Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Howe, anyone? 23:35 - Aug 1 with 3483 viewsnorth_stand77

Lots of 'ifs and buts' BUT should Lambert leave any time soon, what does anyone think of Howe taking us forward?

More likely that he will go to a Championship club or maybe another Prem club but he did a brilliant job at Bournemouth, particularly getting them up through the league's.
I'd be quite happy to have him here.
Eddie Howe, anyone? on 23:40 - Aug 1 with 3460 viewsFunge

I mean that would be lovely - but, even allowing for all the Bournemouth teasing on here (come back Bully), he is far, far too good for us.

He'll get a Prem job, or Derby will remortgage Pride Park again, and get him in there.
Eddie Howe, anyone? on 23:47 - Aug 1 with 3438 viewsJ2BLUE

There's about as much chance of him managing in league one as there is of Callis buying shares in Amazon and joining the Tories.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 00:17 - Aug 2 with 3367 viewsSeablu

The sister-worriers up the road would be a much more appealing proposition for him.
We’re destined for Simon feckin Grayson once ME puts the screen around Lambert and orders the on-course vet to do the decent thing.
Eddie Howe, anyone? on 00:24 - Aug 2 with 3340 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes, although if he leaves City I think we should go for Guardiola personally

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 00:54 - Aug 2 with 3305 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I have a feeling he will join Palace.

Got a feeling Roy may step aside.

P.S. Howe was earning over £3m per year at Bournemouth.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 0:55]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 01:11 - Aug 2 with 3275 viewspointofblue

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 00:54 - Aug 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

It'd be sad if Roy Hodgson's managerial career finished on eight(?) straight defeats, as I'd be surprised if he'll have another job post Palace.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 09:58 - Aug 2 with 2925 viewsmonty_radio

TOWN
"Project? We don't exactly have one of those Eddie, though we might do some of the other roofs soon. Oh, team project! We have a rolling plan of plans, but the main aim is to understand why we keep dropping like a stone, and, when we've researched that, to get better, then better still."
EDDIE
"Sounds on the money to me"
TOWN
"Money?"

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 10:10 - Aug 2 with 2890 viewsChutney

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 01:11 - Aug 2 by pointofblue

It'd be sad if Roy Hodgson's managerial career finished on eight(?) straight defeats, as I'd be surprised if he'll have another job post Palace.

They drew with Spurs on the final day.
Login to get fewer ads

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 10:13 - Aug 2 with 2869 viewsBluefish

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 00:54 - Aug 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

not at little Bournemouth they've got where they are today through volunteers and free transfers. I'm pretty sure most of the players are part time to subsidise the fact they plucky little Bournemouth can't afford to pay them

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 11:18 - Aug 2 with 2735 viewsChrisd

Would love to have Eddie Howe here, but lets be honest he'll be attracting interest from much bigger clubs than us.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 11:35 - Aug 2 with 2697 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Top end Championship and one or two PL clubs will have him firmly on their list. Wonder if he's the sort that might be tempted overseas too.
Eddie Howe, anyone? on 11:56 - Aug 2 with 2656 viewsElephantintheRoom

Hoho.... have you stopped to consider the absurdity of this suggestion?

Howe is hyped by the media and can probably walk into a job at Palace, Newcastle, Villa, Brighton etc etc and already earns £3million a year despite a generally appaling record in the transfer market and not seemingly interested in defence as a means ot avoid defeat - or perhaps even win more often.

Neil Warnock is perhaps a tad more realistic - and more in tune with the owner's limited thinking and interest

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 12:57 - Aug 2 with 2564 viewsTieDyedIn95

Yes we would have him in heartbeat. Except... he is way out of our league. Chris Houghton is way out of our league now! Why would he join a sinking League One ship with a budget that diminishes season by season? He could walk into a lower Prem-Upper Champ job tomorrow. We'd have to pay over the odds to get him here and we know Evans wont part with that kind of cash, he didn't to keep us up, so why now?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 13:06 - Aug 2 with 2544 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 11:56 - Aug 2 by ElephantintheRoom

Hoho.... have you stopped to consider the absurdity of this suggestion?

Howe is hyped by the media and can probably walk into a job at Palace, Newcastle, Villa, Brighton etc etc and already earns £3million a year despite a generally appaling record in the transfer market and not seemingly interested in defence as a means ot avoid defeat - or perhaps even win more often.

Neil Warnock is perhaps a tad more realistic - and more in tune with the owner's limited thinking and interest

Neil Warnock who is the current manager of a team in the division above us?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 14:28 - Aug 2 with 2444 viewsradiogaga

I'd be fairly happy if we could persuade Klopp to come here. Evans would need to show some proper ambition and stump up the compensation and contract though.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 14:29]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Eddie Howe, anyone? on 14:33 - Aug 2 with 2425 viewsfooters

Cameron Carter-Vickers by footers 1 Aug 2019 13:04
I'd like a twelve-inch penis, not gonna happen tho.

Can't afford the reduction surgery.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024