - May 22 with 1895 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:04 - May 22 by factual_blue

And we have a flu vaccine.

Sure, and funnily enough we still have Flu.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 17:12 - May 22 with 1895 viewsShawsey

The garden will do.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 17:29 - May 22 with 1882 viewsflimflam

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:28 - May 22 by Bluesquid

Hopefully the second wave will hit all the turnips who have been blatantly flouting the rules and those who have been keeping themselves and their loved ones safe will be spared for now.

But I agree the second wave will hit sooner rather than later or we just keep as we are at roughly the same daily death rates as they do not seem to be decreasing by that much.

Each day I expect them to have suddenly dropped but are still a lot higher than I thought they would be at this stage.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 17:36 - May 22 with 1873 viewsSpruceMoose

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 17:12 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

Lol

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 17:56 - May 22 with 1855 viewsShawsey

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 15:34 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

The beach was not crowded though, or did you miss that bit. Almost everything you have said there is what you have been programmed by the media to repeat and has nothing whatsoever to do with you know......common sense.

We have been surrounded by viruses since the beginning of time. Every Winter we get Flu, norovirus and all manor of other nasties. Were you outraged last winter by people going to the football or the theatre, or a nightclub even though they might have been infectious? No of course you weren't because the media and your Government weren't telling you to be.

I think you are just arguing for arguments sake. You cannot truly believe that.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:04 - May 22 with 1845 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 16:50 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

Jesus wept. Seriously. You clearly care about this subject, but have done absolutely nothing to help you understand it.

You make Gwyneth Paltrow and her jade vagina eggs look well informed.

Care about what subject? I posted a general BBC piece that I thought might be of interest about the benefits of being outside as opposed to indoors, we're not exactly entering Alex Jones territory here are we now.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:11 - May 22 with 1838 viewsSpruceMoose

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:04 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

Care about what subject? I posted a general BBC piece that I thought might be of interest about the benefits of being outside as opposed to indoors, we're not exactly entering Alex Jones territory here are we now.

Mhmmm. Sure.

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:16 - May 22 with 1834 viewsShawsey

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 17:12 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

How many people die of the flu each year? I know it is a lot more than most think, but nowhere near 37,000+ inside 3 months.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:17 - May 22 with 1833 viewsMr_J

OK lets agree to disagree on how crowded the beach was as that's a subjective issue.

Please don't pull the whole media brainwashing angle, you're coming off as a paranoid conspiracy loon. I barely consume any news media and certainly haven't been doing so since lockdown since its all very samey now.

As StokieBlue has said, the equivalence to Flu has been done on here before and if you're still pulling out that argument then I give up. Just for the love of god please adhere to social distancing and don't kill anyone.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:23 - May 22 with 1826 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:17 - May 22 by Mr_J

OK lets agree to disagree on how crowded the beach was as that's a subjective issue.

Please don't pull the whole media brainwashing angle, you're coming off as a paranoid conspiracy loon. I barely consume any news media and certainly haven't been doing so since lockdown since its all very samey now.

As StokieBlue has said, the equivalence to Flu has been done on here before and if you're still pulling out that argument then I give up. Just for the love of god please adhere to social distancing and don't kill anyone.

I wasn't planning any murders this weekend so don't worry about that. But in all seriousness, I have personally been sticking to the social distancing guidelines to the letter. I might not agree with all of them but I have still been following them.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:25 - May 22 with 1820 viewsShawsey

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:23 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

I wasn't planning any murders this weekend so don't worry about that. But in all seriousness, I have personally been sticking to the social distancing guidelines to the letter. I might not agree with all of them but I have still been following them.

So you agree that the lockdown should stay for now? Overcrowding any outside space is dangerous in these times?
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:26 - May 22 with 1818 viewsHarry_Palmer

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:16 - May 22 by Shawsey

How many people die of the flu each year? I know it is a lot more than most think, but nowhere near 37,000+ inside 3 months.

That wasn't really the point Shawsey and that would open up a whole different can of worms which I have no intention of doing right now.
Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:31 - May 22 with 1810 viewsShawsey

Staying inside for too long can weaken the immune system on 18:26 - May 22 by Harry_Palmer

That wasn't really the point Shawsey and that would open up a whole different can of worms which I have no intention of doing right now.

But you did say something like, the media are making us scared when we are surrounded by other virus' everyday. This is nothing like the flu, so why mention it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024