Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert 18:25 - Jan 6 with 3022 viewswkj

I think the roller coaster of Joey Barton shows just how desperate some of us are, but thankfully it seems many were happy to not see him here in place of Lambert. Curious who people on the board would hate to see manager here the most

(Former managers are disqualified from the discussion)

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 12:16 - Jan 7 with 665 viewsSouperJim

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 19:09 - Jan 6 by Garv

Warnock, just to piss a few people off. There seems to be a bit of a love in with him across our fanbase for some reason.

Because he is a highly competent, utterly partisan winner with a long proven track record?

You don't have to like the manager, so long as he is effective.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 12:49 - Jan 7 with 647 viewsFartman

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 20:49 - Jan 6 by TieDyedIn95

Nigel Clough wood be excellent here and I don't understand why he wasn't the man to replace Mick. He's done well on nothing at Burton, has experience of playing for big clubs and has played for England. He's currently working miracles at Mansfield. His style, personality, heritage and such would match perfectly with Ipswich. He would be tailor made for us at this level too.

But we'll get relegated with Dyer instead because .... thats the Ipswich way now.

Agree - an absolutely brilliant manager, who's man management skill are at the very top. Neither is his mind twisted as his more eminent dad, but his tactical and trading skills are at the same level. Would be able to handle and turn our Pennies in to Pounds. Didn't have the success I expected when managing Derby. But then again , who has really since Jim Smiths and possibly Billy Davis?

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 13:45 - Jan 7 with 620 viewsMedwayTractor

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 20:49 - Jan 6 by TieDyedIn95

Nigel Clough wood be excellent here and I don't understand why he wasn't the man to replace Mick. He's done well on nothing at Burton, has experience of playing for big clubs and has played for England. He's currently working miracles at Mansfield. His style, personality, heritage and such would match perfectly with Ipswich. He would be tailor made for us at this level too.

But we'll get relegated with Dyer instead because .... thats the Ipswich way now.

Nigel Clough played all his club football in the north/midlands & you could throw a single decent sized OS map of Notts/Derbyshire/S Yorks over all four of the clubs he has managed.

Apart from the obvious conclusion that he is very much a northerner (therefore quite likely to require a hefty financial incentive to come to PR, his managerial CV is surprisingly bare of silverware for someone with such a football pedigree.

Also, the other manager we've had who started his playing career under 'Ol Big Ed wasn't exactly a roaring success for us, was he?

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 14:16 - Jan 7 with 610 viewsLeaky

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 19:40 - Jan 6 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

John Gregory seems an odd shout. He must be retired by now. I was at school with him so he must be 65ish
Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 14:21 - Jan 7 with 610 viewsParisBlue

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 19:47 - Jan 6 by OsborneOneNil

Although Warnock can still provide a level of success.

I'm convinced had we appointed Warlock on 1st Jan last year instead of giving Lambert a 5 year contract we'd be in the Championship this season...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 14:23 - Jan 7 with 607 viewshype313

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 13:45 - Jan 7 by MedwayTractor

Nigel Clough played all his club football in the north/midlands & you could throw a single decent sized OS map of Notts/Derbyshire/S Yorks over all four of the clubs he has managed.

Apart from the obvious conclusion that he is very much a northerner (therefore quite likely to require a hefty financial incentive to come to PR, his managerial CV is surprisingly bare of silverware for someone with such a football pedigree.

Also, the other manager we've had who started his playing career under 'Ol Big Ed wasn't exactly a roaring success for us, was he?

Indeed, by all accounts Clough just wants to base himself around the East Midlands for family reasons.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 14:30 - Jan 7 with 604 viewsPhilTWTD

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 21:31 - Jan 6 by monty_radio

It was Barton who denounced his behaviour and sent him packing. Presumably, with Barton gone, the board amended the decision - maybe the disgreement even contributed to the sacking?

He wasn't sacked, just told to stay away and made available.
Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 15:04 - Jan 7 with 583 viewsGeoffSentence

Managers you would hate to see here more than Lambert on 09:39 - Jan 7 by MonkeyAlan

Big Sam. Can't stand that man.

Until now that Real Life Mike Bassett was top of my list of people I would not want near the club.

I'd take him now.

That's what Hurst and Lambert have done between them. Fwkers.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024