Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives of PRP 09:44 - Jul 23 with 2059 viewsBluefish

as he is here to stay maybe we should look for positives of having the most incompetent manager in football still employed on a 5 year deal

He won't ever have us in a Brentford or Forest situation

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Positives of PRP on 09:45 - Jul 23 with 2045 viewsKeno

he isnt Gary Megson .....

actually is that an advantage???

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Positives of PRP on 09:48 - Jul 23 with 2036 viewsBluefish

Positives of PRP on 09:45 - Jul 23 by Keno

he isnt Gary Megson .....

actually is that an advantage???

At least Megson scored a goal for us with his Norwich connection.

Positives of PRP on 09:49 - Jul 23 with 2033 viewsPendejo

How can anyone compare Brentford and Forest?

One made a late charge for automatic promotion but didn't quite make it, the other bottled it big style just to get one over their local rivals for spectacular bottling.

Our implosion came much earlier in the season.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Positives of PRP on 10:06 - Jul 23 with 1989 viewsthebooks

He gets the odd round in.
Positives of PRP on 10:25 - Jul 23 with 1966 viewstextbackup

hes nice to the supporters...... means nothing, but im trying anything here

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Positives of PRP on 10:59 - Jul 23 with 1935 viewsBluefish

Positives of PRP on 10:25 - Jul 23 by textbackup

hes nice to the supporters...... means nothing, but im trying anything here

He gets them to hold hands in front of us, well not so much in the 2nd half of the season but it was nice to celebrate winning the league in September

Positives of PRP on 11:48 - Jul 23 with 1865 viewsthatdamgood89

If Stuart Taylor has improved his tactical knowledge and approach then Town will be ok.

Lambert has players wanting to play for him. He puts the arm around etc all the PR stuff you see is the type of manager he is.

Monday-Thursday Taylor is responsible for putting the sessions together with the game plan etc ...How it worked at Norwich with Culverhouse.

If Taylor is good we will be good.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Positives of PRP on 11:49 - Jul 23 with 1856 viewsclive_baker

Positives of PRP on 11:48 - Jul 23 by thatdamgood89

If Stuart Taylor has improved his tactical knowledge and approach then Town will be ok.

Lambert has players wanting to play for him. He puts the arm around etc all the PR stuff you see is the type of manager he is.

Monday-Thursday Taylor is responsible for putting the sessions together with the game plan etc ...How it worked at Norwich with Culverhouse.

What a load of b0llocks

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Positives of PRP on 11:55 - Jul 23 with 1834 viewsMullet

Positives of PRP on 11:49 - Jul 23 by clive_baker

What a load of b0llocks

Apart from the fact that it shouldn't fall on Taylor, there really isn't any sense that players love or will run through walls for Lambert is there?

If anything he seems the type of manager who is purposefully aloof and authoritarian in his approach. That's fine, as like any style if it gets results it's working but in his last few jobs he's had the same pattern.

Go in, attack the prima donnas and high earners try to reform a unit in the dressing room and challenge the rest to step out or ship out. It got some upturn at Villa and Stoke before falling apart but here we never really saw that.

It's very concerning.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Positives of PRP on 11:56 - Jul 23 with 1830 viewsthatdamgood89

Positives of PRP on 11:49 - Jul 23 by clive_baker

What a load of b0llocks

Want to say how and further the debate? it is, after all, a discussion forum.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Positives of PRP on 11:56 - Jul 23 with 1828 viewsGeoffSentence

Unlike Posh and one or two others we don't feel like we were robbed of a promotion chance by CV19.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Positives of PRP on 11:58 - Jul 23 with 1819 viewsfooters

Positives of PRP on 11:56 - Jul 23 by GeoffSentence

Unlike Posh and one or two others we don't feel like we were robbed of a promotion chance by CV19.

Reckon he did it deliberately to help spare our feelings?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Positives of PRP on 12:00 - Jul 23 with 1813 viewsthatdamgood89

Positives of PRP on 11:55 - Jul 23 by Mullet

Apart from the fact that it shouldn't fall on Taylor, there really isn't any sense that players love or will run through walls for Lambert is there?

If anything he seems the type of manager who is purposefully aloof and authoritarian in his approach. That's fine, as like any style if it gets results it's working but in his last few jobs he's had the same pattern.

Go in, attack the prima donnas and high earners try to reform a unit in the dressing room and challenge the rest to step out or ship out. It got some upturn at Villa and Stoke before falling apart but here we never really saw that.

It's very concerning.

I am only basing my post on conversations I've had with players who have played under Lambert and Culverhouse. So thought I could offer something to the thread.. maybe I'm wrong IDK

Positives of PRP on 12:03 - Jul 23 with 1797 viewsJDB23

Positives of PRP on 11:55 - Jul 23 by Mullet

It's very concerning.

I think managers being no where near the training pitch is a lot more common than you think. Of course there will be loads that are fully hands on, but there will also be quite a few who leave it to their coaching staff, Sir Alex was known for this.

What our situation is like I'm not sure but whoever is in charge of training, they clearly do not have a clue based on last season.
Positives of PRP on 12:06 - Jul 23 with 1790 viewsclive_baker

Positives of PRP on 11:56 - Jul 23 by thatdamgood89

Want to say how and further the debate? it is, after all, a discussion forum.

OK. Just feels like a whole load of platitudes to me, that can't really be substantiated.

"If Stuart Taylor has improved his tactical knowledge". What do you really mean by tactical knowledge? And what are you basing your assumption that his existing level isn't sufficient?

"Lambert has players wanting to play for him". Can't see much evidence of that. We looked rudderless and uninspiring for the most part last season. Where's the evidence the players wanted to play for Lambert?

"He puts the arm around etc all the PR stuff you see is the type of manager he is". Lovely, but its a results business and he's failed spectacularly on that front.

As for Culverhouse, lets not forget he was Lambert's assistant at Villa too for 2 years. They were dire in that first season, I'm not sure where this myth has come from that Culverhouse is somehow the messiah. He's managing Kings Lynn.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Positives of PRP on 12:08 - Jul 23 with 1785 viewsMullet

Positives of PRP on 12:03 - Jul 23 by JDB23

I think managers being no where near the training pitch is a lot more common than you think. Of course there will be loads that are fully hands on, but there will also be quite a few who leave it to their coaching staff, Sir Alex was known for this.

What our situation is like I'm not sure but whoever is in charge of training, they clearly do not have a clue based on last season.

That's a massive assumption you're putting in my mouth there and not at all what I suggested.

Ultimately Lambert is in charge and culpable so if Taylor really is as poor as suggested and PL is doing nothing to rectify it on or off the training pitch then it's hugely concerning. Especially with such a gutless relegation and subsequent collapse again last season.

Positives of PRP on 12:10 - Jul 23 with 1777 viewsthebooks

To me, the players don't look that motivated. They were unconfident in our Championship relegation season and looked scared towards the end of this campaign. There was a togetherness in the relegation season, fuelled by a weird crowd reaction which PL tapped into, but that was it. It got us nowhere, of course.

Anyway, surely the manager is responsible for the overall performance. We've been rubbish for getting on for two seasons under PL – if it is down to ST then he should get someone else or additional staff in.

Not seen a single sign of learning or improvement.
Positives of PRP on 12:22 - Jul 23 with 1732 viewsMullet

Positives of PRP on 12:00 - Jul 23 by thatdamgood89

I am only basing my post on conversations I've had with players who have played under Lambert and Culverhouse. So thought I could offer something to the thread.. maybe I'm wrong IDK

I'm not sure why you're being so precious when I've tried to open it up beyond CB's rather curter response.

Which Villa players were these and how does it relate to our squad now exactly?

Positives of PRP on 12:23 - Jul 23 with 1732 viewsJDB23

Positives of PRP on 12:08 - Jul 23 by Mullet

That's a massive assumption you're putting in my mouth there and not at all what I suggested.

Ultimately Lambert is in charge and culpable so if Taylor really is as poor as suggested and PL is doing nothing to rectify it on or off the training pitch then it's hugely concerning. Especially with such a gutless relegation and subsequent collapse again last season.

Of course Lambert is ultimately responsible, not suggesting otherwise. Was just responding to your point of it "shouldn't fall on Taylor" with it being common for coaching staff to head up training sessions. If they are failing then yes, Lambert should take action. Just as Marcus Evans should be taking action if he fails.

It's a chain and by the looks of it, every link is weak.
Positives of PRP on 15:06 - Jul 23 with 1617 viewsBlueBadger

The Match Day Experience and The Football will continue to Get Better?
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 15:07]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Positives of PRP on 15:06 - Jul 23 with 1612 viewsBlueBadger

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Positives of PRP on 15:16 - Jul 23 with 1593 viewsBlueBadger

Taylor's been part of the set-up since Lambert came in and we've been failing pretty much consistently throughout. It's probably safe to say at this point that he's as rubbish at his job as his boss is.

Positives of PRP on 15:23 - Jul 23 with 1584 viewsBlueBadger

Positives of PRP on 10:59 - Jul 23 by Bluefish

He gets them to hold hands in front of us, well not so much in the 2nd half of the season but it was nice to celebrate winning the league in September

Sadly, it turns out that HMS Piss The League had a hole in the hull.

Positives of PRP on 15:27 - Jul 23 with 1579 viewsBlueBadger

Positives of PRP on 09:49 - Jul 23 by Pendejo

How can anyone compare Brentford and Forest?

One made a late charge for automatic promotion but didn't quite make it, the other bottled it big style just to get one over their local rivals for spectacular bottling.

Our implosion came much earlier in the season.

Point of order, we didn't so much 'implode' as 'have a run of freak results at the start of the season'.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024