Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I just can't enjoy it.. 20:45 - Jul 19 with 2976 viewsGlevum

...football on the TV with no fans in the grounds, it all seems a bit pointless. Roll on October, or November, or whenever, if whenever. We are terrible, we've all said that was a waste of time, never again, but I miss going to the football, if not the football dished up sometimes. I want Rochdale on a Tuesday. And I bet a lot of you do too.
I just can't enjoy it.. on 20:46 - Jul 19 with 2968 viewsTractorWood

Agree. There was this massive rush 'to get football back' I watch a few fleeting moments of the odd game and they are just all totally pointless.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I just can't enjoy it.. on 20:48 - Jul 19 with 2960 viewsEdwardStone

Kinda with you Mr G

But I did enjoy watching the matches where Nodge lost

Football is one of the very rare times in life where I take delight in the misfortunes of others
I just can't enjoy it.. on 08:02 - Jul 20 with 2757 viewsGeoffSentence

I just can't enjoy it.. on 20:48 - Jul 19 by EdwardStone

Kinda with you Mr G

But I did enjoy watching the matches where Nodge lost

Football is one of the very rare times in life where I take delight in the misfortunes of others

You can't beat a little bit of epicaricay, especially where the nodgers are concerned.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I just can't enjoy it.. on 08:11 - Jul 20 with 2743 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I just can't enjoy it.. on 08:14 - Jul 20 with 2741 viewsBasuco

I think it is more a case of the prem players are only "going through the motions" at the moment, most games look like old men's walking football. They are doing just enough to full fill the TV contract and nothing more. There have been quite a few Championship games that have been good, in general the championship players have acted far more professionally than the prem players.
I just can't enjoy it.. on 10:03 - Jul 20 with 2687 viewsWestover

I'm enjoying the Football especially watching that team in Yellow and Green 😂😂
I just can't enjoy it.. on 10:10 - Jul 20 with 2667 viewsgiant_stow

Oddly, I listenned to the arsenal semi final on the radio and really enjoyed it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I just can't enjoy it.. on 10:19 - Jul 20 with 2639 viewsHerbivore

I just can't enjoy it.. on 08:14 - Jul 20 by Basuco

I think it is more a case of the prem players are only "going through the motions" at the moment, most games look like old men's walking football. They are doing just enough to full fill the TV contract and nothing more. There have been quite a few Championship games that have been good, in general the championship players have acted far more professionally than the prem players.

The nature of the Championship means that most games will have at least one side with something to play for. Too many games in the Prem have been dead rubbers as the title race was done pre-lockdown really and only about 5 sides have been in a relegation battle. Loads of sides in the middle just going through the motions.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

I just can't enjoy it.. on 10:23 - Jul 20 with 2625 viewsitfcjoe

I have quite enjoyed it, I only really pay a passing interest to certain games rather than sit down desperate to watch any - but for me the games have generally been played a at a decent tempo and been worth watching

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I just can't enjoy it.. on 10:26 - Jul 20 with 2616 viewsHerbivore

I just can't enjoy it.. on 10:23 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

I have quite enjoyed it, I only really pay a passing interest to certain games rather than sit down desperate to watch any - but for me the games have generally been played a at a decent tempo and been worth watching

I'd agree with this. I've carefully chosen games and have probably watched no more than 5 or 6 games in total but they've all been fairly decent.

I just can't enjoy it.. on 10:48 - Jul 20 with 2587 viewsLibero

Just don't watch it then mate.
I just can't enjoy it.. on 10:52 - Jul 20 with 2576 viewsDebsyAngel

Same here. Cannot even watch Match of the Day or the EFL highlights now. No crowds, that awful "crowd noise" thing which is like canned laughter on comedy shows, the fact that players can hug and kiss after scoring - it's so plastic and fake. Only games I have had half an interest in lately are the ones showing Norwich getting relegated but they have been more like comedies than football.
I just can't enjoy it.. on 10:59 - Jul 20 with 2559 viewsPJH

The games that I do bother to watch "mostly under Norwich lose again heading" I usually watch with sound muted anyway so makes no difference to me.
I just can't enjoy it.. on 11:06 - Jul 20 with 2539 viewsBlue_Order

You might enjoy reading an article on the subject of ghost games in Blue Action’s soon-to-be-released fanzine 👀
I just can't enjoy it.. on 11:10 - Jul 20 with 2525 viewsGlasgowBlue

I missed it when it wasn’t on and have thoroughly enjoyed it since returning. It took a few games to get used to and I thought that also applied to the players but having so much football available to watch has been great imo.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 11:13]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I just can't enjoy it.. on 13:39 - Jul 20 with 2463 viewsBryanPlug

I just can't enjoy it.. on 11:06 - Jul 20 by Blue_Order

You might enjoy reading an article on the subject of ghost games in Blue Action’s soon-to-be-released fanzine 👀

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I just can't enjoy it.. on 13:42 - Jul 20 with 2459 viewsHerbivore

I just can't enjoy it.. on 13:39 - Jul 20 by BryanPlug

They moved online, mate. You're now posting on the site that the fanzine became. Click on the 'About us' tab if you'd like to know more.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 13:42]

I just can't enjoy it.. on 13:47 - Jul 20 with 2443 viewsBlue_Order

I just can't enjoy it.. on 13:39 - Jul 20 by BryanPlug

That’s the one, mate. Obviously we’ll never match the quality of TWTD in it’s prime, but we’ve given it a shot anyway.
I just can't enjoy it.. on 13:53 - Jul 20 with 2425 viewsFacefacts

Shows how TV money has killed football - and that no PL team will buy any of the young Norwich defenders (Godfrey o.g. LOL).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024