Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm Lost 08:33 - Feb 2 with 1944 viewsMetal_Hacker

Prior to the past couple of days I've felt more and more out of touch as to what we're trying to achieve as a football club

The "5 Point Plan" and all the other malarkey over the past couple of months/years and with it all spiraling out of control........

And then this.....LOAN after LOAN after LOAN

Are we being fed a total load of crap from the very top for some conspiracy we're all unaware of ? What I don't know but I'm totally lost with it all

I have never ever felt as detracted from my football club...ever

Poll: If it were one or the other

I'm Lost on 08:49 - Feb 2 with 1864 viewsUB9Blue

It is very confusing...

Do you recall that bloke we had on loan from Leicester a number of years ago who criticized the loanees for not caring?

This seems like the desperate strategy of a man who denounced loans when he joined us.
I'm Lost on 08:49 - Feb 2 with 1854 viewsHerbivore

Nothing about ITFC under Evans makes any sense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm Lost on 08:51 - Feb 2 with 1836 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'm Lost on 08:49 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

Nothing about ITFC under Evans makes any sense.

Seriously I'm just bl00dy confused more than anything

It's beyond comprehension where we see ourselves now

Is it a smoke and mirrors ploy to cheer up the happy clappers ?

I'm Lost on 08:52 - Feb 2 with 1844 viewsitfcjoe

We are at the stage we were under jewell, where in isolation every deal can be justified one way or another, but the big picture is a mess

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'm Lost on 08:52 - Feb 2 with 1829 viewsSwansea_Blue

All will become clear as 'Evans' rips the mask off on the day we're relegated from League 2, to reveal it's been Delia all along.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm Lost on 08:54 - Feb 2 with 1807 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'm Lost on 08:52 - Feb 2 by Swansea_Blue

All will become clear as 'Evans' rips the mask off on the day we're relegated from League 2, to reveal it's been Delia all along.

As bizarre as that may seem I wouldn't be so surprised

I'm Lost on 08:54 - Feb 2 with 1802 viewsDarkblue

I completely get what you're saying. There appears to be absolutely no strategy whatsoever at any level in the club.

I've found over the last couple of months that I'm stuck in a cycle with supporting the club:

Anger - How can this be happening? Why are they supporting someone so clearly unsuited for the job? Why won't they communicate? It's got to the point where I want us to lose to rub it into Evans face over and over again until he learns that something needs to change

Grief: I'm genuinely upset at the state of the club. I've cancelled all finance to the club including ifollow and it's achieved nothing. Even atrocious results won't make Evans act. The future of the club looks like we're happy being a mediocre league 1 club and that is bleak.

Apathy: I've expended so much energy and it's clear that I'm powerless to make any change. I don't care anymore.

Each weekend I seem to just cycle between these emotions. The one constant is that nothing about the club brings me excitement anymore. The signings made yesterday in previous years would have had me excited but yesterday I had no excitement, absolutely nothing. It's like clear apathy emanating from the club has embedded itself into me as a supporter to the point where I'm just too weary to get excited about anything related to Town as I know it's just a false dawn.

Worst of all, I'm a relatively "young" town fan. The first season I really remember was the 03/04 season and losing to West Ham in the play offs. All I've known is mediocrity and decline - I have no real positive memories of glory or better past years to cling on to. I can't even begin to imagine how painful it must be for people who've seen us during our glory days watching this happen. The decline is awful and there's just no obvious way out.

Sorry for the long rambling - it feels like this post has been building from me for months and I've finally found the right way to articulate it. I just really want the club to be better and to experience some form of success. At this point I'd take just a trip to Wembley in the Papa Johns Trophy - that's how low my expectations are.
I'm Lost on 08:55 - Feb 2 with 1801 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'm Lost on 08:52 - Feb 2 by itfcjoe

We are at the stage we were under jewell, where in isolation every deal can be justified one way or another, but the big picture is a mess

Totally agree, in isolation I can perhaps like most , see the theory behind them BUT...

What a mess ? What a way of backtracking from initial thoughts and welcoming speech ? What a bl00dy joke !!!??

Login to get fewer ads

I'm Lost on 08:56 - Feb 2 with 1786 viewshype313

Totally agree, the one thing we all share though is the same frustrations, so at the very least we can all let out our anger on here.

Even Phil is.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I'm Lost on 08:57 - Feb 2 with 1776 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'm Lost on 08:54 - Feb 2 by Darkblue

I completely get what you're saying. There appears to be absolutely no strategy whatsoever at any level in the club.

I've found over the last couple of months that I'm stuck in a cycle with supporting the club:

Anger - How can this be happening? Why are they supporting someone so clearly unsuited for the job? Why won't they communicate? It's got to the point where I want us to lose to rub it into Evans face over and over again until he learns that something needs to change

Grief: I'm genuinely upset at the state of the club. I've cancelled all finance to the club including ifollow and it's achieved nothing. Even atrocious results won't make Evans act. The future of the club looks like we're happy being a mediocre league 1 club and that is bleak.

Apathy: I've expended so much energy and it's clear that I'm powerless to make any change. I don't care anymore.

Each weekend I seem to just cycle between these emotions. The one constant is that nothing about the club brings me excitement anymore. The signings made yesterday in previous years would have had me excited but yesterday I had no excitement, absolutely nothing. It's like clear apathy emanating from the club has embedded itself into me as a supporter to the point where I'm just too weary to get excited about anything related to Town as I know it's just a false dawn.

Worst of all, I'm a relatively "young" town fan. The first season I really remember was the 03/04 season and losing to West Ham in the play offs. All I've known is mediocrity and decline - I have no real positive memories of glory or better past years to cling on to. I can't even begin to imagine how painful it must be for people who've seen us during our glory days watching this happen. The decline is awful and there's just no obvious way out.

Sorry for the long rambling - it feels like this post has been building from me for months and I've finally found the right way to articulate it. I just really want the club to be better and to experience some form of success. At this point I'd take just a trip to Wembley in the Papa Johns Trophy - that's how low my expectations are.

"Each weekend I seem to just cycle between these emotions. The one constant is that nothing about the club brings me excitement anymore. The signings made yesterday in previous years would have had me excited but yesterday I had no excitement, absolutely nothing. It's like clear apathy emanating from the club has embedded itself into me as a supporter to the point where I'm just too weary to get excited about anything related to Town as I know it's just a false dawn "

This ....says it all for me !!

I'm Lost on 08:58 - Feb 2 with 1780 viewsGuthrum

I think it's no more complicated than: "We have a problem, throw some bodies at it".

Between Lambert scratching around for something that works and Evans' not wanting to face criticism for repeating the 2014-15 lack of January recruitment debacle, we've ended up with a sudden, last-minute influx of players. The Five Point Plan is (temporarily?) on the back burner while we try to escape from this division before the salary cap removes our already slim advantage - and season ticket sales collapse. We can't afford to buy, so loans it is.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I'm Lost on 09:00 - Feb 2 with 1740 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I'm Lost on 08:54 - Feb 2 by Metal_Hacker

As bizarre as that may seem I wouldn't be so surprised

That's the only thing I can say with certainty isn't the case. "Publicity shy" and Delia have never been in the same sentence until this one.
I'm Lost on 09:01 - Feb 2 with 1736 viewsJuggsy

Just let go and care less until something positive happens mate. It's worked for me - it's not like Evans above is listening to the poor folk.
I'm Lost on 09:02 - Feb 2 with 1725 viewsRegencyBlue

I'm Lost on 08:58 - Feb 2 by Guthrum

I think it's no more complicated than: "We have a problem, throw some bodies at it".

Between Lambert scratching around for something that works and Evans' not wanting to face criticism for repeating the 2014-15 lack of January recruitment debacle, we've ended up with a sudden, last-minute influx of players. The Five Point Plan is (temporarily?) on the back burner while we try to escape from this division before the salary cap removes our already slim advantage - and season ticket sales collapse. We can't afford to buy, so loans it is.

That pretty much sums it up!

Depressing isn’t it?
I'm Lost on 09:05 - Feb 2 with 1694 viewshomer_123

It's pretty much a perfect storm.

An absent owner who has a history of poor footballing decisions coupled with an incumbent manager who is unable to coach, encourage, inspire or manage.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I'm Lost on 09:07 - Feb 2 with 1674 viewsBlue_badge

I interpret these loans as Lambert's desperate last throw of the dice. I reckon he's approaching a break point in his contract - something along the lines of get promoted or get the sack. Any principles about minimising loans, developing our youth, are sacrificed in a scramble to get us back up the table.
Unless things turn around very quickly we'll see increasingly shambolic selections, then fingers pointed everywhere - players, fans, financial constraints - until he limps quietly away towards the end of the season.
Or, it could go wonderfully and our enhanced team tears this league a new one under his wonderful management and we get back to the promised land.
I'm Lost on 09:14 - Feb 2 with 1626 viewsN2_Blue

At the current time I'm detached from the football club I used to love (but will always support)

I have fallen out of love with Ipswich Town, we are on different paths, no longer see eye to eye and I no longer have the energy for this relationship

Maybe we can fall in love together in the future, I hope so because they will always be in my heart, but I no longer feel as I used to.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I'm Lost on 09:30 - Feb 2 with 1549 viewsPendejo

I'm Lost on 08:52 - Feb 2 by Swansea_Blue

At least if that happened there would be some comeback from FA and EFL, there being ruled about owning more than one club and all that.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I'm Lost on 09:38 - Feb 2 with 1516 viewsSwailsey

This sums up how I feel. Just...meh.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I'm Lost on 09:40 - Feb 2 with 1504 viewsBasuco

My reading is that a £2.5 million salary cap in L1 will make life tough for the "bigger" clubs, ME is showing he really does not want to stay in L1. I think it was a choice with replace PL with all the cost's that involves or spend on the money on the squad. With the question of "is PL the manager to get us promoted" a huge one. It is my view, on balance, I would rather take the gamble on promotion with loan players than watch youth players struggle to step up and compete. Town need to up the quality of players, but that involves big spending, how many of our players would walk into most Championship teams? Bishop, Downes and maybe Edwards, changing the manager is a huge gamble and form is getting better with injured players returning, stick or twist? Glad it is not me making the decisions in the current shambolic, chaotic world of football.
All makes sense to me... on 09:41 - Feb 2 with 1491 viewsPendejo

Bring in some hungry battle proven 30+ year olds to up the number of leaders on the pitch and drag us to the play offs.

What do you mean they're a bunch of teenagers?
And you've loaned out our own younger players?

Fkwt, cnt, wnkr

Just fk orf before you do anymore damage. Go, now.

Don't look around we don't need you anymore.

uberima fides

All makes sense to me... on 09:43 - Feb 2 with 1473 viewsPendejo

All makes sense to me... on 09:41 - Feb 2 by Pendejo

Bring in some hungry battle proven 30+ year olds to up the number of leaders on the pitch and drag us to the play offs.

What do you mean they're a bunch of teenagers?
And you've loaned out our own younger players?

Fkwt, cnt, wnkr

Just fk orf before you do anymore damage. Go, now.

Don't look around we don't need you anymore.

Ps. Didn't Matheson score at OT in league cup last srason?

uberima fides

I'm Lost on 09:44 - Feb 2 with 1473 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'm Lost on 09:40 - Feb 2 by Basuco

My reading is that a £2.5 million salary cap in L1 will make life tough for the "bigger" clubs, ME is showing he really does not want to stay in L1. I think it was a choice with replace PL with all the cost's that involves or spend on the money on the squad. With the question of "is PL the manager to get us promoted" a huge one. It is my view, on balance, I would rather take the gamble on promotion with loan players than watch youth players struggle to step up and compete. Town need to up the quality of players, but that involves big spending, how many of our players would walk into most Championship teams? Bishop, Downes and maybe Edwards, changing the manager is a huge gamble and form is getting better with injured players returning, stick or twist? Glad it is not me making the decisions in the current shambolic, chaotic world of football.

It's not really a gamble though is it ? We're all quite aware of PL's inability to manage / coach ANY player sufficiently to get a tune out of them

I see your point ref replace PL or bring in the loan players BUT...pointless bringing whatever standard of player in , PL will still not get a decent tune out of them due to his form over the last 2 years

Just can't see it

Rock and a hard place I guess

I'm Lost on 09:50 - Feb 2 with 1433 viewsWallingford_Boy

Blame the salary cap.

Oh and Lambert.

And Evans, a teeny bit too.

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024