Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? 11:22 - Jan 15 with 3757 viewsSitfcB

Brenner...Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? You don’t feel your time is coming?

Lambert... A: I don’t really care to be honest.

lol

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 12:37 - Jan 15 with 812 viewsDanTheMan

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 12:14 - Jan 15 by IpswichKnight

It was like his greatest hits

I don’t care what Marcus thinks ✅
Played for big clubs ✅
Letters of support ✅

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 13:02 - Jan 15 with 779 viewsGodBlue

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 11:29 - Jan 15 by homer_123

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH It's this again:

Is he confident Evans will continue to back him? “I don’t really care, to be honest. What do you do? I said this to you last season, if Marcus says to go, you go. If Marcus says you say, you stay. I don’t have a problem. I get on really well with him, I don’t really get involved with this stuff.”

Asked to clarify what he meant by that, he added: : "What I’m saying is, what can I do about it?"

It's totally and utterly in his fecking control - he can get his coaching team to coach better, he can be a better man manager - he can think about how we approach games, the tactics and style of play - he can fecking motivate the fecking players.

FFS
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 11:32]

Totally right!

I've been saying this for ages, but the biggest issue I have with Paul Lambert is the utter lack of competent leadership he appears to show across the board.

He seems woefully lacking in empathy, honesty, tact, strategy, man-management... and on top of it all, he doesn't seem to be a particularly good football coach/tactician either.

Take this example... how does he think it looks to his staff (let alone the public) when he comes out and openly says "I don't really care about the safety of my job". The answer is, he doesn't care how it looks.

And why doesn't he care? Well because he knows that if Evans sacks him tomorrow, he'll still walk away with a massive wedge of cash in his pocket. So why should he care! That's his attitude and it's an attitude that I could see wearing off on all of the players on Saturday.

My leader can't be bothered, so why should I?

Wolfy's frustration was clear, because he's fighting against an entire dressing room full of people who don't have the inherent passion he has as a fan. Equally that's why they send him out, because even our captain can't be bothered to hide his disinterest anymore.

If I was to be even more cynical about Lambert, I'd go so far as to say I suspect he knows he's doing it too. Because he did the exact same thing at Villa... feigned enough competence to get a long-term contract extension and then everything started to go backwards... because he didn't have to pretend anymore!

At this point in time it honestly feels like he's not doing much more than playing an increasingly public game of chicken with Marcus Evans. A game that could genuinely last for the next four years and cost this club everything, because neither Lambert or Evans really care what happens to Ipswich Town Football Club in the meantime... the club has become collateral damage in their d*ck measuring contest.

Sorry... I'm grumpy today.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 01:00 - Jan 16 with 719 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 11:41 - Jan 15 by Dubtractor

“You have to remember, I was at the highest level of football and I know how it works. I’ve worked with unbelievable managers, no stress, no nothing, pure stone cold focused on what I had to do."

Don't worry Paul, we won't forget as you remind us every 5 minutes.

What a prick.

To which the appropriate response is:

"Great, so how are you, with over 30 years experience in the professional game, from top leagues in different countries and as an international player, too, going to make sure that Ipswich Town manage to win against the team who are bottom of the Third Division?"
Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 02:08 - Jan 16 with 696 viewsTieDyedIn95

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 13:02 - Jan 15 by GodBlue

Totally right!

I've been saying this for ages, but the biggest issue I have with Paul Lambert is the utter lack of competent leadership he appears to show across the board.

He seems woefully lacking in empathy, honesty, tact, strategy, man-management... and on top of it all, he doesn't seem to be a particularly good football coach/tactician either.

Take this example... how does he think it looks to his staff (let alone the public) when he comes out and openly says "I don't really care about the safety of my job". The answer is, he doesn't care how it looks.

And why doesn't he care? Well because he knows that if Evans sacks him tomorrow, he'll still walk away with a massive wedge of cash in his pocket. So why should he care! That's his attitude and it's an attitude that I could see wearing off on all of the players on Saturday.

Wolfy's frustration was clear, because he's fighting against an entire dressing room full of people who don't have the inherent passion he has as a fan. Equally that's why they send him out, because even our captain can't be bothered to hide his disinterest anymore.

If I was to be even more cynical about Lambert, I'd go so far as to say I suspect he knows he's doing it too. Because he did the exact same thing at Villa... feigned enough competence to get a long-term contract extension and then everything started to go backwards... because he didn't have to pretend anymore!

At this point in time it honestly feels like he's not doing much more than playing an increasingly public game of chicken with Marcus Evans. A game that could genuinely last for the next four years and cost this club everything, because neither Lambert or Evans really care what happens to Ipswich Town Football Club in the meantime... the club has become collateral damage in their d*ck measuring contest.

So in short...

We have a terrible owner doing the bare minimum.

A manager who wants the sack.

A captain collecting his last big wage in football.

A squad of players who are also not interested beyond what they are paid.

But that's fine, we'll keep paying to see these people mug us off.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 03:31 - Jan 16 with 675 viewsstiff_talking

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 12:30 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

You're fortunate I'm not reporting that as abuse.

No signs of fight, passion or belief

Every action equals a beaten man

Next !
Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 10:17 - Jan 16 with 594 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 13:02 - Jan 15 by GodBlue

Totally right!

They sent out Wolfy because he was on loan at Swindon. There's absolutely no evidence Chambers has lost his passion.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 11:45 - Jan 16 with 569 viewsazuremerlangus

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 11:29 - Jan 15 by SouperJim

What an utterly ridiculous answer that is. If you don't care, why are you still here?

Something to do with money at a guess?

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 12:48 - Jan 16 with 548 viewsTieDyedIn95

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 10:17 - Jan 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

They sent out Wolfy because he was on loan at Swindon. There's absolutely no evidence Chambers has lost his passion.

Lets be honest why is Chambers so revered? Not a bad bloke but playing that many games for a club and winning absolutely nothing is hardly anything for him or us to celebrate or shout about! I'd be embarrassed.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Login to get fewer ads

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 13:04 - Jan 16 with 532 viewsJ2BLUE

People are overreacting to tis. There is so much to legitimately criticise him for that I don't see why people are resorting to this. He's clearly still feeling unwell and he's being asked a question he's answered repeatedly. However undiplomatic his response might be he is right that if Evans wants him gone there's nothing he can do.

Lambert is a cock and there are endless things to criticise him for. This isn't one of them IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 13:20 - Jan 16 with 510 viewsBluefish

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 12:48 - Jan 16 by TieDyedIn95

Lets be honest why is Chambers so revered? Not a bad bloke but playing that many games for a club and winning absolutely nothing is hardly anything for him or us to celebrate or shout about! I'd be embarrassed.

Bit like Dyer?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 13:47 - Jan 16 with 494 viewsGodBlue

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 10:17 - Jan 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think Phil speculated that that may have been the reason, but I wasn’t aware it had been confirmed. Apologies if it was, but either way that’s an odd reason to send the poor kid out! The captain (or a senior pro) should have stood up to answer for a performance like that. That comes back to my point about a lack of leadership.

As for Chambers... agree to disagree I guess. Aside from the above, he’s meant to be club captain, but he rolled over as easily as the rest of them last week. I saw nothing to suggest he gave a fig.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 14:21 - Jan 16 with 479 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 12:48 - Jan 16 by TieDyedIn95

Not really sure what that's got to do with my post.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Q: Do you think Marcus will continue to back you? on 15:15 - Jan 16 with 454 viewspistolpete

Q: Watson : Q: There’s been a report this week that there is a ‘mutiny’ in the camp, that players aren’t happy. Can you address those reports please?

A: Well, I'm pretty sure you can ask any player. I’ve never had a fall-out. I have a laugh with them, I never have any arguments with them, as such. I tell them when I don’t think they’re doing well.

There's a tweet and you guys believe it. I can’t do anything about that.

If Lambert doesn't read any of the criticism or care about anything which is reported, how did he know that this was a tweet? Surely honest Paul isn't a liar is he?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024