Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Johnson anyone? 15:35 - Sep 1 with 14424 viewsitfcjoe

Local connection to the area, knows all about the club, plays decent football

Improved Bristol City year on year, with some big recruitment, but also selling players for big fees, but just couldn't give them that last push

I think he'll be a good manager wherever he ends up next, would be quite happy with him here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 12:43 - Sep 2 with 897 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Lee Johnson anyone? on 19:26 - Sep 1 by PhilTWTD

Could happen even sooner than might previously have been expected.

Apart from Hurst, where we had the stupidly long process, the one thing Evans does well is line up a replacement. Would not entirely surprise me to see a new manager in for the Arsenal U21s game, if relationships between players and Shambert have fallen away as seems to be rumoured.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 12:47 - Sep 2 with 846 viewsketton_itfc

Lee Johnson anyone? on 12:30 - Sep 2 by Bluefish

Severance negotiations on going i would assume

Quick let’s have a whip round! Get rid the sooner the better....
Lee Johnson anyone? on 12:48 - Sep 2 with 845 viewsSwailsey

Oh my.

Imagine if it happened today? God I would be so bloody happy. Even ignoring the fact it's dangerously too close to the start of the season.

My my. I'd love it.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Lee Johnson anyone? on 12:52 - Sep 2 with 822 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lee Johnson anyone? on 22:59 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

He’s seemingly chucked the towel in, he spoke to the players twice during lockdown on conference calls organised by the physio - without them it sounds like he wouldn’t have bothered.

PR Paul has barely spoken to the media, unless he is on Bundesliga coverage or talking about that, according to Stu Watson who has been trying to get some pieces arranged he already has ‘media fatigue’ and will be doing the bare minimum. It’s an element of the job he dislikes. He doesn’t have relationships with the players, everything is done through his assistants - another element of the job he presumably doesn’t like.

It makes you wonder what he does like about it? Compare him to the chipper bloke who came in and got the fan base and club energised, Mr Positive.....everything is like getting blood out of a stone, everything is talked down

Thanks Joe. Interesting to get a little bit of extra info. The grapevine struggles to grow this far west!

I get the impression he's not that invested, but it's easy to get hunches like that wrong. If that's the case about him not engaging through lockdown that's a pretty poor show. I know we were looking to furlough, but that's still a big chunk of time when they could have been discussing things or just building morale even if they couldn't get on the training pitch (and I assume they could have also got on the pitch towards the end when once the other leagues resumed, had they wanted to).

I had noticed he's been absent in media interviews after friendlies. Especially when we don't do well.

Hmm, interesting...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 12:55 - Sep 2 with 804 viewshector_clifford

Lee Johnson anyone? on 12:52 - Sep 2 by Swansea_Blue

Thanks Joe. Interesting to get a little bit of extra info. The grapevine struggles to grow this far west!

I get the impression he's not that invested, but it's easy to get hunches like that wrong. If that's the case about him not engaging through lockdown that's a pretty poor show. I know we were looking to furlough, but that's still a big chunk of time when they could have been discussing things or just building morale even if they couldn't get on the training pitch (and I assume they could have also got on the pitch towards the end when once the other leagues resumed, had they wanted to).

I had noticed he's been absent in media interviews after friendlies. Especially when we don't do well.

Hmm, interesting...

He did the post match at Tottenham.
They are surroundings more to match his ego and illustrious career!

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:16 - Sep 2 with 582 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:34 - Sep 2 with 529 viewsArnieM

Lee Johnson anyone? on 12:43 - Sep 2 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Apart from Hurst, where we had the stupidly long process, the one thing Evans does well is line up a replacement. Would not entirely surprise me to see a new manager in for the Arsenal U21s game, if relationships between players and Shambert have fallen away as seems to be rumoured.

does all seem very odd that PL is on apparent radio/ media silence with his side kick doing ALL the talking, and no sure how true this impasse between the players and PL is, but if its got to that stage id say his days are most certainly numbered.

Wasn't it Chambers (supposedly a crap club captain!) who went to speak to Evans when Hurst was being a complete tit at the Club? Evans came down to the Club for a week gathering "information" from various staff and not long after Hurst gets the boot.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024