Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Free School Meals debate 18:53 - Oct 21 with 20342 viewstractordownsouth

I've just seen the clips from Twitter as I don't have a licence to watch on Iplayer but bloody hell, these heartless individuals... They're all preaching personal responsibility, while voting for a policy that will ensure whether or not kids eat is determined by their parents income, which they have no control over.

First we have Brendan Clarke Smith accusing those wanting to feed kids of "virtue signalling." He's the same bloke who was caught denying the scale of food banks during his election hustings.

And Kieran Mullen, claiming that it's not the state's job to feed kids.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

This Free School Meals debate on 09:12 - Oct 22 with 1572 viewsNewcyBlue

This Free School Meals debate on 09:06 - Oct 22 by 26_Paz

With respect Newcy, I think you’re missing my point. I’m not saying we shouldn’t, I’m saying we already have.

Your point has been fragmented across a few points Pazzers. I’ve only just seen your UC Payment posts in reply to another poster.

I know UC Payments are increasing this month because they were ruled unlawful by the high court due to the form Severe Disability Premium not being included.

How significant are the corona UC payment increases?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

This Free School Meals debate on 09:16 - Oct 22 with 1566 viewsEwan_Oozami

This Free School Meals debate on 09:03 - Oct 22 by 26_Paz

As I said, you berk, universal credit payments have skyrocketed in line with that. You’ve just completely ignored the fact that I’ve said provision is made elsewhere. I’m not saying provision shouldn’t be made, I’m saying it shouldn’t be made twice.

I would question your use of the words "in line" - this implies that the additio UC payments are are sufficient to cover people's outgoings during the pandemic, is that your contention?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

This Free School Meals debate on 09:17 - Oct 22 with 1565 viewsNewcyBlue

This Free School Meals debate on 09:12 - Oct 22 by NewcyBlue

Your point has been fragmented across a few points Pazzers. I’ve only just seen your UC Payment posts in reply to another poster.

I know UC Payments are increasing this month because they were ruled unlawful by the high court due to the form Severe Disability Premium not being included.

Apologies you mentioned UC in a reply to somebody else above your reply to me.

This Free School Meals debate on 09:25 - Oct 22 with 1556 viewstextbackup

ill be honest, up until Rashfords tweet, I had no idea some families got meals during school holidays.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This Free School Meals debate on 09:27 - Oct 22 with 1537 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 09:12 - Oct 22 by NewcyBlue

I saw somewhere the other day that total universal credit payments had gone up massively, trying to find a link now but also trying to work lol. Will see if I can dig it out at some point

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 09:28 - Oct 22 with 1533 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 09:16 - Oct 22 by Ewan_Oozami

I would question your use of the words "in line" - this implies that the additio UC payments are are sufficient to cover people's outgoings during the pandemic, is that your contention?

I’m not sure there’s a direct correlation but it’s definitely gone up!

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 09:32 - Oct 22 with 1524 viewsNewcyBlue

This Free School Meals debate on 09:27 - Oct 22 by 26_Paz

I saw somewhere the other day that total universal credit payments had gone up massively, trying to find a link now but also trying to work lol. Will see if I can dig it out at some point

I can find a £20 per week corona boost that started around April for 12 months.

Whilst pondering that, remember the Eat Out to Help Out scheme?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/aug/31/rishi-sunak-urges-diners-suppor

It cost £485 million. How long for and many kids could we feed for that?

This Free School Meals debate on 09:36 - Oct 22 with 1511 viewstextbackup

This Free School Meals debate on 09:32 - Oct 22 by NewcyBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/aug/31/rishi-sunak-urges-diners-suppor

completely off topic, but has anyone else personally found themselves better off after having kids?

the amount I would spunk on beer over a weekend session, weekly/monthly was obscene..... since having kids im honestly better off!

Login to get fewer ads

This Free School Meals debate on 09:41 - Oct 22 with 1497 viewsNewcyBlue

This Free School Meals debate on 09:36 - Oct 22 by textbackup

completely off topic, but has anyone else personally found themselves better off after having kids?

the amount I would spunk on beer over a weekend session, weekly/monthly was obscene..... since having kids im honestly better off!

MrsN and I spoke about this last night.

Just having the twins cost us about £13000 for all the IVF.

We have been fortunate enough where I can go buy a car that will take all the car seats etc

We are worse off financially, but I wouldn’t change it for the world!

This Free School Meals debate on 09:45 - Oct 22 with 1487 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 09:32 - Oct 22 by NewcyBlue

How many people did that scheme keep in employment? How many business did it keep solvent?
All of that income tax / company tax is paying the universal credit that forms the provision I have described above ...

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 09:50 - Oct 22 with 1480 viewsBloomBlue

I think you have to divide that question, financially no we were worse off and I think most people are, I don't think anyone has children to be financially better off. But in terms happiness, we were/are rich in happiness because of having children, so yes we do find ourselves better off
This Free School Meals debate on 09:57 - Oct 22 with 1467 viewstextbackup

This Free School Meals debate on 09:50 - Oct 22 by BloomBlue

I think you have to divide that question, financially no we were worse off and I think most people are, I don't think anyone has children to be financially better off. But in terms happiness, we were/are rich in happiness because of having children, so yes we do find ourselves better off

think you may have taken what I've written wrong

This Free School Meals debate on 10:02 - Oct 22 with 1451 viewsNewcyBlue

This Free School Meals debate on 09:45 - Oct 22 by 26_Paz

How many people did that scheme keep in employment? How many business did it keep solvent?
All of that income tax / company tax is paying the universal credit that forms the provision I have described above ...

So we agree that it’s a highly complex situation. The restaurants all had furloughed staff etc. Which ones specifically were in danger at the time?

It was a PR effort to distract from the Cummings debacle.

Wait for another Tory scandal and you might get to fly to Spain again!

This Free School Meals debate on 10:03 - Oct 22 with 1449 viewsBloomBlue

This Free School Meals debate on 09:57 - Oct 22 by textbackup

No I didn't you asked; 'has anyone else personally found themselves better off after having kids'
You meant financially I know and as I said no we never did find ourselves better off financially, but we don't consider that the important thing in life so was just adding we have found ourselves better off with the other benefits children bring
This Free School Meals debate on 10:15 - Oct 22 with 1436 viewsNewcyBlue

This Free School Meals debate on 09:57 - Oct 22 by textbackup

Sorry. I know what you meant. I’m just utterly tired right now.

We’ve spent a lot less money on dining out. I dare say coming down to Ipswich with the twins for the foreseeable future will be difficult, not just because of the pandemic, so that’s a saving.

How good would a football afternoon on the beers be right now though?!

This Free School Meals debate on 10:15 - Oct 22 with 1433 viewshype313

Nope, not in the infant years, we're just coming out of two boys at Nursery at £1200 per month, even in my hedonistic days, I wasn't dropping that amount on booze

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

This Free School Meals debate on 10:37 - Oct 22 with 1406 viewsm14_blue

Our childcare cost is like having another 1 1/2 mortgages.

As you say, we save money on a lot of the social stuff but this is balanced out by the mrs spending £30 on a pair of toddlers shoes that she'll wear about 3 times and that will need to be replaced every 2 weeks.
This Free School Meals debate on 10:50 - Oct 22 with 1390 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 10:02 - Oct 22 by NewcyBlue

So we agree that it’s a highly complex situation. The restaurants all had furloughed staff etc. Which ones specifically were in danger at the time?

It was a PR effort to distract from the Cummings debacle.

Wait for another Tory scandal and you might get to fly to Spain again!

Hugely complex. I don’t know which ones specifically but I’m guessing a lot of chains and most independents ...
I never actually made it to Spain ... I had to change for Greece!
If another scandal gets me a holiday I’m hoping someone has a bug in Boris’ bedroom!!

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 10:51 - Oct 22 with 1388 viewsStokieBlue

Surely you just reallocate the weekend session budget to the delivery of fine wine, craft beer and fine foods and enjoy it once they are in bed and thus it's no different?

Got to treat yourself once the days hard work is done.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This Free School Meals debate on 10:59 - Oct 22 with 1369 viewsNewcyBlue

This Free School Meals debate on 10:37 - Oct 22 by m14_blue

Our childcare cost is like having another 1 1/2 mortgages.

As you say, we save money on a lot of the social stuff but this is balanced out by the mrs spending £30 on a pair of toddlers shoes that she'll wear about 3 times and that will need to be replaced every 2 weeks.

Why is your Missus wearing toddlers shoes?! How small are her feet?!

This Free School Meals debate on 11:01 - Oct 22 with 1363 viewsNewcyBlue

This Free School Meals debate on 10:50 - Oct 22 by 26_Paz

Hugely complex. I don’t know which ones specifically but I’m guessing a lot of chains and most independents ...
If another scandal gets me a holiday I’m hoping someone has a bug in Boris’ bedroom!!

If they could feed the kids and do the eat out to help out scheme in August, why can’t they do that now that the restaurants are mostly open anyway?

This Free School Meals debate on 11:14 - Oct 22 with 1340 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 11:01 - Oct 22 by NewcyBlue

If they could feed the kids and do the eat out to help out scheme in August, why can’t they do that now that the restaurants are mostly open anyway?

My point is they are already doing that via UC and furlough etc ... I think Rishi is going to announce some more jobs support today

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 11:16 - Oct 22 with 1335 viewsNewcyBlue

This Free School Meals debate on 10:50 - Oct 22 by 26_Paz

I’ve got stuff to do whilst MrsN and the twins sleep.

Answer some questions for me though please..

Why should children be punished for their parents decisions?
The extra £20 a week, after the additional food, drink, water, electricity, gas, etc costs how far do you expect them get with that?
Feeding a child lunches for £20 a week, can you provide a menu comparable to school dinners please? With a cost breakdown. Seb gets school dinners (because he’s of the age where they all do up here). His school dinners sound fantastic. Healthy and nutritious, with options every single day.

For some kids, this is the only hot meal they get.

Anyway. I look forward to your menu and cost breakdown.

This Free School Meals debate on 11:27 - Oct 22 with 1316 viewstractordownsouth

This Free School Meals debate on 09:45 - Oct 22 by 26_Paz

The beneficiaries of Eat Out To Help Out were largely middle class people who can afford to eat out - it cost the treasury millions more than this. Similarly, the amount that the Tories reduced from Richard Desmond's tax bill for donating to the Tory Party could have paid for the free meals twice over.

And as for the economy argument, you can't claim to be in favour of sound economic management whilst simultaneously cheerleading a no deal Brexit. Those two positions are incompatible.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

This Free School Meals debate on 11:37 - Oct 22 with 1283 viewsm14_blue

This Free School Meals debate on 10:59 - Oct 22 by NewcyBlue

Why is your Missus wearing toddlers shoes?! How small are her feet?!

Very, very small.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024