Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Morons part 2574857 15:06 - Jan 13 with 3678 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-55648546

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:16 - Jan 13 with 1218 viewsStokieBlue

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:14 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

It was Stokie that suggested it!

Well, let's not go crazy here.

I would never advocate someone voluntarily goes to Southend. It just happened to be a convenient 14 mile increment.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:16 - Jan 13 with 1217 viewsbluelagos

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:12 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

I'm not sure you can compare the situation in Suffolk to the situation of a city with 8-9 million people. Nobody in Suffolk needs to be driving to Essex to find a quiet spot.

I am in trouble next time the Stour floods then :-) As it was for most of December.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:17 - Jan 13 with 1216 viewsjeera

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:14 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

It was Stokie that suggested it!

I missed that post in amongst my own self-righteous posting.

But if Stokie's suggesting Southend as a top ten place to visit within the UK at any time, then he's a wrong'un and no mistake.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:19 - Jan 13 with 1206 viewsbluelagos

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:17 - Jan 13 by jeera

I missed that post in amongst my own self-righteous posting.

But if Stokie's suggesting Southend as a top ten place to visit within the UK at any time, then he's a wrong'un and no mistake.

I think we have reached something we all agree on :-)

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:21 - Jan 13 with 1200 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:15 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

Entirely depends on your interpretation but that is fair.

Local in my mind means somewhere that is walkable.

As you say though, the rules are open to too much interpretation in my view.

SB

Indeed. I know some people that would define driving 350 miles upstate as staying local. I also know others who have barely left their immediate neighbourhood's since March 2020. Local.is whatever you want it to be.

IMO People need to be looking close to home for outdoor exercise first of all. There's always going to be some excuse to go further afield, but unless you really have no other option then I don't think you should be doing that. For every person like BL who would do it responsibly, there's going to be another who just takes the pish.

This was why I was against foreign summer holidays. People were too busy justifying why they could to stop to think if they should.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:21 - Jan 13 with 1198 viewsjeera

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:19 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

I think we have reached something we all agree on :-)

Hang on.

That Southend's a dump.

Or Stokie's a wrong'un.

Or that I'm self-righteous?

I know where you live btw.

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:23 - Jan 13 with 1190 viewsN2_Blue

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:58 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

If you are fortunate to have safe, accessible walks from your home then great. Many people don't. Which is why a short drive to access a safe accessible quiet country walk is allowed.

Not sure why you think it is illegal when it isn't. I know many people who regularly do 10 mile walks and know the quiet country paths where they are far less likely to encounter other people.

The alternative (which I have seen a number of times) is people walking around their neighbourhood and bumping into neighbours doing the same. And guess what, they stop for a chat.

Not everything is black and white, we all live in different places with different access to safe, quiet walking paths.

Where did i say it was illegal BL?

Its against the rule/guidance whatever you want to call it. I didn't say it was illegal

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:25 - Jan 13 with 1184 viewsSpruceMoose

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:16 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

I am in trouble next time the Stour floods then :-) As it was for most of December.

An ideal wild swimming opportunity will have presented itself! Mind the shopping trolley!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:29 - Jan 13 with 1176 viewsjeera

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:23 - Jan 13 by N2_Blue

Where did i say it was illegal BL?

Its against the rule/guidance whatever you want to call it. I didn't say it was illegal

Without trying to be difficult.

Without clear boundaries outlined, how do people differentiate between cycling from their own front door for 15 miles and driving to a spot 5 miles away for a 10 mile walk?

It could be fairly argued there is no difference, yet one is frowned upon more than the other.

The truth of course is the person in the car isn't huffing and puffing everywhere in the street.

A lockdown should probably mean just that if we're going to do it properly. A walk around the block to stop blood clots!

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:30 - Jan 13 with 1174 viewsbluelagos

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:25 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

An ideal wild swimming opportunity will have presented itself! Mind the shopping trolley!

It was over the top of walking boots last month. Sudbury way was flooded too. Loads of pics showing just how water logged it was.

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:31 - Jan 13 with 1167 viewsjeera

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:25 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

Cold water swimming is all the rage at the moment.

Very in vogue.

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:37 - Jan 13 with 1161 viewsbluelagos

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:29 - Jan 13 by jeera

Without trying to be difficult.

Without clear boundaries outlined, how do people differentiate between cycling from their own front door for 15 miles and driving to a spot 5 miles away for a 10 mile walk?

It could be fairly argued there is no difference, yet one is frowned upon more than the other.

The truth of course is the person in the car isn't huffing and puffing everywhere in the street.

A lockdown should probably mean just that if we're going to do it properly. A walk around the block to stop blood clots!

Yet again though we are all debating what is/isnt reasonable exercise. Rather than what businesses should be open, who should be listed as key workers, are we all happy to have a vaccine...all far more important issues in the scheme of things, surely.

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:55 - Jan 13 with 1144 viewsm14_blue

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:37 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

Yet again though we are all debating what is/isnt reasonable exercise. Rather than what businesses should be open, who should be listed as key workers, are we all happy to have a vaccine...all far more important issues in the scheme of things, surely.

A million times this.

I can't believe how well the Government's rather transparent attempt, supported by a media who make their living from public outrage, to shape the narrative into one of blaming the public has worked.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at how good they are at manipulating people by now but even so....

No real sympathy for the guy in the OP, you break the rules in the middle of a pandemic then you get what's coming to you.

However, the idea that it's people like him, or people driving to their exercise, or sitting on a bench, that are causing the high rates is just insane. Factories, warehouses, construction sites, schools, nurseries and shops are all open with hundreds/thousands of people mingling, often indoors, every day. Tradesmen are moving freely between people's houses. But hey, let's focus on the guy who drove 14 miles to play some game on his phone.

I work in one of the busiest tourist hotspots in the country, and am on the county resilience forum, this widespread disobedience just isn't happening, it's not a thing. Don't let Priti Patel and a clickbait media convince you otherwise. This mess is on the government, not the people.

I feel like I'm the only one (along with BL) who can see that the Emperor has no clothes on.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 18:56]
Covid Morons part 2574857 on 19:13 - Jan 13 with 1132 viewsfactual_blue

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:25 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

They were out in Dedham asking where people were from according to an article in the local rag.

I'd stand my ground and tell them exactly where to go but am sure many will be intimidated by them into staying inside rather than exercising, in line with the existing laws.

What were the Derbyshire Constabulary doing in Dedham?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 19:29 - Jan 13 with 1119 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:22 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

Indeed. Ok, it's just 14 miles. In a car. But what if his car breaks down? What if he has an accident? etc. etc. Then multiple that behaviour by everyone who sees someone else do it and thinks it ok. Chaos.

People need to stop finding reasons for why whatever they want to do is exempt from the rules. We all get it, it's an awful time right now. Every day can be hard. We are all living through it. But behaving like this will only extend it.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 17:24]

What if I go for a walk half a mile away and a light aircraft making an emergency landing swerves to avoid me thus crashing into a ditch and then the fire engine coming to attend slips on ice and piles into A+E causing total chaos....then you'll be wishing I had driven to hunt down Pokepeople thingies!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 20:05 - Jan 13 with 1091 viewsbluelagos

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:55 - Jan 13 by m14_blue

A million times this.

I can't believe how well the Government's rather transparent attempt, supported by a media who make their living from public outrage, to shape the narrative into one of blaming the public has worked.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at how good they are at manipulating people by now but even so....

No real sympathy for the guy in the OP, you break the rules in the middle of a pandemic then you get what's coming to you.

However, the idea that it's people like him, or people driving to their exercise, or sitting on a bench, that are causing the high rates is just insane. Factories, warehouses, construction sites, schools, nurseries and shops are all open with hundreds/thousands of people mingling, often indoors, every day. Tradesmen are moving freely between people's houses. But hey, let's focus on the guy who drove 14 miles to play some game on his phone.

I work in one of the busiest tourist hotspots in the country, and am on the county resilience forum, this widespread disobedience just isn't happening, it's not a thing. Don't let Priti Patel and a clickbait media convince you otherwise. This mess is on the government, not the people.

I feel like I'm the only one (along with BL) who can see that the Emperor has no clothes on.

Very well said Sir. You could have jumped in an hour earlier and saved us all from an argument (not a rude one tbf) of our own making!

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 21:17 - Jan 13 with 1064 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:45 - Jan 13 by N2_Blue

Again making excuse to for your agenda.

If leaving the house for exercise, as is your right, one is preventable (the car accident), one is not (getting stabbed).

One is bending the rules, one is not.

Sorry but this kind of attitude multiplied by x amount of the population is why we are where we are.

I love walks around water 10 minutes away from me. I am currently only walking within a mile of my house, not because i want to but because it's the right thing to do!!

Might help if you actually read the rules before insisting people jumping in a car and taking a short drive to exercise are bending the rules. The actual headline rule from the governments website - which actually spells out that travelling a short distance within your area to gain access to an open space is permitted:

- outdoor exercise. This should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel a short distance within your area to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 09:00 - Jan 14 with 988 viewsTractorWood

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:56 - Jan 13 by StokieBlue

Is 14 miles local though?

14 miles gets me outside the M25, I don't think that's local. If 14 miles is local then is 28 miles? I could get to the Thames estuary for a lovely walk. If I've gone 28 miles then maybe another 14 won't hurt and suddenly I can walk along the promenade in Southend.

The rules were clearly meant to be exercise done from the home, not driving to somewhere for nicer exercise. It's not just about being local though, if you allow it people will all gravitate to the "nicer" spots and then you have a higher risk of infections spreading to other areas as they leave. If you stay local then there is no risk of that.

SB

Depends. In London you'll have parks, tow paths etc a bit closer. So 14 miles sounds ridiculous.

Where I am, you have to drive everywhere. For context my nearest KFC is 12 miles. In London it will be half a mile. We don't get Deliveroo here!

I think driving 5 miles for a run somewhere different is ok if you literally live in the middle of nowhere. The deaths are high at the moment from the state sanctioned Christmas mixing despite every expert saying it was madness.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 09:17 - Jan 14 with 968 viewsFunge

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 17:44 - Jan 13 by Sarge

I agree.

And the positive is that that number is small, very small. In fact the smallest it’s ever been (apparently).

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-compliance-with-restrictions-at-highest-poin

So next time Patel or Hancock try and blame it on public non-compliance you’ll know they’re lying.

Although you’ll have known that anyway because their mouths were moving.

Absolutely this.

Divide and Conquer tactics from this government - encouraging focus upon your neighbour and his activities, rather that the morons who administrate the enforcement of said.
Covid Morons part 2574857 on 09:57 - Jan 14 with 941 viewsFunge

Covid Morons part 2574857 on 18:55 - Jan 13 by m14_blue

A million times this.

I'm here, bruv.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024