Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? 21:15 - Feb 17 with 3287 viewsstiff_talking

What ITFC goal means more to you than everyone else ?

The never talked about moment you are sitting on in your brain !

Mine is Marcus Stewart wonderful finish against Chelsea. Top finish by a top player. It’s a goal that never gets talked about but it was amazing

Also, Dalian Atkinson Middlesbrough goals. Wow what a great day that was! He was such an exciting player.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:17 - Feb 17 with 1926 viewsRomeo4

Bit of an obvious one but Wilnis versus Man Utd. Felt like we were back where we belonged.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:17 - Feb 17 with 1920 viewsstiff_talking

Louie Donowa also had some wonderful moments playing for ITFC and was Ipswich born
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:18 - Feb 17 with 1906 viewsstiff_talking

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:17 - Feb 17 by stiff_talking

Louie Donowa also had some wonderful moments playing for ITFC and was Ipswich born

What a goal that was from Wilnis

I was there for that moment
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:19 - Feb 17 with 1899 viewsFarmerpiles

Remember Dalian scoring with a back heel...long before Pablo's at The Valley....against I think Shrewsbury Town at the Churchmans Stand end. On his day Dalian Atkinson was worth the admission price alone.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:20 - Feb 17 with 1897 viewsgazzer1999

Warky's header at Highbury in the semi final, no coming back from that. Love the look on sir Bobby's face on match of the day, he knew we were off to Wembley.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:21 - Feb 17 with 1872 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mine's a bit odd. It was up at Bury. I'd gone up on my own, met some really nice people in the stands and then we got the 'Burley's Barmy Army' chant going for what seemed like ages. It got louder and louder and then we swept up the other end to score. I don't even remember who scored, but the players went nuts and we went nuts. That feeling of the connection with the players and the sheer ecstasy of celebrating the goal together is what football is all about imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:21 - Feb 17 with 1873 viewssimoitfc

Magilton 2nd v Bolton in playoff semi 2nd leg. Quick feet and bang ..... pick he out
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:23 - Feb 17 with 1857 viewsstiff_talking

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:21 - Feb 17 by Swansea_Blue

Mine's a bit odd. It was up at Bury. I'd gone up on my own, met some really nice people in the stands and then we got the 'Burley's Barmy Army' chant going for what seemed like ages. It got louder and louder and then we swept up the other end to score. I don't even remember who scored, but the players went nuts and we went nuts. That feeling of the connection with the players and the sheer ecstasy of celebrating the goal together is what football is all about imo.

Wasn’t Dalian back heal the last game fo the season ?

I think look East did a bit on ITFC being brilliant at times that season but just missing out with promotion and Dalian back heal being the back drop for the show review
Login to get fewer ads

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:25 - Feb 17 with 1847 viewsFtnfwest

Arnold v Nodge in the league cup replay at carrot road, set up by frans
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:26 - Feb 17 with 1837 viewsitfc_bucks

Stewies first in the Bolton semi-final.

While the second was arguably the better goal, the first gave us belief, when it was all going wrong, that we could still find a way back.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:29 - Feb 17 with 1815 viewsstiff_talking

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:26 - Feb 17 by itfc_bucks

While the second was arguably the better goal, the first gave us belief, when it was all going wrong, that we could still find a way back.

Stew Second against Bolton is a top 3 ITFC goal.

When he doesn’t shoot and turns the crowd lose themselves

He then plants the ball in the top corner when it looks to all of us that the chance is gone

Jaw dropping moment
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:30 - Feb 17 with 1807 viewsBluedanW

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:25 - Feb 17 by Ftnfwest

Arnold v Nodge in the league cup replay at carrot road, set up by frans

Reusers Geoff hurstish 4-2 settler in the play off final.

Ian Marshall volley away to Charlton superb goal

Mason away to Blackburn in the cup, the season after they won the premiership

Marcus Stewart away to Bolton in play offs, the only one I wasn't there to see. But I did spill my pint

I would mention goals on our European tour, however I was too drunk to remember any
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:31 - Feb 17 with 1799 viewsstiff_talking

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:29 - Feb 17 by stiff_talking

Stew Second against Bolton is a top 3 ITFC goal.

When he doesn’t shoot and turns the crowd lose themselves

He then plants the ball in the top corner when it looks to all of us that the chance is gone

Jaw dropping moment

Paul Mariner header (first goal) vs St Etienne

Amazing header
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:33 - Feb 17 with 1790 viewsFtnfwest

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:30 - Feb 17 by BluedanW

Reusers Geoff hurstish 4-2 settler in the play off final.

Ian Marshall volley away to Charlton superb goal

Mason away to Blackburn in the cup, the season after they won the premiership

Marcus Stewart away to Bolton in play offs, the only one I wasn't there to see. But I did spill my pint

I would mention goals on our European tour, however I was too drunk to remember any

Wasn’t Paul masons goal in the ‘there’s no easy games in football except Ipswich at home’ game? Yes enjoyed that. Mind you it’s turned into ‘there’s no bigger basket case of a club than Ipswich’ now
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:37 - Feb 17 with 1768 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Tony Humes header to equalise vs Man U in the FA Cup when we were Div2 in 88.
Viv Anderson broke my heart.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:39 - Feb 17 with 1757 viewsitfc_bucks

One I don't think I'll ever get bored of is Haynes' handball winner, up the road. Was my first and only foray to their gaff and if ever the word "scenes" should be used, it was for that day.

Got threatened with arrest by one of Norfolks finest because I didn't fancy getting herded on to the train to Ipswich. GIven I'd driven there, I thought I had a reasonable argument for not getting on the train, but apparently not!
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:39 - Feb 17 with 1754 viewsBluedanW

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:33 - Feb 17 by Ftnfwest

Wasn’t Paul masons goal in the ‘there’s no easy games in football except Ipswich at home’ game? Yes enjoyed that. Mind you it’s turned into ‘there’s no bigger basket case of a club than Ipswich’ now

They hammered us 4-1 previous season. I was there that day and ran behind the goal and swore at shearer as he took his last minute penalty. I swear he aimed the ball at my head as the net bulged in front of my face.
So the following season back in the first division it was made much sweeter by beating them
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:41 - Feb 17 with 1744 viewsBluedanW

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:39 - Feb 17 by itfc_bucks

One I don't think I'll ever get bored of is Haynes' handball winner, up the road. Was my first and only foray to their gaff and if ever the word "scenes" should be used, it was for that day.

Got threatened with arrest by one of Norfolks finest because I didn't fancy getting herded on to the train to Ipswich. GIven I'd driven there, I thought I had a reasonable argument for not getting on the train, but apparently not!

Bryan Gunns air kick takes some beating too.
I drove on my own for that game, teetotal that day but best feeling ever after a game.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:42 - Feb 17 with 1740 viewsFtnfwest

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:20 - Feb 17 by gazzer1999

Warky's header at Highbury in the semi final, no coming back from that. Love the look on sir Bobby's face on match of the day, he knew we were off to Wembley.

Best reaction ever was sir bobs face after butcher scored in cologne. We’d lost the cup semi, lost two league games in the previous four days (yes four days) to effectively end the title challenge and even scoring the away goal left Bobby a bit numb initially I think. Until Bobby f in his celebration slapped him on the back and nudged him until a huge smile broke out across his face.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:50 - Feb 17 with 1709 viewsStewart27

Am I allowed 5?

1. Magilton eaqualiser against Bolton for his hat trick
2. Kieron exactly a year earlier when he equalised in the 90th minute before throwing his boots in the crowd
3. Mason v Norwich on the Friday night
4. Taricco v Norwich on the Friday night
5. Bent’s last minute goal v Wigan before Christmas 2004
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? (n/t) on 22:02 - Feb 17 with 1675 viewsN2_Blue

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:26 - Feb 17 by itfc_bucks

His 2nd is one of my favourite goals from my favourite Town player
[Post edited 17 Feb 2021 22:04]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 22:12 - Feb 17 with 1640 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Reuser Premiership. Obvious I know.

Honourable mentions for any of the 3 Alex Mathie scored agaisnt Nodge when we beat them 5 - 1 and the Bryan Gunn air kick

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 22:20 - Feb 17 with 1617 viewsDinnernotTea

Stewart's panenka penalty vs Southampton away. 3 nil win. Hat trick. Live on Sky.

Orgasmic.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 22:42 - Feb 17 with 1551 viewsChurchman

Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 21:20 - Feb 17 by gazzer1999

That was going to be my choice. Grrr

Since I don’t think anyone’s said it yet, I’ll go obvious and say Roger’s goal at Wembley. 1-0! I was in the gallery at the other end, obviously, but sort of right behind him. I knew he’d scored when he hit it and I knew we we’d won at that moment. I went down several steps on the terrace (and at Wembley they were big uns), lost my jacket that was between my feet, mayhem.

5th goal by Reuser against Bolton was crazy too. Wonderful.
Guilty Pleasure - ITFC goal that means more to you than anyone else ? on 22:49 - Feb 17 with 1534 viewshatch

I feel for younger fans whose answer will be Priskin v Arsenal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024