Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Free School Meals debate 18:53 - Oct 21 with 20412 viewstractordownsouth

I've just seen the clips from Twitter as I don't have a licence to watch on Iplayer but bloody hell, these heartless individuals... They're all preaching personal responsibility, while voting for a policy that will ensure whether or not kids eat is determined by their parents income, which they have no control over.

First we have Brendan Clarke Smith accusing those wanting to feed kids of "virtue signalling." He's the same bloke who was caught denying the scale of food banks during his election hustings.

And Kieran Mullen, claiming that it's not the state's job to feed kids.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

This Free School Meals debate on 17:59 - Oct 22 with 1217 viewsNewcyBlue

This Free School Meals debate on 17:50 - Oct 22 by 26_Paz

I don’t know the precise figures and not going to pretend I do

So your belief is based on what exactly?

It’s not evidence, because all the evidence points to the scheme being needed.

It’s not empathy.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

This Free School Meals debate on 18:06 - Oct 22 with 1204 viewsMullet

Absolute shower of bastards.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This Free School Meals debate on 18:12 - Oct 22 with 1191 viewsSwansea_Blue

This Free School Meals debate on 14:50 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

£20m is less than £1 per taxpayer, per week.

This really is black and white. If you oppose this you are a pr1ck.

Yep. I’m glad the Welsh Government has prioritised continuing with free school meals here. It’s chicken feed (not literally!) and a no brainer really.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This Free School Meals debate on 18:17 - Oct 22 with 1183 viewsSwansea_Blue

This Free School Meals debate on 13:46 - Oct 22 by eireblue

This is the logic that seems to me to be obviously flawed. But right wing types seem to miss.

When ever people talk about spending more money on benefits, the characteristics of deserving/un-deserving poor, in some way pops up.
And of course we get people talking about feckless parents, single mothers just having babies to get houses etc.

Well that’s easy to solve, target benefits at children. This extends to children that are in care.

Children can have free schools, free school books, proper computer equipment, food, social workers with a low ration of children to social worker. The development, education, feeding, housing, protection of children becomes a function of society.

Now certain types, like Paz, will think things like, why should I pay for other peoples children.

Well, why should a person that looks after their health, keeps their BMI down, doesn’t get drunk, isn’t a criminal, pay for NHS care for fat b@stards that get into punch ups on a Friday night.

Why should citizens subsidise an adult being irresponsible, but not a subsidise a child just growing up.

Paz’s taxes currently subsidise some feckless adult humans, but Paz seems reluctant to have his tax targeted at children.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 13:48]

Good idea. And yes it’s a bit strange how they’re not prepared to spend a few tens of £millions on the when irresponsible adults need hell of a lot more public spending. Let’s genuinely invest in the future rather than pay lip service to it. We’re one of the richest countries in the world after all, so it shouldn’t be beyond us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This Free School Meals debate on 07:12 - Oct 23 with 1094 viewsThe_Major

"This Black Lives Matter thing is wrong. Surely ALL Lives Matter"

"OK, so that'll include the poor sods risking life and limb to cross the Channel."

"NO, NOT LIKE THAT.... Er, we should be helping our own."

"Righto, better feed those kids then."

"NO, NOT LIKE THAT EITHER."
This Free School Meals debate on 07:36 - Oct 23 with 1078 viewsMercian

Is the first person having a dig at Rashford?
This Free School Meals debate on 23:06 - Oct 23 with 987 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This is what @narcho syndicalism looks like....f#ck the government!
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/cafes-taxi-firms-gyms-kind-1

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This Free School Meals debate (n/t) on 12:36 - Oct 24 with 889 viewsm14_blue

Meanwhile, in my closest Tory held seat many businesses have barred their MP from visiting their premises in protest at this (he is also one of the top 10 expense claimants) and are very publicly stepping in to feed the most vulnerable children at a time of national crisis.

[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 12:39]
Login to get fewer ads

This Free School Meals debate on 12:49 - Oct 24 with 875 viewsDubtractor

The tories. A great bunch of lads.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This Free School Meals debate on 13:00 - Oct 24 with 855 viewsm14_blue

This Free School Meals debate on 12:49 - Oct 24 by Dubtractor

Yet another one bleating on about being taken out of context without even attempting to explain what the actual context is.
This Free School Meals debate on 13:08 - Oct 24 with 839 viewseireblue

This Free School Meals debate on 12:49 - Oct 24 by Dubtractor

WTF.

So the message is, we will not give children free meals, and a snarky smart arse comment to business that will.

Classy.
This Free School Meals debate on 13:12 - Oct 24 with 831 viewsSidVicious

This Free School Meals debate on 13:08 - Oct 24 by eireblue

WTF.

So the message is, we will not give children free meals, and a snarky smart arse comment to business that will.

Classy.

Clearly this debate has been hijacked by some pretty extremist left wing views

It’s all our responsibilities as parents to feed our children and if you fall in hard times then that is where extended families can come and support. The alternative is quickly get other gainful employment there is plenty of pre Xmas jobs out there at the moment

If all that fails then there is a very generous benefits system that provides a safety net

By encouraging the feckless to try this then no child needs to go hungry

Let’s take the emotion out of it and give them practical help
This Free School Meals debate on 13:26 - Oct 24 with 815 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 13:12 - Oct 24 by SidVicious

It’s all our responsibilities as parents to feed our children and if you fall in hard times then that is where extended families can come and support. The alternative is quickly get other gainful employment there is plenty of pre Xmas jobs out there at the moment

If all that fails then there is a very generous benefits system that provides a safety net

Feckless poor? Wtf? Have I woken up back in the Victorian period?

How about practical help in the form of food, eh Ayn Rand?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This Free School Meals debate on 13:39 - Oct 24 with 789 viewsSidVicious

This Free School Meals debate on 13:26 - Oct 24 by SpruceMoose

Feckless poor? Wtf? Have I woken up back in the Victorian period?

How about practical help in the form of food, eh Ayn Rand?

Let’s put it another way how many children have died of starvation in the UK this year?

None what so ever it never happens the safety net works

To many people on here virtue signalling and not sticking to the facts
This Free School Meals debate on 13:42 - Oct 24 with 779 viewsDubtractor

This Free School Meals debate on 13:39 - Oct 24 by SidVicious

Let’s put it another way how many children have died of starvation in the UK this year?

Almost everyone who uses the phrase 'virtue signalling' as a criticism of others is a pretty poor quality person.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This Free School Meals debate on 13:45 - Oct 24 with 771 viewsm14_blue

Wow.

You seem nice.
This Free School Meals debate on 13:47 - Oct 24 with 766 viewsjeera

Whether human beings, and especially children, should receive help with the most basic needs in life is not a debate.

Let alone extremist.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This Free School Meals debate on 13:48 - Oct 24 with 761 viewsMullet

https://www.ft.com/content/e5061be6-2978-4c0b-aa68-f372a2526826

I used the ONS figures and did some data searching for you. This is for 2019

https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/query/asv2htm.aspx

530, 841 people aged under 19 and under died, 136 of malnutrition in 2019. (Apologies for missign out the bloody important bit!)
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 13:50]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This Free School Meals debate on 13:54 - Oct 24 with 730 viewsDanTheMan

"It’s all our responsibilities as parents to feed our children and if you fall in hard times then that is where extended families can come and support. The alternative is quickly get other gainful employment there is plenty of pre Xmas jobs out there at the moment"

People really do have very idealised views of what families are like.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This Free School Meals debate on 14:09 - Oct 24 with 715 viewsSpruceMoose

Dead children are your baseline?

Yet another pointless troll/awful human on here.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 14:10]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

This Free School Meals debate on 14:11 - Oct 24 with 710 viewsm14_blue

This Free School Meals debate on 13:54 - Oct 24 by DanTheMan

"It’s all our responsibilities as parents to feed our children and if you fall in hard times then that is where extended families can come and support. The alternative is quickly get other gainful employment there is plenty of pre Xmas jobs out there at the moment"

It's mad, isn't it?

Obviously not the faintest idea what it's like for some children growing up in this country.

"that is where extended families can come and support" Jesus Christ, if it wasn't so depressing it would be laughable.
This Free School Meals debate on 14:15 - Oct 24 with 704 viewsDanTheMan

This Free School Meals debate on 14:11 - Oct 24 by m14_blue

It's mad, isn't it?

Obviously not the faintest idea what it's like for some children growing up in this country.

"that is where extended families can come and support" Jesus Christ, if it wasn't so depressing it would be laughable.

I didn't see a lot of my close blood relatives more than once a year, some only at family events every few years, some I literally did not see.

This was AFTER both my parents died. You'd think they'd rally round a bit but... nope. And most (bar one) are not even bad people.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This Free School Meals debate on 14:16 - Oct 24 with 705 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 13:54 - Oct 24 by DanTheMan

It's a dad and a mum and two kids Dan. White of course. And they have to have 'good' Conservative (double) standards. Any other configuration of feckless plebs can get in the sea.

This Free School Meals debate on 14:18 - Oct 24 with 698 viewsSidVicious

This Free School Meals debate on 14:11 - Oct 24 by m14_blue

It's mad, isn't it?

The reality of this debate is that one side is never going to convince the other side of their point of view

For me it’s always the responsibility of the parents to look after their children others (many have expressed this view on here ) that it is the governments responsibility to look after our children

As a responsible parent you will never convince me of your view point that you can simply wash your hands of your responsibilities but for many they don’t see the issue with it

At the end of the day it’s about your own morale compass and I am very comfortable with mine
This Free School Meals debate on 14:22 - Oct 24 with 686 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 14:18 - Oct 24 by SidVicious

The reality of this debate is that one side is never going to convince the other side of their point of view

For me it’s always the responsibility of the parents to look after their children others (many have expressed this view on here ) that it is the governments responsibility to look after our children

As a responsible parent you will never convince me of your view point that you can simply wash your hands of your responsibilities but for many they don’t see the issue with it

At the end of the day it’s about your own morale compass and I am very comfortable with mine

The reality of this debate is hungry kids and disenfranchised parents thanks to years of ideological Tory cuts. Not you defending some 'pull yourself up by your bootstraps' worldview that is derived from a place of privilege and lack empathy.

At least there's a good chance that your kids will grow up to think Dad's a bit of a selfish bellend. But hey, at least you'll have that moral compass of yours.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 14:25]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024