Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert anticipating his sacking? 11:02 - Nov 27 with 3457 viewsCokeIsKey

“They’ve had so many years of things going up and down. They’re not happy with ownership, managers... everything like that. But we’re here to do our best. Whether that ends tomorrow, whether it ends Monday or Tuesday, we’ll do our best. The guys have given me absolutely everything. They are better players now than what they were when we first came in, that’s for sure.”

“As I’ve said before, and I’ll say it again, if Marcus came to me today or tomorrow and said whatever... nae problem, I can’t do nothing about that, I can’t influence that. What we try to do is get the best out of the guys."

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 14:03 - Nov 27 with 529 viewsfabian_illness

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 13:07 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

The difference being that if any of us were this bad at our jobs we'd have been sacked by now with no massive pay off.

If you had a massive payout written into your contract, you’d get it.

By the way, thanks for the childish down vote for my opinion, means a lot.
Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 14:12 - Nov 27 with 513 viewsHerbivore

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 14:03 - Nov 27 by fabian_illness

If you had a massive payout written into your contract, you’d get it.

By the way, thanks for the childish down vote for my opinion, means a lot.

This one was for your snarky tone.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 14:17 - Nov 27 with 512 viewsclive_baker

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 13:09 - Nov 27 by LankHenners

He certainly doesn't come across as very bright in an emotional sense. All a bit 'grumpy teenager' whenever he's asked a difficult question (and they're not even 'difficult', just a fair question about results, performances etc.) and some of the stuff he says is just bizarre as you say.

All with a determination to adhere to an 'old school' type of management which doesn't wash with a younger generation.

Quite. Generally speaking successful managers are relatively smart, if not book smart they tend to be emotionally smart to get the best out of their subordinates. Whether that's football management or any other industry it's the same principles. Lambert certainly doesn't strike me as the more cerebral, student of the game tactician in the Wenger mould (I think Culverhouse was more that side of things), and he doesn't strike me as a great man manager in the MM mould or Redknapp mould where they have the emotional intelligence to put an arm around a shoulder or a rocket up a backside. I don't really get what his niche is.

I wont name names but one member of our squad in particular has never had a 1 to 1 with Lambert in the 2 years he's been in charge. I can't get my head around that, especially as he's a senior player now that's started a lot of our games this season. Lambert just strikes me as a bit of grumpy Glaswegian who goes through the motions.

I worry that we just accept that we have to be crap now. Thanks to Hurst and Lambert, and a lesser extent Jewel we almost, by association, think we're destined for crapness whoever is in charge. It really doesn't have to be this way. We've seen what appointing a proper manager can achieve in Mick. We're well placed to challenge with the right management team, it's so frustrating.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 14:29 - Nov 27 with 479 viewsArnieM

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:07 - Nov 27 by TractorWood

Just screams pay me out.

he's lost interest hasn't he !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 14:37 - Nov 27 with 470 viewsArnieM

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:30 - Nov 27 by clive_baker

Without wanting to be rude, does anyone else think Lambert just isn't very bright? I mean he's not articulate, and coming out with things like this just leaves you scratching your head. How can a manager say for the best part of a year that they don't care if they're sacked, and expect the squad to be engaged. There's so much poor man management and I really don't think it's a cynical thing of him wanting the sack, I actually just don't think he's very bright.

I think he's possibly just run out of spin, Clive. Also I think HE is definitely feeling the pressure no matter what he says. He's only got the league to worry about now ....and I still say there are clauses in his contract which will see him out the door soon. He seems almost resigned to it now , body language , post and pre match quotes. I dunno ..... Hurry up Marcus ffs !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

POTW (n/t) on 14:39 - Nov 27 with 469 viewsDyland

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 14:17 - Nov 27 by clive_baker

Quite. Generally speaking successful managers are relatively smart, if not book smart they tend to be emotionally smart to get the best out of their subordinates. Whether that's football management or any other industry it's the same principles. Lambert certainly doesn't strike me as the more cerebral, student of the game tactician in the Wenger mould (I think Culverhouse was more that side of things), and he doesn't strike me as a great man manager in the MM mould or Redknapp mould where they have the emotional intelligence to put an arm around a shoulder or a rocket up a backside. I don't really get what his niche is.

I wont name names but one member of our squad in particular has never had a 1 to 1 with Lambert in the 2 years he's been in charge. I can't get my head around that, especially as he's a senior player now that's started a lot of our games this season. Lambert just strikes me as a bit of grumpy Glaswegian who goes through the motions.

I worry that we just accept that we have to be crap now. Thanks to Hurst and Lambert, and a lesser extent Jewel we almost, by association, think we're destined for crapness whoever is in charge. It really doesn't have to be this way. We've seen what appointing a proper manager can achieve in Mick. We're well placed to challenge with the right management team, it's so frustrating.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 14:52 - Nov 27 with 448 viewsKeaneish

Doesn’t matter if you think individuals are better than what they were when you walked in if they can’t gel consistently as a team.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 15:08 - Nov 27 with 434 viewsGeoffSentence

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 12:43 - Nov 27 by wkj

The project has been long for so long now, I am curious when we're actually going to start working on it. I do agree with you all the same though.

We could be talking Snoasis style long term project here, in that it might actually start 15 years after it was first considered and maybe, possibly could finish at some time.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 15:19 - Nov 27 with 419 viewsBeckets

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 14:29 - Nov 27 by ArnieM

he's lost interest hasn't he !

Agreed and that must transmit to the players. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a manager who you knew was as pissed off after a defeat as we all are....I haven’t felt like that since Jim was here.
Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 15:32 - Nov 27 with 407 viewsTieDyedIn95

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:04 - Nov 27 by homer_123

"I can’t influence that"

Oh yes you can Paul.....you absolutely can influence whether you stay in your job or not.

He also cannot get blood from a stone.

Our team is performing at the exact standard you would expect. Aside from playing for us when we sank like a stone from the Championship, the majority of our squad has played almost exclusively in League One, Two and National League throughout their careers and I think aside from Skuse, Chambers and Judge I don't think they have a single career promotion to the Championship between them. That says it all. Holy, Wilson, Toto, Nolan, Jackson, Norwood and co are bang average players at this level, Chambers, Skuse and Ward are too old, and mix that in with youth players and our underfunded sports science area and its a cocktail for failure.

Blame managers all you like, we came down with the majority of these players already on the books because we were the 5th or 6th poorest paying side in the Championship and we paid some of the lowest fees for players in that league. That was Evans doing. You can only get so much out of tactics and set ups, you need the quality players to make it work too and that's where we are lacking massively and have been for years.

Until Evans goes we're going to keep changing managers and keep dropping. Evans is the problem.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 15:35 - Nov 27 with 395 viewsHerbivore

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 15:32 - Nov 27 by TieDyedIn95

Our team is performing at the exact standard you would expect. Aside from playing for us when we sank like a stone from the Championship, the majority of our squad has played almost exclusively in League One, Two and National League throughout their careers and I think aside from Skuse, Chambers and Judge I don't think they have a single career promotion to the Championship between them. That says it all. Holy, Wilson, Toto, Nolan, Jackson, Norwood and co are bang average players at this level, Chambers, Skuse and Ward are too old, and mix that in with youth players and our underfunded sports science area and its a cocktail for failure.

Blame managers all you like, we came down with the majority of these players already on the books because we were the 5th or 6th poorest paying side in the Championship and we paid some of the lowest fees for players in that league. That was Evans doing. You can only get so much out of tactics and set ups, you need the quality players to make it work too and that's where we are lacking massively and have been for years.

Until Evans goes we're going to keep changing managers and keep dropping. Evans is the problem.

This squad is more than good enough to get out of this division. Stop with the excuses, Paul.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 15:48 - Nov 27 with 380 viewsMrTown

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 15:35 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

This squad is more than good enough to get out of this division. Stop with the excuses, Paul.

I'm not going to go overboard and say this squad is outstanding, because I don't think it is (I'm not saying you have said that by the way).

But regardless of that, we are still poorly coached, forget technical ability, just on basic organisation and structure.

Even a team like Accrington came down here this year, and looked more organised (coached) than us

Rochdale came down here this year and looked more organised (coached) than us.

The player quality I guess is up interpretation, the organsation and coaching of this squad is not, it is truly abysmal, 2 years in! - der oh der, nae normal.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 08:17 - Nov 28 with 274 viewsTractorWood

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 15:32 - Nov 27 by TieDyedIn95

I think your points are valid. The only point I take issue with is the players combined not being good enough to get promoted. This is a league Rotherham normally get out of pretty comfortably.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 08:45 - Nov 28 with 254 viewsthebooks

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:26 - Nov 27 by fabian_illness

So many words used to describe a man doing his job.
He’s not a w****r or a t****r or any of the other expletives people use to make their point.
He’s clearly struggling, but I believe him when he says they are doing everything they can.
He’s no different to any of us doing our jobs and I still believe he deserves a little respect, as we all would expect at work.

Banners? No thanks, let’s try and show a bit more class.

I agree with this mainly, although the bitterness is just what happens whenever anything goes wrong at a football club. I don’t think he’s unpleasant and he has tried really hard; it obviously means a lot to him.

It’s painful seeing similar interviews at other clubs — it must drive you nuts going through the same failures again and again.

We should remember how he got things right when he came in after Hurst. Of course, that came back to bite us as we were blinded to just how poor we were in the relegation season.

I thought the BA banner was quite nicely done. Fans got a right to have their say — what would you rather they did? Write a politely worded letter to Lee O’Neill?
Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 09:30 - Nov 28 with 231 viewshaynes_toe1

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:15 - Nov 27 by MrTown

One of, if not the, most undercoached team I've seen at Ipswich.

To think he has been here over 2 years now.

And to think you used to tell me my anti Lambert stance was wrong continually
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024