Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We might want to be careful with the banners... 09:29 - Dec 3 with 7253 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:17 - Dec 3 with 1647 viewsBryanPlug

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:09 - Dec 3 by footers

https://localgiving.org/fundraising/ITFC-Christmas/

Maybe I should take it down in case Marcus sees it?

[content removed at owner's request]

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:18 - Dec 3 with 1645 viewsJammyDodgerrr

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:41 - Dec 3 by Plums

Slide?
He’s taken a top 10 Championship club and a major community asset and turned it into a poundshop, League 1 also-ran in 13 years. If that places him above open, public criticism then we really have gone through the looking glass.
If he walks away, the massive debt is wiped off which means someone who understands the game and fans might, just might - have a chance of stepping in.
The slow, painful death of what’s been a major, daily (thanks to TWTD) part of my life for 42 years is not something that should be perpetuated through inaction.

Well done Blue Action, more of us need to stand up.

I am not saying he is above criticism. What if he chooses to not wipe the debt and wants 100 odd million for us? Nobody will buy us. We don't even know someone will buy us if he does wipe it.

He absolutely deserves criticism, he has failed us massively. Let's not piss him off though.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:18 - Dec 3 with 1644 viewsTieDyedIn95

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:51 - Dec 3 by Coco

An odd view.

I owe the man nothing. A football club is about the fans. He needs us. This is our club, our club he decided to buy. Do we just shut up like suppressed little peasants and allow our ruling overlord destroy the thing we've built?

A revolution is needed.

In sport we cheer results and good performances, not balance sheets. The results is the only thing we need to care about.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:18 - Dec 3 with 1655 viewsdavblue

Evans is a custodian of the club and frankly under his stewardship the club has gone backwards.

We aren’t a plaything for him. We can’t just get rid of him and I appreciate the money he does put in but he has to either get more hands on or leave it to someone else to make the decisions.

The way he’s running the club he will never have a chance of recouping any capital, so why bother? He needs to make the best of what funds he can afford to put in and I don’t see how that’s being achieved with the current structure.
Agreed on 10:19 - Dec 3 with 1639 viewsDyland

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:16 - Dec 3 by jayessess

I don't think he owes us the content of his wallet, to be fair. What he does owe us is a degree of basic care for our community's most important institution. That means having a respectful relationship with supporters and local media. It means high standards for on the pitch and professional standards off it. It means careful and intelligent planning with whatever resources the club has, even if it's just running the club on its revenues.

He's failing on all counts right now.

Adding... "What he does owe us is a degree of basic care AND COMPETENCE for our community's most important institution."

I'm finally getting off the fence though. I don't believe he's capable of ever giving a sh1t and being anything other than what he's showing now. He checked out ages ago. Get out of ITFC Evans.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:20 - Dec 3 with 1635 viewsdavblue

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:09 - Dec 3 by footers

https://localgiving.org/fundraising/ITFC-Christmas/

Maybe I should take it down in case Marcus sees it?

Checkmate.
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:32 - Dec 3 with 1593 viewsjeera

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 09:49 - Dec 3 by Lockdownleonard

There is certainly nothing ‘cool’ or beneficial in publicly citing the owner of any organisation as the reason for its demise or current failure. If those behind these messages simply want to demonstrate artistic capability, they could do so at a local library, without compromising the existence of a famous football club.
Any messages to the owner, designed to be picked up by the press, must be themed on a desire to work with him, to see fortunes turned with his reputation enhanced along the way. I touched on this yesterday- but egos and the need to be ‘loved’ are like bread and butter to most of the multi-millionaires that plough money into zero return projects like sports clubs.
To offend the hand that feeds, is the most primitive of responses to a complex, fast-moving situation.

"Here's some words."

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:35 - Dec 3 with 1588 viewsfooters

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:32 - Dec 3 by jeera

"Here's some words."

It's painful when they try to sound clever. It literally hurts my brain reading it.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:38 - Dec 3 with 1576 viewsBarcaBlue

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:17 - Dec 3 by BryanPlug

Tinpot? And what have you activly done to get us out of this? Tutted at the tv?
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:44 - Dec 3 with 1559 viewsjeera

Radical Ultras!?

You are fecking kidding right?

Their efforts have been little more than well-placed and respectful in the scheme of things.

You're talking like they've been setting off flares at Lambert's/Evans' homes and throwing sh!t at their car windows.

Good grief man.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 10:47]

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:46 - Dec 3 with 1547 viewsjeera

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:47 - Dec 3 with 1547 viewsnoggin

The OP appears to have inadvertently brought attention to the good work being done by BA. Those who would normally buy a match pass on Saturday, might want to donate that tenner to BA. I just did.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:48 - Dec 3 with 1542 viewsDanTheMan

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:47 - Dec 3 by noggin

The OP appears to have inadvertently brought attention to the good work being done by BA. Those who would normally buy a match pass on Saturday, might want to donate that tenner to BA. I just did.

Think I'm going to bounce between them and the charity.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:50 - Dec 3 with 1521 viewsnoggin

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:48 - Dec 3 by DanTheMan

Think I'm going to bounce between them and the charity.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:51 - Dec 3 with 1521 viewsfooters

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:47 - Dec 3 by noggin

Yep, a great idea. If the supporters club and trust are weak, we should be supporting a fan group that actually takes an interest in what's happening at our club.

They shall be getting a tenner from this correspondent momentarily.

Top work, BA!

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:53 - Dec 3 with 1511 viewsBryanPlug

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:35 - Dec 3 by footers

It's painful when they try to sound clever. It literally hurts my brain reading it.

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:55 - Dec 3 with 1501 viewsjayessess

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:46 - Dec 3 by jeera

The whole "careful now" attitude strikes me as a very weird inversion of the relationship between Evans and the supporters.

The club, ostensibly, is a business and the supporters its customers. It's Evans' job to make sure we're happy, not the other way round.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:56 - Dec 3 with 1494 viewsfooters

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:53 - Dec 3 by BryanPlug

Cheers, mate. Much obliged.

Btw, he's a troll. But obviously you're a bit slow on the uptake.

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:58 - Dec 3 with 1474 viewsjeera

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:55 - Dec 3 by jayessess

The whole "careful now" attitude strikes me as a very weird inversion of the relationship between Evans and the supporters.

The club, ostensibly, is a business and the supporters its customers. It's Evans' job to make sure we're happy, not the other way round.

Well, quite.

And when the club and its employees decide the fans should be outside the loop, you know things have gone too far the wrong way.

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 11:11 - Dec 3 with 1433 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:18 - Dec 3 by JammyDodgerrr

I am not saying he is above criticism. What if he chooses to not wipe the debt and wants 100 odd million for us? Nobody will buy us. We don't even know someone will buy us if he does wipe it.

He absolutely deserves criticism, he has failed us massively. Let's not piss him off though.

You sound like a battered housewife.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 11:14 - Dec 3 with 1421 viewsfooters

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 10:56 - Dec 3 by footers

Cheers, mate. Much obliged.

Btw, he's a troll. But obviously you're a bit slow on the uptake.

I seem to have attracted a new fan! Hi, Timefliesbyintheblue :)

Don't be shy, I know it's hard to make your first post on here, but we're waiting to hear your words of wisdom!

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 11:18 - Dec 3 with 1411 viewstractorboy1978

Man who is ultimate owner of a business is responsible for funding the business and should bear all the risks and rewards shock.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 11:19]
We might want to be careful with the banners... on 11:23 - Dec 3 with 1399 viewsKropotkin123

Given his record and his backing of PL, as stated by LON, perhaps it is time he moved on. Plenty of other owners have done better with far less. Time to stop acting like his money is the solution. We have been a poorly run club for around two decades now and a large part of that is due to his shortfalls.

PL Out
LON Out

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 11:28 - Dec 3 with 1376 viewsKropotkin123

Lol, listen to yourself. You are asking people not to protest against someone who you think hasn't made a single good decision in nearly two decades... are you okay?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

We might want to be careful with the banners... on 11:34 - Dec 3 with 1360 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘Bites the hand that feeds us’

He feeds us negativity, underachievement, underfunding and failure. That is all. Evans Out.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024