Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nearly 60,000 covid cases 16:35 - Dec 31 with 7038 viewschrismakin

Yet supermarkets still allow hundreds of shoppers in without a care in the world

Little ones going to crowd together in schools next week despite boris advising covid loves a crowd

I can't believe with the oxford vaccine now available to they haven't done a full uk hard lockdown and push the vaccine as quick as possible. I get businesses down want to stay closed.. but the longer this pathetic tier system goes on the worse it is.

Just lockdown the island. Nothing in nothing out
All businesses closed army delivers food only care homes and NHS businesses open.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:12 - Dec 31 with 1683 viewsjeera

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 19:53 - Dec 31 by snudge27

With masks it was always going to be an uphill struggle as soon as Asda and Morrisons announced from the get-go that they wouldn't be enforcing the rules. They may as well have just announced that they were angling for the @rsehole pound instead.

As for click-and-collect, it makes no sense whatsoever. If your product can be delivered then there's no need to get/allow customers to come to your store to collect it.

And then don't get me started on the fact that garden centres, pawnbrokers, and vape shops have been classed as essential businesses...
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 19:59]

Of course Click & Collect makes sense.

Unless you think everywhere has an endless supply of refrigerated vans and the drivers to man them, C&C makes complete sense. The one at Sudbury Tesco is very efficiently run.

My confusion with C&C is how mine usually seems to be the only vehicle there. despite the number of slots being limited. And I mean even Xmas week when you'd expect it to be mobbed, I was the only one there for a good 10 minutes or so and there are a comfortable few bays with plenty of space available.

During the early summer I drove past the main car park and there were people queued all around the car park, got out the back to the C&C site and it was empty with staff lolling around waiting on the next arrival.

Madness I tell you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:12 - Dec 31 with 1681 viewsChrisd

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 18:23 - Dec 31 by DublinBlue84

If we had a competent Government I'd agree with you, sadly we don't.

The November lockdown was far too short and they released it far too early which is contributing to the numbers now. There should have been no release early on 2nd December and it should have ran all the way through t Christmas.

I have no confidence that this Government will not make the same mistake again. The first lockdown was far more effective because it was more rigorous, with less exceptions and and wasn't eased quickly. It delayed the next wave by months. We need similar again.

Combine that with people being a lot more fearful of the virus during that very first lockdown and more careful of their actions. As soon as Dominic Cummings did what he did, all creditability was lost. It’s been far too ‘wish-washy’ or diluted with this Government with them trying to appease all concerned and then expecting people to do the right thing once encouraged to do so. Tonight is another case in point, apparently there will be over 5,000 unlicensed music events across the country, so hammer them with a hefty fine if caught, they’ve been told enough times about behaving responsibly. Instead they will get a slap on the wrist, no deterrent, but this has been the approach from the very start for many things and we wonder why we are still struggling to keep things under control?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 20:32]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:14 - Dec 31 with 1671 viewsChurchman

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 19:48 - Dec 31 by DebsyAngel

I DO try, but I am also honest with what I put on here. If you see anything I post under music threads and discussion, I am very positive and like sharing stories.

I think I will stop coming on here so much as I bring people down, but it;s harder to cope that most people think. It's not just a case of pulling myself together.

Don’t stop coming on this board. It is an ‘out’ for you and everyone else on here and it’s fine.
Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:16 - Dec 31 with 1665 viewssnudge27

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:12 - Dec 31 by jeera

Of course Click & Collect makes sense.

Unless you think everywhere has an endless supply of refrigerated vans and the drivers to man them, C&C makes complete sense. The one at Sudbury Tesco is very efficiently run.

My confusion with C&C is how mine usually seems to be the only vehicle there. despite the number of slots being limited. And I mean even Xmas week when you'd expect it to be mobbed, I was the only one there for a good 10 minutes or so and there are a comfortable few bays with plenty of space available.

During the early summer I drove past the main car park and there were people queued all around the car park, got out the back to the C&C site and it was empty with staff lolling around waiting on the next arrival.

Madness I tell you.

Oh, no, I understand supermarket Click-and-Collect.

I was thinking more of places like Game and CEX offering C&C services - absolutely no point in that!

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:22 - Dec 31 with 1653 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 19:48 - Dec 31 by DebsyAngel

I DO try, but I am also honest with what I put on here. If you see anything I post under music threads and discussion, I am very positive and like sharing stories.

I think I will stop coming on here so much as I bring people down, but it;s harder to cope that most people think. It's not just a case of pulling myself together.

Hey, I'm someone who's been an expert on negative thinking in the past, and I only want to help (through my own experience). I don't want you to stop posting; this is a great place when you're low. But honestly, me and the missus do the 10 positive things chat and it really does help.

Try it... then report back here in a week about how you feel. I guarantee you'll feel a bit better. Even if you think it sounds silly, please try it. I want you to feel better.

Most people do know how hard it is to cope. And no, it's not just about 'pulling yourself together'. I would never suggest that. Little things like this do help, though, I promise.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:25 - Dec 31 with 1645 viewsjeera

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:16 - Dec 31 by snudge27

Oh, no, I understand supermarket Click-and-Collect.

I was thinking more of places like Game and CEX offering C&C services - absolutely no point in that!

Oh I see, sorry.

My moan about its potential's underuse still stands though!

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:26 - Dec 31 with 1642 viewsDebsyAngel

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:22 - Dec 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

Hey, I'm someone who's been an expert on negative thinking in the past, and I only want to help (through my own experience). I don't want you to stop posting; this is a great place when you're low. But honestly, me and the missus do the 10 positive things chat and it really does help.

Try it... then report back here in a week about how you feel. I guarantee you'll feel a bit better. Even if you think it sounds silly, please try it. I want you to feel better.

Most people do know how hard it is to cope. And no, it's not just about 'pulling yourself together'. I would never suggest that. Little things like this do help, though, I promise.

I am sorry I took your post the wrong way, and I do try to see the positives in each day (usually music for me). I can see you were trying to help me, and I apologise.
Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:29 - Dec 31 with 1635 viewsjeera

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:22 - Dec 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

10 each.

I bet she gets 9 and you 11 more like.

Login to get fewer ads

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:35 - Dec 31 with 1623 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:29 - Dec 31 by jeera

10 each.

I bet she gets 9 and you 11 more like.

I take that as a compliment. And I'll be adding "Jeera gave me a compliment" to my 10 tonight.

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:36 - Dec 31 with 1625 viewsSeablu

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 19:53 - Dec 31 by snudge27

With masks it was always going to be an uphill struggle as soon as Asda and Morrisons announced from the get-go that they wouldn't be enforcing the rules. They may as well have just announced that they were angling for the @rsehole pound instead.

As for click-and-collect, it makes no sense whatsoever. If your product can be delivered then there's no need to get/allow customers to come to your store to collect it.

And then don't get me started on the fact that garden centres, pawnbrokers, and vape shops have been classed as essential businesses...
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 19:59]

Waitrose near me have been excellent.
Strict limit on the number of shoppers.
Big lad outside who counts people in & out & insists on a mask unless you can prove medical exemption.
Thankfully, Co-op, Tesco & Sainsbury’s are an utter free for all. Keeps the ‘ars*hole pound’ away as you have to expect a 40 minute queue unless you have an NHS card or are elderly.
A pleasant fortnightly shopping experience.
Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:46 - Dec 31 with 1601 viewsblueprint

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:36 - Dec 31 by Seablu

Big lad outside who counts people in & out & insists on a mask unless you can prove medical exemption.
Thankfully, Co-op, Tesco & Sainsbury’s are an utter free for all. Keeps the ‘ars*hole pound’ away as you have to expect a 40 minute queue unless you have an NHS card or are elderly.

Trouble is any Tom, Dick or Harry can order one of those lanyards showing exemption from mask wearing online.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 20:51]
Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:52 - Dec 31 with 1584 viewsSeablu

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:46 - Dec 31 by blueprint

Trouble is any Tom, Dick or Harry can order one of those lanyards showing exemption from mask wearing online.

Really?
Got a link?
I hate queuing in the rain.
Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 21:19 - Dec 31 with 1559 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 19:52 - Dec 31 by bluelagos

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55264224

I posted this the other day. Have a read and give some of it a go. :-)

Some really good suggestions in there BL.

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 21:41 - Dec 31 with 1548 viewssnudge27

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:46 - Dec 31 by blueprint

As, to my mind, has been proven by the return of fans to football.

If you consider how many people 'on the street' seem to be exempt from wearing a mask, and compare that to the near-100% compliance at football matches, something doesn't quite add up.

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 22:09 - Dec 31 with 1540 viewsfactual_blue

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:36 - Dec 31 by Seablu

Waitrose is for decent people. Except the school run Range Rover brigade and their dreadful children.

I like the way I'm greeted by name when collecting the weekly order.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 22:11 - Dec 31 with 1537 viewsfactual_blue

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 21:41 - Dec 31 by snudge27

As, to my mind, has been proven by the return of fans to football.

If you consider how many people 'on the street' seem to be exempt from wearing a mask, and compare that to the near-100% compliance at football matches, something doesn't quite add up.

I was struck by the large number of loveable Scousers on the Kop not wearing their masks properly.

Mustn't upset them though.

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 22:25 - Dec 31 with 1525 viewsBlueBadger

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 22:09 - Dec 31 by factual_blue

Waitrose is for decent people. Except the school run Range Rover brigade and their dreadful children.

I like the way I'm greeted by name when collecting the weekly order.

Rather cruel of your parents to call you 'stopthief'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 22:29 - Dec 31 with 1506 viewsfactual_blue

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 22:25 - Dec 31 by BlueBadger

Rather cruel of your parents to call you 'stopthief'.

Go back to work, and Get Behind Your Country, you bloody commie traitor.

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 01:57 - Jan 1 with 1434 viewsBlueBadger

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 17:40 - Dec 31 by chrismakin

well scrap that motion lol

ok, 1 collection point per town, voucher per household, once you've got it, that's it for the month

job done.

basically anything that actually represents a country trying its actual best to sort this pandemic out

So, let me get this straight. To avoid spreading covid, you want everyone to turn up to one location all at once, to pick up food?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 10:16 - Jan 1 with 1344 viewsMonkeyAlan

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 19:37 - Dec 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'll be honest Debsy, and I don't want to come across as an @sshole here, but I struggle to read your posts as every one is so negative. I really think your mental health would do so much better if you could find positive things to fill your mind with instead of always dwelling on the negative.

It might seem hard right now but try with your husband, when you go to bed tonight, to list 10 things you're grateful for. It can be anything - "I'm alive"; "I have food"; "I have shelter"... and it can be silly little things like' "I saw a cute robin in the garden" and "I got off my arris and did the clothes washing even though I didn't really feel like it," and "Dinner was DELISH."

Honestly, it's easier than you think to come up with 10 each - taking it in turns - and if you do it every day it soon becomes a habit of positivity and makes you feel good and grateful for what you have. You can even drop in cheeky/fun ones like "My husband has a cute bum."

I can see positives in your post I'm replying to - "I have a partner to help me through all this", "He did the main shop... like a caveman going out and bringing back the food", "I had milk for my tea today... that 3rd cup was BANGING. really hit the nail..." There you go, 3 for free!

Honestly, it really helps and can be quite fun. The more you actively look for the positives the more you'll find.

The first thing to do would be not come on this site. The same half dozen are on every thread putting a negative spin on anything they can. I didn't realise we had so many "experts" as we appear to have on here. I bet 6-7 people on here waffle on every thread with their stories, so called graphs, expert(hehe) knowledge. Why they arnt politicians l don't know, they clearly feel they could do the job. I'd like to see them try. Thing is, l bet they know who l mean by the usual 6-7 too.
Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 10:51 - Jan 1 with 1312 viewswitchdoctor

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:25 - Dec 31 by jeera

Oh I see, sorry.

My moan about its potential's underuse still stands though!

Ipswich(Bury Rd) Asda’s c&c are run off their feet for the 12 hrs they are operating....
Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 11:00 - Jan 1 with 1305 viewswitchdoctor

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 17:02 - Dec 31 by Vaughan8

I think the problem is because nothing else is open, its like their family day out.

I was in my local aldi the other day, not that busy, but this family were just messing about all down the freezer aisles....!

ALso during the first lockdown when the message was really "stay at home", I was behind a woman in the queue of Poundland (I just needed milk and didn't want to queue to get in a supermarket just for that) saying " I walk here everyday just to get out the house" Doh!

However I agree, they should have number limits of some sort.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 17:03]

know what you mean about it being an outing for families....I think supermarkets should be prohibited from selling anything other than food...close of the clothes...home goods etc aisles...it’s unfair that they are allowed to be selling those items anyway when the small independent shops have been forced to close...and going back to single person shopping would surely be better than the unregulated free for all we have now...
Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 11:49 - Jan 1 with 1249 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 10:16 - Jan 1 by MonkeyAlan

The first thing to do would be not come on this site. The same half dozen are on every thread putting a negative spin on anything they can. I didn't realise we had so many "experts" as we appear to have on here. I bet 6-7 people on here waffle on every thread with their stories, so called graphs, expert(hehe) knowledge. Why they arnt politicians l don't know, they clearly feel they could do the job. I'd like to see them try. Thing is, l bet they know who l mean by the usual 6-7 too.

One of them is a local politician - he just does not admit to it! You can fool some of the people..
Happy New Year
Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 11:54 - Jan 1 with 1242 viewsjeera

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 10:51 - Jan 1 by witchdoctor

Ipswich(Bury Rd) Asda’s c&c are run off their feet for the 12 hrs they are operating....

Lack of consistency there then. Although that's a big store serving a large area I realise.

I don't understand why the Sudbury one is so quiet, unless it's just how it's fallen for me each time.

A lass working there last week even offered to run to the store for me when something minor was missing. I told her to not worry but she set off anyway. This was Tuesday before Xmas Day and there was one car leaving as I pulled up and then another driving in as I pulled away. Like I say there were at least 3 empty other bays.

Yet the store was busy. I couldn't get my head around it.

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 11:58 - Jan 1 with 1239 viewsronnyd

Nearly 60,000 covid cases on 20:02 - Dec 31 by DebsyAngel

I do need to try to get over my fear of going into shops as will not benefit me in the long run, but I do listen to music all day, every day and participate/cpntribute to a friend's MIXLR channel so I do try. Thank you for your kind words.

When i go shopping now Debsy, i go later in the day but before close to the closing time,( that way avoiding the last minute rush merchants). You'll be surprised how clear the supermarkets are sometimes. Stay safe but don't hide yourself away.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024