Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Johnson anyone? 15:35 - Sep 1 with 14313 viewsitfcjoe

Local connection to the area, knows all about the club, plays decent football

Improved Bristol City year on year, with some big recruitment, but also selling players for big fees, but just couldn't give them that last push

I think he'll be a good manager wherever he ends up next, would be quite happy with him here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:00 - Sep 1 with 1342 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'll give you a £50 bet to charity - if we got him you'd be moaning about him one year later.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:00 - Sep 1 with 1339 viewsCoco

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:54 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

Looking at out of work managers, you'd imagine if anything were to happen it would be someone from the following list:

Paul Cook
Danny Cowley
Lee Johnson
Simon Grayson
Nigel Clough

Not a bad list of potential candidates.

Allegedly Evans is the one driving the managers to play 433 and attacking football, so any new appointment will need to be able to do that.

From what I've seen of Cook they mix it up but are comfortable on the ball, Johnson is a bit more pure whilst Cowleys are the other way

That's a horrendous list.

Paul Cook the best of a mediocre choice.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:00 - Sep 1 with 1335 viewsJ2BLUE

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:57 - Sep 1 by JakeITFC

Fans expectations on here aside, Lambert surely isn't anywhere near the door in reality is he?

Why don't we just tell him he's been inducted into the Dortmund hall of fame, send him to the ceremony and when he gets to Dortmund tell him it's a one way ticket?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:01 - Sep 1 with 1339 viewsitfcjoe

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:57 - Sep 1 by textbackup

you don't think he'd go down the Dyer route?

I have no idea if it would be a good move or not. but just seems it would be the final throw of the dice, then if/when it goes tits up he locks the gates of PR.

I don't think so, think it's more likely Chambers and Skuse would pick up the role mid season than KD getting that chance

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:01 - Sep 1 with 1337 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:57 - Sep 1 by JakeITFC

Fans expectations on here aside, Lambert surely isn't anywhere near the door in reality is he?

I suspect not, a lot of whispers and murmurs, nothing concrete at all though.

Cant see him going anywhere, 4 days before the competitive season begins.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:01 - Sep 1 with 1335 viewsSWGF

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:59 - Sep 1 by textbackup

I mean it sounds a proper sht storm down there, but is he likely to get the boot now, a week before season, whilst in a 4.5 year contract...... I highly doubt it

That's how I see it. It'll be October/November, like it was with Hurst, and then another cycle of a year or two as the new manager changes things.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:01 - Sep 1 with 1333 viewshype313

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:48 - Sep 1 by ITFCBlues

Would go against everything ME has said he wants to build towards

But what if would be successful, everything has done since hasn't been...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:01 - Sep 1 with 1333 viewsitfcjoe

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:54 - Sep 1 by ITFC_Forever

Darren Eadie is currently Head of Football at St Jo's in Ipswich....

He's Leiston manager now

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:02 - Sep 1 with 1340 viewsitfcjoe

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:53 - Sep 1 by PhilTWTD

Seems a nice bloke from what I've seen of him at press conferences over the years and think he did a decent job at Bristol City. Skusey would get his vice-captaincy back you'd guess as they're very good mates.

If Evans is trying to push a better style of play, he seems one who would be in the frame and from what I hear would be interested - think he could end up getting a Championship job soon, similar to Cook

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:04 - Sep 1 with 1339 viewsPhilTWTD

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:02 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

If Evans is trying to push a better style of play, he seems one who would be in the frame and from what I hear would be interested - think he could end up getting a Championship job soon, similar to Cook

Agree on both fronts. Someone said precisely that to me the other day re Cook, Town should go get him now because he'll probably get a Championship job as soon as we get into the 10-games-in sacking season.
Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:05 - Sep 1 with 1313 viewstextbackup

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:01 - Sep 1 by SWGF

That's how I see it. It'll be October/November, like it was with Hurst, and then another cycle of a year or two as the new manager changes things.

that's just made my knob turn inwards

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:07 - Sep 1 with 1295 viewstextbackup

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:01 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

I don't think so, think it's more likely Chambers and Skuse would pick up the role mid season than KD getting that chance

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:08 - Sep 1 with 1290 viewshype313

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:01 - Sep 1 by SWGF

It would be the most bizarre time to get rid of the manager right now, but what's the point in keeping him if the morale is allegedly that low and we are just waiting for the inevitable poor start to sack him.

It would be a bold move to get rid a few days out, but sounds like it couldn't be any worse than the current status quo.

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:09 - Sep 1 with 1294 viewsclive_baker

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:04 - Sep 1 by PhilTWTD

Agree on both fronts. Someone said precisely that to me the other day re Cook, Town should go get him now because he'll probably get a Championship job as soon as we get into the 10-games-in sacking season.

Almost certainly. I would imagine if we want Cook, it'll be a case of snooze you lose. I'm sure ME will want his ducks in a row before he pulls the trigger, but I do feel like the next 7 or 8 weeks are huge for Lambert. 7 weeks on Saturday we play Lincoln (A). We'll be 8 games in by then and I think there's a decent chance Cook won't still be on the market.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:13 - Sep 1 with 1262 viewstextbackup

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:08 - Sep 1 by hype313

It would be the most bizarre time to get rid of the manager right now, but what's the point in keeping him if the morale is allegedly that low and we are just waiting for the inevitable poor start to sack him.

It would be a bold move to get rid a few days out, but sounds like it couldn't be any worse than the current status quo.

bold = correct

we are always so slow and reacting, instead its a slow and painful death

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:17 - Sep 1 with 1235 viewsBluefish

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:53 - Sep 1 by PhilTWTD

Seems a nice bloke from what I've seen of him at press conferences over the years and think he did a decent job at Bristol City. Skusey would get his vice-captaincy back you'd guess as they're very good mates.

Another good reason to give him the job then

Fors

Suffolk boy
He isn't called Paul
Clearly more competent than Shambert
Loves Skusey

Against

Seems a bit of a bell

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:19 - Sep 1 with 1221 viewstextbackup

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:17 - Sep 1 by Bluefish

Another good reason to give him the job then

Fors

Suffolk boy
He isn't called Paul
Clearly more competent than Shambert
Loves Skusey

Against

Seems a bit of a bell

you've looked in the mirror and written what you see, haven't you.....

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:19 - Sep 1 with 1222 viewsSteve_M

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:08 - Sep 1 by hype313

The thing is at six months since our last match it would mean Evans accepting - to himself first - that the contract extension was a massive error. I'm not sure if he's ready to do that yet.

Whereas we can all see what happened with Keane in Autumn 2010, Jewell in 2012 and Hurst in 2018 playing out can he?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:20 - Sep 1 with 1220 views66notout

Change is inevitable but we have sunk so low, in my view, that Lee Johnson would probably turn down any approach and, I think, could expect to receive more attractive offers.
Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:20 - Sep 1 with 1219 viewsIpswichKnight

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:54 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

Looking at out of work managers, you'd imagine if anything were to happen it would be someone from the following list:

Paul Cook
Danny Cowley
Lee Johnson
Simon Grayson
Nigel Clough

Not a bad list of potential candidates.

Allegedly Evans is the one driving the managers to play 433 and attacking football, so any new appointment will need to be able to do that.

From what I've seen of Cook they mix it up but are comfortable on the ball, Johnson is a bit more pure whilst Cowleys are the other way

I think it does depend on what players they have in how the Cowleys play, they played proper neat football when at Concord in the non-league but we all saw that horrible Lincoln side as well!
Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:21 - Sep 1 with 1219 viewsitfcjoe

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:09 - Sep 1 by clive_baker

Almost certainly. I would imagine if we want Cook, it'll be a case of snooze you lose. I'm sure ME will want his ducks in a row before he pulls the trigger, but I do feel like the next 7 or 8 weeks are huge for Lambert. 7 weeks on Saturday we play Lincoln (A). We'll be 8 games in by then and I think there's a decent chance Cook won't still be on the market.

With it being such a strange season with regards to scheduling you can't risk waiting for 'sacking season' because who know when it will be this season.

But Hurst was a dead man walking for weeks, even though he only had 15 games we just don't pull the trigger quickly even when decision has been made.

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:22 - Sep 1 with 1211 viewsRegencyBlue

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:59 - Sep 1 by textbackup

I mean it sounds a proper sht storm down there, but is he likely to get the boot now, a week before season, whilst in a 4.5 year contract...... I highly doubt it

Unlikely I would have thought.

Whatever the truth of what is happening inside the club at the moment if Evans sacks him in the immediate future he rather proves to the whole of football he really is the complete idiot most Town fans thought him to be when he dished out the five year deal in the first place!

Having said that, if we have a completely disastrous start Evans may have no choice but to act. My guess is we will know by December.
Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:25 - Sep 1 with 1192 viewshype313

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:19 - Sep 1 by Steve_M

The thing is at six months since our last match it would mean Evans accepting - to himself first - that the contract extension was a massive error. I'm not sure if he's ready to do that yet.

Whereas we can all see what happened with Keane in Autumn 2010, Jewell in 2012 and Hurst in 2018 playing out can he?

As I say, it would be an incredibly bold move, one I agree with you I can't see him doing to save face more than anything.

It all depends on the toxicity of the place, if we're led to believe from some on here, and I don't doubt their sources, that things are really that bad, then I really can't see he has any choice given his investment.

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:26 - Sep 1 with 1190 viewsRegencyBlue

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:02 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

In which case why would he want to come here?

This job is a poisoned chalice whilst Evans is the owner and I really cannot see people clamouring for the managers job!
Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:30 - Sep 1 with 1164 viewsitfcjoe

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:26 - Sep 1 by RegencyBlue

In which case why would he want to come here?

This job is a poisoned chalice whilst Evans is the owner and I really cannot see people clamouring for the managers job!

A bird in the hand, and all that

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024