Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Postcode lottery 09:17 - Jan 18 with 4578 viewsFixed_It

I see the Government have announced that over-70s are to be getting invites for their vaccinations this week. This is despite the fact that my Mum, who is 85 and lives in Woodbridge, hasn't had her invite yet. Seems a tad unfair that where you live has such a bearing on how you are protected. Anyone else in the same boat?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Postcode lottery on 09:19 - Jan 18 with 2878 viewsChurchman

Yes, my dad aged 93 in Waldringfield.
Postcode lottery on 09:23 - Jan 18 with 2875 viewsGuthrum

My mother, in her early 80s, has only just received a date for her first jab.

They are desperately short of vaccinators. Friend of mine, ex-pharmacy technician, has been essentially called up (seconded from her current job) and is in training to administer the jabs.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Postcode lottery on 09:24 - Jan 18 with 2875 viewsitfcjoe

My wife's Grandad has already had 1st and 2nd jabs, and died of Covid at the weekend.....how's that for efficiency?!

No idea how it is all working, but think in some areas they are still working through Tier 1 of people (care home workers and residents) so whilst other areas are getting ahead it's very difficult for everywhere to run concurrently.

I wouldn't pay much heed to the announcement of who is going to be done, but look more at the stats of who has been done to see where it really is.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Postcode lottery on 09:25 - Jan 18 with 2842 viewsitfcjoe

Postcode lottery on 09:23 - Jan 18 by Guthrum

They are desperately short of vaccinators. Friend of mine, ex-pharmacy technician, has been essentially called up (seconded from her current job) and is in training to administer the jabs.

I know a few people who are doing this, but most are elderly so they are having to have their jabs, then sit out the incubation period, before being able to do so - which is a further 2 week delay

They have said this morning that.... on 09:27 - Jan 18 with 2824 viewsBloots

....over 70s will only get the invite in areas where the over 80s have already been vaccinated.

Obviously there are some issues with infrastructure in some areas.

Not ideal, but we were always going to see some anomalies.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

They have said this morning that.... on 09:33 - Jan 18 with 2796 viewsMonkeyAlan

They have said this morning that.... on 09:27 - Jan 18 by Bloots

....over 70s will only get the invite in areas where the over 80s have already been vaccinated.

Obviously there are some issues with infrastructure in some areas.

Not ideal, but we were always going to see some anomalies.

That's not happening. My mum is having hers on Wednesday, she is 76, but my neighbour who is 81 still hasn't heard a thing. They are both under the same surgery. In Sudbury.. Obviously there will be some discrepancies l assume though.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 9:34]
Postcode lottery on 09:37 - Jan 18 with 2755 viewsclive_baker

Postcode lottery on 09:23 - Jan 18 by Guthrum

It's anecdotal of course, but a family friend of ours proactively contacted the relevant decision makers to offer her services a few weeks back. She's been retired about 5 years from the NHS but is still in her 60's herself, and worked in the profession for about 40 years. She's given more jabs that I've had hot dinners but was not taken up on her offer. She did receive a very polite response thanking her, and perhaps its a regional issue, but I had assumed they were well covered for staff when I heard that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Postcode lottery on 09:40 - Jan 18 with 2726 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes, but that's a Welsh thing and linked to the infrastructure not up to storing the Pfizer vaccine. They're lagging behind in Wales (same as in Scotland).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Postcode lottery on 09:42 - Jan 18 with 2719 viewsPinewoodblue

Not a post code lottery but depends which doctors surgery you are signed up with. The Suffolk federation of GPS’s are running five centers across Suffolk and making a shambles of it. These centers include Woodbridge, Trinity Park and Haverhill.

I’m 74 but was sent a text message last week giving me a code to use to book online, a code that was due to expire tomorrow. They require you to book appointments for both jabs. Friday could book first jab but no dates available for second so attempt failed. Saturday I got a little further selected dates for both jabs, clicked the button to confirm and message comes up first date no longer available select again. Tried no dates available. Rang them and was offered a space in Haverhill, which I rejected, or try again Sunday

Tried this morning and they have cancelled all the codes they sent out previously, guess I wait for another one but the first text did it say it was a one time code. Not a large IT company they are in Needham Market.

A friend in Haverhill had her jab yesterday after waiting in a queue for two hours despite being given a specific time for her appointment. Her husband is several years older, 81, with dementia, but he hasn’t been contacted yet for his.

Might ring them later but going to be pot luck to get through as you are only held in the queue for sixty seconds then you get cut off.

Suspect NHS England will step in and run it. The lucky ones are those where the Surgery provide a local service.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 9:46]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Postcode lottery on 09:42 - Jan 18 with 2715 viewsPendejo

Took my uncle to be "vaxed" Saturday, he's 78 and lives in Lewisham, pop 292,000

My father hasn't even received any notification, he's 80 lives Pinewood (Babergh) but his Doctor's surgery is in Ipswich, pop 133,000.

Possibly it is because uncle is in higher risk group due to health? He was hospitalised in April.
Though I'd say he's generally healthier than my father.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Postcode lottery on 09:44 - Jan 18 with 2709 viewsSuperfrans

Anyone who has an elderly relative who should have had a jab should call their surgery, especially if they are hearing of younger patients getting jabs. Chances are, there will be a spare appointment and they will be fitted in.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Postcode lottery on 09:45 - Jan 18 with 2702 viewsBasuco

A friend of mine lives in East Harling and had his first jab 18th December whereas the Newmarket area only started giving vaccines at the end of last week. Newmarket residents also have to travel 10 miles to Mildenhall to get a jab, which is causing problems for many who cannot drive.
Postcode lottery on 09:46 - Jan 18 with 2703 viewsitfcjoe

Postcode lottery on 09:42 - Jan 18 by Pinewoodblue

Not a post code lottery but depends which doctors surgery you are signed up with. The Suffolk federation of GPS’s are running five centers across Suffolk and making a shambles of it. These centers include Woodbridge, Trinity Park and Haverhill.

I’m 74 but was sent a text message last week giving me a code to use to book online, a code that was due to expire tomorrow. They require you to book appointments for both jabs. Friday could book first jab but no dates available for second so attempt failed. Saturday I got a little further selected dates for both jabs, clicked the button to confirm and message comes up first date no longer available select again. Tried no dates available. Rang them and was offered a space in Haverhill, which I rejected, or try again Sunday

Tried this morning and they have cancelled all the codes they sent out previously, guess I wait for another one but the first text did it say it was a one time code. Not a large IT company they are in Needham Market.

A friend in Haverhill had her jab yesterday after waiting in a queue for two hours despite being given a specific time for her appointment. Her husband is several years older, 81, with dementia, but he hasn’t been contacted yet for his.

Might ring them later but going to be pot luck to get through as you are only held in the queue for sixty seconds then you get cut off.

Suspect NHS England will step in and run it. The lucky ones are those where the Surgery provide a local service.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 9:46]

My sister-in-law has been told she is a priority because she has been told she has Downs, she doesn't. But she can't get through to correct her record so now needs to decide whether to have the jab when offered, or not because she shouldn't.

Issue then becomes will she ever get one if she misses slot - as no way of updating it anywhere that she shouldn't be elgible.

Postcode lottery on 09:50 - Jan 18 with 2663 viewsgiant_stow

This seems relevant - a blog on the same sort of issues being experienced in LA

http://www.worryproofmd.com/its-all-in-the-delivery

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Postcode lottery on 09:51 - Jan 18 with 2657 viewsPinewoodblue

Postcode lottery on 09:46 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

My sister-in-law has been told she is a priority because she has been told she has Downs, she doesn't. But she can't get through to correct her record so now needs to decide whether to have the jab when offered, or not because she shouldn't.

Issue then becomes will she ever get one if she misses slot - as no way of updating it anywhere that she shouldn't be elgible.

My data was wrong but only the address. A n address I left 25 years ago, you cannot change it. They told me it was data supplied by GP and I should ring them, sent then an email. I only changed GP’s 5 years ago, they have my address recorded correctly and they had no record of the previous address.

2023 year of destiny

Postcode lottery on 09:58 - Jan 18 with 2621 viewsBasuco

Postcode lottery on 09:46 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

I would say she should attend and get the jab, purely on the grounds that she may not get another invite, I suspect there will be quite a few people get an opportunity before others that maybe should, she should not feel embarrassed about taking up the jab, just go for it.
Postcode lottery on 10:06 - Jan 18 with 2592 viewsitfcjoe

Postcode lottery on 09:58 - Jan 18 by Basuco

I would say she should attend and get the jab, purely on the grounds that she may not get another invite, I suspect there will be quite a few people get an opportunity before others that maybe should, she should not feel embarrassed about taking up the jab, just go for it.

That's my view on it - she has genuinely tried to change it and just isn't able to as the systems are totally overloaded.

Postcode lottery on 10:11 - Jan 18 with 2581 viewsWallingford_Boy

Postcode lottery on 09:24 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

My wife's Grandad has already had 1st and 2nd jabs, and died of Covid at the weekend.....how's that for efficiency?!

No idea how it is all working, but think in some areas they are still working through Tier 1 of people (care home workers and residents) so whilst other areas are getting ahead it's very difficult for everywhere to run concurrently.

I wouldn't pay much heed to the announcement of who is going to be done, but look more at the stats of who has been done to see where it really is.

Is that genuine? Your grandad (in law) had been vacinated against it with BOTH jabs, but still caught it and died of it?

Scary.

And sorry to hear, by the way.

RIP Sir Bobby

Postcode lottery on 10:15 - Jan 18 with 2562 viewsitfcjoe

Postcode lottery on 10:11 - Jan 18 by Wallingford_Boy

Is that genuine? Your grandad (in law) had been vacinated against it with BOTH jabs, but still caught it and died of it?

Scary.

It is, but he should never ever have had the 2nd jab, he'd been ill in the led up to it but had an inconclusive test which was clearly covid, but the side of family looking after him were in denial as he had different symptoms to someone who had it - long story and certainly not chucking blame about.

But had the 2nd jab on the Wednesday, and ended up in hospital Friday night before dying 8 days later this Saturday but from the after effects - fortunately it sounded quite a peaceful death, and was in end of life care at the time and managed a good nights sleep ahead of it.

Postcode lottery on 10:33 - Jan 18 with 2472 viewsclive_baker

Postcode lottery on 10:11 - Jan 18 by Wallingford_Boy

Scary.

Sorry to hear that Joe.

Worth noting that a Covid vaccination will typically take around 2 weeks to give the level of immunity we hear about. It'll do nothing for someone who already has Covid, or catches it within that period. Just wanted to add that for anyone who might be questioning the effectiveness of these vaccines. Of course they're still not 100% effective, nor do they need to be to halt this thing.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Postcode lottery on 10:41 - Jan 18 with 2439 viewsPinewoodblue

Postcode lottery on 10:33 - Jan 18 by clive_baker

Sorry to hear that Joe.

Worth noting that a Covid vaccination will typically take around 2 weeks to give the level of immunity we hear about. It'll do nothing for someone who already has Covid, or catches it within that period. Just wanted to add that for anyone who might be questioning the effectiveness of these vaccines. Of course they're still not 100% effective, nor do they need to be to halt this thing.

Agreed a very unfortunate set of circumstances. Hope no one decides not to be vaccinated as a result of true stories like this.

2023 year of destiny

Postcode lottery on 11:28 - Jan 18 with 2387 viewsEastTownBlue

Therese Coffey is aware of inconsistencies in her Suffolk Coastal constituency. Even inconsistencies from the same GP suregery.

Postcode lottery on 11:44 - Jan 18 with 2335 viewsPhilTWTD

My in-laws both over 80 are also waiting and also in Woodbridge area, all East Suffolk surgeries are having their vaccinations done at Woodbridge.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Postcode lottery on 12:28 - Jan 18 with 2246 viewsjaykay

i got text today from my drs surgery asking me to ring, to make appointment for my jab.
done this and got 10.51 on thursday. i am 71 , my daughters father inlaw had his last friday. he is 84. he has the same drs as me . i think each surgery has the vaccine and how they are rolling out is.down to them.
some in my town are under a dr in aldeburgh and they have to go to alderton for their jab.,which is 20 miles away

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Postcode lottery on 12:29 - Jan 18 with 2243 viewsFixed_It

Postcode lottery on 11:44 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

My in-laws both over 80 are also waiting and also in Woodbridge area, all East Suffolk surgeries are having their vaccinations done at Woodbridge.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well my post clearly worked ss she received a text and has managed to book online - getting her jab in Woodbridge tomorrow!
She doesn't often use her mobile, so just as well she checked. Might be worth others in a similar situation keeping an eye out. Also, when she phoned the number given they said there was a delay as they were so busy - so she tried online and (eventually) succeeded. Not ideal expecting over 80s to do it online, but hey!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024