Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The upcoming Brexit disaster 13:49 - Jul 6 with 3422 viewsgordon

is actually the fault of the people who said it would be a disaster.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/07/06/leave-alliance-blaming-the-brexit-mess-on-r
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:29 - Jul 6 with 1080 viewsgordon

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:20 - Jul 6 by footers

Where have all the board's Brexit bovver boys disappeared to of late?

And where's J2 for that matter. Come home, son. We're worried about you.

Yes, was wondering that.

You used to get people on these sorts of threads saying come on you sore losers, get behind the country like us, we knew what we voted for and anyway we only voted for Brexit because the likes of you lot don't take our views seriously.
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:38 - Jul 6 with 1053 viewsclive_baker

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:29 - Jul 6 by gordon

Yes, was wondering that.

You used to get people on these sorts of threads saying come on you sore losers, get behind the country like us, we knew what we voted for and anyway we only voted for Brexit because the likes of you lot don't take our views seriously.

They've perhaps been on the end of the ban hammer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:40 - Jul 6 with 1046 viewsleitrimblue

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 15:19 - Jul 6 by TractorWood

When I'm fighting a badger for the last scrap of a ryvita, it will comfort me enormously to think I voted for neither and always said both will be a disaster.

I've spent the last hour contemplating the best way to fight a badger. Can't decide if it's best to just go windmilling straight in or something more cunning and ninja like?
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:50 - Jul 6 with 1020 viewsfooters

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:40 - Jul 6 by leitrimblue

I've spent the last hour contemplating the best way to fight a badger. Can't decide if it's best to just go windmilling straight in or something more cunning and ninja like?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:52 - Jul 6 with 1017 viewsSwansea_Blue

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 15:19 - Jul 6 by TractorWood

When I'm fighting a badger for the last scrap of a ryvita, it will comfort me enormously to think I voted for neither and always said both will be a disaster.

They're one and the same really. Neither can exist without the other. Like the most corrupt, inept, simple minded, self-centred, jingoistic bumbling siamese twins you've ever seen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:56 - Jul 6 with 1009 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm sure most of us have seen it, but it's worth it again

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 17:14 - Jul 6 with 987 viewsDarth_Koont

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:56 - Jul 6 by Swansea_Blue

I'm sure most of us have seen it, but it's worth it again

(cough) centrists (cough)

Let's blame the small-minded right-wingers by all means but how did they set the agenda?

The LibDems, the Labour right ... whatever they've been fighting for they've lost over the past decade. They've handed power over almost willingly. And it disturbs me that they probably prefer the current government to anything vaguely progressive.

Pronouns: He/Him

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 17:22 - Jul 6 with 976 viewsSwansea_Blue

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 17:14 - Jul 6 by Darth_Koont

(cough) centrists (cough)

Let's blame the small-minded right-wingers by all means but how did they set the agenda?

The LibDems, the Labour right ... whatever they've been fighting for they've lost over the past decade. They've handed power over almost willingly. And it disturbs me that they probably prefer the current government to anything vaguely progressive.

How did they set the agenda? Media mainly I'd guess, but then also the rise of social media and the ability of donors who'd benefit (the disaster capitalists of this world) to pump the cash into donations and adverts. There's always been a small europhobic element of the Tory party but they've been held in check until it became daily frontpage of Murdoch empire press and then fringe players were given a platform on Twitter/FB, etc.

And then ineffective opposition more recently.

Login to get fewer ads

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 17:24 - Jul 6 with 976 viewsfactual_blue

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:15 - Jul 6 by gordon

It's been a massive failure of our media that so many people are still nowhere near realising how utterly, utterly pointless and stupid the whole thing is.

The mail, the times, the express and the torygraph are all owned by people who are utter morons themselves.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 17:33 - Jul 6 with 966 viewsDarth_Koont

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 17:22 - Jul 6 by Swansea_Blue

How did they set the agenda? Media mainly I'd guess, but then also the rise of social media and the ability of donors who'd benefit (the disaster capitalists of this world) to pump the cash into donations and adverts. There's always been a small europhobic element of the Tory party but they've been held in check until it became daily frontpage of Murdoch empire press and then fringe players were given a platform on Twitter/FB, etc.

I think I've already pointed out where the ineffective opposition was.

They've spent too long courting the Establishment when the Establishment doesn't really care about Brexit. Compared to the man in the street, they'll win as much as they lose, possibly even come out with a profit.

Pronouns: He/Him

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 17:42 - Jul 6 with 949 viewsSpruceMoose

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 15:53 - Jul 6 by clive_baker

I heard someone at the weekend bleating on about the potential benefits to the planet of being out of the EU. Arguing that if the Coronavirus pandemic has taught us nothing else, it's that we need to look at how countries and communities should be encouraged to trade more locally and sustainably. Not an argument I disagree with in principle, but what I take real exception to is I didn't hear him saying that in 2016, it hadn't crossed his mind. I'm pretty sure his angle then was resenting Polish people 'taking our jobs'. Funny how quickly the goalposts can move.

I agree, it gives a massive out which is a bit annoying TBH. I wanted to see these morons own their sh1t. I think the issue is there's another major variable that will just offer a convenient excuse for those that supported Brexit, although you're right in that we should, by their logic, fare up favourably vs the Eurozone what with all our amazing trade deals we have lined up....
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 15:54]

It wasn't Paz was it?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 17:51 - Jul 6 with 940 viewsgrow_our_own

People have blamed the media, and it's true it is right-dominated. But most MSM were not advocating the kamikazee brexit that now looks likely. I blame social media. Facebook has given a loudspeaker to every dark-money funded krank with nothing to lose. Previously, they'd have been ranting to no-one except a few gammon in the Dog and Duck. Now their nonsense reaches millions and wins elections. Nigel Farage was nobody before youtube.

Fight back against Trump, Brexit, White Lives Matter, voter suppression etc: https://www.stophateforprofit.org/
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 18:08 - Jul 6 with 915 viewsfactual_blue

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:38 - Jul 6 by clive_baker

They've perhaps been on the end of the ban hammer.

None proved capable of adhering to the site's terms and conditions (which, incidentally, haven't been updated to include ageism).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 18:15 - Jul 6 with 904 viewsSwansea_Blue

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 17:51 - Jul 6 by grow_our_own

People have blamed the media, and it's true it is right-dominated. But most MSM were not advocating the kamikazee brexit that now looks likely. I blame social media. Facebook has given a loudspeaker to every dark-money funded krank with nothing to lose. Previously, they'd have been ranting to no-one except a few gammon in the Dog and Duck. Now their nonsense reaches millions and wins elections. Nigel Farage was nobody before youtube.

Fight back against Trump, Brexit, White Lives Matter, voter suppression etc: https://www.stophateforprofit.org/

I agree. Said as much earlier in an earlier post up there ^^.

We had 20 years of bendy bananas and prawn cocktail crisps being banned thanks to the MSM. So the seeds were planted. But it's taken the social media to give anyone with time or money on their hands to influence the wider public opinion.

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 18:24 - Jul 6 with 894 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 15:53 - Jul 6 by clive_baker

I heard someone at the weekend bleating on about the potential benefits to the planet of being out of the EU. Arguing that if the Coronavirus pandemic has taught us nothing else, it's that we need to look at how countries and communities should be encouraged to trade more locally and sustainably. Not an argument I disagree with in principle, but what I take real exception to is I didn't hear him saying that in 2016, it hadn't crossed his mind. I'm pretty sure his angle then was resenting Polish people 'taking our jobs'. Funny how quickly the goalposts can move.

I agree, it gives a massive out which is a bit annoying TBH. I wanted to see these morons own their sh1t. I think the issue is there's another major variable that will just offer a convenient excuse for those that supported Brexit, although you're right in that we should, by their logic, fare up favourably vs the Eurozone what with all our amazing trade deals we have lined up....
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 15:54]

Without knowing who the someone is, it is hard to know what they were saying in 2016...globalism is a race to the bottom, the EU just lurves Globalism . I note that the Catalonia lockdown is due to nobody giving a flying f@ck about Bulgarian fruit pickers!

Edit....oh and those German meat processing plants..,now who could have been working in those.

[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 18:34]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 18:25 - Jul 6 with 888 viewsHerbivore

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 18:08 - Jul 6 by factual_blue

None proved capable of adhering to the site's terms and conditions (which, incidentally, haven't been updated to include ageism).

I thought you coffin dodgers didn't like change.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 18:41 - Jul 6 with 870 viewsgrow_our_own

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 18:24 - Jul 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Without knowing who the someone is, it is hard to know what they were saying in 2016...globalism is a race to the bottom, the EU just lurves Globalism . I note that the Catalonia lockdown is due to nobody giving a flying f@ck about Bulgarian fruit pickers!

Edit....oh and those German meat processing plants..,now who could have been working in those.

[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 18:34]

"globalism is a race to the bottom, the EU just lurves Globalism" - Tell that to the billions globalism has brought out of poverty. The EU lurves democracy, freedom of speech, protection of minorities, rule of law, independent judiciaries, etc. It is mostly social democracies that recognise both liberty and society should be highly valued. Countries that have these wonderful things that we take for granted are in a tiny minority. The EU is the biggest cluster of them in the world, and there's strength in numbers. More power to it, we should never have left.
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 19:21 - Jul 6 with 850 viewskeighleyblue

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:01 - Jul 6 by factual_blue

If he bothered to look at how the EU actually works, it does a great deal to develop and support regions and local communities.

As the North-East will find out when it stops getting EU funding.

stop being so racist. Little Englanders in East Kent, Essex etc all voted Leave
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 23:31 - Jul 6 with 755 viewsClapham_Junction

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 14:27 - Jul 6 by Libero

I've such a low tolerance for this rubbish at the moment, especially considering the situation we currently all find ourselves in.

F*ck everyone who voted for brexit.
F*ck everyone who voted for this government.

Ultimately the people to blame are those who voted Tory in 2015. We'd had five years of them reminding the country what a Tory government means, even with the Lib Dems holding them back somewhat.

Instead of going 'ah yes, this is why they should be kept as far away from power as possible, let's have Ed Millband instead,' they have Cameron a majority, allowing him to kick off this sh1tshow.

I'm still pissed off by the tosspot who came on here celebrating that result in the vein of the Norwegian commentator after they beat England in the 1980s.
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 00:37 - Jul 7 with 721 viewsNewcyBlue

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:01 - Jul 6 by factual_blue

If he bothered to look at how the EU actually works, it does a great deal to develop and support regions and local communities.

As the North-East will find out when it stops getting EU funding.

The amount of EU funded projects in Sunderland...

I just can’t comprehend how people voted for Brexit when it is advertised all around that EU funds helped improve Sunderland.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 06:08 - Jul 7 with 667 viewsPlums

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 16:08 - Jul 6 by TractorWood

It has done amazing things for the quality of our beaches and waterways which successive Governments previously failed to address.

Perhaps the people who voted for Brexit want to rid us of unelected bureaucrats. Despite MEPs being elected and also these individuals having seemingly no issue with the monarchy or the house of lords.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 16:09]

Or political advisors who are above the law

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 06:13 - Jul 7 with 663 viewsPlums

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 17:22 - Jul 6 by Swansea_Blue

Look no further than 55 Tufton Street and if you can find out, the people putting the money in. The country is effectively in the hands of the same people who put Trump into power and it’s terrifying. The validation these ‘think tanks’ have been given by the media, particularly by the BBC is how they have set the agenda.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 08:02 - Jul 7 with 620 viewssolemio

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 18:08 - Jul 6 by factual_blue

You silly young idiot.
The upcoming Brexit disaster on 13:25 - Jul 7 with 550 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The upcoming Brexit disaster on 18:41 - Jul 6 by grow_our_own

"globalism is a race to the bottom, the EU just lurves Globalism" - Tell that to the billions globalism has brought out of poverty. The EU lurves democracy, freedom of speech, protection of minorities, rule of law, independent judiciaries, etc. It is mostly social democracies that recognise both liberty and society should be highly valued. Countries that have these wonderful things that we take for granted are in a tiny minority. The EU is the biggest cluster of them in the world, and there's strength in numbers. More power to it, we should never have left.

So as long as you can still get cheap fruit and meat then. The outsourcing of the most polluting industries and sending household waste to pollute the seas, land and waterways of other parts of the world has also been a wonder to behold. Not to mention the process of sucking corporate wealth from the periphary to the center of Europe. The uncritical manner in which many on here are in thrall to the E U is a wonder to behold. Acceptance of the choice between sh1t and sh1tter has never really done it for me.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024