Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet 14:25 - Dec 4 with 19410 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The fact the players even felt they had to make a statement because of the recent threats (apparently) from millwall fans to boo and chant when the players take the knee says it all. But then the replies to this.. deary me.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 14:30 - Dec 4 with 17229 viewsHerbivore

The absolute state of them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 14:34 - Dec 4 with 17198 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine being the sort of delicate snowflake who's upset by suggesting that racism is bad.

And also imagine thinking that saying racism is bad is a 'political statement'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 14:36 - Dec 4 with 17188 viewsfooters

Used to give a lot of them the benefit of the doubt and thought their 'ardcase meltery was just a bit of panto. But no, they are actual bottom-feeders.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 14:37]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 15:29 - Dec 4 with 16936 viewsjontysnut

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 14:36 - Dec 4 by footers

Used to give a lot of them the benefit of the doubt and thought their 'ardcase meltery was just a bit of panto. But no, they are actual bottom-feeders.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 14:37]

The mischievously named North Stand Banter is horrible - makes this place at its worst look like mumsnet.
The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 15:34 - Dec 4 with 16900 viewsitfcjoe

Sad, because Millwall do so much in the community

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 15:34 - Dec 4 with 16897 viewsBlueBadger

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 15:29 - Dec 4 by jontysnut

The mischievously named North Stand Banter is horrible - makes this place at its worst look like mumsnet.

Full of werdos, thickos and sexual deviants?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:09 - Dec 4 with 16795 viewsloftboy

WARNING LANGUAGE ON THIS FORUM IS UNCENSORED

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/first-team-squad-release-stat
The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:17 - Dec 4 with 16756 viewsHerbivore

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:09 - Dec 4 by loftboy

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/first-team-squad-release-stat

The absolute state of them. This is why everyone thinks they are a bunch of knuckle-dragging kunts. I know they don't care, as the song goes, but why they think anyone should listen to and respect their bigotry is beyond me.

Login to get fewer ads

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:18 - Dec 4 with 16760 viewsfooters

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:17 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

The absolute state of them. This is why everyone thinks they are a bunch of knuckle-dragging kunts. I know they don't care, as the song goes, but why they think anyone should listen to and respect their bigotry is beyond me.

Glad you read it so I didn't have to!

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:20 - Dec 4 with 16741 viewsHerbivore

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:18 - Dec 4 by footers

Glad you read it so I didn't have to!

I didn't get beyond page 2 and it ran to 5 pages. Honestly, just napalm Bermondsey now and be done with it.

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:37 - Dec 4 with 16676 viewsSuperCoops

Interesting to see that it's not just our club that has not been processing refunds from last season judging by comments in the replies.
The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:44 - Dec 4 with 16636 viewsBlueBadger

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:09 - Dec 4 by loftboy

Ah.

People who's Very Real Concerns should be listened to.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 17:11]

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:45 - Dec 4 with 16629 viewsnoggin

Plenty of Town fans think the same, sadly.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:51 - Dec 4 with 16575 viewsSwansea_Blue

You just knew this was going to be about racism before checking the statement. Millwall and racism go together like apple pie and custard.

I very much suspect it's a few knuckle draggers ruining their image for the rest though. As Joe says, I know they do a lot of good community work.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:59 - Dec 4 with 16522 viewsCoastalblue

I'm only a couple of stops away from them, on the right side of the river though. Millwall FC is a really good community based family club which actually Town could learn a lot from in some areas, unfortunately they do still have this element of their support, they are a minority but nowhere near as small a minority as they should be.
It's a shame, because they're a really good club.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 17:06 - Dec 4 with 16492 viewsjontysnut

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:59 - Dec 4 by Coastalblue

I'm only a couple of stops away from them, on the right side of the river though. Millwall FC is a really good community based family club which actually Town could learn a lot from in some areas, unfortunately they do still have this element of their support, they are a minority but nowhere near as small a minority as they should be.
It's a shame, because they're a really good club.

I was at the play off final v Bradford a few years ago with some Bradford connections and the minority was pretty sizeable. I shudder to think what it would have been like if they had lost.
The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 17:08 - Dec 4 with 16478 viewsfooters

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 17:06 - Dec 4 by jontysnut

I was at the play off final v Bradford a few years ago with some Bradford connections and the minority was pretty sizeable. I shudder to think what it would have been like if they had lost.

I remember you saying you went on their forum a while back. Any connection to the club? Or just a nosy parker? ;)

Millwall that is, not Bradford.

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 17:17 - Dec 4 with 16426 viewsMattinLondon

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 16:17 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

I used to know a Millwall fan who would always bang on about the fact that no one likes them but they don’t care. Once, I tried to correct him but saying that other clubs simply don’t care about them.....that didn’t go down well.
The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 17:23 - Dec 4 with 16390 viewsSwansea_Blue

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 17:06 - Dec 4 by jontysnut

Highly recommended going to PO finals with friends who support other clubs. It's FAR less stressful and enjoyable that sweating over your own team!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 17:29 - Dec 4 with 16348 viewsnoggin

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 17:08 - Dec 4 by footers

I remember you saying you went on their forum a while back. Any connection to the club? Or just a nosy parker? ;)

"Or just a nosy parker?"

Surely you mean 'busy cant'?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 17:50 - Dec 4 with 16255 viewsjontysnut

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 17:08 - Dec 4 by footers

No connection really - I lived in Bermondsey in the 80s and kept in touch with some Millwall fans so occasionally lift up the stone to see what's happening. Busy I'm not.
The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 17:52 - Dec 4 with 16242 viewsfooters

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 17:50 - Dec 4 by jontysnut

No connection really - I lived in Bermondsey in the 80s and kept in touch with some Millwall fans so occasionally lift up the stone to see what's happening. Busy I'm not.

Blimey, Bermondsey in the 80s must have been, erm, interesting!

Bit more genteel these days, mind. Some really nice pubs about too.

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 18:14 - Dec 4 with 16123 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 17:52 - Dec 4 by footers

Blimey, Bermondsey in the 80s must have been, erm, interesting!

Bit more genteel these days, mind. Some really nice pubs about too.

The beer mile from Bermondsey to London Bridge is superb.
The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 20:20 - Dec 4 with 15852 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The players should be applauded for being determined to do the right thing regardless of some of their fans' reaction.

Millwall have a significant number of very reasonable people as fans and I feel sorry for them. They often bend over backwards to be pleasant to try to make up for the other element but you cannot get away from the fact there is a very significant element of them who are far from reasonable.

I hope that, if they do boo, it gets a lot of coverage and the club takes action against those who do.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The state of the replies from Millwall fans to this tweet on 08:03 - Dec 5 with 15438 viewsLevelTheLand

That is grim. Being a poster on that forum should be an arrestable offence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024