Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... 09:30 - Feb 19 with 6444 viewsKieran_Knows

... will play for us again - whilst Lambert is manager.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 17:56 - Feb 19 with 962 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 17:52 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

Think he's goading the owner into sacking him now. Think he just wants his pay-off and to move on.

*larger payoff

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 17:57 - Feb 19 with 963 viewsParky

Think he's goading the owner into sacking him now. Think he just wants his pay-off and to move on.

If that’s the case, what is honestly one reason for keeping him on until next week?

We have 2 massive games before we play Doncaster, against ‘promotion rivals’ where we could even have a little bounce with Dyer as caretaker for the two games.

Also, I’m sure I’m right in saying Evans sacked Magilton and Mick via text - so why would this time be any different, especially in a pandemic?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 17:57]
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 18:27 - Feb 19 with 915 viewsRadlett_blue

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 17:57 - Feb 19 by Parky

If that’s the case, what is honestly one reason for keeping him on until next week?

We have 2 massive games before we play Doncaster, against ‘promotion rivals’ where we could even have a little bounce with Dyer as caretaker for the two games.

Also, I’m sure I’m right in saying Evans sacked Magilton and Mick via text - so why would this time be any different, especially in a pandemic?

I can only presume Evans will negotiate a mutually acceptable severance package with Lambert next week. Yes, I'd give the job until the end of the season to Dyer & Butcher - they can't do any worse!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 18:28 - Feb 19 with 911 viewschicoazul

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 09:43 - Feb 19 by Dubtractor

Yep. ME is being amazingly negligent to let this continue now.

He doesn’t care.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 18:35 - Feb 19 with 899 viewsParky

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 18:27 - Feb 19 by Radlett_blue

I can only presume Evans will negotiate a mutually acceptable severance package with Lambert next week. Yes, I'd give the job until the end of the season to Dyer & Butcher - they can't do any worse!

Why does that have to wait until next week to be done in person?
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 18:38 - Feb 19 with 888 viewsRadlett_blue

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 18:35 - Feb 19 by Parky

Why does that have to wait until next week to be done in person?

Because if Evans did that, he might have to pay off Lambert in full. I don't think anyone would wish to do that.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 18:46 - Feb 19 with 868 viewsParky

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 18:38 - Feb 19 by Radlett_blue

Because if Evans did that, he might have to pay off Lambert in full. I don't think anyone would wish to do that.

I’m sure they could negotiate over the phone, or computer is what I’m saying.
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:05 - Feb 19 with 840 viewsEl_Fenix

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 18:28 - Feb 19 by chicoazul

He doesn’t care.

Evans is having to deal with far bigger problems than ITFC. The Events industry has been devastated by Covid to a greater extent than even the Travel and Hospitality industries.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Login to get fewer ads

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:06 - Feb 19 with 836 viewspointofblue

I just hope he goes too far at this stage and give Evans the opportunity to get rid of him via constructive dismissal.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:13 - Feb 19 with 821 viewsjayessess

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:06 - Feb 19 by pointofblue

I just hope he goes too far at this stage and give Evans the opportunity to get rid of him via constructive dismissal.

You mean "gross misconduct" - when you do something so egregious that you can be summarily dismissed.

"Constructive dismissal" is the other way round - it's when your boss makes it so impossible for you at work that you are in effect forced to leave.

Government guidelines on "gross misconduct" as follows:

"Gross misconduct

Gross misconduct can include things like theft, physical violence, gross negligence or serious insubordination.

With gross misconduct, you can dismiss the employee immediately as long as you follow a fair procedure. You should investigate the incident and give the employee a chance to respond before deciding to dismiss them."

[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 19:15]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:15 - Feb 19 with 814 viewspointofblue

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:13 - Feb 19 by jayessess

You mean "gross misconduct" - when you do something so egregious that you can be summarily dismissed.

"Constructive dismissal" is the other way round - it's when your boss makes it so impossible for you at work that you are in effect forced to leave.

"Gross misconduct

Gross misconduct can include things like theft, physical violence, gross negligence or serious insubordination.

With gross misconduct, you can dismiss the employee immediately as long as you follow a fair procedure. You should investigate the incident and give the employee a chance to respond before deciding to dismiss them."

Ah sorry - yes. Gross misconduct. Though Lambert might try and get Evans back with constructive dismissal.

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:17 - Feb 19 with 811 viewsjayessess

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:15 - Feb 19 by pointofblue

Ah sorry - yes. Gross misconduct. Though Lambert might try and get Evans back with constructive dismissal.

both would likely involve expensive court proceedings, so I imagine both parties would prefer to settle

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:26 - Feb 19 with 793 viewspointofblue

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:17 - Feb 19 by jayessess

both would likely involve expensive court proceedings, so I imagine both parties would prefer to settle

Didn’t Lambert take Norwich to court after he left them?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:37 - Feb 19 with 781 viewsPhilTWTD

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 17:57 - Feb 19 by Parky

He called Jim rather than texting him, because he'd gone back to Northern Ireland as his mother was ill and missed the meeting which was scheduled where he would have been sacked. Mick wasn't sacked, of course, they agreed between them that it would end before he did his pre-planned press conference walkout.
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:37 - Feb 19 with 779 viewsVic

Incredibly poor by Lambert. But not very professional of Nolan either. Probably pretty indicative of the lack of respect a number of the players now seem to have for Lambert.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:39 - Feb 19 with 777 viewsPhilTWTD

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 18:27 - Feb 19 by Radlett_blue

I think that's probably all that's left to do, sort the terms of the exit.

And I agree, give to Kieron and Terry to the end of the season.
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:40 - Feb 19 with 772 viewsPhilTWTD

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 18:46 - Feb 19 by Parky

I’m sure they could negotiate over the phone, or computer is what I’m saying.

PL did say the meeting may be via computer.
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:45 - Feb 19 with 751 viewsWeWereZombies

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:26 - Feb 19 by pointofblue

Didn’t Lambert take Norwich to court after he left them?

But however much we are exasperated by him at the moment we wouldn't hold that against him, would we?

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/paul-lambert-taking-norwich-city-to-tribunal-for-2m

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:51 - Feb 19 with 735 viewsParky

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:40 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

PL did say the meeting may be via computer.

I guess my thinking was that we have two important games coming up, with a manager in charge that knows he’s likely to get sacked next week.
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 20:00 - Feb 19 with 719 viewsRyorry

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:37 - Feb 19 by Vic

Incredibly poor by Lambert. But not very professional of Nolan either. Probably pretty indicative of the lack of respect a number of the players now seem to have for Lambert.

Remember that Nolan & his wife have a 6-month old baby. Surely there should be a difference between expecting a player with no family committments to travel to support the team or in case of injury to someone on the bench before k/o; and someone with a family situation that needs support?

A good man-manager would understand his players as people & put his arm round where needed - even just on a pragmatic level, you get better input from your workforce if you do that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 20:00 - Feb 19 with 720 viewsPhilTWTD

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:51 - Feb 19 by Parky

I guess my thinking was that we have two important games coming up, with a manager in charge that knows he’s likely to get sacked next week.

I can only think he wants to get the money side of the exit done, other than that I think it's all over. But agree with you, two important games with a manager who knows he's on the way out and is positively encouraging it.
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 20:10 - Feb 19 with 680 viewsstopmoaning

I think Nolan is a decent midfielder, and Jackson is a decent forward.

And both will play a part when Lambert goes.
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 20:23 - Feb 19 with 660 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 09:42 - Feb 19 by BlueWorldOrder

As much as I don't like Lambert, Nolan has been one of our worse ever signings. He's had a few good games but he's largely been out of his depth here and Jackson was okay at best but equally not a life or death player we need. Plus when he got himself sent off last season right when we needed him was pathetic.

I do get the feeling that some of the Hurst crew are milking us for all we're worth.

It’s not a high bar admittedly but for me Nolan is easily one of our best 5 players

Lambert Out. Evans Out.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 20:39 - Feb 19 with 646 viewsEireannach_gorm

Great to see Paul is implementing the squad reduction that is necessary to make us a lean mean fighting machine.
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 21:09 - Feb 19 with 601 viewsStenvict

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 19:13 - Feb 19 by jayessess

"Gross misconduct

We should sack him for theft then. He has stolen a living here.

Poll: What will be announced first?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024