Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember was our reserves v their first team 17:44 - Nov 7 with 1747 viewsreusersfreekicks

Perspective people
Remember was our reserves v their first team on 17:46 - Nov 7 with 1729 viewsPlums

Why was it our reserves? It is the job of a football club to compete in the competitions it enters. We’re not Real Madrid.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 17:46 - Nov 7 with 1725 viewshomer_123

Huws...Nolan....Norwood....Judge.....Edwards.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 17:53 - Nov 7 with 1688 viewsSwansea_Blue

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 17:46 - Nov 7 by Plums

Why was it our reserves? It is the job of a football club to compete in the competitions it enters. We’re not Real Madrid.

Too fkn right. Failed to get passed the 1st round of the FA Cup. SBR will be turning in his grave.

And we all know how resting the team works out from last season. AND they've got 2 weeks off now anyway. There's no reason to not put out a strong team to try to win that game today. We may still have screwed up, but at least give the impression to the fans, players, owner that you give a sh*t about being competitive.

I'm not happy . Just when he'd earnt a rare bit of good will this season, he's starting to throw it all away again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 17:55 - Nov 7 with 1676 viewsBlueBadger

From today's starting XI, Nsiala, Nolan, Kenlock, Huws, Hawkins and Sears have featured regularly in the starting XI in the league. McGuinness too, has recently broken into the first team.

On top of that, all four of our subs are first team regulars.

Stop making excuses for incompetence.
Lambert out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 17:55 - Nov 7 with 1670 viewsRyorry

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 17:53 - Nov 7 by Swansea_Blue

Too fkn right. Failed to get passed the 1st round of the FA Cup. SBR will be turning in his grave.

And we all know how resting the team works out from last season. AND they've got 2 weeks off now anyway. There's no reason to not put out a strong team to try to win that game today. We may still have screwed up, but at least give the impression to the fans, players, owner that you give a sh*t about being competitive.

I'm not happy . Just when he'd earnt a rare bit of good will this season, he's starting to throw it all away again.

Good case Swansea, good case 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 17:56 - Nov 7 with 1654 viewsPippin1970

Have to disagree we should be playing our best 11 and it does effect confidence a few loses. Especially last minute one.
Remember was our reserves v their first team on 17:56 - Nov 7 with 1649 viewsSwansea_Blue

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 17:55 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

From today's starting XI, Nsiala, Nolan, Kenlock, Huws, Hawkins and Sears have featured regularly in the starting XI in the league. McGuinness too, has recently broken into the first team.

On top of that, all four of our subs are first team regulars.

Stop making excuses for incompetence.
Lambert out.

One Donacien is worth -3 regulars though

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:00 - Nov 7 with 1610 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 17:46 - Nov 7 by homer_123

Huws...Nolan....Norwood....Judge.....Edwards.

If we were picking our best available side Cornell, Donacien, Kenlock, Huws, Sears, Bennetts and McGavin would not have started. We made 9 changes from the side we put out on Tuesday. It is difficult to argue this was more than a slightly strengthened reserve team.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:01 - Nov 7 with 1602 viewsjayessess

Perspective: We've won one game against a team as good as Portsmouth in *18 Months*.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:04 - Nov 7 with 1581 viewsSwansea_Blue

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 17:55 - Nov 7 by Ryorry

Good case Swansea, good case 👍

I've always been annoyed by Lambert's approach the cups. It's as someone else said, we're not Real Madrid with a B squad of full internationals. There was only about half a team out today, but there's a big difference between our first picks and the backups. And it's more about the message it sends out. It says to me that he couldn't give a monkeys about the cups. Our two greatest achievements have been in cups.

Annoys me more than it should probably, but I want to know we've gone into every game giving the best go we can. And 2 weeks off now. Some of our first teamers will have had nearly 3 weeks off by the time they next play. It was this approach that took us off the rails last season.

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:05 - Nov 7 with 1577 viewslmfcblue

How was that our reserves? All 1st team squad players apart from 1 or 2 and what I did see of 1 of them (Mcgavin) he should be a starter for the 1st team
Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:06 - Nov 7 with 1567 viewspointofblue

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:04 - Nov 7 by Swansea_Blue

I've always been annoyed by Lambert's approach the cups. It's as someone else said, we're not Real Madrid with a B squad of full internationals. There was only about half a team out today, but there's a big difference between our first picks and the backups. And it's more about the message it sends out. It says to me that he couldn't give a monkeys about the cups. Our two greatest achievements have been in cups.

Annoys me more than it should probably, but I want to know we've gone into every game giving the best go we can. And 2 weeks off now. Some of our first teamers will have had nearly 3 weeks off by the time they next play. It was this approach that took us off the rails last season.

Lambert’s no different from Mick in this respect - I can only think it’s an instruction from the above to ignore the cup and focus on the league.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:11 - Nov 7 with 1538 viewsPlums

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:04 - Nov 7 by Swansea_Blue

Absolutely spot on. Strategically today was a disaster.
We lost to a promotion rival.
We’re out of a major competition.
As you say, lots of players have nearly three weeks off.
We’ve lost two in a week - that’s the wrong momentum to be building, especially going into a break.
Lots of fans who don’t normally watch - did - and saw just how poor we are.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:12 - Nov 7 with 1522 viewsChris_Knights

What an absolute muppet .... you have no idea what you’re talking about.... when you put something on here have the good grace to back it up with at least one brain cell.

Ipswich Town are a dying club sponsored by Marcus Evans and managed by Paul Lambert .... no plan ... no direction... no investment ... Reserve side ? What an absolutely pathetic comment m
Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:13 - Nov 7 with 1519 viewsbackwaywhen

I will make a judgement on Dec 12th at 5pm , not sure if result will differ greatly !
Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:16 - Nov 7 with 1502 viewsChurchman

4 defeats in 6 games. Of those games, we didn’t deserve to win one of the ones we did (mighty Crewe) and might have deserved a point from the other (Sunlun). So, what we deserved was 5 points from 5 games and booted out of the cup. That’s the perspective I see and for me it is unacceptable.

Are the players hopeless? Some are some aren’t. Is the manager hopeless? Errrr, obviously. Is the club a mess? Has been for years. So where do we go from here? On current trajectory down to Div 2 in a few years or out of business. Something needs to change and fast, but how we climb out of this nightmare, goodness only knows.
Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:16 - Nov 7 with 1500 viewsSwansea_Blue

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:06 - Nov 7 by pointofblue

Lambert’s no different from Mick in this respect - I can only think it’s an instruction from the above to ignore the cup and focus on the league.

Yeah that's true. I'd be surprised if Evans was giving that sort of instruction though.

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:23 - Nov 7 with 1478 viewsreusersfreekicks

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:05 - Nov 7 by lmfcblue

How was that our reserves? All 1st team squad players apart from 1 or 2 and what I did see of 1 of them (Mcgavin) he should be a starter for the 1st team

Err reserves are first team squad players!
Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:32 - Nov 7 with 1448 viewspointofblue

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:05 - Nov 7 by lmfcblue

From those available our current first XI seems to be/would probably be Holy, Chambers, Ward, Nsiala, McGuinness, Huws, Nolan, Bishop, Lankester, Edwards, Hawkins. Six of those started today but the other five are probably more important to us and the way we play.

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:46 - Nov 7 with 1416 viewslmfcblue

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:23 - Nov 7 by reusersfreekicks

Err reserves are first team squad players!

Really? So all the U23’s/reserves are first team squad players?
Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:52 - Nov 7 with 1379 viewsBent_double

I'd send that team out against Crawley , see if any of them can actually pull their fingers out of their backsides and prove they're good players.

Sick to death of losing, can't we just have some success for a change?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:53 - Nov 7 with 1377 viewslmfcblue

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:32 - Nov 7 by pointofblue

From those available our current first XI seems to be/would probably be Holy, Chambers, Ward, Nsiala, McGuinness, Huws, Nolan, Bishop, Lankester, Edwards, Hawkins. Six of those started today but the other five are probably more important to us and the way we play.

Yes agreed he could’ve put a stronger team out but it wasn’t made up of U23’s/reserves like some are saying.
Personally I think he had to play some of these lads, imagine playing Bishop Ward and they get injured. Got such a big fixture list coming up. the league has to be a priority.
Remember was our reserves v their first team on 19:00 - Nov 7 with 1356 viewsWD19

Good news. I am looking forward to Stuart Taylor coming back into the hot seat for the next came....
Remember was our reserves v their first team on 19:02 - Nov 7 with 1345 viewspointofblue

Remember was our reserves v their first team on 18:53 - Nov 7 by lmfcblue

Yes agreed he could’ve put a stronger team out but it wasn’t made up of U23’s/reserves like some are saying.
Personally I think he had to play some of these lads, imagine playing Bishop Ward and they get injured. Got such a big fixture list coming up. the league has to be a priority.

I suppose that’s what Portsmouth are facing now - they won but lost two players to injury and could have had a third suspended.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024