Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyson fans 01:21 - Aug 13 with 5618 viewsjeera

Air coolers/whatever.

Any good? There's a few differing designs I see and all a bit pricey but assuming there will be more summers with hot spells following this one, are they - or similar - a worthwhile investment?

I.e. How effective? Life span? Is the electricity use a bit mad or acceptable for the benefits?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Dyson fans on 03:06 - Aug 13 with 4584 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll have none of this fan nonsense. That's just blowing hot air around.

Get yerself a nice standalone AC unit, strip down to your unterpantsies, plonk yerself down in front of it and thank me later.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Dyson fans on 03:25 - Aug 13 with 4552 viewsjeera

Dyson fans on 03:06 - Aug 13 by SpruceMoose

I'll have none of this fan nonsense. That's just blowing hot air around.

Get yerself a nice standalone AC unit, strip down to your unterpantsies, plonk yerself down in front of it and thank me later.

I will not be sitting in my underpants thinking of you in any circumstances.

Not just a fan, I have a fan, but a cooler fan thingy.

My ex- next door neighbour had a piece of kit a couple of summers ago and he was a smug bastard whilst the rest of us were suffering.

I'm sure it was Dyson, but might be mistaken. A smart tower which was a bit fancy.

I don't want those aircon disease carrying things here. Besides, I don't have the space.

Edit: plus those are more expensive, no?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2020 3:38]

Dyson fans on 06:53 - Aug 13 with 4441 viewsdickie

For the price of a Dyson fan I'd definitely invest in a little A/C unit. Plus that way you're not lining the pocket of a self interested Brexiteer 👍
Dyson fans on 07:43 - Aug 13 with 4369 viewsJohnny_Boy

The electricity usage is always going to be the real issue here, regardless if you opt for a regular fan or an AC Unit. In this current heat, Solar Panels are the way forward. But it’s not a cheap option. But you will save in the long term if your Unit is on 8hrs a day - or more importantly - on a timer at night to help you get to sleep.

Also, with AC Units, all the home windows do need to be shut to bring the core household temperature down.
Dyson fans on 08:17 - Aug 13 with 4327 viewsGeoffSentence

Dyson fans on 06:53 - Aug 13 by dickie

For the price of a Dyson fan I'd definitely invest in a little A/C unit. Plus that way you're not lining the pocket of a self interested Brexiteer 👍

Ah yes, Dyson, the smug hypocrite who banged on about the virtues of manufacturing in the UK who then moved all his manufacturing to the Far East.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Dyson fans on 08:19 - Aug 13 with 4320 viewsdickie

Dyson fans on 08:17 - Aug 13 by GeoffSentence

Ah yes, Dyson, the smug hypocrite who banged on about the virtues of manufacturing in the UK who then moved all his manufacturing to the Far East.

That's the one! What a unit!
Dyson fans on 09:20 - Aug 13 with 4236 viewsstrikalite

Dyson fans on 07:43 - Aug 13 by Johnny_Boy

The electricity usage is always going to be the real issue here, regardless if you opt for a regular fan or an AC Unit. In this current heat, Solar Panels are the way forward. But it’s not a cheap option. But you will save in the long term if your Unit is on 8hrs a day - or more importantly - on a timer at night to help you get to sleep.

Also, with AC Units, all the home windows do need to be shut to bring the core household temperature down.

I've got an A/C unit in my bedroom, a god send right now, not ideal but the hose goes out the window and curtains are drawn, just have it on for couple hours before i go to bed, then switch it off and put the fan on, best thing I've ever bought EVER!

I think leaving it on all night would cost just over £1 to run....so not really noticed too much of a rise in my elec bill thankfully.
Dyson fans on 09:44 - Aug 13 with 4180 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Wife bought one a couple of weeks ago at great expense

To be honest, I’m struggling to tell the difference against a £15 one from Argos, it’s still ridiculously hot. Plus it’s massive so not as easy to lug between rooms

It’s got a lovely display and supposedly ‘purifies’ the air though so there is that. And it is probably a bit safer with a 2 year old running around. Bargain

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Dyson fans on 09:51 - Aug 13 with 4154 viewsSaleAway

Dyson fans on 09:44 - Aug 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

To be honest, I’m struggling to tell the difference against a £15 one from Argos, it’s still ridiculously hot. Plus it’s massive so not as easy to lug between rooms

It’s got a lovely display and supposedly ‘purifies’ the air though so there is that. And it is probably a bit safer with a 2 year old running around. Bargain

for anyone doubting that farts are just a little bit grim

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Dyson fans on 09:57 - Aug 13 with 4117 viewsbrazil1982

Moved to HQ to Singapore, not manufacturing (yet) with the aim of access to engineering skills to produce electric cars in the Asian market.

I didn't realise he's 71 and was born in Norfolk.
Dyson fans on 10:05 - Aug 13 with 4107 viewsfactual_blue

Would that be made by the dyson chappy who noisily supported brexit, and then bu.ggers off to Singapore?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Dyson fans on 10:07 - Aug 13 with 4095 viewsSaleAway

Dyson fans on 09:57 - Aug 13 by brazil1982

Moved to HQ to Singapore, not manufacturing (yet) with the aim of access to engineering skills to produce electric cars in the Asian market.

He's given up the electric car idea.

Although the airfield he bought and renovated as a test track and dev centre is being used by Dyson Home product teams now.

Although he does most manufacturing abroad, he still invests heavily in UK engineering skills . The wiltshire locations are quite impressive, including an engineering school attached to the University of Warwick.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Dyson fans on 10:12 - Aug 13 with 4069 viewsEly_Blue

Dyson fans on 10:07 - Aug 13 by SaleAway

He's given up the electric car idea.

Although the airfield he bought and renovated as a test track and dev centre is being used by Dyson Home product teams now.

Although he does most manufacturing abroad, he still invests heavily in UK engineering skills . The wiltshire locations are quite impressive, including an engineering school attached to the University of Warwick.

And an engineering building/department at Cambridge too

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Dyson fans on 10:12 - Aug 13 with 4069 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dyson fans on 09:57 - Aug 13 by brazil1982

His manufacturing went to Malaysia and Singapore nearly 20 years ago (not that it really matters, as it's quite common).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dyson fans on 10:22 - Aug 13 with 4043 viewsitfcjoe

I've got 2 of the hot/cold ones and they've been really good for us - especially when the kids were young that we could keep their rooms at 18 degrees or so through the winter so they can sleep as and when in the day without worrying about having to heat whole upstairs etc just for one room

The fans are good for the boys at night too at the moment, but expensive if just for that.

Was a godsend when we were building the house and living here because we could just cart it round to whatever room we were in and keep that one heated

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dyson fans on 11:53 - Aug 13 with 3960 viewslinhdi

Dyson fans on 09:20 - Aug 13 by strikalite

I've got an A/C unit in my bedroom, a god send right now, not ideal but the hose goes out the window and curtains are drawn, just have it on for couple hours before i go to bed, then switch it off and put the fan on, best thing I've ever bought EVER!

I think leaving it on all night would cost just over £1 to run....so not really noticed too much of a rise in my elec bill thankfully.

I bought an A/c unit exactly a week ago. Vents out of the bedroom window, sealed in amateurish fashion with bin bags and sellotape. After a couple of days I realised that hot air was still breezing into the room under the door, so popped a towel under the door - that meant the room cools in 20-30 mins rather than an hour, and no doubt saves a bit of power too!

So, I'm a smug git who has had a week of wonderful sleep. It cost £195. Bargain.
Dyson fans on 11:57 - Aug 13 with 3949 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not a fan, I think he's a pr1ck.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dyson fans on 12:11 - Aug 13 with 3927 viewsthorpedo

Check out Meaco Fans. A British brand at about a third of the price of Dyson. I have one of the £100 ones and am impressed with it.

Thorpedo

Dyson fans on 12:18 - Aug 13 with 3907 viewsDanTheMan

Dyson fans on 12:11 - Aug 13 by thorpedo

Check out Meaco Fans. A British brand at about a third of the price of Dyson. I have one of the £100 ones and am impressed with it.

I also have a Meaco desk fan and can highly recommend it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dyson fans on 12:22 - Aug 13 with 3888 viewsPiercingBlue

Brexit Tory scum
Dyson fans on 12:23 - Aug 13 with 3883 viewsdickie

http://www.eumemes.eu/brexit-boycott-lists.html

The boycott list is pretty easy actually!
Dyson fans on 13:55 - Aug 13 with 3776 viewsjeera

Dyson fans on 06:53 - Aug 13 by dickie

"Or similar".

Brands/models Dickie if you can recommend?

Dyson fans on 13:56 - Aug 13 with 3773 viewsjeera

"Or similar".

Grr.

Dyson fans on 13:57 - Aug 13 with 3767 viewsjeera

I like the tower design with the pretty lights.

Dyson fans on 13:58 - Aug 13 with 3756 viewsjeera

Dyson fans on 10:05 - Aug 13 by factual_blue

Would that be made by the dyson chappy who noisily supported brexit, and then bu.ggers off to Singapore?

"Or similar"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024