Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Free School Meals debate 18:53 - Oct 21 with 20577 viewstractordownsouth

I've just seen the clips from Twitter as I don't have a licence to watch on Iplayer but bloody hell, these heartless individuals... They're all preaching personal responsibility, while voting for a policy that will ensure whether or not kids eat is determined by their parents income, which they have no control over.

First we have Brendan Clarke Smith accusing those wanting to feed kids of "virtue signalling." He's the same bloke who was caught denying the scale of food banks during his election hustings.

And Kieran Mullen, claiming that it's not the state's job to feed kids.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

This Free School Meals debate on 23:30 - Oct 24 with 550 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 23:27 - Oct 24 by J2BLUE

Who cares? You've given one example. Even if we give you the benefit of the doubt and believe the story the fact is 136 kids could potentially have been saved last year. Does it really matter if 1% abuse the system if the wider goal is achieved?

Also you don't have to die to suffer through a lack of food for a prolonged period of time. How many kids will be hungry that week? How many parents will be hungry to make sure their kids can eat? We're talking less than £3 of income tax per taxpayer to make sure kids don't go hungry for three weeks. There is no argument against this.

Perhaps you should make a donation to a food bank. Then you could control precisely what gets given out.

I’m yet to see a link to some evidence for the 136 deaths claim

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 23:30 - Oct 24 with 558 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 23:26 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

I feel for you. You’re just not mature enough to have a political debate.

I see we've reached the end of your stock 'but muh context' excuses and have reached the pearl clutching 'but muh maturity' section of your evening. Can't wait until we get to the outright lying part, quickly followed by the 'oh I'll give you that one, I was pissed when I wrote it mate! when you're caught out.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This Free School Meals debate on 23:30 - Oct 24 with 557 viewsjeera

This Free School Meals debate on 23:27 - Oct 24 by J2BLUE

Who cares? You've given one example. Even if we give you the benefit of the doubt and believe the story the fact is 136 kids could potentially have been saved last year. Does it really matter if 1% abuse the system if the wider goal is achieved?

Also you don't have to die to suffer through a lack of food for a prolonged period of time. How many kids will be hungry that week? How many parents will be hungry to make sure their kids can eat? We're talking less than £3 of income tax per taxpayer to make sure kids don't go hungry for three weeks. There is no argument against this.

Perhaps you should make a donation to a food bank. Then you could control precisely what gets given out.

The kind of person who might try to purchase vodka with a food voucher would be one messed up individual.

These idiots make it sound like it's someone playing the system rather than someone in need of help.

But even so, food vouchers are not issued for alcohol so it's a moot point anyway.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This Free School Meals debate on 23:31 - Oct 24 with 559 viewsTrequartista

This Free School Meals debate on 23:00 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

You're on the left?

Have you ever heard of the maxim "I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It"? I realise that the wokists have trampled that into dirt. Well note the word "disapprove". It means you can be on the left by disapproving of the right.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

This Free School Meals debate on 23:31 - Oct 24 with 555 viewsJ2BLUE

This Free School Meals debate on 23:22 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

Mate, you’re playing a losing game. Some seem to have free reign on here. That’s just the way it is. I get f’d at pretty much as standard, I get called ‘scum’, ‘piece of sh1t’ almost every day. That’s how it goes.

Perhaps free reign is actually admin acknowledging that those are facts and not opinions.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This Free School Meals debate on 23:32 - Oct 24 with 543 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 23:27 - Oct 24 by SpruceMoose

So, you're a Trump supporting, racist and homophobic joke enjoying working class lad, dragged himself out of poverty by his own brilliance, only to now stomp on the kids who haven't yet had a chance to do the same, for no reason whatsoever than pettiness and spite, and you think you're scum?

Seems like you're the one who is out of touch.

I don’t stomp on anyone. I simply have a different take on situations to you. When you grow up you’ll understand

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 23:32 - Oct 24 with 553 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 23:30 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

I’m yet to see a link to some evidence for the 136 deaths claim

And the rest of us are still waiting for you to actually give us a coherent reason backed up by evidence as to why you find racism funny and why you find hungry kids in the UK acceptable.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

This Free School Meals debate on 23:33 - Oct 24 with 549 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 23:31 - Oct 24 by J2BLUE

Perhaps free reign is actually admin acknowledging that those are facts and not opinions.

Quite. I'm yet to be banned or even asked to tone it down. Interesting eh?

Login to get fewer ads

This Free School Meals debate on 23:34 - Oct 24 with 549 viewsjeera

This Free School Meals debate on 23:31 - Oct 24 by Trequartista

Have you ever heard of the maxim "I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It"? I realise that the wokists have trampled that into dirt. Well note the word "disapprove". It means you can be on the left by disapproving of the right.

Why do you keep saying 'wokist'?

It just makes the rest of your post redundant.

This Free School Meals debate on 23:34 - Oct 24 with 546 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 23:32 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

I don’t stomp on anyone. I simply have a different take on situations to you. When you grow up you’ll understand

I see your own jokes are about as funny as Johnson's.

This Free School Meals debate on 23:35 - Oct 24 with 536 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 23:32 - Oct 24 by SpruceMoose

And the rest of us are still waiting for you to actually give us a coherent reason backed up by evidence as to why you find racism funny and why you find hungry kids in the UK acceptable.

What are you talking about? Go through this site, you’ll find nothing to suggest that I find either acceptable. Please, search every post I’ve ever made.

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 23:38 - Oct 24 with 529 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 23:35 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

What are you talking about? Go through this site, you’ll find nothing to suggest that I find either acceptable. Please, search every post I’ve ever made.

Jesus wept. You're now denying supporting Trump and excusing homophobic and racist jokes? I don't need to search your posts. I've replied to them.

Yeah. You're a troll.

This Free School Meals debate on 23:38 - Oct 24 with 522 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 23:33 - Oct 24 by SpruceMoose

Quite. I'm yet to be banned or even asked to tone it down. Interesting eh?

That is absolutely incredible
Some of the stuff you’ve said to me is pure hatred
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 23:38]

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 23:39 - Oct 24 with 526 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 23:38 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

That is absolutely incredible
Some of the stuff you’ve said to me is pure hatred
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 23:38]

I don't hate you Paz. I pity you and your horrible backwards way of thinking.

But feel free to hit the repot button. Spin the wheel! Maybe you'll get lucky!

Or maybe Phil actually reads what you post.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 23:40]

This Free School Meals debate on 23:40 - Oct 24 with 510 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 23:38 - Oct 24 by SpruceMoose

Jesus wept. You're now denying supporting Trump and excusing homophobic and racist jokes? I don't need to search your posts. I've replied to them.

Yeah. You're a troll.

I don’t deny supporting trump because I do
I deny making racist or homophobic jokes and challenge you to find one I’ve made

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 23:41 - Oct 24 with 511 viewsHerbivore

This Free School Meals debate on 23:08 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

And what have you done?

Interesting that you don't dispute that you've spent the evening trolling people who actually care about kids getting fed. The absolute state of you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This Free School Meals debate on 23:42 - Oct 24 with 510 viewsTrequartista

This Free School Meals debate on 23:34 - Oct 24 by jeera

Why do you keep saying 'wokist'?

It just makes the rest of your post redundant.

I'm happy to change it to something that describes the same phenomenon, if you have any suggestions. I am aware of (or woke to) the original meaning of the word which was something positive, but that's not what it means now. I could say 'leftist' but i am on the left myself so that's not an accurate description of something i want no part of.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

This Free School Meals debate on 23:42 - Oct 24 with 508 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 23:40 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

I deny making racist or homophobic jokes and challenge you to find one I’ve made

I said you excuse those making racist and homophobic jokes.

What is it about the massively racist, disablist, anti science, corrupt, Islamophobic, criminal con man Trump that you admire and identify with so much exactly?

This Free School Meals debate on 23:43 - Oct 24 with 501 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 23:41 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

Interesting that you don't dispute that you've spent the evening trolling people who actually care about kids getting fed. The absolute state of you.

I care about kids getting fed. I just believe that they already are without the celebrity footballer campaign

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 23:44 - Oct 24 with 501 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 23:43 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

I care about kids getting fed. I just believe that they already are without the celebrity footballer campaign

You believe that without any shred of evidence because it's convenient for you to believe it.

The cult of Boris Johnson in action.

This Free School Meals debate on 23:46 - Oct 24 with 490 views26_Paz

This Free School Meals debate on 23:42 - Oct 24 by SpruceMoose

I said you excuse those making racist and homophobic jokes.

What is it about the massively racist, disablist, anti science, corrupt, Islamophobic, criminal con man Trump that you admire and identify with so much exactly?

I don’t believe he is any of those things. Except perhaps anti science which I think is a good thing right now. Looking at corona from a purely scientific point of view gives a very different response to considering economics ...

The Paz Man

This Free School Meals debate on 23:46 - Oct 24 with 493 viewsJ2BLUE

This Free School Meals debate on 23:40 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

Did you see that they can't trace the parents of over 500 kids in America who Trump separated just to make a point?

Imagine being a child and not knowing if you'll ever see your parents again while being held in a foreign country.

Utterly horrific.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This Free School Meals debate on 23:46 - Oct 24 with 497 viewsHerbivore

This Free School Meals debate on 23:31 - Oct 24 by Trequartista

In all the years I've posted on here I can't think of a single occasion I've seen you put forth a position on political, social, or economic issues that could properly be described as left wing.

This Free School Meals debate on 23:47 - Oct 24 with 490 viewsjeera

This Free School Meals debate on 23:42 - Oct 24 by Trequartista

I'm happy to change it to something that describes the same phenomenon, if you have any suggestions. I am aware of (or woke to) the original meaning of the word which was something positive, but that's not what it means now. I could say 'leftist' but i am on the left myself so that's not an accurate description of something i want no part of.

Why the leftist/woke/marxist nonsense?

It's not a phenomena to not want to be a dick. People have been managing it for thousands of years.

The hampstead approach of trying to score points by using daft labels just cheapens any position you may have. It just sounds too silly to be taken seriously.

This Free School Meals debate on 23:49 - Oct 24 with 483 viewsHerbivore

This Free School Meals debate on 23:43 - Oct 24 by 26_Paz

You believe a lot of things, most of them absolute b0llocks. The absolute state of you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024