Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WeBuyanyCar.com 13:24 - Aug 17 with 3279 viewsKungfuBlue

Anyone got any experience of using these? They have a branch in Ipswich. I have read stories of them offering left once you get there etc?

Was trying to trade in wifes against a new car but the part ex value garage is giving is a lot lower than market rates. My initial offer from Webuyanycar seems to be on the money but I'm worried the amount will come in lower on the day. Leaves me with a problem as dont want to commit to new car without knowing amount I have to play with
WeBuyanyCar.com on 13:28 - Aug 17 with 3250 viewsJ2BLUE

Isn't the offer valid for a certain time after the offer when you take it down?

I went with my mum when she took hers. They just do a check that it is in the condition you say.

They once offered my mum's uncle something like 20p for his car. Can't remember the exact story but obviously they didn't want it but have to make an offer so offered something so ridiculous no one would take it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

WeBuyanyCar.com on 13:28 - Aug 17 with 3248 viewsFtnfwest

The price they give is to lure you in. The one time i tried it 3 or 4 years ago, with a car which barely had a scratch on it (5-6 years old) and was low mileage, they came to inspect and knocked about 30% off the original figure they came up with. The guy was very good/knowledgeable who came round but he kept having to transmit offer/counteroffer to his head office and i walked away from it in the end.
WeBuyanyCar.com on 13:29 - Aug 17 with 3247 viewshype313

Yeah, don't bother.

I used Kesgrave Cars who offer something similar, but they actually offer something decent.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

WeBuyanyCar.com on 13:56 - Aug 17 with 3137 viewsbluelagos

I once had a pile of shte car that they offered my £49.99 for. That was before the £35 + vat fee.

Meant I was due £15 had I taken up their less than generous offer.

They basically offer you trade price and no more. There are also stories of them finding scratches etc. and dropping the price once you are there. Obv. not all of them, but a quote does not mean a price is guaranteed.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

WeBuyanyCar.com on 14:25 - Aug 17 with 3056 viewsMJallday

I sold my 3.5 year old ST focus via them

They offered 14000 on their website, within 10
Mins I was at their place, the lady tried to claim it had been respirated (it hadn’t) and wanted to knock 200 quid off - I argued the point and she relented

Very soon money in my account. Very easy tbh

They did also offer more than jaguar (I was part exing) - hence using them

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

WeBuyanyCar.com on 15:53 - Aug 17 with 2921 viewsSouperJim

I sold a 5 year old Mazda 6 to them for a good price last year, their prices have improved considerably compared to a few years ago. The main issue people have is unless you go over your car with a fine tooth comb and accurately put any paintwork issues etc into the online valuation tool, which very very few people will do, it'll give you an overestimation based on a car which is in better condition than yours actually is.

My experience was the guy inspecting the car and pointing out about half a dozen noteworthy chips and scratches which I was oblivious to, but couldn't argue with. Revised down the offer below what I was willing to accept, but he was prepared to negotiate and then seek approval from a manager to offer about £600 above what the valuation tool spat out. I ended up with a price above what I would get in part-ex, but below what the car might have sold privately for if I was prepared to go through all the hassle. Which I wasn't.

I'd say as long as you have an idea what you'll get for the car part-ex, what it would sell for privately and then approach wbac with realistic expectations, you'll do fine. At the end of the day any offer above the part-ex is profit. I'd also be careful with "market rates" as any car is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it and no doubt covid has had a significant impact.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

WeBuyanyCar.com on 16:11 - Aug 17 with 2880 viewsKungfuBlue

WeBuyanyCar.com on 15:53 - Aug 17 by SouperJim

I sold a 5 year old Mazda 6 to them for a good price last year, their prices have improved considerably compared to a few years ago. The main issue people have is unless you go over your car with a fine tooth comb and accurately put any paintwork issues etc into the online valuation tool, which very very few people will do, it'll give you an overestimation based on a car which is in better condition than yours actually is.

My experience was the guy inspecting the car and pointing out about half a dozen noteworthy chips and scratches which I was oblivious to, but couldn't argue with. Revised down the offer below what I was willing to accept, but he was prepared to negotiate and then seek approval from a manager to offer about £600 above what the valuation tool spat out. I ended up with a price above what I would get in part-ex, but below what the car might have sold privately for if I was prepared to go through all the hassle. Which I wasn't.

I'd say as long as you have an idea what you'll get for the car part-ex, what it would sell for privately and then approach wbac with realistic expectations, you'll do fine. At the end of the day any offer above the part-ex is profit. I'd also be careful with "market rates" as any car is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it and no doubt covid has had a significant impact.

cheers all, good input. So the basic gist is I'm likely not going to get the actual quoted figure unless car is showroom quality (which it is not.) This really helps as the delta between part ex price and WBAC was sizeable (around £1,000) but with reductions from them, the admin fee and the hassle of then having a period with no car whilst we wait for new one (cant offer till I know what money I have) probably makes the part ex slightly more palatable
WeBuyanyCar.com on 16:38 - Aug 17 with 2819 viewsdickie

WeBuyanyCar.com on 16:11 - Aug 17 by KungfuBlue

cheers all, good input. So the basic gist is I'm likely not going to get the actual quoted figure unless car is showroom quality (which it is not.) This really helps as the delta between part ex price and WBAC was sizeable (around £1,000) but with reductions from them, the admin fee and the hassle of then having a period with no car whilst we wait for new one (cant offer till I know what money I have) probably makes the part ex slightly more palatable

Do you need the money to buy the new car? If not I'd just sell privately and honestly explaining all faults and work you've had done etc. You'll get more money for it that's for sure and if you're selling it honestly you won't have any worries or real stress over it. List it on Facebook marketplace - I've sold three cars on there really quickly with no issues. If you price it low but above the price offered by the dealership then you can't really lose.
Login to get fewer ads

WeBuyanyCar.com on 16:51 - Aug 17 with 2782 viewsSouperJim

WeBuyanyCar.com on 16:11 - Aug 17 by KungfuBlue

You have it about right. For the half hour it takes, it's worth tipping up and seeing what they will actually offer you, particularly if you consider you can hire a car for around £150/week. Even if all you do with the actual quote is then use it is a bargaining tool to get a better part ex price...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

WeBuyanyCar.com on 17:04 - Aug 17 with 2749 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The only useful thing I can offer is to warn against selling on Autotrader.

I got a lot of sales calls from people offering to advertise my car elsewhere.

Really annoying experience.
WeBuyanyCar.com on 17:34 - Aug 17 with 2707 viewsArgyle_blue

So i got rid of my old car through them in Cambridge. Didn’t really have the time to sell it privately and only worth a few hundred pounds. I could probably have got £100 more selling privately but wasn’t worth the time. They tried to knock me down from original offer. I walked away. Went back in and they upped it so it’s all negotiable. They were pretty fair and it was an easy process.
WeBuyanyCar.com on 17:39 - Aug 17 with 2687 viewsVaughan8

I used one near me and it was fine.

I declared all the scratches, the fact it had an engine warning light etc and it was fine. Maybe because it was only worth £900 they didn't care too much I dont know.

I've read things about dropping the price whwn you're there, but that is usually because there are things you haven't declared
WeBuyanyCar.com on 18:07 - Aug 17 with 2631 viewsShawsey

OK if you are in a rush and need the money, but wouldn't recommend them. Mate of mine had a bad experience with them. If they have offered a good price, then that offer is valid for 30 days from memory. If you just want rid, take it. If you want more, find a garage or private buyer who will offer more.
WeBuyanyCar.com on 18:10 - Aug 17 with 2621 viewsShawsey

WeBuyanyCar.com on 13:28 - Aug 17 by Ftnfwest

The price they give is to lure you in. The one time i tried it 3 or 4 years ago, with a car which barely had a scratch on it (5-6 years old) and was low mileage, they came to inspect and knocked about 30% off the original figure they came up with. The guy was very good/knowledgeable who came round but he kept having to transmit offer/counteroffer to his head office and i walked away from it in the end.

That is what happened to my mate. He told them to do one as well. It was a few years ago, so they might have changed, but I doubt it.
WeBuyanyCar.com on 13:43 - Aug 19 with 2335 viewsKungfuBlue

WeBuyanyCar.com on 18:10 - Aug 17 by Shawsey

That is what happened to my mate. He told them to do one as well. It was a few years ago, so they might have changed, but I doubt it.

I asked for feedback so felt I should give mine.

Following a little consideration I decided to try WBAC, I figured I had nothing to lose. I knew the value the dealership had offered as part ex so I could fall back on that if needed.

I didnt get the full valuation they quoted but they only came down 5% from it which meant I got just short of a grand more than the part ex value.
I didnt feel like I had been ripped off and the money was in my bank within 5 minutes of leaving the place. Whole deal done including inspection within 45 minutes.

Really easy. Pretty impressed to be honest. Could I have got more had I sold private, yep but that is fraught with its own issues and hassles.

In a strange twist of fate I then went to the dealership to buy the new car and couldnt agree a price so have walked away. Slight issue now, the missus is without a car but I have money in bank and choices so could be worse.
WeBuyanyCar.com on 13:45 - Aug 19 with 2327 viewsLibero

WeBuyanyCar.com on 13:43 - Aug 19 by KungfuBlue

I asked for feedback so felt I should give mine.

Following a little consideration I decided to try WBAC, I figured I had nothing to lose. I knew the value the dealership had offered as part ex so I could fall back on that if needed.

I didnt get the full valuation they quoted but they only came down 5% from it which meant I got just short of a grand more than the part ex value.
I didnt feel like I had been ripped off and the money was in my bank within 5 minutes of leaving the place. Whole deal done including inspection within 45 minutes.

Really easy. Pretty impressed to be honest. Could I have got more had I sold private, yep but that is fraught with its own issues and hassles.

In a strange twist of fate I then went to the dealership to buy the new car and couldnt agree a price so have walked away. Slight issue now, the missus is without a car but I have money in bank and choices so could be worse.

Sack off the missus, keep the cash, have a nice socially distanced weekend away somewhere pretty in the UK.

You're welcome.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 13:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024