Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... 09:30 - Feb 19 with 6446 viewsKieran_Knows

... will play for us again - whilst Lambert is manager.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:43 - Feb 19 with 1457 viewsLamby95

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:31 - Feb 19 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Compare Lambert's comments after Nolan's tackle at Lincoln as well. Jackson's, although bad, had no intent or malice in it. Nolan's only thought was to stop the player and bring him down. Nolan was basically applauded by Lambert after the match
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:46 - Feb 19 with 1459 viewsPhilTWTD

Expect them back in the squad for the Doncaster game then.
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:47 - Feb 19 with 1447 viewsBryanPlug

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:43 - Feb 19 by Lamby95

Compare Lambert's comments after Nolan's tackle at Lincoln as well. Jackson's, although bad, had no intent or malice in it. Nolan's only thought was to stop the player and bring him down. Nolan was basically applauded by Lambert after the match

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:48 - Feb 19 with 1435 viewsBryanPlug

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:46 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:49 - Feb 19 with 1424 viewsjayessess

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:46 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

that long?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:50 - Feb 19 with 1430 viewsPhilTWTD

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 09:49 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

Stuart Watson covered it on KoA pod the other day

Nolan had started v Sunderland, was expecting to start v Crewe

He was told Thursday or Friday he wasn't starting and on the bench

Went to Crewe on Friday, stayed overnight, then team announced and he wasn't on the bench

Asked why and was told it was because he'd been over zealous in training the day before - and then presumably kicked off about saying he'd rather have stayed at home - rather than being dragged to the other end of the country and embarrassed and punished for something he'd done before he left

He wasn't told anything, think that's the crux of the issue, he assumed he was in the 18 and didn't know until an hour or so before kick-off that he wasn't on the bench. He took the matter up and made the comment about how he would have been better off at home with his wife and kids.
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:53 - Feb 19 with 1401 viewsPhilTWTD

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:48 - Feb 19 by BryanPlug

Think the writing's on the wall, isn't it? I was being a little facetious but I would expect the meeting to lead to an end to matters, depending on when it is either for Hull but probably ahead of Doncaster I would have thought.
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:54 - Feb 19 with 1374 viewsBryanPlug

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:53 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

Think the writing's on the wall, isn't it? I was being a little facetious but I would expect the meeting to lead to an end to matters, depending on when it is either for Hull but probably ahead of Doncaster I would have thought.

Login to get fewer ads

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 11:58 - Feb 19 with 1357 viewsRomeo4

No matter what way you look at this, being banished from the first team set-up benefits no one.

I understand the need for a code of conduct at a football club but this type of punishment is very petty and schoolboyish. Seems to be an accepted approach in football. Very odd when dealing with grown adults if you ask me!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 11:59]
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 12:05 - Feb 19 with 1333 viewspointofblue

And here’s me thinking they would be discussing a further contract extension!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 12:07 - Feb 19 with 1328 viewsElderGrizzly

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 09:41 - Feb 19 by StokieBlue

Lambert can fook off.

Just more and more shameful nonsense from him on a daily basis.

SB

And of course, this is just par of the course for Lambert

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-bomb-s
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 12:08 - Feb 19 with 1318 viewsfooters

Oh good, plenty of time to give the new man time to settle in and get us promoted.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 12:38 - Feb 19 with 1196 viewsWeWereZombies

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 12:07 - Feb 19 by ElderGrizzly

And of course, this is just par of the course for Lambert

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-bomb-s

That is quite an interesting read.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 12:40 - Feb 19 with 1175 viewsWickets

Well if you are right Phil ? i cannot see the point in him being in charge tomorrow !
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 12:47 - Feb 19 with 1147 viewsSwansea_Blue

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 12:40 - Feb 19 by Wickets

Well if you are right Phil ? i cannot see the point in him being in charge tomorrow !

Or for the last 2 months, but then let's not be too hasty about trying to salvage our season eh? Plenty of time to make a decision in the summer.

It's so frustrating.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 12:49 - Feb 19 with 1138 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Doesn't Evans usually sack his managers over the phone?
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 12:52 - Feb 19 with 1123 viewsWeWereZombies

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 12:49 - Feb 19 by abracaDOBRA_

Doesn't Evans usually sack his managers over the phone?

Using Skype saves on call charges...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 13:02 - Feb 19 with 1088 viewsElderGrizzly

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 12:38 - Feb 19 by WeWereZombies

That is quite an interesting read.

And we're seeing the same here now, albeit on a smaller scale.

Hundreds of thousands a month in wages bombed out the squad, grudges held for contradictory reasons.

Just this time, he won't be here long enough to reintroduce anyone. We hope...
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 13:06 - Feb 19 with 1045 viewsMrTown

No he'll wrap ME around his finger. Won't be sacked.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 13:10 - Feb 19 with 1023 viewspatrickswell

I know we're piling in on Lambert, but it says everything about their time here that I really can't get upset if never plays for us again. Neither has really performed to a level where they're indispensible based on what we've seen. Jackson lacks composure and Nolan hides too often.
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 13:12 - Feb 19 with 1006 viewsMrTown

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 13:10 - Feb 19 by patrickswell

I know we're piling in on Lambert, but it says everything about their time here that I really can't get upset if never plays for us again. Neither has really performed to a level where they're indispensible based on what we've seen. Jackson lacks composure and Nolan hides too often.

I think there is a player in Nolan, but seemingly plays within himself a lot. Could a different manager get something out him, maybe.

Jackson - not for me - get rid.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 13:15 - Feb 19 with 990 viewsCrayonKing

I pray you’re right but with Evans making the decision he’s just as likely to give him a new contract and pay a bit of lip service to improving the structure at the club!
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 13:22 - Feb 19 with 947 viewssflurrie

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 09:35 - Feb 19 by Kieran_Knows

Lambert: I Won’t Have a Player Say They’d Rather Be at Home With the Wife and Kids 19th Feb 2021 09:24
Town boss Paul Lambert says Kayden Jackson and Jon Nolan, banished to train with the U23s, have let the club down, let themselves down and let their team-mates down. 91

The next time he references his game in 1997, Maybe someone could mention how Ottmar Hitzfeld must have been an amazing manager for Dortmund at the time.

zzzz
Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 15:02 - Feb 19 with 774 viewsSWGF

I'm very much enjoying facetious, laissez-faire Phil

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 17:52 - Feb 19 with 649 viewsPhilTWTD

Doesn't sound like Nolan or Jackson.... on 13:06 - Feb 19 by MrTown

No he'll wrap ME around his finger. Won't be sacked.

Think he's goading the owner into sacking him now. Think he just wants his pay-off and to move on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024