Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side 17:04 - Nov 21 with 5350 viewsitfcjoe

Obviously always happy to win, but does feel like a result that does us more harm than good in the long run.

Last 3 home victories could all have gone the other way, let's see what this week brings

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:20 - Nov 21 with 1917 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:12 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

I thought we were poor after the goals, so many errors and so lucky to win that one.

It was the sort of game I struggled to retain interest in and felt genuinely sad when watching it

I was exactly the same. Was playing football on my phone a fair bit and not giving the real match my full attention.

There's no urgency, little desire, and we seem like a ponderous bunch of strangers at times. I'm beginning to think time's up for Lambert, because against such a weak team that was really really poor.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:42 - Nov 21 with 1717 viewsgernon

Agree it papers over the cracks.

But one problem with lockdown football is without the matchday experience a fan's role is reduced to sterile analysis of the performance. Leaving the ground after that I would have been buzzing a nicking a late win - not saying I'd think it was a good performance but still there'd be that emotional element which is ultimately what makes football worthwhile for a lot of people.
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:50 - Nov 21 with 1661 viewspatrickswell

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:09 - Nov 21 by davblue

Biggest thing for me was the lack of reaction from the players to the goal you would have thought they were going to be all together going crazy. Then at the end of the game, just nothing didn’t even look that happy.

Might be the camera man but it looked totally flat.

Another worrying performance, Lambert is done, as a football man you can’t sit there and watch that and think that’s a team that will get promoted. Again we are getting results but the indicator of performance is way down.

I wouldn’t read too much into the body language. I expect that they know they played poorly and in an empty stadium they don’t have the relieved cheers of the crowd to feed off.
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:53 - Nov 21 with 1645 viewscatch74

Tell you what, we missed Edwards as an outlet today didn’t we.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:59 - Nov 21 with 1622 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Agreed. A loss today followed by what would have surely then been defeats to Hull and Charlton might have forced Evans hand. Today's points effectively mean we're still going to be in and around it even if we lose the next two. There's no improvement. we're just going through the motions and will very likely finish about 8th.
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 18:47 - Nov 21 with 1562 viewsdavblue

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:50 - Nov 21 by patrickswell

I wouldn’t read too much into the body language. I expect that they know they played poorly and in an empty stadium they don’t have the relieved cheers of the crowd to feed off.

It was Still a 97 minute winner that you would almost think was a consolation goal.
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 18:47 - Nov 21 with 1562 viewsChrisd

It doesn’t bode well. These type of performance are becoming the norm for us under PL.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 19:00 - Nov 21 with 1545 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:16 - Nov 21 by TheTrueBlue1878

I don’t think we knicked as such.

We had chances to win that. Think we ended up with 14/15 attempts, 70% of the ball.

We had chances to win that but felt as though we weren’t clinical enough today.

Concede a goal after 4 minutes, gives a side like them something to hang on to.

Didn’t really get going opening 15 at all, no surprise it took until last 15 to breakthrough.

I know what you mean but ultimately the equaliser was a fluke and the winner came in the 97th minute and I don’t think that anyone knows where the ref got that from.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 22:32 - Nov 21 with 1508 viewsPhilTWTD

It's alive!
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 22:36 - Nov 21 with 1501 viewsFrimleyBlue

Lankesters goal reminded me of Keith Andrews brace under Jewell.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 23:09 - Nov 21 with 1456 viewsRocky

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 19:00 - Nov 21 by southnorfolkblue

I know what you mean but ultimately the equaliser was a fluke and the winner came in the 97th minute and I don’t think that anyone knows where the ref got that from.

I didn't have a problem with 7 minutes. Apart from all the substitutes, their goalkeeper spent about 5 minutes taking goal kicks.
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 23:47 - Nov 21 with 1418 viewsSitfcB

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 22:32 - Nov 21 by PhilTWTD

It's alive!

See a doctor.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 23:54 - Nov 21 with 1416 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 19:00 - Nov 21 by southnorfolkblue

To be honest I’d take any goal with 15 minutes to go, to break the barrier of team that sat and countered.

Off the top of my head now though. First half Lankester, Sears both had good chances, second half McGuinness good chance, Judge defied physics to not score.

I think for us, at our level it wasn’t horrendous. I think opinions or expectations about where and what we are as a club are a little too high. But the sad reality is we are a 11th-8th League 1 side, and then sort of teams don’t steamroll other teams week after week. Sometimes average L1 sides get scrappy wins at home, another time we will lose that one. It’s just where we are as a football club.

I think some could do with lowering expectations a little.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 23:54]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 00:04 - Nov 22 with 1405 viewspistonbroke

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 17:59 - Nov 21 by mattyhollandsirish

Agreed. A loss today followed by what would have surely then been defeats to Hull and Charlton might have forced Evans hand. Today's points effectively mean we're still going to be in and around it even if we lose the next two. There's no improvement. we're just going through the motions and will very likely finish about 8th.

You seem to have the power to look into the future , can you tell us next weeks lottery numbers
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:07 - Nov 22 with 1332 viewsitfcjoe

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 23:54 - Nov 21 by TheTrueBlue1878

To be honest I’d take any goal with 15 minutes to go, to break the barrier of team that sat and countered.

Off the top of my head now though. First half Lankester, Sears both had good chances, second half McGuinness good chance, Judge defied physics to not score.

I think for us, at our level it wasn’t horrendous. I think opinions or expectations about where and what we are as a club are a little too high. But the sad reality is we are a 11th-8th League 1 side, and then sort of teams don’t steamroll other teams week after week. Sometimes average L1 sides get scrappy wins at home, another time we will lose that one. It’s just where we are as a football club.

If we are an 11th-8th L1 side then it’s a failure of management and we need a change as that isn’t good enough this season

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:10 - Nov 22 with 1325 viewsHerbivore

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 23:54 - Nov 21 by TheTrueBlue1878

Yesterday during the game you said we looked "awful" and were calling for changes at half time (which didn't come). Second half was no better, other than two very lucky goals that were gifted to us. Now you've decided to change your tune and revert back to your nonsense line of midtable being our natural level. Got to be honest, I'm pretty sure you're just here on the wind up at this point. Your opinion blows in the wind towards whatever might get you a reaction. You've fabricated def info in the past as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:18 - Nov 22 with 1316 viewstractorboy1978

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:07 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

If we are an 11th-8th L1 side then it’s a failure of management and we need a change as that isn’t good enough this season

The problem we have is that ME will not react until it is too late. I think league position should be pretty irrelevant in his decision at this stage, there is 3 points between 2nd and 8th and 5 points between 1st and 8th. A couple of good results and you could be top, a couple of bad results and you are outside the top 6. We have to be seeing the bigger picture here that we aren't playing well enough.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 8:25]
Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:26 - Nov 22 with 1303 viewsChrisd

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:07 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

Alan Shearer was talking about Newcastle's tepid performance against Chelsea last night on MOTD and though he acknowledged Steve Bruce is the one installing the tactics being the manager, it's the players on the field that should be doing more in closing down, moving the ball quicker, breaking with purpose, having shots on target etc.. I certainly agree PL shortcomings are being exposed again and we desperately need a change as we aren't going anywhere, but the players aren't exempt from criticism. When you have 'certain' senior players consistently not delivering there's no excuse for that.

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:30 - Nov 22 with 1287 viewsHerbivore

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:26 - Nov 22 by Chrisd

Alan Shearer was talking about Newcastle's tepid performance against Chelsea last night on MOTD and though he acknowledged Steve Bruce is the one installing the tactics being the manager, it's the players on the field that should be doing more in closing down, moving the ball quicker, breaking with purpose, having shots on target etc.. I certainly agree PL shortcomings are being exposed again and we desperately need a change as we aren't going anywhere, but the players aren't exempt from criticism. When you have 'certain' senior players consistently not delivering there's no excuse for that.

Which senior players aren't delivering consistently? Judge and Sears I'd say that applies to, but it begs the question why the manager then keeps picking them regardless of how poorly they play. We have other options in their positions.

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:31 - Nov 22 with 1287 viewsitfcjoe

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:26 - Nov 22 by Chrisd

But if those players aren’t doing enough, then why is the manager playing them? There are other options in every position

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:36 - Nov 22 with 1267 viewsChrisd

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:30 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

Which senior players aren't delivering consistently? Judge and Sears I'd say that applies to, but it begs the question why the manager then keeps picking them regardless of how poorly they play. We have other options in their positions.

Certainly those two. I expect more from senior players and it doesn't matter who the manager is as they have the experience to deliver regardless. When you're PL and you need the results, you invariably go with experience rather than youth or inexperienced players because you trust them more, but those two just aren't delivering. You're right, others need to be given their head now, FS and AJ have had countless opportunities and are consistently coming up short.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 9:54]

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:58 - Nov 22 with 1231 viewsHerbivore

Absolutely nicked that one against a very poor side on 08:36 - Nov 22 by Chrisd

Certainly those two. I expect more from senior players and it doesn't matter who the manager is as they have the experience to deliver regardless. When you're PL and you need the results, you invariably go with experience rather than youth or inexperienced players because you trust them more, but those two just aren't delivering. You're right, others need to be given their head now, FS and AJ have had countless opportunities and are consistently coming up short.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 9:54]

Judge has been poor for over a year now though and Sears has had only a couple of decent performances since his injury. Any manager worth their salt wouldn't keep persisting with them, especially when we have talented players that can offer more dynamism in their positions. Whichever way you slice it, continually picking them when they aren't performing is all on Lambert.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024