Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist abuse at a golf club 14:51 - Jul 31 with 30840 viewsfactual_blue

That's a big surprise.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Racist abuse at a golf club on 08:43 - Aug 2 with 5056 viewssolomon

I suspect this is true of many establishments not only golf clubs. I believe the all England tennis and croquet club didn’t admit Jewish members in the past?

Some sports clubs have always been a bit elitist, the membership changes but not always the mindset.
Racist abuse at a golf club on 08:55 - Aug 2 with 5035 viewsGlasgowBlue

Racist abuse at a golf club on 08:43 - Aug 2 by solomon

I suspect this is true of many establishments not only golf clubs. I believe the all England tennis and croquet club didn’t admit Jewish members in the past?

Some sports clubs have always been a bit elitist, the membership changes but not always the mindset.

Yes it was commonplace for Jewish people to be rejected for tennis club membership as recently as the early 1930’s. That’s the reason so many Jewish tennis clubs were formed in the 1920’s.

Even after the war there were the odd instances of Jews being refused membership of some tennis clubs, but it was far less common as the racists had moved on to discriminating against blacks in the 1950’s.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Racist abuse at a golf club on 09:08 - Aug 2 with 4993 viewsBluefish

Just ignore him, he won't ever change. He is bitter at life and needs a release. Just enjoy your own life without his bitterness.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Racist abuse at a golf club on 09:19 - Aug 2 with 4983 viewssolomon

Racist abuse at a golf club on 08:55 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

Yes it was commonplace for Jewish people to be rejected for tennis club membership as recently as the early 1930’s. That’s the reason so many Jewish tennis clubs were formed in the 1920’s.

Even after the war there were the odd instances of Jews being refused membership of some tennis clubs, but it was far less common as the racists had moved on to discriminating against blacks in the 1950’s.

Indeed, that’s why I am not at all surprised to hear of this story regarding KD. Generally most people have been brought up with a sense of common decency and a moral compass, however there are still pockets of bigotry firmly entrenched within our society.I think we now have a younger generation coming through who are far better equipped and enabled to tackle these issues, that can only be a good thing.
Racist abuse at a golf club on 10:19 - Aug 2 with 4932 viewsGlasgowBlue

Racist abuse at a golf club on 09:19 - Aug 2 by solomon

Indeed, that’s why I am not at all surprised to hear of this story regarding KD. Generally most people have been brought up with a sense of common decency and a moral compass, however there are still pockets of bigotry firmly entrenched within our society.I think we now have a younger generation coming through who are far better equipped and enabled to tackle these issues, that can only be a good thing.

I haven’t lived in England for over twenty years, and never attempted to play golf when I did, so I can’t comment on whether Golf clubs down south are institutionaly racist. One would have hoped that would have died out when the older Fawlty Towers type Majors passed on.

We know that sexism certainly exists in such places so I wouldn’t be surprised.

To back up DK’s earlier point, golf clubs are very common up here and cater for all ages, races and classes.

Iron Lion Zion

Racist abuse at a golf club on 10:23 - Aug 2 with 4922 viewsEdwardStone

Racist abuse at a golf club on 10:19 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

I haven’t lived in England for over twenty years, and never attempted to play golf when I did, so I can’t comment on whether Golf clubs down south are institutionaly racist. One would have hoped that would have died out when the older Fawlty Towers type Majors passed on.

To back up DK’s earlier point, golf clubs are very common up here and cater for all ages, races and classes.

I was astonished when I learned this....that golf is a perfectly normal working class sort North of the Border

I have a very stereotypical view of a golfer.... a view that seems to chime with the picture coming out of Hintlesham
Racist abuse at a golf club on 10:32 - Aug 2 with 4902 viewsGlasgowBlue

Racist abuse at a golf club on 10:23 - Aug 2 by EdwardStone

I was astonished when I learned this....that golf is a perfectly normal working class sort North of the Border

I have a very stereotypical view of a golfer.... a view that seems to chime with the picture coming out of Hintlesham

I tried to play up here but was rubbish. I was a quite taken back when a neighbour took me golfing for the day and at the second hole got out a can of Tennents lager. And then did so at every second hole.

Of course St Andrews and Gleneagles have a certain prestige, but it’s a commonly played working class sport up here.

Iron Lion Zion

Racist abuse at a golf club on 11:04 - Aug 2 with 4849 viewsEdwardStone

Racist abuse at a golf club on 10:32 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

I tried to play up here but was rubbish. I was a quite taken back when a neighbour took me golfing for the day and at the second hole got out a can of Tennents lager. And then did so at every second hole.

Of course St Andrews and Gleneagles have a certain prestige, but it’s a commonly played working class sport up here.

One of my ex-Army mates was a bit of a ruffian....he was telling me that him and his gang used to bunk off school ......to play Golf

I was astounded...it sounded just soooo middle class to my soft southern ears
Login to get fewer ads

Racist abuse at a golf club on 11:32 - Aug 2 with 4813 viewssolomon

Racist abuse at a golf club on 10:19 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

Apologies, I don’t want to appear to infer that all golf clubs are institutionally racist, I don’t play golf and have never been in one I guess the point I’m making is that this sort of behaviour is becoming more common place nowadays in lots of places, it’s a very sad state of affairs and One which we all have a duty to address and correct.
Racist abuse at a golf club on 15:44 - Aug 2 with 4573 viewsHerbivore

The sexual tension on here is off the charts.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Racist abuse at a golf club on 15:48 - Aug 2 with 4565 viewsfooters

Racist abuse at a golf club on 15:44 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

The sexual tension on here is off the charts.

What's happening? I don't know because I have them both on ignore.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Racist abuse at a golf club on 15:51 - Aug 2 with 4560 viewsHerbivore

Racist abuse at a golf club on 15:48 - Aug 2 by footers

What's happening? I don't know because I have them both on ignore.

Some serious flirting going on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Racist abuse at a golf club on 15:52 - Aug 2 with 4552 viewsfooters

Racist abuse at a golf club on 15:51 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

Some serious flirting going on.

Wish someone would flirt with me. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Racist abuse at a golf club on 15:53 - Aug 2 with 4540 viewsSpruceMoose

Racist abuse at a golf club on 15:52 - Aug 2 by footers

Excuse me. We had that one fumble behind wkj's potting shed and you put me on ignore before the sun came up! I'm starting to think you're the forums answer to Mick Hucknell!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Racist abuse at a golf club on 15:55 - Aug 2 with 4842 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Racist abuse at a golf club on 15:52 - Aug 2 by footers

Hi honey

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Racist abuse at a golf club on 15:57 - Aug 2 with 4832 viewsfooters

Racist abuse at a golf club on 15:55 - Aug 2 by StochesStotasBlewe

Hi honey

Phwoar! Have you lost weight? You look great!

Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:17 - Aug 2 with 4395 viewsSpruceMoose

Not sure why my post pointing out the inaccuracies in the reporting surrounding the looting that occurred in the US earlier this year was deleted.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:23 - Aug 2 with 4367 viewsmonytowbray

Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:17 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Not sure why my post pointing out the inaccuracies in the reporting surrounding the looting that occurred in the US earlier this year was deleted.

Always good to get the evidence deleted.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:23 - Aug 2 with 4364 viewsbluelagos

If any post is removed, I think the whole replies, replies to replies of that post go with it. Your reply was one of a few that are no longer with us by the look of it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:25 - Aug 2 with 4357 viewsjeera

From what I can tell, by immediate impressions anyway, it's to aid the focus on the new found relations between our footers and dear friend piners.

Now I figured footers is probably single, but pinewood might have some explaining to do when watching his bags being packed tomorrow.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:26 - Aug 2 with 4348 viewsfooters

Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:23 - Aug 2 by bluelagos

If any post is removed, I think the whole replies, replies to replies of that post go with it. Your reply was one of a few that are no longer with us by the look of it.

Yet the question remains, are middle class white boys responsible for thefts and violence in black neighbourhoods?

Tumbleweed.

Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:26 - Aug 2 with 4350 viewsPhilTWTD

Just a bit fed up with the same users constantly poking one another to get a reaction, despite having said they'd leave one another alone.
Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:27 - Aug 2 with 4336 viewsSpruceMoose

Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:23 - Aug 2 by bluelagos

Convenient for some parties indeed. I wonder how that happened when there were no abuse reports.

Oh well. What's the point of even trying to post truthful things on here anymore?

Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:29 - Aug 2 with 4319 viewsSpruceMoose

Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:26 - Aug 2 by footers

Yet the question remains, are middle class white boys responsible for thefts and violence in black neighbourhoods?

Tumbleweed.

I guess the truth doesn't matter if you're prepared to make a big enough stink about being corrected.

Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:30 - Aug 2 with 4307 viewsGlasgowBlue

Racist abuse at a golf club on 20:26 - Aug 2 by PhilTWTD

Just a bit fed up with the same users constantly poking one another to get a reaction, despite having said they'd leave one another alone.

Which I did. As I assured you I would. As I will continue to do so if it is reciprocated.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024