Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? 14:02 - Dec 14 with 5360 viewsSW_LondonBlue

Patiently waiting to hear about the Tier 3 announcement later. Some talk that the move could be with immediate effect.

Anyone else (supposedly) travelling up for the game tomorrow from London?
London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:05 - Dec 14 with 2403 viewsSpruceMoose

This won't be a popular opinion I'm sure, but seeing as we are in the middle of a pandemic that has killed over a million worldwide, I think people should be asking themselves honestly if they can justify travelling to Ipswich from other areas of the country for a football match, especially if those areas have significantly higher infection rates than Ipswich.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:06 - Dec 14 with 2390 viewsStokieBlue

Do you think that attending a football match 100 miles from where you live is the most important thing you should worry about at the moment?

I know people have been looking forward to it but realism needs to take centre stage here.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:06 - Dec 14 with 2374 viewsStokieBlue

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:05 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

This won't be a popular opinion I'm sure, but seeing as we are in the middle of a pandemic that has killed over a million worldwide, I think people should be asking themselves honestly if they can justify travelling to Ipswich from other areas of the country for a football match, especially if those areas have significantly higher infection rates than Ipswich.

Might not be popular but it's spot on.

SB

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:08 - Dec 14 with 2364 viewsSpruceMoose

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:06 - Dec 14 by StokieBlue

Do you think that attending a football match 100 miles from where you live is the most important thing you should worry about at the moment?

I know people have been looking forward to it but realism needs to take centre stage here.

SB

This is why I half joking said that tickets should only be available to those in IP1-IP4 (or at the very most those with a Suffolk address) for the time being. Got some pelters for that, but attending football doesn't exist in a bubble.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:09 - Dec 14 with 2349 viewsSpruceMoose

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:06 - Dec 14 by StokieBlue

SB

Always good to have the SB seal of approval

Seriously though, I can't think of many justifications for travelling across the country for a 90 minute football game other than because you want to/because it'll make you happy/because you've missed normal life/because you think the risks are minimal - and to me those may be understandable reasons, but they aren't good ones.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 14:13]

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:19 - Dec 14 with 2287 viewsusm

Boom
Shake shake shake the room

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:19 - Dec 14 with 2289 viewsSW_LondonBlue

SB

I understand both your comments and by no means implied football is the be all and end all.
London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:21 - Dec 14 with 2265 viewsSpruceMoose

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:19 - Dec 14 by SW_LondonBlue

I understand both your comments and by no means implied football is the be all and end all.

I didn't think you did, sorry if my post came across as hostile - I'm just tired. Like I said subsequently, I can completely understand the desire to get back to football and back to normal life. I was just suggesting everyone could look at their own situation, and the situation of others around them, and have a bit of a think about it.

Login to get fewer ads

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:36 - Dec 14 with 2207 viewsDurovigutum

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:08 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

This is why I half joking said that tickets should only be available to those in IP1-IP4 (or at the very most those with a Suffolk address) for the time being. Got some pelters for that, but attending football doesn't exist in a bubble.

Isn't that what Liverpool did?

Although obviously not with IP postcodes....
London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:38 - Dec 14 with 2200 viewsSpruceMoose

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:36 - Dec 14 by Durovigutum

Isn't that what Liverpool did?

Although obviously not with IP postcodes....

I wasn't aware of that. Fair play to them if so. If Man Utd did it they wouldn't be able to give away all their tickets I suppose...

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:39 - Dec 14 with 2186 viewsRegencyBlue

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:05 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

Completely agree!
London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:41 - Dec 14 with 2167 viewsfooters

It's not exactly a hard ask to stay away from PR at the minute, is it?!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:59 - Dec 14 with 2119 viewsStokieBlue

Tier 3 from Wednesday.

SB

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 15:01 - Dec 14 with 2098 viewsfooters

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:59 - Dec 14 by StokieBlue

Tier 3 from Wednesday.

SB

So then we've all got to stay inside for a few days before everyone starts mixing again at Christmas. Fabbo.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 15:08 - Dec 14 with 2049 viewsPinewoodblue

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 15:01 - Dec 14 by footers

So then we've all got to stay inside for a few days before everyone starts mixing again at Christmas. Fabbo.

The strange part of Christmas is that it will be ‘safe’ to have three families gather in one house while it isn’t ‘safe’ for the same group of people to have a Christmas meal in a restaurant.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 15:12 - Dec 14 with 2021 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 15:08 - Dec 14 by Pinewoodblue

The strange part of Christmas is that it will be ‘safe’ to have three families gather in one house while it isn’t ‘safe’ for the same group of people to have a Christmas meal in a restaurant.

Nothing is "safe" though as we found out last week.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 15:25 - Dec 14 with 1963 viewsSitfcB

Not till Wednesday so all good for you to go tomorrow then.

Just make sure you’re home by 00:01 Wednesday?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 15:34 - Dec 14 with 1918 viewslazyblue

Why would anyone want to travel up in a pandemic from London to watch us at the moment.
London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 15:40 - Dec 14 with 1885 viewsfactual_blue

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 14:41 - Dec 14 by footers

It's not exactly a hard ask to stay away from PR at the minute, is it?!

I haven't found it difficult for the last four years, to be honest.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 16:25 - Dec 14 with 1760 views26_Paz

*to attend a football match in a Covid secure environment

The Paz Man

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 16:30 - Dec 14 with 1752 viewsbluelagos

Removed on reflection as harsh/unfair.

BL
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 17:03]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 16:34 - Dec 14 with 1734 viewsbluelagos

Has been announced for Wednesday so you are fully legal to travel tomorrow if you choose to. After Wednesday I presume anyone in tier 3 will not be eligible for tickets if the club follow what other clubs have done.

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 16:34 - Dec 14 with 1727 viewsStokieBlue

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 16:25 - Dec 14 by 26_Paz

*to attend a football match in a Covid secure environment

Covid secure is a strange term though.

Kent is in tier 3 and it's infections have gone up. Pubs and restaurants in London are supposed to be Covid secure but the rates have gone up.

I think it's important to remember that Covid compliant is not the same as "no Covid risk".

SB
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 16:43]

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 16:47 - Dec 14 with 1664 viewsSpruceMoose

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 16:30 - Dec 14 by bluelagos

Removed on reflection as harsh/unfair.

BL
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 17:03]

Not going to lie, you've annoyed me with your flippant reply BL. You've completely mischaracterised what I said there. I have no wish to get into an argument with you as you're a decent poster so I'll say my piece and then bow out of this thread.

You're talking about legality. Of course it's legal for people to go. I'm not sure why you mention that as I didn't say anything about the legality of the situation. Anyway, the legality is irrelevant here. Your accusations of my post being a 'guilt trip' is in pretty poor taste and I thought better of you tbh.

You say I'm unhelpful. What am I supposed to be helping with exactly ? Helping people feel comfortable to act how they wish by not asking them to consider if this trip is really needed or wise? Helping people to act first and think later, potentially causing harm to others. I'm not saying don't go. I'm saying think if you really need to, and think if it is sensible for you so. It's naïve to pretend that just because the ground is supposedly CV compliant that travel to the ground is safe and risk free - for yourself and others.

It's legal to do all kinds of things that negatively impact those around you who may not share your level of risk tolerance. Nobody asked the people of Ipswich if they want people from high infection areas potentially coming to the town, just like nobody asked me if I wanted to see ever increasing numbers of plague rat tourists turning up here on a nice little winter break from whatever Covid infested place they're from elsewhere in the country.

I'm sure people will decide for themselves. The actions of many over this last year have shown scant regard for other people after all. Perhaps I was wasting my time hanging out at home and missing out on family funerals and births. After all. coming back would be entirely legal and I'm obviously under no obligation to consider the welfare of anyone other than myself. apparently.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 16:50]

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 16:51 - Dec 14 with 1639 viewsbluelagos

London Tier 3 announcement impacting attendance tomorrow? on 16:47 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

Not going to lie, you've annoyed me with your flippant reply BL. You've completely mischaracterised what I said there. I have no wish to get into an argument with you as you're a decent poster so I'll say my piece and then bow out of this thread.

You're talking about legality. Of course it's legal for people to go. I'm not sure why you mention that as I didn't say anything about the legality of the situation. Anyway, the legality is irrelevant here. Your accusations of my post being a 'guilt trip' is in pretty poor taste and I thought better of you tbh.

You say I'm unhelpful. What am I supposed to be helping with exactly ? Helping people feel comfortable to act how they wish by not asking them to consider if this trip is really needed or wise? Helping people to act first and think later, potentially causing harm to others. I'm not saying don't go. I'm saying think if you really need to, and think if it is sensible for you so. It's naïve to pretend that just because the ground is supposedly CV compliant that travel to the ground is safe and risk free - for yourself and others.

It's legal to do all kinds of things that negatively impact those around you who may not share your level of risk tolerance. Nobody asked the people of Ipswich if they want people from high infection areas potentially coming to the town, just like nobody asked me if I wanted to see ever increasing numbers of plague rat tourists turning up here on a nice little winter break from whatever Covid infested place they're from elsewhere in the country.

I'm sure people will decide for themselves. The actions of many over this last year have shown scant regard for other people after all. Perhaps I was wasting my time hanging out at home and missing out on family funerals and births. After all. coming back would be entirely legal and I'm obviously under no obligation to consider the welfare of anyone other than myself. apparently.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 16:50]

My point is really simple.

IF (and it is a fair argument to make) you think people from high risk areas should not travel to low risk areas, then direct your anger at those who make the rules, not those who follow them.

I'll bow out too, as I don't think it is an argument that will end well.

Enjoy your night.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 16:53]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024