Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody Cheek BBC 14:30 - Jun 26 with 2046 viewsChondzoresk

Just been reading 30 years of hurt relating to Liverpool on the BBC website. Each season are the league finishes of Liverpool and the top 6...footnote to the Year 2000/2001 league table. 'Yes that does say Ipswich'....no other season has a footnote bloody cheek.
Bloody Cheek BBC on 14:32 - Jun 26 with 2011 viewsGeoffSentence

Probably done by one of the Nodgers who seem to stink out the media.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bloody Cheek BBC on 15:10 - Jun 26 with 1915 viewsNthQldITFC

Bloody Cheek BBC on 14:32 - Jun 26 by GeoffSentence

I had to double check, but in what was I think the only season Norwich have finished in the top half of the top division, 92-93, they did it with a NEGATIVE goal difference. That is incredible, finishing third with a GD of minus 4, and illustrative of the type of fluky things that seem to happen to that tinpot club from time to time. Blackburn in fourth were +22. Nodge must have had a whole series of fluky one goal wins, interspersed with thrashings from far superior clubs!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

He's a Northampton fan..... on 15:14 - Jun 26 with 1890 viewsBloots

Bloody Cheek BBC on 14:32 - Jun 26 by GeoffSentence

….cobblers.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Bloody Cheek BBC on 15:20 - Jun 26 with 1874 viewsgainsboroughblue

Bloody Cheek BBC on 15:10 - Jun 26 by NthQldITFC

I had to double check, but in what was I think the only season Norwich have finished in the top half of the top division, 92-93, they did it with a NEGATIVE goal difference. That is incredible, finishing third with a GD of minus 4, and illustrative of the type of fluky things that seem to happen to that tinpot club from time to time. Blackburn in fourth were +22. Nodge must have had a whole series of fluky one goal wins, interspersed with thrashings from far superior clubs!

Exactly right. Most of their wins were by the odd goal apart from Arsenal away on the first day where they won 4-2. They got done 7-1 at Blackburn and let in 5 at Spurs.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Bloody Cheek BBC on 15:45 - Jun 26 with 1825 viewshoppy

I was thinking, to be fair, we're probably the only ones that have fallen to League One level... but then I reached the 2004/05 season, and seen Bolton were level on points with them... and you're right - no footnote there... bloody cheek.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bloody Cheek BBC on 15:52 - Jun 26 with 1797 viewsParisBlue

Bloody Cheek BBC on 15:45 - Jun 26 by hoppy

I was thinking, to be fair, we're probably the only ones that have fallen to League One level... but then I reached the 2004/05 season, and seen Bolton were level on points with them... and you're right - no footnote there... bloody cheek.

Sunderland, Portsmouth...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Bloody Cheek BBC on 15:56 - Jun 26 with 1791 viewsGeoffSentence

They did it a couple of times mid to late 80s, on those occasions they did squeak into positive goal difference.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bloody Cheek BBC on 16:40 - Jun 26 with 1702 viewshoppy

Bloody Cheek BBC on 15:52 - Jun 26 by ParisBlue

Sunderland, Portsmouth...

Were Sunderland and Portsmouth shown on those tables, finishing in the top 6? Missed it if so.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Bloody Cheek BBC on 17:03 - Jun 26 with 1655 viewsBent_double

Blackburn Rovers? I always forget they actually won the thing.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Bloody Cheek BBC on 18:40 - Jun 26 with 1546 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

30 years of hurt?

How many cups in that time?! 10 maybe!

Doesn't sound too painful.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bloody Cheek BBC on 20:06 - Jun 26 with 1471 viewspatrickswell

Incredible to reflect that Bolton were relegated from the Premier League in 2012 and will start next season in the fourth tier.
Bloody Cheek BBC on 22:58 - Jun 26 with 1372 viewsTractorWood

Bloody Cheek BBC on 18:40 - Jun 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

30 years of hurt?

How many cups in that time?! 10 maybe!

Doesn't sound too painful.

2 Champions Leagues. 30 years of hurt - pah, trying driving to Lincoln on New Year's Day to watch us get drubbed.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Bloody Cheek BBC on 23:18 - Jun 26 with 1356 viewsdominiciawful

They've somehow managed to have three top-six finishes in the top flight.

We've had eleven.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Bloody Cheek BBC on 02:45 - Jun 27 with 1281 viewsquirkie

We are no different to Plymouth, Hull or Crewe nowadays.

and you guys who live in Ipswich are still going to buy season tickets.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Bloody Cheek BBC on 10:56 - Jun 27 with 1077 viewsBlueBadger

Bloody Cheek BBC on 20:06 - Jun 26 by patrickswell

Incredible to reflect that Bolton were relegated from the Premier League in 2012 and will start next season in the fourth tier.

Remember when Phil Gartside was held up as a model owner and the benchmark by which smaller but ambitious clubs sould be sustainably run?

And how it all turned out that his plan all along was 'hope to God we never get relegated'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024