Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Harris on the shortlist 12:33 - Feb 18 with 6620 viewschrismakin

That's worse than Lambert.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:34 - Feb 18 with 3650 viewshype313

That really would be the kiss of death for any potential ST renewals.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:34 - Feb 18 with 3641 viewsHerbivore

When did you see the shortlist? Who else is on it?

I'm hoping we don't go for Neil Harris. Seems a decent guy but has done nothing as a manager.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:37 - Feb 18 with 3601 viewschrismakin

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:34 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

When did you see the shortlist? Who else is on it?

I'm hoping we don't go for Neil Harris. Seems a decent guy but has done nothing as a manager.

Just seen Philip mention hes been spoke to.

Sorry but if he got the job.. my word that's a bad time

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:38 - Feb 18 with 3571 viewsN2_Blue

It is and i despair.

But there is a bigger problem here.

Look at the comments of Lambert. and look at our feelings towards Evans. Then ask yourself what manager with any ounce of success and integrity is going to consider managing Ipswich Town.

If i was Cook or the Cowley's I'd go nowhere near it. We are far more likely to finish any managers career than them have a modicum of success and come out with reputation intact.

Basically we are screwed. I think out only hope is a former player yet to manage who loves the club (e.g. Dyer) in the hope they want the opportunity to be a hero with fans. That comes with a risk clearly and could see us continue our decline if it goes wrong but i don't see what else is feasible.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 12:40]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:39 - Feb 18 with 3553 viewsHerbivore

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:37 - Feb 18 by chrismakin

Just seen Philip mention hes been spoke to.

Sorry but if he got the job.. my word that's a bad time

Ah yeah, I think Phil said his name had come up a few weeks ago actually. Christ, that's depressing. Appointing a manager who has just been sacked for not being very good isn't a great idea. Like I say, nice guy but he's shown nothing to suggest he's a decent manager.

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:39 - Feb 18 with 3553 viewsSWGF

Harris or Sherwood

I'm convinced of it

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:39 - Feb 18 with 3532 viewsOsborneOneNil

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:38 - Feb 18 by N2_Blue

It is and i despair.

Look at the comments of Lambert. and look at our feelings towards Evans. Then ask yourself what manager with any ounce of success and integrity is going to consider managing Ipswich Town.

If i was Cook or the Cowley's I'd go nowhere near it. We are far more likely to finish any managers career than them have a modicum of success and come out with reputation intact.

Basically we are screwed. I think out only hope is a former player yet to manage who loves the club (e.g. Dyer) in the hope they want the opportunity to be a hero with fans. That comes with a risk clearly and could see us continue our decline if it goes wrong but i don't see what else is feasible.

Or, we get taken over soon and Pearson comes in to take us to the Prem in 2 years.

Ideal.
Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:40 - Feb 18 with 3524 viewsHerbivore

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:39 - Feb 18 by SWGF

Harris or Sherwood

I'm convinced of it

Why do you want to ruin my day?

Login to get fewer ads

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:43 - Feb 18 with 3473 viewsN2_Blue

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:39 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Ah yeah, I think Phil said his name had come up a few weeks ago actually. Christ, that's depressing. Appointing a manager who has just been sacked for not being very good isn't a great idea. Like I say, nice guy but he's shown nothing to suggest he's a decent manager.

Herbs, how are we going to get a decent manager?

What decent manager is going to be interested in managing this club based on the grave yard of managers over the last 12 years, the lack of structure in the club, having an owner that is clearly more of a problem behind the scenes than is publicly known.

We are in L1 with a monumental amount of issues. Decent managers will not be here. It's either inexperienced or someone trying to attempt to get their careers started again because no one else will touch them.

That is depressing but its the reality

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:44 - Feb 18 with 3446 viewsDanTheMan

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:39 - Feb 18 by SWGF

Harris or Sherwood

I'm convinced of it

I think I'd just give up caring if either of those happened.

It would be such a bad reading of the room by ME that I can't bring myself to imagine what it would be like.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:45 - Feb 18 with 3446 viewsN2_Blue

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:39 - Feb 18 by OsborneOneNil

Or, we get taken over soon and Pearson comes in to take us to the Prem in 2 years.

Ideal.

erm, and which is more likely.

We are not getting taken over. Evans isn't selling. There is some crap behind the scenes and Evans is lost, but he is no nearer selling up than anytime before

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:48 - Feb 18 with 3396 viewsjayessess

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:43 - Feb 18 by N2_Blue

What decent manager is going to be interested in managing this club based on the grave yard of managers over the last 12 years, the lack of structure in the club, having an owner that is clearly more of a problem behind the scenes than is publicly known.

We are in L1 with a monumental amount of issues. Decent managers will not be here. It's either inexperienced or someone trying to attempt to get their careers started again because no one else will touch them.

I think you're over-thinking this. Paul Lambert got given a lot of time and a very generous salary. He's left the club in a woeful position relative to its resources.

Time, money and a high likelihood that even without much effort you'll improve on your predecessor. If it goes wrong, you can point to the club being a basket case.

Who wouldn't be interested in a free hit for £0.5m a year?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:53 - Feb 18 with 3342 viewsRadlett_blue

We're playing roulette. I doubt that the likes of Nigel Pearson would come here, but Sheffield United lucked out with Chris Wilder so I think trying someone from the lower leagues is our best bet of hitting the jackpot. didn't work with Paul Hurst, unfortunately, but every managerial appointment is something of a gamble.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:56 - Feb 18 with 3301 viewsdavblue

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:38 - Feb 18 by N2_Blue

It is and i despair.

Dyer needs to steer clear of the job at the minute, it's not the right time.

He wouldn't turn it down but unless he's brilliant at every facet of his job he will fail here, there's no structure or support for an experienced manager let alone a rookie.
Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:56 - Feb 18 with 3293 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert is just bigging this up to try and save face - every manager who has been appointed by Evans has liked working here and stayed on good terms with him after thier exit, lambert will be no different despite this attempt to save face now

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:59 - Feb 18 with 3261 viewsN2_Blue

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:48 - Feb 18 by jayessess

I think you're over-thinking this. Paul Lambert got given a lot of time and a very generous salary. He's left the club in a woeful position relative to its resources.

Time, money and a high likelihood that even without much effort you'll improve on your predecessor. If it goes wrong, you can point to the club being a basket case.

Who wouldn't be interested in a free hit for £0.5m a year?

Other than McCarthy who has improved on their predecessor? And Mcarthy was an ex International manager with proven calibre.

There is so such thing as a free hit. Evans probably is going to pay a decent salary to a manager again as he realises he doesn't get anything for it.

I think we will find it very hard to bring in someone fans are happy and can unite behind unfortunately. It's going to be an incredibly underwhelming appointment when it does happen....but then they can't really do any worse....or can they? Everyone assumed relegation would stop our decline...we are too big a club etc. Well we haven't stopped that decline yet and are only heading one way. L2 is near than Championship

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:59 - Feb 18 with 3252 viewsCoco

If he gets it then it proves once and for all that everything Evans says is just mere rhetoric.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 13:02 - Feb 18 with 3225 viewsMattinLondon

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:56 - Feb 18 by davblue

He wouldn't turn it down but unless he's brilliant at every facet of his job he will fail here, there's no structure or support for an experienced manager let alone a rookie.

Flip side being - he knows the players, watches them play regularly so will have his own views on what can be improved. Is probably well liked in football so will be on good terms with managers.

Played under managers who like playing football.
Neil Harris on the shortlist on 13:04 - Feb 18 with 3186 viewsdavblue

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 13:02 - Feb 18 by MattinLondon

Flip side being - he knows the players, watches them play regularly so will have his own views on what can be improved. Is probably well liked in football so will be on good terms with managers.

Played under managers who like playing football.

It would be a massive risk for him and us.

His managerial career could be finished before it even starts. There's a right time and wrong time to take a job. For him professionally i personally think it would be with the state of the club and the job he would have to do.

He couldn't turn it down i suspect and he could be a roaring success.
Neil Harris on the shortlist on 13:05 - Feb 18 with 3172 viewsjayessess

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:59 - Feb 18 by N2_Blue

Other than McCarthy who has improved on their predecessor? And Mcarthy was an ex International manager with proven calibre.

There is so such thing as a free hit. Evans probably is going to pay a decent salary to a manager again as he realises he doesn't get anything for it.

I think we will find it very hard to bring in someone fans are happy and can unite behind unfortunately. It's going to be an incredibly underwhelming appointment when it does happen....but then they can't really do any worse....or can they? Everyone assumed relegation would stop our decline...we are too big a club etc. Well we haven't stopped that decline yet and are only heading one way. L2 is near than Championship

None of our other managers inherited the club halfway down a league full of much smaller clubs with far fewer resources. As a manager, you'd have to be astonishingly lacking in confidence to imagine you'd make a greater hash of it than Lambert has.

Like I say, the pay cheque and the job security are, in themselves, a massive attraction.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 13:08]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 13:06 - Feb 18 with 3159 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What shortlist?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 13:07 - Feb 18 with 3143 viewshadleighboyblue

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 12:56 - Feb 18 by davblue

Agree it's not the right time for Dyer .

Too much of a mess to sort out , including players out of contract and others we need to get rid of , it's a major overhaul .

If he was to take it , it would be essential that he had a great team of people working with him that he could trust .

People that care about ITFC would make a nice change too .
Neil Harris on the shortlist on 13:07 - Feb 18 with 3137 viewsalfie2002

Didn’t he get Millwall out of league one?
Neil Harris on the shortlist on 13:10 - Feb 18 with 3108 viewsParamedic

I don’t think there is a short list at all. I think he’s going to let Lambert go on and on and allow the club to rot further and further into decline. Really worried about what the future holds for this club right now.

AllalallalSunderland

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 13:13 - Feb 18 with 3059 viewsitfcjoe

Neil Harris on the shortlist on 13:04 - Feb 18 by davblue

It would be a massive risk for him and us.

His managerial career could be finished before it even starts. There's a right time and wrong time to take a job. For him professionally i personally think it would be with the state of the club and the job he would have to do.

He couldn't turn it down i suspect and he could be a roaring success.

There's never a good time to take a job - the chances of Dyer getting a job at this level in his whole career are minimal in reality, he would be desperate for it.

Look at someone like Sol Campbell, did a terriffic job at Macclesfield and ends up at Southend who were utterly awful and now he's tarnished again. Bellamy is Mr Keen to get a job, he was at Cardiff U18s, now at Anderlecht U21s. Joey Barton starts at Fleetwood.

The only chance Dyer has to get a job of this size is here, and being right place right time, or blowing the doors off at a club below us where the constraints will be massive.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024