Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinan 11:39 - Jan 22 with 2230 viewschrismakin

With possibly no jackson or Norwood tomorrow. What do you all think about Drinan.. good enough for our needs or needs a loan out when times right to do so

Ive not thought much of him... I dont see alot there tbh

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Drinan on 11:41 - Jan 22 with 2209 viewsParky

Not good enough.
Drinan on 11:45 - Jan 22 with 2198 viewsTractorWood

Don't get him. Not particularly big so can't be the vintage target man to hold the ball up. Not particularly fast to chase things down or stretch a defence. Not particularly creative or intelligent to make amazing runs or score from nothing.

I think this is the highest standard he'll play at. Famous last words.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Drinan on 11:46 - Jan 22 with 2188 viewschrismakin

Drinan on 11:45 - Jan 22 by TractorWood

Don't get him. Not particularly big so can't be the vintage target man to hold the ball up. Not particularly fast to chase things down or stretch a defence. Not particularly creative or intelligent to make amazing runs or score from nothing.

I think this is the highest standard he'll play at. Famous last words.

Completely agree. I dont see what sort of striker he is.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Drinan on 11:50 - Jan 22 with 2167 viewsBrianTablet

Drinan on 11:46 - Jan 22 by chrismakin

Completely agree. I dont see what sort of striker he is.

Poor man's Sam Parkin?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Drinan on 11:52 - Jan 22 with 2145 viewsusm

Not seen much of him, but no, not impressed so far. Ditto Hawkins, although at least he is a nuisance.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Drinan on 11:52 - Jan 22 with 2145 viewsMookamoo

Seems an average L1 player for an average L1 team. If Hawkins/Norwood/Jackson are not available he will have to do. All we can do is create more to give him every opportunity.
Drinan on 11:53 - Jan 22 with 2136 viewsMrTown

He's an odd one. Firstly and most importantly, he works his absolute konkers off, and you can't fault that.

I think he can link play quite well, back to goal, but won't score enough goals you feel.

He did look a handful last week, one off the bar and a second good header only denied by a really good save from the keeper.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Drinan on 11:57 - Jan 22 with 2107 viewsrickw

He's big, strong and hardworking, but doesn't look like much of a goal scorer.

Hopefully it can still work - he can create space for others to run into and exploit - we just have to hope the others will get there!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Login to get fewer ads

Drinan on 12:05 - Jan 22 with 2071 viewsSomethingBlue

Not up to it, at the end of the day, but decent enough at making space for those around him and given we now have a zillion attacking midfielders and wingers we need to make that work.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Drinan on 13:11 - Jan 22 with 1975 viewsGuthrum

Difficult to say. Get the ball to him more often with others in the box to help and his workrate might start to pay off.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Drinan on 13:28 - Jan 22 with 1946 viewshadleighboyblue

Drinan on 13:11 - Jan 22 by Guthrum

Difficult to say. Get the ball to him more often with others in the box to help and his workrate might start to pay off.

Sadly our coaching staff or manager haven't twigged that yet
Drinan on 13:30 - Jan 22 with 1931 viewsLetchworth_Blue

He's cr&p, along with the rest of our strikers
Drinan on 13:36 - Jan 22 with 1909 viewsitfcjoe

I think he's ok, he does the dirty stuff quite well but needs bodies around him. He has been unlucky not to get a goal yet as has had chances and been denied by post, bar and a couple of good saves.

But if he is going to be isolated it's a waste of time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Drinan on 14:21 - Jan 22 with 1862 viewsBigeze

Martin Odegaard is not wanted by Real...... ;-)
Drinan on 14:40 - Jan 22 with 1822 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd rather play Edwards as a false 9. He's the one who has been scoring the goals. Or put him up front with Drinan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Drinan on 15:21 - Jan 22 with 1774 viewsChrisd

If he plays like he did against Wigan, then yes he can. He needs those behind him to help him out and play closer to him.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 15:22]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Drinan on 15:30 - Jan 22 with 1747 viewsmonty_radio

Drinan on 11:57 - Jan 22 by rickw

He's big, strong and hardworking, but doesn't look like much of a goal scorer.

Hopefully it can still work - he can create space for others to run into and exploit - we just have to hope the others will get there!

Just as in fact Murphy wasn't much of a goalscorer either till his season when he struck gold.
Yes, he was played on the wing, but he wasn't 22, and he never had quite such poor service.
Given our plight I think Drinan has shown something that none of our others have in that he holds it up as well as any, and is more mobile than Hawkins. He has chased balls down, won possession by his own effort, and laid it off intelligently. He hasn't scored, but he hasn't missed much either on account of being given nothing.

In our predicament I can't understand the willingness to write him off yet when others such as Dobra and El Miz have shown similar flashes of being able to do whatever it is they do, but have set nothing alight yet.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Drinan on 16:08 - Jan 22 with 1711 viewsOwainG1992

He looked good first game against Wigan before he went off injured.
Hopefully this could be just the opportunity he needs.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Drinan on 16:19 - Jan 22 with 1681 viewsrickw

Drinan on 15:30 - Jan 22 by monty_radio

Just as in fact Murphy wasn't much of a goalscorer either till his season when he struck gold.
Yes, he was played on the wing, but he wasn't 22, and he never had quite such poor service.
Given our plight I think Drinan has shown something that none of our others have in that he holds it up as well as any, and is more mobile than Hawkins. He has chased balls down, won possession by his own effort, and laid it off intelligently. He hasn't scored, but he hasn't missed much either on account of being given nothing.

In our predicament I can't understand the willingness to write him off yet when others such as Dobra and El Miz have shown similar flashes of being able to do whatever it is they do, but have set nothing alight yet.

I agree completely - he doesn't have to be prolific, Firmino isn't for Liverpool or Giroud for France/Chelsea but they do the dirty stuff well and and do a good job for the team - Drinan can do that for us, assuming the likes of Edwards, Bishop and the new guys can chip in with their share

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024