Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Free School Meals debate 18:53 - Oct 21 with 20408 viewstractordownsouth

I've just seen the clips from Twitter as I don't have a licence to watch on Iplayer but bloody hell, these heartless individuals... They're all preaching personal responsibility, while voting for a policy that will ensure whether or not kids eat is determined by their parents income, which they have no control over.

First we have Brendan Clarke Smith accusing those wanting to feed kids of "virtue signalling." He's the same bloke who was caught denying the scale of food banks during his election hustings.

And Kieran Mullen, claiming that it's not the state's job to feed kids.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

This Free School Meals debate on 21:54 - Oct 24 with 641 viewsjeera

This Free School Meals debate on 21:52 - Oct 24 by thegloryyears

The trouble with the radical left Paz is they dont think anyone has a right to a different point of view...there is absolutely no need for any child to starve in this country - Me and my wife receive £160 a month for our 2 children, there are also unemployment benefits, Universal Tax Credits and as a last resort food banks....Marcus Rashford seems to be a very humble caring young man and I have complete admiration for him, but ultimately it has to be the parents responsibilty to look after their children, as a nation we seem to be getting more and more reliant on hand outs and freebies from the government which unfortunately now sees us 2 Trillion in debt which will now be a massive burden on our children for decades to come...

"Radical left".

Good grief.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This Free School Meals debate on 21:59 - Oct 24 with 617 viewsthegloryyears

This Free School Meals debate on 21:54 - Oct 24 by jeera

"Radical left".

Good grief.

thanks Jeera you've just confirmed my 1st sentence...:)
This Free School Meals debate on 21:59 - Oct 24 with 607 views26_Paz

The trouble with the radical left Paz is they dont think anyone has a right to a different point of view...there is absolutely no need for any child to starve in this country - Me and my wife receive £160 a month for our 2 children, there are also unemployment benefits, Universal Tax Credits and as a last resort food banks....Marcus Rashford seems to be a very humble caring young man and I have complete admiration for him, but ultimately it has to be the parents responsibilty to look after their children, as a nation we seem to be getting more and more reliant on hand outs and freebies from the government which unfortunately now sees us 2 Trillion in debt which will now be a massive burden on our children for decades to come...

Very, very well said, Sir. The trouble on here is the good people of this site whilst meaning well are just completely removed from how most of the world think. They just can’t comprehend it. They’re not bad people, they just don’t understand regular, working people

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 22:13 - Oct 24 with 591 viewsCoachRob

"...unfortunately now sees us 2 Trillion in debt which will now be a massive burden on our children for decades to come.."

I see people keep making this intertemporal argument but never seem to be able to back it up with any accounting, Can you please explain what you mean by a burden?

You use the word "us" - so who owns the asset side?

Given the BoE's Q.E. policy, is the debt really £2tn?
This Free School Meals debate on 22:22 - Oct 24 with 576 viewsm14_blue

This Free School Meals debate on 21:59 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

Very, very well said, Sir. The trouble on here is the good people of this site whilst meaning well are just completely removed from how most of the world think. They just can’t comprehend it. They’re not bad people, they just don’t understand regular, working people

I’m sorry Paz but you and the other people supporting the government on this thread are the ones removed from the realities of life.

Perfect example, the chap who thought ‘extended families’ could just step in to help when people run into trouble.

Of course we need to balance the economy somehow but this amount is a tiny drop in the ocean compared to what we have spent (and wasted) on far less worthy causes. You seem happy to excuse this waste but not happy to support a much smaller amount to help the most vulnerable get through an unprecedented crisis.

I also think you’re way out on the view of the “regular people” on this. I get a very good snapshot across my social media etc having lived all over the country and worked many jobs. Generally it’s a good bell weather, certainly pro Brexit leaning, but there is almost universal fury at this. The tories would be decimated in the north were there to be a vote now.

It’s also difficult to understand how people can be so concerned about macro economics and still support a no deal Brexit.
This Free School Meals debate on 22:26 - Oct 24 with 563 viewsm14_blue

How to out yourself as a monumental idiot in just 6 words.

“Radical left”

I hope for your sake you’re a bot. Unfortunately I suspect there really are still some people left who are gullible enough and so easily manipulated as to believe all this utter bobbins, albeit their numbers are shrinking by the day.
This Free School Meals debate on 22:30 - Oct 24 with 548 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 21:35 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

You’re smoking something mate. I’ve been sworn at and called all sorts on here for months. You want me banned because I’m from a different political perspective to you. This is utterly, utterly bizarre.

When did supporting racists, homophobes and now wanting British kids to go hungry for no reason other than spite get rebranded as a respectable political persuasion?

The state of you. You're so desperate for back up on here that you practically throw yourself at any troll or extremist twerp who comes along.

There's a reason why no decent user of this forum ever agrees with you, leaving you to suck up to the cranks, trolls and hate mongers. It's because you're in the wrong.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 22:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This Free School Meals debate on 22:38 - Oct 24 with 516 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 22:30 - Oct 24 by SpruceMoose

When did supporting racists, homophobes and now wanting British kids to go hungry for no reason other than spite get rebranded as a respectable political persuasion?

The state of you. You're so desperate for back up on here that you practically throw yourself at any troll or extremist twerp who comes along.

There's a reason why no decent user of this forum ever agrees with you, leaving you to suck up to the cranks, trolls and hate mongers. It's because you're in the wrong.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 22:34]

You, Sir, are an absolute embarrassment. You’ve spent months abusing me and generally talking down to everyone. It’s not funny. Take a long hard look at yourself.

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

This Free School Meals debate on 22:41 - Oct 24 with 521 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm curious as to with what authority you claim to speak for the working man Paz. Care to enlighten us, because you seem to equate being working class with believing the same cretinous nonsense you do.

As for myself, my experience of the working classe comes from the fact that I grew up genuinely skint. Dad worked in a factory, mum cleaned the toilets in the school I went to (that was fun for me) and my siblings and I were dressed in hand me downs or stuff from the market. I grew up acutely aware that we were different from the last majority of my friends and peers, and they knew it too.

We had no holidays, we had no lavish Christmas or birthday celebrations, I never even had a holiday outside of Suffolk until I was 19 years old, shortly before my father dropped dead. But you know what? That didn't turn me into a nasty little racist homophobe.

So please, don't tell me I don't understand what it is to be working class. My parents were poor, but they had more empathy for others and more integrity than you'll ever have.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 22:43]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

This Free School Meals debate on 22:47 - Oct 24 with 495 viewseireblue

This Free School Meals debate on 22:38 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

You, Sir, are an absolute embarrassment. You’ve spent months abusing me and generally talking down to everyone. It’s not funny. Take a long hard look at yourself.

You haven’t been abused. It is funny.
This Free School Meals debate on 22:48 - Oct 24 with 493 viewsTrequartista

This Free School Meals debate on 22:47 - Oct 24 by eireblue

You haven’t been abused. It is funny.

You didn't see the reply that was deleted.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

This Free School Meals debate on 22:49 - Oct 24 with 496 viewsHerbivore

The absolute state of some of the Tory supporting bawbags on this thread. We're talking about feeding kids who are living in poverty and all they care about is pissing and moaning about 'woke' people and the 'left'.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 22:59]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This Free School Meals debate on 22:50 - Oct 24 with 489 viewseastangliaisblue

This Free School Meals debate on 22:48 - Oct 24 by Trequartista

I did and agree with every word said.
This Free School Meals debate on 22:51 - Oct 24 with 485 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 22:48 - Oct 24 by Trequartista

Shame it was deleted because I stand by it. And I'd say the same to anyone who has spent months on here excusing and laughing at racism, homophobia, and now poverty. Some people might be content turning a blind eye to it, but I'm not one of them.

This Free School Meals debate on 22:52 - Oct 24 with 478 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You misspelled bigots at the end there Paz...lots of love, a regular working person xx
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 22:58]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This Free School Meals debate on 22:52 - Oct 24 with 466 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 22:41 - Oct 24 by SpruceMoose

I'm curious as to with what authority you claim to speak for the working man Paz. Care to enlighten us, because you seem to equate being working class with believing the same cretinous nonsense you do.

As for myself, my experience of the working classe comes from the fact that I grew up genuinely skint. Dad worked in a factory, mum cleaned the toilets in the school I went to (that was fun for me) and my siblings and I were dressed in hand me downs or stuff from the market. I grew up acutely aware that we were different from the last majority of my friends and peers, and they knew it too.

We had no holidays, we had no lavish Christmas or birthday celebrations, I never even had a holiday outside of Suffolk until I was 19 years old, shortly before my father dropped dead. But you know what? That didn't turn me into a nasty little racist homophobe.

So please, don't tell me I don't understand what it is to be working class. My parents were poor, but they had more empathy for others and more integrity than you'll ever have.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 22:43]

It’s not a competition but for the record I am just as working class as you are. Admittedly, since I moved out of Ipswich I’m not doing terribly and I’m a single man in my early 30s with a slightly above average salary. I know there are people bringing up families on less than what I earn just for myself. As I said, I am working class, I know real working Britain, I know what conditions are like and I know that paying a couple of quid for a kids lunch during the holidays is not going to bankrupt anyone

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 22:54 - Oct 24 with 464 viewsjeera

This Free School Meals debate on 21:59 - Oct 24 by thegloryyears

thanks Jeera you've just confirmed my 1st sentence...:)

That doesn't even make sense.

This Free School Meals debate on 22:55 - Oct 24 with 458 viewseastangliaisblue

This Free School Meals debate on 22:52 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

It’s not a competition but for the record I am just as working class as you are. Admittedly, since I moved out of Ipswich I’m not doing terribly and I’m a single man in my early 30s with a slightly above average salary. I know there are people bringing up families on less than what I earn just for myself. As I said, I am working class, I know real working Britain, I know what conditions are like and I know that paying a couple of quid for a kids lunch during the holidays is not going to bankrupt anyone

But it might bankrupt the government though eh?
This Free School Meals debate on 22:55 - Oct 24 with 455 viewsSpruceMoose

If you know working class life and how hard it can be to be poor why are you trying to make it harder just to save a few pennies.

It's vindictive. It's not necessary. It speaks to an incredibly poor and selfish character. You've not even been able to offer any kind of justification for it ffs.

If you're genuinely working class, you're a disgrace to where you come from.

This Free School Meals debate on 22:57 - Oct 24 with 444 viewsRyorry

This Free School Meals debate on 20:13 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

My apologies, I have had a beer but I can’t see anything in there about 136 people dying of hunger ... please correct me if I’m wrong

Even if there were 0 deaths, how old are you? Have you completely forgotten how it felt to be hungry as a child? I assume you, like us, got enough food to ensure you didn't lie awake at night because your stomach was gnawing and rumbling. Some of these kids don't, not through any of their own fault (as if); and particularly at the mo because their parents have lost their jobs due to Covid, so are struggling to pay the rent/mortgage/leccy/gas.

And at least in term-time they're getting a nutritious lunch, even if not brekkie or tea. If you can't muster any empathy or compassion, perhaps you could spend some time pondering the argument that paying for kids to eat decently now will mean a saving for the economy long-term via healthier kids who won't need so much NHS intervention; better educated kids who'll give more back via taxes in their working lives because they were able to pay more attention & their brains were functioning better in class as a result of having the protein, vits & mins they needed to develop properly.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This Free School Meals debate on 22:58 - Oct 24 with 444 viewsjeera

This Free School Meals debate on 22:13 - Oct 24 by CoachRob

"...unfortunately now sees us 2 Trillion in debt which will now be a massive burden on our children for decades to come.."

I see people keep making this intertemporal argument but never seem to be able to back it up with any accounting, Can you please explain what you mean by a burden?

You use the word "us" - so who owns the asset side?

Given the BoE's Q.E. policy, is the debt really £2tn?

Not to mention quite extraordinary that he thinks 2 trillion of debt has been run up because of people needing benefits.

This Free School Meals debate on 22:59 - Oct 24 with 440 viewsSpruceMoose

First post in eight months. I see we haven't been missing much.

This Free School Meals debate on 22:59 - Oct 24 with 446 viewsTrequartista

This Free School Meals debate on 22:49 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

The absolute state of some of the Tory supporting bawbags on this thread. We're talking about feeding kids who are living in poverty and all they care about is pissing and moaning about 'woke' people and the 'left'.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 22:59]

I'm on the left, am in absolute 100% support of Marcus Rashford and would have voted against the government on the commons vote if i had one.

But I don't need to call every opinion i disagree with "trolling" and abuse my opponents. Perhaps the wokists should take a leaf out of Rashford's book - he has not made any references to politics, nor any mention of race in relation to the children. He just purely wants children fed and i feel absolute, shiver down the spine, pride in that man.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

This Free School Meals debate on 23:00 - Oct 24 with 438 viewsHerbivore

This Free School Meals debate on 22:59 - Oct 24 by Trequartista

I'm on the left, am in absolute 100% support of Marcus Rashford and would have voted against the government on the commons vote if i had one.

But I don't need to call every opinion i disagree with "trolling" and abuse my opponents. Perhaps the wokists should take a leaf out of Rashford's book - he has not made any references to politics, nor any mention of race in relation to the children. He just purely wants children fed and i feel absolute, shiver down the spine, pride in that man.

You're on the left?

This Free School Meals debate on 23:02 - Oct 24 with 429 viewsHerbivore

You know literally f*ck all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024