Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s such a weird situation now 21:59 - Feb 9 with 2133 viewsPique

I mean, it’s basically over now isn’t it?

Lambert is done. We know it, the press knows it, the players know it, Lambert himself surely knows it.

And the season is effectively over too. Even if by some miracle we were to scrape into the play offs (which in itself is an unacceptably low target for this squad), we’d be turned over by whoever we met in the semi final given our record against the top teams in this division.

So when will Evans act? What is there left for him to cling onto?

If not now, when?
It’s such a weird situation now on 22:01 - Feb 9 with 2082 viewstownblue

Evans and Lambert waiting eachother out. Lambert wants a payoff and Evans doesn't want to cough up.
It’s such a weird situation now on 22:01 - Feb 9 with 2065 viewsWD19

You are not wrong.

But it has been this way for weeks. Arguably months.

Arguably over a year in fact.
It’s such a weird situation now on 22:01 - Feb 9 with 2057 viewsChrisd

To me PL looks like he’s doing the bare minimum in the hope he gets the sack as he knows the race is run. The fact this is being allowed to happen by our owner is even more worrying, it really is a total embarrassment of a club.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 22:18]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:02 - Feb 9 with 2035 viewsjayessess

He's determined not to sack Lambert and will take any excuse, any mitigating circumstances whatsoever, any possible hint that things might improve, as a reason not to.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:15 - Feb 9 with 1867 viewsitfcjoe

It's been done for weeks

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:18 - Feb 9 with 1797 viewsMrTown

Should have gone after Crewe, with a new appointment lined up to replace immediately.

That was the last time we had a free week in a little while, and led into a nice home game v Blackpool.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:22 - Feb 9 with 1748 viewsgazzer1999

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:15 - Feb 9 by itfcjoe

It's been done for weeks

I think he has just had his Swansea and Leeds moment, gone by the weekend. Bryan Klug picking up the pieces again.
It’s such a weird situation now on 22:22 - Feb 9 with 1740 viewshadleighboyblue

It's been done for weeks

Surely they could come to a " mutual consent " break agreement . No one can be happy with this and the damage it's doing to the club .......or is PL just being bloody minded and waiting until Evans breaks and sacks him ?

The no show post match tonight and the crazy comments by Taylor are the last straw , if Lambert had any respect for the club that has paid him handsomely for being rubbish , he would surely walk
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 22:24]
Login to get fewer ads

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:23 - Feb 9 with 1713 viewsjayessess

It's been done for weeks

If that's the case, it's so so so damaging to let this drag on. The bad atmosphere, the wasted games. Hell, you could even be giving the likely caretaker a chance to demonstrate their credentials!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:26 - Feb 9 with 1661 viewsPique

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:22 - Feb 9 by gazzer1999

I think he has just had his Swansea and Leeds moment, gone by the weekend. Bryan Klug picking up the pieces again.

For me, the reason he is done above all else is this: even if we went on some amazing run and ended up winning promotion, many (the majority?) of fans still wouldn’t forgive him or trust him to manage us in the Championship.

His position is simply untenable, there’s nowhere else for him to go and nothing else he can say or do.
It’s such a weird situation now on 22:29 - Feb 9 with 1604 viewsLowie

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:26 - Feb 9 by Pique

For me, the reason he is done above all else is this: even if we went on some amazing run and ended up winning promotion, many (the majority?) of fans still wouldn’t forgive him or trust him to manage us in the Championship.

His position is simply untenable, there’s nowhere else for him to go and nothing else he can say or do.

Without doubt, Lambert is finished - not just here but as a manager full stop. His time with us has been career ending, which is why he is angling for the sack and the payoff that will follow.

He doesn't want to be here.
It’s such a weird situation now on 22:46 - Feb 9 with 1490 viewsPique

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:29 - Feb 9 by Lowie

Without doubt, Lambert is finished - not just here but as a manager full stop. His time with us has been career ending, which is why he is angling for the sack and the payoff that will follow.

I could possibly see him getting a League Two job, or a job in the Scottish Championship maybe.

But any club of any significant size with any kind of ambition would have to be insane to employ him after what he’s done here.
It’s such a weird situation now on 22:49 - Feb 9 with 1459 viewsgainsboroughblue

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:22 - Feb 9 by hadleighboyblue

Surely they could come to a " mutual consent " break agreement . No one can be happy with this and the damage it's doing to the club .......or is PL just being bloody minded and waiting until Evans breaks and sacks him ?

The no show post match tonight and the crazy comments by Taylor are the last straw , if Lambert had any respect for the club that has paid him handsomely for being rubbish , he would surely walk
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 22:24]

Exactly. Just cut your losses, pay him up and f**k him off out of here. The long term effects of pi55ing about in this division will be far greater. He clearly doesn't want to be here any more than we want him to be. All that is happening is that we are getting further adrift. A half decent manager bounce could easily get this squad back in the top 6 within a month.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:56 - Feb 9 with 1382 viewsSimonds92

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:01 - Feb 9 by Chrisd

To me PL looks like he’s doing the bare minimum in the hope he gets the sack as he knows the race is run. The fact this is being allowed to happen by our owner is even more worrying, it really is a total embarrassment of a club.

I think that is the key word for me, an absolute embarrassment. From top to bottom there's currently nothing to be proud of with our club. Even the youth team players that are coming through who used to give us all so much positivity are being stunted by poor management and tactics.
It’s such a weird situation now on 23:27 - Feb 9 with 1221 viewsistanblue

I mean, it’s basically over now isn’t it?

It was over at the end of last season. Any ITFC manager finishing 11th in the third tier of English football should unequivocally result in his instant dismissal. This season was always hopeless with Lambert in charge.

If not now, when?

Either at season ticket renewal time or at the end of the season. Simple as.
It’s such a weird situation now on 00:35 - Feb 10 with 1126 viewsJDB23

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:01 - Feb 9 by Chrisd

It's pretty obvious from his behaviour in the summer that he was certain he was going to be sacked then, he had zero interest in the club. The fact it's 8 months later and he's still here taking us to new depths is disgraceful from Evans.
It’s such a weird situation now on 01:11 - Feb 10 with 1063 viewsThe_Last_Baron

It’s such a weird situation now on 22:29 - Feb 9 by Lowie

Agree, like Town was Paul Jewell's last management job, I believe this will be Lambert's final management job in England. The warning signs were there with a desperate relegation season where I actually felt we played better under Paul Hurst. Last season was poor and this has been as bad as you could imagine. If it wasn't for those 2-0 wins at home early in the season we would be facing a relegation battle.

If Evans brought in a new man now like he should, and the right one, I feel we would have a good chance of 6th. 21 games to go and we have some good players.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024