Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) 10:16 - Dec 1 with 5061 viewschrismakin

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 12:20 - Dec 1 with 638 viewsgeg1992

Awesome work everyone, I will now donate also, although I'm not sure if I can resist not watching it.

However, a thought - if we do this for every game that people intend to boycott, we could all really help to change peoples lives. The situation doesn't seem to be changing soon with Lee's statement on Lambert. Perhaps we could create a poll after each match to suggest the chosen match charity.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 12:23 - Dec 1 with 633 viewsSpruceMoose

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 12:17 - Dec 1 by footers

Sorry, who are you?

Ask yer mum.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 12:24 - Dec 1 with 629 viewsfooters

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 12:23 - Dec 1 by SpruceMoose

Ask yer mum.

Textbook.

Well played.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 12:25 - Dec 1 with 621 viewsDinDjarin

My 10 quid already gone to the charity.

Doubt I will listen on the radio either. Sick of the club at the moment.
How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 12:42 - Dec 1 with 576 viewsArnoldMoorhen

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 12:24 - Dec 1 by footers

Textbook.

Well played.

Works equally well as a reply to the thread title!
How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 13:02 - Dec 1 with 554 viewsArnoldMoorhen

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 12:04 - Dec 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't think I've ever seen him but my gf reckons he's her favourite comedian, so with this recommendation as well he'd better be good!

OK, so I've massively raised expectations which may not be helpful as this is his least staged work for a very long time, his whole manner and look can come across as slightly ramshackle, and he has a stammer which usually manifests itself a couple of times in a performance.

But here's what you need to know about him going in (No Spoilers for Dot.Dot.Dot):

He had a part in Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights, then won the Perrier. He declared that Kay was such a c*** that he would hate to become like that, turned down tv offers and has ploughed his own furrow ever since.

He still does stand up (explosively powerful) but his main work now is a series of one man story-telling shows/plays in which he finds beauty and love in the most mundane actions of ordinary people's lives. There is a plaintiveness to his work. I'd say that the closest comparison I can find is the French film director Jeunet, but Jeunet without the visuals. Amelie as told by a bearded bloke from Barnsley with a stutter on a bare stage.

Dot.Dot.Dot deviates from this normal pattern in that instead of being a fictional work it is a retelling of his lockdown experiences.
How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 13:05 - Dec 1 with 550 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 13:02 - Dec 1 by ArnoldMoorhen

OK, so I've massively raised expectations which may not be helpful as this is his least staged work for a very long time, his whole manner and look can come across as slightly ramshackle, and he has a stammer which usually manifests itself a couple of times in a performance.

But here's what you need to know about him going in (No Spoilers for Dot.Dot.Dot):

He had a part in Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights, then won the Perrier. He declared that Kay was such a c*** that he would hate to become like that, turned down tv offers and has ploughed his own furrow ever since.

He still does stand up (explosively powerful) but his main work now is a series of one man story-telling shows/plays in which he finds beauty and love in the most mundane actions of ordinary people's lives. There is a plaintiveness to his work. I'd say that the closest comparison I can find is the French film director Jeunet, but Jeunet without the visuals. Amelie as told by a bearded bloke from Barnsley with a stutter on a bare stage.

Dot.Dot.Dot deviates from this normal pattern in that instead of being a fictional work it is a retelling of his lockdown experiences.

Thanks! I shall report back tomorrow how it went.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 13:36 - Dec 1 with 531 viewsLeBlue

I've donated and gift-aided.

Will probably still feel compelled to watch the game though but well done Footers for this - excellent idea and a worthy cause.
Login to get fewer ads

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 13:39 - Dec 1 with 520 viewsSwansea_Blue

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 12:16 - Dec 1 by Wallingford_Boy

I'm physically going!

Don't think there's enough room left for you on that roof rack. Looked a bit overloaded to me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 13:46 - Dec 1 with 509 viewsDarkblue

Donated and gift aided. Will probably listen on the radio.
How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 13:59 - Dec 1 with 481 viewsbobbyramsey

Done......

Approx 1600 quid in the kitty now, brilliant idea, great work by all involved.

#shamblesout
How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 14:01 - Dec 1 with 477 viewshoppy

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 13:39 - Dec 1 by Swansea_Blue

Don't think there's enough room left for you on that roof rack. Looked a bit overloaded to me.

He's bought himself a nice high-vis jacket and will be wearing a natty pair of tree-climbing sneakers.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 14:10 - Dec 1 with 465 viewsSwansea_Blue

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 14:01 - Dec 1 by hoppy

He's bought himself a nice high-vis jacket and will be wearing a natty pair of tree-climbing sneakers.

What a way to spend the evening. Stuck up a tree watching Cornell slice balls into touch

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 14:19 - Dec 1 with 449 viewsMeltonBlue

Nope, going to watch the last episode the undoing..
How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 14:21 - Dec 1 with 447 viewsPJH

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 14:10 - Dec 1 by Swansea_Blue

What a way to spend the evening. Stuck up a tree watching Cornell slice balls into touch

It would be nice if it was monsoon season as it was last January.
How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 08:45 - Dec 3 with 367 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

How many of you are not watching tonight (n/t) on 13:05 - Dec 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Thanks! I shall report back tomorrow how it went.

It was really good; very different to other comedy but very clever. He was in the Union Chapel on his own (which seemed mad as he could've done it at home, but he explained he was doing it in currently not used venues to help them out). He had a table in front of him covered in Post-It notes with pithy lines on them, then proceeded to spend the next 2 hours (non-stop) telling his story of lockdown, holding the Post-its up to the camera and the occasional Poloroid photo.

Less 'laugh out loud' gags, more thoughtful, gentle, humorous storytelling. It was captivating, and very original. I loved it.

EDIT: There's a review here;
https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2020/nov/02/dot-dot-dot-review-daniel-kitson-r

I think I made the right choice v the football.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 8:49]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024