Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We might want to be careful with the banners... 09:29 - Dec 3 with 7170 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 11:36 - Dec 3 with 1191 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:43 - Dec 3 by DanTheMan

Can't say I agree. Whilst Lambert does need to go, Evans does need to take a pretty giant portion of the blame. It's a lot of his bad decisions that have landed us here.

I don't understand the idea that if he walks, that is an apocalyptic scenario for the club. I do not think there would be absolutely nobody interested in buying us.

The argument on here from many when I’ve posted anti-Evans stuff is that I ought to know who should take over. Not my job to do so.

There 100% is someone out there who would buy the club. And I’d be 99% sure would do a better job of it than the shambles that Evans has caused.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

LOL on 11:37 - Dec 3 with 1191 viewsAce_High1

LOL on 10:16 - Dec 3 by Dyland

So what?

Seriously, how much worse does it have to get before fans say enough is enough, even if that risks the club going under? Two more seasons in L1 with no promotion challenge? Relegation to L2? Fans are the fundamental reason football clubs exist. Yes of course someone needs to fund it, but I've had enough of this pussy footing around. I'd rather we went bust than float aimlessly around L1/2 with no direction or ambition. UNLESS... there is long term planning and someone who understands ITFC at the helm. Even then...

Evans needs to sack Lambert and then get lost himself.

We can't have it both ways.

Amen brother, this 100%.

We are a football club, we play sport to compete and try and achieve something. If we are just going to drift around lower mid table in L1 then we might as well pack it all in.

Even the most loyal Town fan can not be enjoying following the club - we are a shambles from top to bottom.

Evans wants people to think we need him, we don't. If he pulls back the funding, so what? Can we get any worse? We go under, a club will be born and at least have some forward momentum and a fresh start (not £100m of debt).

Evans, put up (funds, a strategy, structure, right people) or clear off.
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 11:57 - Dec 3 with 1149 viewsdaisyisabaddog

When our neighbours had problems with Robert Chase it came to a head when the police refused to provide protection at games any more and then someone threw a brick through a window of a restaurant where he was eating with his wife. I in no way condone that sort of behaviour but it does put a couple of silly banners into perspective
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:10 - Dec 3 with 1126 viewsN2_Blue

Who cares anymore? It's no fun supporting the club with him owning it and hasn't been for a very long time. He has killed the club!

If he leaves and we go bust we would come back. (Although I would care about any businesses' that are impacted. If I was a local business I think I'd refuse to deal with Town anyway unless I really needed the custom).

I don't care what level of football it is, the club is bigger than it's owner. I'd rather be non-league and without ME right now. Genuinely. Because being a Town supporter is not fun anymore. I want excitement, entrainment and a community club back.

So I'm all in favour of anything that shows to ME how we feel and gets him out or see significant changes made at the club.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 12:14]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:14 - Dec 3 with 1116 viewsSpruceMoose

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:10 - Dec 3 by Lockdownleonard

I think someone has already and quite correctly , separated the manager’s actions in respect of the the author of newsboard/forum, from the wider issue of fan protests against the owner.
In any organisation, it is accepted practice to ‘go through the line’ and this has clearly happened if it is true that the ban is lifted.
What is left, is the potential to repair the relationship between manager and fanbase and ultimately between owner and fanbase through a more adult and joined-up response to frustrating performances on the field of play. Let’s not forget that the club are still in a strong position in a changeable division, where a string of good results changes everything very quickly. Players have suffered in terms of fitness and tensions are fraught as us fans cannot ‘vent’ our frustration on a bi-weekly basis.
This is more to do with basic anxiety than the majority may care to realise or consider.

You'd think a big corporate genius such as yourself would know how paragraphs work.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:15 - Dec 3 with 1104 viewsjeera

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:14 - Dec 3 by SpruceMoose

You'd think a big corporate genius such as yourself would know how paragraphs work.

Didn't he used to be a psychologist or something?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:17 - Dec 3 with 1101 viewsSpruceMoose

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:15 - Dec 3 by jeera

Didn't he used to be a psychologist or something?

I was also thinking it was that drone.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:28 - Dec 3 with 1076 viewsKieran_Knows

Some of this fanbase, jesus wept.

Your part of the problem FFS.

'LeTS NOt piSs OfF ThE BlOke wHo'S DOnE JaCk AlL fOr 13 YEarZ'

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:36 - Dec 3 with 1063 viewsBryanPlug

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:28 - Dec 3 by Kieran_Knows

Some of this fanbase, jesus wept.

Your part of the problem FFS.

'LeTS NOt piSs OfF ThE BlOke wHo'S DOnE JaCk AlL fOr 13 YEarZ'

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Yep, Acers on 12:37 - Dec 3 with 1059 viewsDyland

LOL on 11:37 - Dec 3 by Ace_High1

Amen brother, this 100%.

We are a football club, we play sport to compete and try and achieve something. If we are just going to drift around lower mid table in L1 then we might as well pack it all in.

Even the most loyal Town fan can not be enjoying following the club - we are a shambles from top to bottom.

Evans wants people to think we need him, we don't. If he pulls back the funding, so what? Can we get any worse? We go under, a club will be born and at least have some forward momentum and a fresh start (not £100m of debt).

Evans, put up (funds, a strategy, structure, right people) or clear off.

Enough full stop.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:38 - Dec 3 with 1051 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 11:57 - Dec 3 by daisyisabaddog

When our neighbours had problems with Robert Chase it came to a head when the police refused to provide protection at games any more and then someone threw a brick through a window of a restaurant where he was eating with his wife. I in no way condone that sort of behaviour but it does put a couple of silly banners into perspective

As I've already said, we all need to turn up at the next home game and lob a German sausage over the stand and onto the pitch. Who's with me?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:40 - Dec 3 with 1031 viewsjeera

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:38 - Dec 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

As I've already said, we all need to turn up at the next home game and lob a German sausage over the stand and onto the pitch. Who's with me?

Are those too expensive? Wouldn't want to waste those.

Won't some of those cheap tinned hot dogs types do as substitutes?

Maybe catapult some Smash over too.

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:41 - Dec 3 with 1034 viewsnoggin

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:38 - Dec 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Not the wurst idea.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:46 - Dec 3 with 1016 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:40 - Dec 3 by jeera

Are those too expensive? Wouldn't want to waste those.

Won't some of those cheap tinned hot dogs types do as substitutes?

Maybe catapult some Smash over too.

I like to do these things in style. Feel free to bring tinned ones though. You can probably get more distance with a tin.

Smash is a nice touch. I'd love to see a Farage-style pic of Lambert in the papers the next day, covered in Smash instead of milkshake.

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:11 - Dec 3 with 978 viewsMonkeyAlan

Evans may keep us afloat, but he has also overseen the demise of this once great club. Doesn't look great on his CV does it?
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:12 - Dec 3 with 979 viewsfooters

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:11 - Dec 3 by MonkeyAlan

Evans may keep us afloat, but he has also overseen the demise of this once great club. Doesn't look great on his CV does it?

Why would he need a CV, is he looking for a part-time job in Dixons or something?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:13 - Dec 3 with 972 viewsjeera

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:46 - Dec 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

I like to do these things in style. Feel free to bring tinned ones though. You can probably get more distance with a tin.

Smash is a nice touch. I'd love to see a Farage-style pic of Lambert in the papers the next day, covered in Smash instead of milkshake.

May as well go full hilt and mix some baked beans in there too.

And brown sauce.

No one in their right mind likes brown sauce.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 13:14]

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:20 - Dec 3 with 950 viewsMonkeyAlan

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:12 - Dec 3 by footers

Why would he need a CV, is he looking for a part-time job in Dixons or something?

Well, considering most of his businesses arnt doing great including his football club, as a businessman looking to him for any reason and they see his track record they may not be overwhelmed or so keen to deal with him.
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:23 - Dec 3 with 944 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

I haven't got a spare £90 going mate, sorry.
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:24 - Dec 3 with 936 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:23 - Dec 3 by DropCliffsNotBombs

I haven't got a spare £90 going mate, sorry.

You can bring the beans.

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:24 - Dec 3 with 936 viewsfooters

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:20 - Dec 3 by MonkeyAlan

Well, considering most of his businesses arnt doing great including his football club, as a businessman looking to him for any reason and they see his track record they may not be overwhelmed or so keen to deal with him.

Yes, I'm sure an astute businessman would distrust someone whose events business isn't doing very well during a global pandemic.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:28 - Dec 3 with 915 viewswoiii

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:37 - Dec 3 by trncbluearmy

Based on his record we are screwed if he stays

I think he means that, from a football point of view, a club ran by ME is better than a new business park
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:28 - Dec 3 with 910 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:24 - Dec 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

You can bring the beans.

Deal, but don't expect classy beans.
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:30 - Dec 3 with 902 viewsLockdownleonard

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 12:14 - Dec 3 by SpruceMoose

Touché!
I tend to let things go when it isn’t work-related, as a reminder that style and presentation isn’t always critical.
I’ve clearly upset the purists, but I’ll take that over getting it wrong for a massive corporate.
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:31 - Dec 3 with 901 viewswoiii

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 13:24 - Dec 3 by footers

Yes, I'm sure an astute businessman would distrust someone whose events business isn't doing very well during a global pandemic.

Fancy not putting that on your SWOT analysis and diversifying :-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024