Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paz and his Pals wonder why. 14:14 - Nov 1 with 7517 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/video-shows
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 14:15]
Yep, it's getting fooking.... on 22:06 - Nov 1 with 1196 viewsvapour_trail

Yep, it's getting fooking.... on 21:55 - Nov 1 by SpruceMoose

You do you Boo, just save us the blubbing about any future consequences

Until you decide to cocoon indoors, fck right off.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Yep, it's getting fooking.... on 22:21 - Nov 1 with 1165 viewsSpruceMoose

Yep, it's getting fooking.... on 22:06 - Nov 1 by vapour_trail

Until you decide to cocoon indoors, fck right off.

Oh you want to go there do you? Ok. Seeing as you've gone down the abusive route.

For your information, I've done that mate. While you were blubbing about not being able to go on your Ryanair hols like some kind of spoilt fanny, I took responsibility for my actions and for the sake of others was 'cocooned' - for several months actually.

This was back earlier this year when we were getting nearly 800 deaths a day in NY, including people I know, oh excuse me, people I knew.

You silly fool.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 22:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 22:26 - Nov 1 with 1138 viewsjaykay

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 20:19 - Nov 1 by StochesStotasBlewe

We will see.
I had a lovely 3 night break in Rome in early March, the eternal city was pretty much devoid of tourists, i enjoyed it very much, knowing the risks, took the FO advice on travelling as it was deemed safe as it could be to travel there. Italy went into lockdown the following week. I guess that makes me as irresponsible and ignorant as those people who travelled to the quarantine free countries in the summer.
I've bent the rules a bit, as i suspect most people have, been out for dinner a few times, shock horror, played the slots at the arcades, took the dog out twice a day for an hour instead of once, had a pint or 3 with a couple of mates on a few occasions, lovely it was too, and seven of us sat in a garden a few weeks back for some beers. Today, i've been to spend a few hours with my son and my elderly mother, as i now won't be able to spend any quality time with them for the foreseeable. Again i have bent the rules a bit.
I apparently will be held in contempt by the antlered one for these indiscretions, and as i believe to be reasonably intelligent and possess a degree of common sense, i really couldn't give a monkeys chuff if "they" come for me or not.
Anyway, i have now opened a rather nice red and will sit and peruse on here from time to time.

i wonder why we are in lock down now.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Yep, it's getting fooking.... on 22:29 - Nov 1 with 1128 viewsMelford

Yep, it's getting fooking.... on 21:27 - Nov 1 by vapour_trail

I’m sure Phil and Gav have better things to do.

I’m just hearing about the rave in the warehouse outside Bristol. Truth be told, I’m pretty jealous and have an urge for a jack and jill.

I miss doing the little fellas, when pills fell out of fashion and it all went back to lager and cocaine in the 2000s is where it all went wrong. From 89 when the Berlin Wall came down until 9/11 in 2001 was the golden era where life was great.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Yep, it's getting fooking.... on 00:13 - Nov 2 with 1063 viewsjeera

Yep, it's getting fooking.... on 21:24 - Nov 1 by Bloots

....ridiculous lately.

We played a game of football yesterday, but you wouldn't know it.

It needs to get sorted out.

Sunday is never the day following a Saturday match though.

Traditionally it's always the quietest with mostly casual chat.

It used to be a day of lunch threads and games.

Monday has always been the busiest when people are back at work, in offices or whatever, stuck behind their screens.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 0:23]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Yep, it's getting fooking.... on 06:15 - Nov 2 with 1007 viewseastangliaisblue

Yep, it's getting fooking.... on 22:29 - Nov 1 by Melford

I miss doing the little fellas, when pills fell out of fashion and it all went back to lager and cocaine in the 2000s is where it all went wrong. From 89 when the Berlin Wall came down until 9/11 in 2001 was the golden era where life was great.

I make you right.
Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 06:48 - Nov 2 with 995 viewsbluelagos

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 18:32 - Nov 1 by SpruceMoose

And as I said to you when you first posted this, as someone who would dearly love to be able to come home at a safe time to do so, I hold anyone who did what Paz did in equal contempt.

The other folk who went on foreign holidays don't seem to pop up on the regular now crying about rolling lockdowns though. Perhaps they have more self awareness to realise they added to this crisis, and now appreciate that their behaviour was selfish and moronic?

Ffs. Foreign holidays in the middle of a pandemic? Pull your fooking head out of your arse. Beyond 'Because Boris said I can' I would love to hear some justifications below.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 18:42]

Legally visiting somewhere with lower CV rates than the UK, after months of lockdown, is moronic and selfish? Sometimes Spruce you are incredibly narrowminded, rude and offensive.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Yep, it's getting fooking.... on 07:06 - Nov 2 with 979 views26_Paz

Yep, it's getting fooking.... on 21:48 - Nov 1 by vapour_trail

I’m going to see <redacted> play on tues night before lockdown comes in. A few beers and some non league footie before the Johnson shuts us all down again.

I’m expecting the Moose to be on my case incessantly over this.

Wednesday night is 5 a side night for the Paz. I’ll certainly be going for a couple of cold ones with the lads after. If only to wish each other good luck getting through another month of zoom quizzes and Joe f@cking Wicks!

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 07:22 - Nov 2 with 957 viewsvindicatedblue

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 18:32 - Nov 1 by SpruceMoose

And as I said to you when you first posted this, as someone who would dearly love to be able to come home at a safe time to do so, I hold anyone who did what Paz did in equal contempt.

The other folk who went on foreign holidays don't seem to pop up on the regular now crying about rolling lockdowns though. Perhaps they have more self awareness to realise they added to this crisis, and now appreciate that their behaviour was selfish and moronic?

Ffs. Foreign holidays in the middle of a pandemic? Pull your fooking head out of your arse. Beyond 'Because Boris said I can' I would love to hear some justifications below.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 18:42]

I went on a foreign holiday. And I know for a fact that some very well liked and respected posters on here did so as well. Some of them, families who have been through the wringer this year. So not just selfish right wing pricks. Good, decent family people who are sensible and grown up.

We didn’t do so because we are selfish c*nts who couldn’t care less about the consequences. As somebody who works with the general public and has to be fully informed of risk mitigation and all social distancing measures, I made sure there was little chance of catching or passing on any infection. Including daily temperature checks, each family member being in possession of hand sanitizer, masks etc. Which makes the whole thing sound a bit clinical, but in reality, it’s part of daily life anyway and the holiday was a beautiful experience.

We went because it would be the last time any of us will be together as a family unit, with two of my kids leaving home and starting on their own life journeys without us.

We went to a country with a lower infection rate than our own. We maintained social distancing at all times. The airport was quieter than our local shopping centre. When we arrived in Rhodes we hired a car so as to avoid public transport.

Three days into our holiday, Nicola Sturgeon put a blanket ban on all of Greece, despite the issue being with one island, Zante, and we abided by the 14 day queen tine rules when we returned. Again, despite the fact that we would have more chance catching COVID walking down Sauchihall Street than we would in Rhodes.

I don’t think it’s fair for you should hold people in contempt for taking a full risk assessment before making a decision to take a family holiday. Especially when you have no idea what individual circumstances lead to making that decision.

Nobody died and put you in charge as the arbiter of all that is decent and moral. And I say that with the greates respect and have no wish to get into a row over it.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 7:29]
Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 07:34 - Nov 2 with 946 viewsbluelagos

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 07:22 - Nov 2 by vindicatedblue

I went on a foreign holiday. And I know for a fact that some very well liked and respected posters on here did so as well. Some of them, families who have been through the wringer this year. So not just selfish right wing pricks. Good, decent family people who are sensible and grown up.

We didn’t do so because we are selfish c*nts who couldn’t care less about the consequences. As somebody who works with the general public and has to be fully informed of risk mitigation and all social distancing measures, I made sure there was little chance of catching or passing on any infection. Including daily temperature checks, each family member being in possession of hand sanitizer, masks etc. Which makes the whole thing sound a bit clinical, but in reality, it’s part of daily life anyway and the holiday was a beautiful experience.

We went because it would be the last time any of us will be together as a family unit, with two of my kids leaving home and starting on their own life journeys without us.

We went to a country with a lower infection rate than our own. We maintained social distancing at all times. The airport was quieter than our local shopping centre. When we arrived in Rhodes we hired a car so as to avoid public transport.

Three days into our holiday, Nicola Sturgeon put a blanket ban on all of Greece, despite the issue being with one island, Zante, and we abided by the 14 day queen tine rules when we returned. Again, despite the fact that we would have more chance catching COVID walking down Sauchihall Street than we would in Rhodes.

I don’t think it’s fair for you should hold people in contempt for taking a full risk assessment before making a decision to take a family holiday. Especially when you have no idea what individual circumstances lead to making that decision.

Nobody died and put you in charge as the arbiter of all that is decent and moral. And I say that with the greates respect and have no wish to get into a row over it.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 7:29]

I'll cut Sprucey some slack given the stress of the impending election and dealing with the risks of CV himself.

Your points are well made, especually the one about not knowing other people's situations/cirucmstances. Sometimes people are quick to judge others without any appreciation of what position they are in.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 08:37 - Nov 2 with 883 viewsMonkeyAlan

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 16:29 - Nov 1 by footers

Is that really the best you right-wingers have left? It's indefensible.

Lies. Incompetence. Corruption.

It's almost as if it's proven everything most people knew about Johnson all along: that he's a completely useless charlatan.

Most governments in my life time have been pretty awful in the end. They come in with all these promises and ideas. Then all crumble into the same pile of sh!te.
Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 12:03 - Nov 2 with 839 viewseireblue

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 07:34 - Nov 2 by bluelagos

I'll cut Sprucey some slack given the stress of the impending election and dealing with the risks of CV himself.

Your points are well made, especually the one about not knowing other people's situations/cirucmstances. Sometimes people are quick to judge others without any appreciation of what position they are in.

I think the concerns that Sprucey has expressed, is not just about catching CV-19.

But pre and asymptotic transmission. Something that some people may not fully appreciate. Especially young people that seems to think even if they get it, they will be fine.

So the best way to reduce CV 19, is to restrict proximity and contact to other humans.
That doesn’t change based on Government rules and tiers.

Just because a massively incompetent Government says you can do something, sometimes you can still choose not to do it.

Anyhoo,
I am hoping for quieter traffic and some un-seasonally mild weather for the next month or so, to get some more cycling miles in.
Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 18:05 - Nov 2 with 774 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 20:14 - Nov 1 by 26_Paz

I have some pretty strong anti lock down views but I would never joke about this stuff.

During the first lockdown I viewed this site quite a bit, just to see what people were talking about. On one such visit you were in a deep conversation with somebody about the spread of Covid.
You said something like, The under 40s should be allowed out and go to the pub, because it was the elderly who were spreading the virus. You said that it was against all the science and that the under 40s were not part of the problem. I cannot remember it word for word, but it was something along those lines.
Now, here is the IRONY of your posts.
Somebody pointed out that you agreed with a racist and homophobe. You claimed this wasn't the case. The person provided the evidence to say that you said it.
Somebody pointed out that you went on a pub crawl and got wrecked. You claimed this wasn't the case. The person provided the evidence to say that you did.
I said you joked about covid, you claimed you never. Saying that the under 40s should be able to do as they like as they were not the spreaders was obviously taking the p1ss out of a very serious situation.
Now, for the double IRONY.
When ever anybody as you for the evidence to the rubbish you are saying, we get NOTHING in return. You go on about the science and numbers, yet when the evidence is asked for, NOTHING. You ask for evidence, it is provided. When we ask for evidence from you, we get NOTHING.
Corona is a very serious and real virus that has already claimed 10s of thousands of lives in this country, hence the sometimes touchy atmosphere on her.
The "Wolves" are not out to get you, we would just like some answers to the cr@p that you spout. YOU ask for evidence, it is GIVEN. WE ask for evidence, we get NOTHING.
Surely even you can see why some people, myself included are fed up with the rubbish that comes out of your mouth. Hope that clears some of it up for you.
Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 18:15 - Nov 2 with 767 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 18:05 - Nov 2 by IpswichBoyBlue

During the first lockdown I viewed this site quite a bit, just to see what people were talking about. On one such visit you were in a deep conversation with somebody about the spread of Covid.
You said something like, The under 40s should be allowed out and go to the pub, because it was the elderly who were spreading the virus. You said that it was against all the science and that the under 40s were not part of the problem. I cannot remember it word for word, but it was something along those lines.
Somebody pointed out that you agreed with a racist and homophobe. You claimed this wasn't the case. The person provided the evidence to say that you said it.
Somebody pointed out that you went on a pub crawl and got wrecked. You claimed this wasn't the case. The person provided the evidence to say that you did.
I said you joked about covid, you claimed you never. Saying that the under 40s should be able to do as they like as they were not the spreaders was obviously taking the p1ss out of a very serious situation.
When ever anybody as you for the evidence to the rubbish you are saying, we get NOTHING in return. You go on about the science and numbers, yet when the evidence is asked for, NOTHING. You ask for evidence, it is provided. When we ask for evidence from you, we get NOTHING.
Corona is a very serious and real virus that has already claimed 10s of thousands of lives in this country, hence the sometimes touchy atmosphere on her.
The "Wolves" are not out to get you, we would just like some answers to the cr@p that you spout. YOU ask for evidence, it is GIVEN. WE ask for evidence, we get NOTHING.
Surely even you can see why some people, myself included are fed up with the rubbish that comes out of your mouth. Hope that clears some of it up for you.

As far as I know, Paz has never denied going on the pub crawl. He literally was the one who brought it up in the first place.

I feel you and others would feel better about things if you just whacked him on ignore because none of the rest of us want to see the same old arguments between you lot and Paz every single day on the same subjects. It’s boring. He’s said some stupid things and he was rightly challenged on them. But there’s now a lot of threads that he’s brought into, or mentioned and the same stuff comes up. Makes the forum somewhat tiresome - and that’s coming from someone who’s got no axe to grind on the matter.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 18:22 - Nov 2 with 760 viewsSpruceMoose

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 18:15 - Nov 2 by The_Romford_Blue

As far as I know, Paz has never denied going on the pub crawl. He literally was the one who brought it up in the first place.

I feel you and others would feel better about things if you just whacked him on ignore because none of the rest of us want to see the same old arguments between you lot and Paz every single day on the same subjects. It’s boring. He’s said some stupid things and he was rightly challenged on them. But there’s now a lot of threads that he’s brought into, or mentioned and the same stuff comes up. Makes the forum somewhat tiresome - and that’s coming from someone who’s got no axe to grind on the matter.

I appreciate all that, but I think there's an argument to be made that if we ignore mistruths they don't just go away, they just go unchallenged. If we allow that then before you know it this place ends up like the Ipswich Star comments or Facebook or the rest of the bloody internet - overrun with loons.

Opinions may vary on whether that's more or less tedious than seeing me call the same posters a jebend over and over though.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 18:23]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 18:45 - Nov 2 with 735 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 18:15 - Nov 2 by The_Romford_Blue

I won't be putting anybody on ignore. He is free to talk about just about anything. The only thing I ask of him is that if he demands evidence and it is given, that he provides the evidence when challenged. That isn't an unreasonable request and certainly not bullying of any kind. I am sure he doesn't mean it, but as I have said many times before, there are those of us who work with or have lost loved ones due to Corona Virus. I just wish he would remember that before saying some of the stuff he does. I will try and be more receptive of him, but I hope he realizes that he cannot say what he likes without being questioned.
Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 18:50 - Nov 2 with 732 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 16:41 - Nov 1 by gazzer1999

You are quite correct about lies, I have seen it for years across all sides. Incompetence, yes but only with the benefit of hindsight. Corruption brown envelopes.
It was the red wall that got him where he is so who's to blame?
Stop calling me a right winger please, I'm left footed and can't play there.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 16:42]

"Incompetence, yes, but only with the benefit of hindsight."

No. Not true at all. New Zealand got it right without the benefit of hindsight. Most of the countries in Asia got it more right than us. Most of the countries in Africa got it more right than us.

And, even in this country, one of the candidates for the Tory Party leadership who was beaten by Boris, said this well before Boris acted:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1254303/Coronavirus-latest-UK-news-South-Korea

That's a link to a Tory newspaper, about a Tory politician. One of those old-fashioned Tory politicians who realises that they actually have to do the work as well as spin the lines.

Boris sacked him by text. Deselected, not allowed to be a Tory MP any more. Purged from the Party and the Parliament. Unable to contribute in this crisis and dig Boris out of his mess.

Boris got it very wrong. Other British politicians would have got it right. And politicians in other countries did get it right.

Boris has performed better than Trump over this, granted, but that is a phenomenally low bar.
Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 11:25 - Nov 3 with 610 views26_Paz

Paz and his Pals wonder why. on 18:05 - Nov 2 by IpswichBoyBlue

I have never made a joke about corona virus. I’m not sure how suggesting the under 40s should not be locked down constitutes a joke. I agree with what Romford has said about me having the same arguments with the same people over and over and apologise to the posters who find this irksome. Will be modifying my posting now this has been pointed out to me.

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024