Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) 08:36 - Oct 9 with 2070 viewsWeekender

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 08:41 - Oct 9 with 2047 viewsHerbivore

If not for the Downes injury that wouldn't be a huge blow, it with Downes being out for 2-3 months it's more of a problem. We don't really have anyone who can help us win the midfield battle now when things are turning against us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 08:43 - Oct 9 with 2038 viewsuefacup81

I can't get my head around this. The optics certainly aren't good.

The strange thing is the absolute lack of comment from the club, either admitting that there's an issue to be investigated, or saying that they've investigated all possible avenues but cannot see how it's anything other than terrible bad luck.

To keep, essentially, silent on the matter makes no sense.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 08:52 - Oct 9 with 1992 viewsITFCBlues

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 08:43 - Oct 9 by uefacup81

The strange thing is the absolute lack of comment from the club, either admitting that there's an issue to be investigated, or saying that they've investigated all possible avenues but cannot see how it's anything other than terrible bad luck.

What strikes me is that he's been injured for the last 6 weeks and only now do we realise that an op is required.

It's just utterly pathetic now

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 08:58 - Oct 9 with 1971 viewsjayessess

What an absolutely brilliant decision to renew the contract of a 34-year-old fringe player in an area of the pitch where we have 1000 players. Well done everyone.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 8:59]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:05 - Oct 9 with 1916 viewsWallingford_Boy

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 08:58 - Oct 9 by jayessess

What an absolutely brilliant decision to renew the contract of a 34-year-old fringe player in an area of the pitch where we have 1000 players. Well done everyone.

Quite a difference from the comment a few days ago....

“He‘s going in for a little bit of a flush out in his knee on Monday, I think that’s going to happen,” Lambert said. “It’s a little clean-up on his knee but I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.”

The Blues boss says he expects the veteran midfielder to be out for three or four weeks.

RIP Sir Bobby

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:08 - Oct 9 with 1896 viewstractordownsouth

Is Nydam close to being back fit? Could be a chance for him if so.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:27 - Oct 9 with 1837 viewsGuthrum

You mean an experienced senior player and Vice-Captain being given a new contract explicitly with a view to developing his coaching and/or other roles within the club?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:27 - Oct 9 with 1827 viewsbraveblue

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 08:41 - Oct 9 by Herbivore

If not for the Downes injury that wouldn't be a huge blow, it with Downes being out for 2-3 months it's more of a problem. We don't really have anyone who can help us win the midfield battle now when things are turning against us.

When did Skuse win a midfield battle? We are doing fine without him b
Login to get fewer ads

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:29 - Oct 9 with 1817 viewshype313

He hasn't been a fringe player though has he? He's been the mainstay of the midfield for the past 6-7 years, yet people were saying he was the root of all our woes along with Chambers, yet when he gets injured he's suddenly a 34yr old has been.

Some clowns around.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:35 - Oct 9 with 1781 viewsjayessess

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:29 - Oct 9 by hype313

He hasn't been a fringe player though has he? He's been the mainstay of the midfield for the past 6-7 years, yet people were saying he was the root of all our woes along with Chambers, yet when he gets injured he's suddenly a 34yr old has been.

Some clowns around.

I don't think he's the root of all our woes. I think it was silly to hand out a contract from our limited budget to a 34 year old who was unlikely to be first choice this season.

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:42 - Oct 9 with 1756 viewshype313

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:35 - Oct 9 by jayessess

I don't think he's the root of all our woes. I think it was silly to hand out a contract from our limited budget to a 34 year old who was unlikely to be first choice this season.

He took a paycut, he adds huge experience, he has played 35-40 games for the past 7 seasons and he can help the youngsters, complete no brainer.

Yet, he gets one injury and now people are wetting the bed.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:54 - Oct 9 with 1719 viewsclive_baker

I don't think it's a huge issue at the moment, but we are putting a lot of faith in Bishop and Huws staying fit, who haven't proven they can do that for some time. Dozzell and Nolan really look like they have to be the mainstays in there, which isn't a problem for me as I rate them both. The quicker we can get Downes back the less we need Skuse.

We can also bring El Miz back in Jan, so he might be useful for the 2nd half of the season if he comes back brimming and match fit.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:57 - Oct 9 with 1713 viewsAce_High1

Might as well retire and move into coaching.
So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 10:00 - Oct 9 with 1706 viewsHerbivore

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:27 - Oct 9 by braveblue

When did Skuse win a midfield battle? We are doing fine without him b

Frequently, he is very good at helping us to win control of the midfield. We've had a very easy start but even on Saturday we were losing the midfield battle for most of the game and could have done with either Skuse or Downes in there. The better sides won't let our three footballing midfielders just knock it around, they'll get amongst them and stop us playing. MK Dons managed it and they're not very good.

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 10:02 - Oct 9 with 1701 viewsHerbivore

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:54 - Oct 9 by clive_baker

I don't think it's a huge issue at the moment, but we are putting a lot of faith in Bishop and Huws staying fit, who haven't proven they can do that for some time. Dozzell and Nolan really look like they have to be the mainstays in there, which isn't a problem for me as I rate them both. The quicker we can get Downes back the less we need Skuse.

We can also bring El Miz back in Jan, so he might be useful for the 2nd half of the season if he comes back brimming and match fit.

Could be a chance for McGavin too perhaps as he's more of a DM.

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 10:03 - Oct 9 with 1694 viewsSomethingBlue

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:05 - Oct 9 by Wallingford_Boy

Quite a difference from the comment a few days ago....

“He‘s going in for a little bit of a flush out in his knee on Monday, I think that’s going to happen,” Lambert said. “It’s a little clean-up on his knee but I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.”

The Blues boss says he expects the veteran midfielder to be out for three or four weeks.

It's incredible, isn't it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 10:09 - Oct 9 with 1683 viewsclive_baker

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 10:02 - Oct 9 by Herbivore

Could be a chance for McGavin too perhaps as he's more of a DM.

He's probably the more like for like, but ironically and frustratingly perhaps the furthest away from being ready. Dozzell emerging in that deep lying role is a real blessing at the moment. We need legs either side of him and currently Nolan and Bishop are perfect for it, so long may that continue. We know Downes is too when he's back. Fingers crossed we can keep Nolan and Bishop fit as I don't see anyone else who can do that role. Huws arguably, at a push, but he looked pedestrian last season.

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 10:21 - Oct 9 with 1655 viewsHerbivore

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 10:09 - Oct 9 by clive_baker

He's probably the more like for like, but ironically and frustratingly perhaps the furthest away from being ready. Dozzell emerging in that deep lying role is a real blessing at the moment. We need legs either side of him and currently Nolan and Bishop are perfect for it, so long may that continue. We know Downes is too when he's back. Fingers crossed we can keep Nolan and Bishop fit as I don't see anyone else who can do that role. Huws arguably, at a push, but he looked pedestrian last season.

I wouldn't have an issue with Huws sitting in alongside Dozzer with Nolan or Bishop just in front of them for games where we need a bit more physical presence in there. Huws still has ability but not sure he has the legs to be the box to box player he was on loan, sadly. In fairness we've seen virtually nothing of him so far this season so he might well be a good option.

There will be games we need someone with a bit more presence and bite in there. Our current trio are pretty lightweight and just got played off the park by MK Dons. They're good footballers but that alone isn't enough.

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 10:28 - Oct 9 with 1633 viewsPJH

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 10:21 - Oct 9 by Herbivore

I wouldn't have an issue with Huws sitting in alongside Dozzer with Nolan or Bishop just in front of them for games where we need a bit more physical presence in there. Huws still has ability but not sure he has the legs to be the box to box player he was on loan, sadly. In fairness we've seen virtually nothing of him so far this season so he might well be a good option.

There will be games we need someone with a bit more presence and bite in there. Our current trio are pretty lightweight and just got played off the park by MK Dons. They're good footballers but that alone isn't enough.

None of the three of Dozza, Bish and Nolan can tackle well if at all.

They are ok with the ball but the problem is them getting the ball.

We certainly lost the midfield 'battle' last week and there will no doubt be other games where those three get dominated physically.
So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 10:34 - Oct 9 with 1621 viewsBlueBadger

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 08:43 - Oct 9 by uefacup81

I'm starting to think that our owner may have been cutting corners with fitness, injury treatment, recovery and rehab processes. And it seems so out of character given how much he's lavished on other aspects of the club.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 10:44 - Oct 9 with 1608 viewsclive_baker

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 10:21 - Oct 9 by Herbivore

They're certainly lightweight. I thought Dozzell, Downes + 1 of Bishop & Nolan had the right amount of balance in there, but not having Downes really loses that bite as you say. My only nervousness with Huws and Dozzell is it leaves a lot of donkey work for Nolan.

I'm remaining open minded on Huws, its mad 'on paper' that we're not overly comfortable with him as an option given the player we've seen previously, but who knows if he'll ever get back there given his injuries. The layoff might've been a real leveller for players like him though to properly find some level of fitness as we've hopefully seen with Bishop, so I wouldn't be against him getting a chance.

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 12:14 - Oct 9 with 1564 viewsjayessess

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 09:42 - Oct 9 by hype313

He took a paycut, he adds huge experience, he has played 35-40 games for the past 7 seasons and he can help the youngsters, complete no brainer.

Yet, he gets one injury and now people are wetting the bed.

It's only a no-brainer because we hand out contract extensions like participation trophies. He started 4 times in our last 15 games, was clearly dropping out of the first team picture as his career wound down and a more driven, more ruthless club would've said "thanks, Cole, but we'll be using that money for something else".
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 12:18]

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 13:10 - Oct 9 with 1517 viewsGeoffSentence

Three to four months

Which in Town terms means six to eight.

That's him done.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 13:11 - Oct 9 with 1516 viewsHerbivore

So Skuse out for 3 months (n/t) on 10:44 - Oct 9 by clive_baker

They're certainly lightweight. I thought Dozzell, Downes + 1 of Bishop & Nolan had the right amount of balance in there, but not having Downes really loses that bite as you say. My only nervousness with Huws and Dozzell is it leaves a lot of donkey work for Nolan.

I'm remaining open minded on Huws, its mad 'on paper' that we're not overly comfortable with him as an option given the player we've seen previously, but who knows if he'll ever get back there given his injuries. The layoff might've been a real leveller for players like him though to properly find some level of fitness as we've hopefully seen with Bishop, so I wouldn't be against him getting a chance.

He had a few good performances back in January. Thought he played well at Wycombe and Oxford, and the home game against Accrington. I think we overplayed him though once Lambingo abruptly stopped and he got a knock at Rotherham, which looked a game too many for him before the knock, and he never got it back after that. I do still think there's a player there, albeit it might be a slightly different player to the dynamic, goalscoring midfielder we saw on loan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024