Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... 18:58 - Jul 8 with 2914 viewsDebsyAngel

But WHY are Doctors surgeries and dentists not opening? I urgently need to see a doctor about the terrible flare up on my foot after trying everything under the sun to treat it. My surgery are useless - just phone appointments and if need to be seen, to go to their other surgery - which is a 6 mile round trip and I don;t drive. Why is opening pubs and more shops the priority when some people are in desperate need to have medical treatment???
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:19 - Jul 8 with 2389 viewsMeadowlark

I sympathise and cannot answer you, but why does everyone keep including pubs when they mention these vouchers? As far as I can see they are for meals only and many of my favourite (and some of the best) pubs do not provide meals.
But the Tories do not know what a pub is.
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:21 - Jul 8 with 2376 viewsDubtractor

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:19 - Jul 8 by Meadowlark

I sympathise and cannot answer you, but why does everyone keep including pubs when they mention these vouchers? As far as I can see they are for meals only and many of my favourite (and some of the best) pubs do not provide meals.

Surely they could knock up a platter of pork scratchings and Big D peanuts and call it a buffet?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:25 - Jul 8 with 2357 viewsSwansea_Blue

Docs round here are doing video consultations really quickly. They’ve been good.

Pubs is a cheap gimmick to appease a borderline alcoholic country. Sure, the pubs need the business but many sensible ones aren’t opening.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A pickled egg in a bag of cheese & onion. Yum. (n/t) on 19:33 - Jul 8 with 2324 viewsBloots

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:21 - Jul 8 by Dubtractor

Surely they could knock up a platter of pork scratchings and Big D peanuts and call it a buffet?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

A pickled egg in a bag of cheese & onion. Yum. (n/t) on 19:34 - Jul 8 with 2319 viewsDubtractor

A pickled egg in a bag of cheese & onion. Yum. (n/t) on 19:33 - Jul 8 by Bloots

I'd go salt and vinegar personally, but your choice is still sound.

Bloody love a good pickled egg.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:39 - Jul 8 with 2307 viewsAce_High1

Mine has been open for a long while... yes they encourage you not to go but if you need an appointment they are readily available. I assumed that was the same for everyone?
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:45 - Jul 8 with 2291 viewsDebsyAngel

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:39 - Jul 8 by Ace_High1

Mine has been open for a long while... yes they encourage you not to go but if you need an appointment they are readily available. I assumed that was the same for everyone?

There are some things I can do over the phone and talking to a nurse, but I really need to be seen about this foot problem. It's making walking difficult. I know what it is but the cream they gave me for a similar condition on my hands has spread the foot version badly and it comes up in ugly painful pustules which burst and crust over. The itching is driving me crazy.
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:47 - Jul 8 with 2288 viewsLibero

Doctors surgeries are open? I literally went to one this afternoon for a post covid check up. Colleague of mine went to the dentist last week too!
Login to get fewer ads

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:51 - Jul 8 with 2273 viewsDebsyAngel

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:47 - Jul 8 by Libero

Doctors surgeries are open? I literally went to one this afternoon for a post covid check up. Colleague of mine went to the dentist last week too!

Must be my luck again then... as my dentist are not open either! Rescheduled the appointment I was meant to go to next week until early December. Derby Road surgery are so unhelpful. Was told by their receptionist that "fill in a form and they would not be open for a very long time". Ok then, I will just get worse to the point I cannot take no more.
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:17 - Jul 8 with 2168 viewsfactual_blue

Well, no disrespect, but it does seem as though you can get the treatment you need, but - as with so many things - it's a bit more inconvenient at the moment.

I think it's going to be like this for a long time with regard to GPs. It may well be that they realise they can do a lot more by telephone/video consultation.

My wife has had telephone consultations with both her GP and a consultant. Both were absolutely fine.

Dentists are re-opening, but it's slower for them as the fact that they work with a patient's mouth means the preparation they have had to do is a lot more involved.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:21 - Jul 8 with 2155 viewsGlasgowBlue

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:45 - Jul 8 by DebsyAngel

There are some things I can do over the phone and talking to a nurse, but I really need to be seen about this foot problem. It's making walking difficult. I know what it is but the cream they gave me for a similar condition on my hands has spread the foot version badly and it comes up in ugly painful pustules which burst and crust over. The itching is driving me crazy.

Our local surgery is doing video calls with a doctor. I'm surprised this isn't the norm.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:28 - Jul 8 with 2133 viewsClapham_Junction

I had a dental appointment two weeks ago (for an x-ray) and a filling yesterday.

The filling would have been sooner, but apparently they were struggling to get PPE.
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:29 - Jul 8 with 2129 viewsDebsyAngel

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:21 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

Our local surgery is doing video calls with a doctor. I'm surprised this isn't the norm.

Not sure how these video calls are done (I am not the best with technology). I think I need to be seen by dermatology but as with my ENT appointment which I still have not had, I am not expecting to be referred. The nose thing has been going on since February- what if it is cancerous? Sorry to be morbid but people really should be getting seen now.
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:38 - Jul 8 with 2112 viewsGlasgowBlue

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:29 - Jul 8 by DebsyAngel

Not sure how these video calls are done (I am not the best with technology). I think I need to be seen by dermatology but as with my ENT appointment which I still have not had, I am not expecting to be referred. The nose thing has been going on since February- what if it is cancerous? Sorry to be morbid but people really should be getting seen now.

It's done on your mobile phone. Get somebody to point at the affected area and your GP should be able to have a decent idea what it is.

I had a mole on my back that I thought was getting bigger and thought the worse. The doctor took one look and said it's just a skin tag and comes with age.

Iron Lion Zion

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:40 - Jul 8 with 2106 viewsDebsyAngel

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:38 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

It's done on your mobile phone. Get somebody to point at the affected area and your GP should be able to have a decent idea what it is.

I had a mole on my back that I thought was getting bigger and thought the worse. The doctor took one look and said it's just a skin tag and comes with age.

Thank you - I have recently got a smartphone as my little old Nokia would not take the new memory card I needed. Will phone up next week and see what happens. Thank you. Glad your mole was nothing to worry about.
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:45 - Jul 8 with 2096 viewsMeadowlark

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:25 - Jul 8 by Swansea_Blue

Docs round here are doing video consultations really quickly. They’ve been good.

Pubs is a cheap gimmick to appease a borderline alcoholic country. Sure, the pubs need the business but many sensible ones aren’t opening.

I understand that you might not like pubs and you might not drink. That's OK. But many people who are not borderline alcoholic enjoy a trip to their local for a few beers and to meet their friends. For some, it's also the only human contact they might have.
I agree that not all pubs are opening. Many "sensible" restaurants are not opening either. That's a call that has to be made by the publican and of course, it's also up to the customer, but that's not the point I was making. The voucher has been widely stated as aimed at "meals and pubs," but it's not usable in traditional pubs that do not or cannot serve food. This seems like a deliberate move and is no doubt one you support, but local back street pubs are often important parts of the community, and even before the current shutdown were finding it increasingly difficult to compete with supermarket prices.
If you are concerned about a borderline alcoholic country you'd be better taking aim at supermarkets selling cheap booze 24 hours a day rather than poor publicans, trying to scrape a living.
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:46 - Jul 8 with 2094 viewsGlasgowBlue

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:40 - Jul 8 by DebsyAngel

Thank you - I have recently got a smartphone as my little old Nokia would not take the new memory card I needed. Will phone up next week and see what happens. Thank you. Glad your mole was nothing to worry about.

No problem. Hope you get sorted.

Iron Lion Zion

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:57 - Jul 8 with 2068 viewsDebsyAngel

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:45 - Jul 8 by Meadowlark

I understand that you might not like pubs and you might not drink. That's OK. But many people who are not borderline alcoholic enjoy a trip to their local for a few beers and to meet their friends. For some, it's also the only human contact they might have.
I agree that not all pubs are opening. Many "sensible" restaurants are not opening either. That's a call that has to be made by the publican and of course, it's also up to the customer, but that's not the point I was making. The voucher has been widely stated as aimed at "meals and pubs," but it's not usable in traditional pubs that do not or cannot serve food. This seems like a deliberate move and is no doubt one you support, but local back street pubs are often important parts of the community, and even before the current shutdown were finding it increasingly difficult to compete with supermarket prices.
If you are concerned about a borderline alcoholic country you'd be better taking aim at supermarkets selling cheap booze 24 hours a day rather than poor publicans, trying to scrape a living.

That is not what I meant - I was angry that pubs etc were getting priority over medical matters.

I love going to the pub and up to lockdown had been going a few times a month, and I really miss them but the one in town I go to is not opening up as they are concerned that their pub is not safe enough (Cock and Pye). I am not going to one until the cases are virtually zero or a decent vaccine is here. I cannot risk it with my health problems. I have been having a few beers every couple of weeks from the supermarket but it's not the same.

Last week I posted that the Railway in Foxhall Road was closing down, and that was really sad as that is one pub I did love going in. But they consider it unsafe for them (the landlord and his wife have health problems too) and they would not be able to run a pub that relies on live music as it just would not work. So I do care about the pubs that close and never reopen pretty strongly.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 22:04]
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 22:52 - Jul 8 with 2013 viewsscotdoc

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:45 - Jul 8 by DebsyAngel

Sorry, everything is telephone triage and will be ad nauseum.
Regardless,you have a condition called palmoplantar psoriasis which is fairly easy to manage.
10 guineas would suffice 😁
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:14 - Jul 8 with 1986 viewsRyorry

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 19:19 - Jul 8 by Meadowlark

Re the voucher for restaurants - looks as tho the methodology* the govt. have picked will prevent anyone who can't or doesn't want to eat out in Aug from donating their vouchers to people who have maybe lost their jobs or are hard up for other reasons & could make use of them. Ir can anyone think of a workaround?

*Customers pay & the tenner is apparently refunded directly to their bank accounts

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:19 - Jul 8 with 1974 viewsGlasgowBlue

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:14 - Jul 8 by Ryorry

Re the voucher for restaurants - looks as tho the methodology* the govt. have picked will prevent anyone who can't or doesn't want to eat out in Aug from donating their vouchers to people who have maybe lost their jobs or are hard up for other reasons & could make use of them. Ir can anyone think of a workaround?

*Customers pay & the tenner is apparently refunded directly to their bank accounts

Customers pay half the tenner and the govt pays the restaurant the other fiver within 5 working days.

No limit on how many times a customer can use the vouchers during the month of August.

Iron Lion Zion

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:23 - Jul 8 with 1966 viewsDebsyAngel

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 22:52 - Jul 8 by scotdoc

Sorry, everything is telephone triage and will be ad nauseum.
Regardless,you have a condition called palmoplantar psoriasis which is fairly easy to manage.
10 guineas would suffice 😁

Ok, a virtual 10 guineas coming your way.... I have tried calamine to cool/dry it, E45, Vaseline to moisturise it, Eumovate to stop the itching, leaving it to dry out with no moisturiser, witch hazel, Dermovate (Which I use for the ones on my hand) - it spread it further over my foot, and finally some Protopic ointment that a friend gave me. Nothing has stopped it. The rotten yellow pustules, then they burst and red pin pricks, the terrible itching, the stinging, then they crust over and cracks appear in the skin. I just cannot understand how it's started up.
All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:25 - Jul 8 with 1962 viewsRyorry

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:19 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

Customers pay half the tenner and the govt pays the restaurant the other fiver within 5 working days.

No limit on how many times a customer can use the vouchers during the month of August.

OK, my brain went on strike about 4 hours ago* - you mean customer pays fiver at the time & gets £15 refunded later?

*and I always was useless at maths anyway

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:27 - Jul 8 with 1955 viewsRyorry

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 21:40 - Jul 8 by DebsyAngel

All best Debbie, hope things go OK & the itch stops itching - do you have some kind of emolliant to slap on to ease that?

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:30 - Jul 8 with 1949 viewsGlasgowBlue

All very well about vouchers for meals and pubs... on 23:25 - Jul 8 by Ryorry

OK, my brain went on strike about 4 hours ago* - you mean customer pays fiver at the time & gets £15 refunded later?

*and I always was useless at maths anyway

No. The customer goes into a restaurant (as many times as they want) Mon-Wed in the month of August and orders from the menu. Let's say they order Burger and chips with a drink and their bill is £10, they pay the restaurant £5.

The restaurant then claims the remaining £5 from the government which goes into the company account within five working days.

This scheme is available to every member of the public.

So a family of four goes into a restaurant and the bill comes to £40, then they just pay a bill of £20 and the restaurant is reimbursed by the government for the other £20.

Restaurant gets the full price - punter only pays for half the bill.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 23:31]

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024