Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland 16:21 - Dec 1 with 2658 viewsitfcjoe

Likely means one of the managers our fanbase would like to see replace Lambert will go there now

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:25 - Dec 1 with 2218 viewsCoco

Possibly but i think they will go unknown skinny suit foreigner or Kevin Phillips.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:26 - Dec 1 with 2220 viewshype313

Shame, although they have free rein to whoever they like as there isn't and won't be a vacancy here for a long while yet.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:29 - Dec 1 with 2181 viewsportmanking

Their TWTD-equivalent forum is stating that Cowley's are now due to be offered the job.

I will be FUMING if we miss the boat on those two all because of Evans' stupid fcking 5 year contract. The Cowley's would be tailor-made for rejuvenating this club, with an eye for the detail, humility and tactical nous. Not to mention it would mean they could live at their Essex homes (I believe some of their family support Town too?)
Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:30 - Dec 1 with 2151 viewshype313

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:29 - Dec 1 by portmanking

Their TWTD-equivalent forum is stating that Cowley's are now due to be offered the job.

I will be FUMING if we miss the boat on those two all because of Evans' stupid fcking 5 year contract. The Cowley's would be tailor-made for rejuvenating this club, with an eye for the detail, humility and tactical nous. Not to mention it would mean they could live at their Essex homes (I believe some of their family support Town too?)

If they get that gig, then I will be absolutely raging.

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:31 - Dec 1 with 2139 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe they'll come in for Lambert...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:33 - Dec 1 with 2113 viewsclive_baker

Not sure it's a great look for whoever goes in there to know they weren't the preferred choice.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:37 - Dec 1 with 2052 viewsKeno

Him and tracle are obviously saving themselves for Town

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:39 - Dec 1 with 2031 viewsSpruceMoose

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:37 - Dec 1 by Keno

Him and tracle are obviously saving themselves for Town

Isn't MT a flat earther?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:41 - Dec 1 with 2007 viewsMrTown

Looks as though applications have been flooding in to be fair. Big job, big club that.

Daniel Stendel, former Barnsley L1 manager when they were promoted has now applied.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:41 - Dec 1 with 1998 viewsKieran_Knows

4. More. Years.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:42 - Dec 1 with 1976 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:44 - Dec 1 with 1960 viewsDyland

What are you talking about? They'll be available again once Evans has let Lambert run down his contact :)

#jokebusinessITFC

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:51 - Dec 1 with 1917 viewsportmanking

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:44 - Dec 1 by Dyland

What are you talking about? They'll be available again once Evans has let Lambert run down his contact :)

#jokebusinessITFC

The problem Evans has is most of us might not be here in four years to celebrate it....
Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:56 - Dec 1 with 1868 viewsstrikalite

Surprised by that, I really can't see him getting a Championship job anytime soon, and forget the Premier League..
Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:57 - Dec 1 with 1857 viewsDyland

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:51 - Dec 1 by portmanking

The problem Evans has is most of us might not be here in four years to celebrate it....

Aye, me being one of them.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:57 - Dec 1 with 1854 viewshype313

The only caveat I would say is that if they are going for someone like Poyet, then Cowley's and Cook will be too unfashionable.

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:58 - Dec 1 with 1834 viewsOsborneOneNil

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:41 - Dec 1 by Kieran_Knows

4. More. Years.

Don't.
Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:59 - Dec 1 with 1836 viewsTieDyedIn95

People said that about the other fella they appointed from Scotland who had absolutely no track record here and did absolutely naff all with them either. I can't even remember his name but the rumor at the time was he turned us down because Sunderland offered more money. We appointed Hurst.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:59 - Dec 1 with 1829 viewsJammyDodgerrr

The fact that choice one was Gus Poyet probably suggests they have no idea who they want or are clued up on who is available, so not too worried.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 17:00 - Dec 1 with 1818 viewshype313

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 16:59 - Dec 1 by TieDyedIn95

People said that about the other fella they appointed from Scotland who had absolutely no track record here and did absolutely naff all with them either. I can't even remember his name but the rumor at the time was he turned us down because Sunderland offered more money. We appointed Hurst.

Jack Ross, who everyone was waxing lyrical about, didn't last much longer than Hurst.

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 17:01 - Dec 1 with 1808 viewsIpswichKnight

They are both based in Lincoln at the moment.
Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 17:04 - Dec 1 with 1788 viewsHarry_Palmer

Looks like Cowley is keen on it.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-cowley-confir
Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 17:04 - Dec 1 with 1784 viewsitfcjoe

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 17:00 - Dec 1 by hype313

Jack Ross, who everyone was waxing lyrical about, didn't last much longer than Hurst.

He lasted a year longer, took them to 2 Wembley finals and missed out on promotion after accumulating 90 points or something silly due to a last minute winner in PO final

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 17:05 - Dec 1 with 1772 viewsportmanking

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 17:01 - Dec 1 by IpswichKnight

They are both based in Lincoln at the moment.

Their main family base is in the Braintree area. They do live in Lincoln currently, you're correct.
Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 17:06 - Dec 1 with 1762 viewshype313

Gus Poyet turns down Sunderland on 17:04 - Dec 1 by Harry_Palmer

Looks like Cowley is keen on it.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-cowley-confir

Just hope, and I know it's wishful thinking, that Evans has put the feelers out to them and said hang tight, it might not be too long...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024