Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Depressing 10:57 - Oct 10 with 13088 viewsDarth_Koont

If you can’t get yourself ahead of the Tories on current showing then something’s not right, is it?

Pronouns: He/Him

Depressing on 17:03 - Oct 10 with 2884 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Depressing on 11:47 - Oct 10 by ArnoldMoorhen

You support a party which illegally shut down Parliament and has made many attempts, some successful, to rule by ministerial fiat, including current attempts to pass an Enabling Act which will exempt Government legislation from Judicial scrutiny.

They illegally shut down Parliament, and you still voted for them a few weeks later.

Don't lecture us about closing down debate.

I think I made that point in a reasoned and non-abusive manner, and I would love you to address it similarly, which you have failed to do so far.
Depressing on 17:07 - Oct 10 with 2880 viewsFather_Jack

Depressing on 11:02 - Oct 10 by hampstead_blue

It may show that you and your friends are wrong.
Have you ever thought that may be the case?

There does seem to be a disproportionate number of anti government posts here. Compared to the election I mean.

or

Those who shout loud and with barbs and assumptions stop debate?

Now there is a thought.

Where are all the voices of the people who voted for Brexit and the Tories? The majority I mean.
They can't all be embarrassed and silent. Maybe you and your little angry mob are dissuading them from posting their views.

Just a thought.

Am off to town so won't be able to see the torrents of abuse and assumption but will check back after lunch.

It wasn't a majority that wanted Brexit, just a majority of those that voted. Also current polling suggests that a majority of those polled think it's a bad idea.

Less is more.

Depressing on 17:08 - Oct 10 with 2880 viewsjaseitfc2015

Depressing on 12:05 - Oct 10 by noggin

There will be no reaction until the reality of brexit dawn on those who ignorantly voted for it through the GE.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 12:05]

Lazy thinking

Covid will likely cut through if anything does, brexit will not have anywhere near the direct impact that covid has had , whether its losing family members because of their terrible handling of it , or economic. Brexit if anything will help the tories at the next election as a means to deflect from covid. Id be very surprised if their polling holds up as we go further into the covid era

That all said labour & lib dems need to step it up, an effective opposition would be 20 points clear now.
Depressing on 17:10 - Oct 10 with 2876 viewsgazzer1999

Depressing on 14:40 - Oct 10 by SpruceMoose

An incredible post in so many different ways.

You took your time you just woken up state side?, still beat that badger though. I bet I have woken him up though, just a matter of time before he rants at me.
Depressing on 17:10 - Oct 10 with 2868 viewsSpruceMoose

Depressing on 17:10 - Oct 10 by gazzer1999

You took your time you just woken up state side?, still beat that badger though. I bet I have woken him up though, just a matter of time before he rants at me.

Can someone translate this? I don't speak cretin.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Depressing on 17:16 - Oct 10 with 2851 viewsgazzer1999

Depressing on 17:10 - Oct 10 by SpruceMoose

Can someone translate this? I don't speak cretin.

Sorry sprucie, I guess you don’t, but there may be some that think you speak💩. Not me though I get very amused at the time you have for this forum, judging by how much you post.
As a side note are you any good at face to face talk?, perhaps we could all have a zoom meeting, could be quite amusing.
Depressing on 17:17 - Oct 10 with 2843 viewsjeera

Depressing on 17:16 - Oct 10 by gazzer1999

Sorry sprucie, I guess you don’t, but there may be some that think you speak💩. Not me though I get very amused at the time you have for this forum, judging by how much you post.
As a side note are you any good at face to face talk?, perhaps we could all have a zoom meeting, could be quite amusing.

What is the point of this post?

You haven't been involved in the thread and are only interested in being a dick.

Any interest in the game that just took place?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Depressing on 17:18 - Oct 10 with 2839 viewsSpruceMoose

Depressing on 17:16 - Oct 10 by gazzer1999

Yeah I'm sorry I can't understand what you're saying. Maybe someone else can help.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Depressing on 17:20 - Oct 10 with 2834 viewsgazzer1999

Depressing on 17:17 - Oct 10 by jeera

What is the point of this post?

You haven't been involved in the thread and are only interested in being a dick.

Any interest in the game that just took place?

Sorry I thought we were on the general forum not the footie one. I guess I better go then seeing as I only speak cretin.
Depressing on 17:22 - Oct 10 with 2822 viewsSpruceMoose

Depressing on 17:20 - Oct 10 by gazzer1999

Sorry I thought we were on the general forum not the footie one. I guess I better go then seeing as I only speak cretin.

Lo siento. Habla no cretino.

Depressing on 17:25 - Oct 10 with 2813 viewsgazzer1999

Depressing on 17:22 - Oct 10 by SpruceMoose

That’s not nice is it?
Depressing on 17:27 - Oct 10 with 2803 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Hampstead:

Anyway, by my reckoning that makes Pro-Government 41% Anti-Government 59%.

So if you consider a system which is rigged so that a party which only enjoys the support of 2 in every 5 voters (even whilst it's supporters control the press) and yet consistently is awarded a large Parliamentary majority to be democratic, then you clearly have no interest in issues like justice, enfranchisement or truth and only care about your side winning.

Even if your side winning means the current shower in charge.

The table is utterly stacked towards the Tories. Loaded dice, marked cards.

It's not fair, true or right. It is what it is. We live in a partial democracy, and Boris wants to use his current advantage to over-turn the few remaining checks and balances on his power.

Now, be honest, does that bother you at all? Do you care about democracy? About every vote counting? About young people growing up and believing that they have a stake in society and can make a difference? Or do you really only care about your side winning?

For the record: Starmer has disappointed me over the last six months, but not as much as Corbyn did. His failure to defeat the terminally unrelatable Theresa May, either in PMQs or on Election Day, was surpassed only by his arrogance in not then stepping down so that somebody better equipped could do the job, as Milliband had done.

I've moved to Scotland. I'm betting on a mid to long-term future of Scottish Independence and (re)joining the EU. At least the Scottish Parliament has Proportional Representation.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 17:28]
Depressing on 17:28 - Oct 10 with 2799 viewsHerbivore

Depressing on 14:30 - Oct 10 by hampstead_blue

I fear for you if you genuinely feel that JC nailed it.
JC is proven to be a vile sniveling little wretch. Stealing a salary from an institution he would burn down.

The majority of the press is left leaning. The BBC and C4 lead the way in left leaning bias.
They will happily promote anything which hints at disquiet. Any Labour MP who wants to blindly criticize gets a slot. Some of the recent BBC web copy has been embarrassing.

KS has had an easy run by the media because they are for him.

I know there are backbenchers who are prodding BJ, that's been the case since day 1.

"The majority of the press is left leaning" must be one of the most hopelessly inaccurate, bonkers statements in the history of TWTD.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Depressing on 17:49 - Oct 10 with 2769 viewsgazzer1999

Depressing on 17:22 - Oct 10 by SpruceMoose

hablas mierda?
Depressing on 17:54 - Oct 10 with 2758 viewsnoggin

Depressing on 17:28 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

"The majority of the press is left leaning" must be one of the most hopelessly inaccurate, bonkers statements in the history of TWTD.

Did he really say that?
He's on the div list.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Depressing on 17:55 - Oct 10 with 2752 viewsHerbivore

Depressing on 17:54 - Oct 10 by noggin

Did he really say that?
He's on the div list.

He said it. I think he might even believe it.

Depressing on 18:17 - Oct 10 with 2722 viewsnoggin

Depressing on 17:55 - Oct 10 by Herbivore

He said it. I think he might even believe it.

Depressing on 20:29 - Oct 10 with 2656 viewshampstead_blue

Depressing on 17:03 - Oct 10 by ArnoldMoorhen

I think I made that point in a reasoned and non-abusive manner, and I would love you to address it similarly, which you have failed to do so far.

Sorry for being busy.
Next time I will be more mindful to your time.

What do I think of your post? I think when you look at the way that the former speaker abused his position to frustrate the government then I think BJ flipped it back and said 'up yours we are going to get this done'.

I voted for the Government. What they do with the authority given is out of my hands until the next ge.

How the Gov get's it's business done is beyond my level of knowledge. We didn't cover the UK constitutional law at Hedingham Comp, nor have I studied it since.
~
You clearly have an argument against the way the Government is getting it's business done. I'll vote for the Tories at the next ge as there is no serious opposition.

I'm sorry if my reply isn't a deep political essay on the law.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Depressing on 20:32 - Oct 10 with 2657 viewstractordownsouth

Depressing on 20:29 - Oct 10 by hampstead_blue

Sorry for being busy.
Next time I will be more mindful to your time.

What do I think of your post? I think when you look at the way that the former speaker abused his position to frustrate the government then I think BJ flipped it back and said 'up yours we are going to get this done'.

I voted for the Government. What they do with the authority given is out of my hands until the next ge.

How the Gov get's it's business done is beyond my level of knowledge. We didn't cover the UK constitutional law at Hedingham Comp, nor have I studied it since.
~
You clearly have an argument against the way the Government is getting it's business done. I'll vote for the Tories at the next ge as there is no serious opposition.

I'm sorry if my reply isn't a deep political essay on the law.

So, long story short, you're fine with politicians breaking the law and subverting democracy as long as said politician is wearing a blue rosette?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Depressing on 20:56 - Oct 10 with 2636 viewsHerbivore

Depressing on 20:32 - Oct 10 by tractordownsouth

So, long story short, you're fine with politicians breaking the law and subverting democracy as long as said politician is wearing a blue rosette?

Basically this. At least he admits he's a morally bankrupt cheerleader at last.

Depressing on 21:08 - Oct 10 with 2624 viewsSwansea_Blue

Depressing on 16:52 - Oct 10 by The_Last_Baron

Behave yourself. Brexit was imperative.

Why?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Depressing on 21:09 - Oct 10 with 2620 viewsHerbivore

Depressing on 21:08 - Oct 10 by Swansea_Blue

Why?

BeCoZ wE wOn.

Depressing on 21:10 - Oct 10 with 2618 viewsnoggin

Why?

He'll disappear now.

Depressing on 21:42 - Oct 10 with 2595 viewsSpruceMoose

Depressing on 21:10 - Oct 10 by noggin

He'll disappear now.

We should be so lucky.

Depressing on 21:55 - Oct 10 with 2589 viewsjeera

Why?

They don't know why, it's just something to say.

This lot don't need to understand or have valid reasons.

If they lived in the States they'd be wearing MAGA hats.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024