Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The kind of performance that once upon a time 20:36 - Feb 23 with 5356 viewsBluefish

Would have been described as an ugly win with supporters saying it is awful to watch and our football is sh*t

Nowadays it feels like we Brazil

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 08:15 - Feb 24 with 448 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 08:12 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

Doesn't really work, but nice effort. Enjoy your day, if you're lucky someone might take the bait.

Seems I've already hit a raw nerve

It's ok Herbs. Just accept we played well and cross your fingers and pray it's not enough to save him. That's what I'm doing.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Not a bad effort Fishface.... on 08:15 - Feb 24 with 448 viewstractorboy1978

Not a bad effort Fishface.... on 07:42 - Feb 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Edwards is a passenger, doesn't influence games - Edwards is STILL top scorer and STILL joint top assister - Never been wrong.

Oh yeah, you're wrong.

Very wrong.

To be fair, the fact he's top scorer with 5 goals and top assister with 3 assists is a damning inditement of how poor we've been more than anything else. That Blackpool away performance is the type we need to see from him regularly and we just haven't.
Not a bad effort Fishface.... on 08:27 - Feb 24 with 421 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Not a bad effort Fishface.... on 08:15 - Feb 24 by tractorboy1978

To be fair, the fact he's top scorer with 5 goals and top assister with 3 assists is a damning inditement of how poor we've been more than anything else. That Blackpool away performance is the type we need to see from him regularly and we just haven't.

He's a winger, and has been injured for two months. 5 goals and 3 assists in a poor team ain't bad. It certainly doesn't suggest he has no influence on games, as Blubbers attests.

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 08:29 - Feb 24 with 416 viewsGlasgowBlue

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 08:15 - Feb 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Seems I've already hit a raw nerve

It's ok Herbs. Just accept we played well and cross your fingers and pray it's not enough to save him. That's what I'm doing.

Sad to see herbie having a meltdown over an Ipswich win. Somebody should have taken that shovel off him and locked it in his shed.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Not a bad effort Fishface.... on 08:31 - Feb 24 with 406 viewsBluefish

Not a bad effort Fishface.... on 08:15 - Feb 24 by tractorboy1978

1 of those assists was a miscontrol that he tried to chest down and it bounced off him 5 to 10 yards away and someone got on the end of it. It was hardly picking someone out to lay a goal on

Another was a poor cross in the box that missed everyone and left the box but Chambers ran on to it and smashed it in the corner from 20 yards out. Again hardly laying a goal on for someone

Can't remember the 3rd, hopefully it was deliberate

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 08:45 - Feb 24 with 378 viewsHerbivore

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 22:16 - Feb 23 by StokieBlue

I'm really not sure it was all those things but glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed the match but I we will have to differ on it being a joy to watch.

To me it looked like a solid performance against a Hull team who by their own commentators admission were pretty rubbish and have been unable to score at home for a number of games.

So in summary, a good win which shows that a simple change of getting more people forward and less faffing at the back can make a huge difference. Norwood was also very good and makes a difference when he plays.

Hopefully we can build on it going forward but not under Lambert.

SB

The BBC match report described the second half as "nondescript". Hull have only won once in six games so form wise are in as bad a place as us (worse now in fact).

Lambert out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 08:48 - Feb 24 with 372 viewsBluefish

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 08:45 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

The BBC match report described the second half as "nondescript". Hull have only won once in six games so form wise are in as bad a place as us (worse now in fact).

Lambert out.

Anyone getting their knickers in a twist claiming it to be a top performance isn't worth listening to. It was a mile better than the usual Lambert rubbish but it was a basic performance. It was a team without coaching chucked on to play a back to basics 442. It shows how the usual tactics have been dragging us down and having no tactics improved us. No just imagine what a competent savvy manager could do with that

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 08:54 - Feb 24 with 363 viewsHerbivore

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 08:48 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

Anyone getting their knickers in a twist claiming it to be a top performance isn't worth listening to. It was a mile better than the usual Lambert rubbish but it was a basic performance. It was a team without coaching chucked on to play a back to basics 442. It shows how the usual tactics have been dragging us down and having no tactics improved us. No just imagine what a competent savvy manager could do with that

It's how we got off to a good start last season. 4-4-2,Skuse and Downes in the middle of the park, a pretty solid and workmanlike set up that kept it tight and nicked a goal or two. That's all you need at this level when you've got good players as the league itself is sh1te. The second Lambert tries anything 'clever' it goes wrong, and I suspect the way we've played the last two games will likely get sussed out soon.

It's also peak Lambert that we've spaffed decent cash on six loan signings and looked awful when we picked five of them in the same team, and since reducing the number of loanees in the side to two we've played better.

Login to get fewer ads

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 08:54 - Feb 24 with 362 viewshype313

Whilst I welcome a win, I'm concerned that this will give him a stay of execution.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:22 - Feb 24 with 343 viewsblueislander

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 08:54 - Feb 24 by hype313

Whilst I welcome a win, I'm concerned that this will give him a stay of execution.

My my! After a period of incubation, the febrile imagination ,and brilliant mind of Blubfish , has come up with a new expression with which to troll. And it is working. i
The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:23 - Feb 24 with 337 viewshype313

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:22 - Feb 24 by blueislander

My my! After a period of incubation, the febrile imagination ,and brilliant mind of Blubfish , has come up with a new expression with which to troll. And it is working. i

Come again?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:33 - Feb 24 with 328 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lambert out.

Speaking of form, there are now only three teams above us in the league who have better form over the last 5 games. Peterborough, Lincoln and Sunderland.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:37 - Feb 24 with 318 viewsHerbivore

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:33 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

Speaking of form, there are now only three teams above us in the league who have better form over the last 5 games. Peterborough, Lincoln and Sunderland.

That's surprising. We're 11th in Phil's form table, which is over 6 games.

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:40 - Feb 24 with 310 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Lambert out.

That is because our central backs' pair was tough to break down and restricted Hull forwards to very little.

Wilks had scored a hat-trick against Doncaster last Saturday. One of the league's top goalscorers. Last night though he certainly didn't enjoy the life against Nsiala and Wilson.

It was us who should have won by the higher margin but for the chances missed by Norwood and Parrott.

Wilks and their other forwards wish they had faced the same ITFC defence that was badly beaten by them earlier on this season at Portman Road.
Not a bad effort Fishface.... on 09:40 - Feb 24 with 305 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Not a bad effort Fishface.... on 08:31 - Feb 24 by Bluefish

1 of those assists was a miscontrol that he tried to chest down and it bounced off him 5 to 10 yards away and someone got on the end of it. It was hardly picking someone out to lay a goal on

Another was a poor cross in the box that missed everyone and left the box but Chambers ran on to it and smashed it in the corner from 20 yards out. Again hardly laying a goal on for someone

Can't remember the 3rd, hopefully it was deliberate

Doesn't really matter how they came about, he influenced those games (and is joint top at it).

What about his goals? Did they all just ricochet in off his bum?

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:41 - Feb 24 with 300 viewsHerbivore

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:40 - Feb 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

That is because our central backs' pair was tough to break down and restricted Hull forwards to very little.

Wilks had scored a hat-trick against Doncaster last Saturday. One of the league's top goalscorers. Last night though he certainly didn't enjoy the life against Nsiala and Wilson.

It was us who should have won by the higher margin but for the chances missed by Norwood and Parrott.

Wilks and their other forwards wish they had faced the same ITFC defence that was badly beaten by them earlier on this season at Portman Road.

Okay, mate.

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:45 - Feb 24 with 282 viewsStokieBlue

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:40 - Feb 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

I don't think it was as simple as that.

Both Wilson and Toto were good and look a solid partnership (Toto shouldn't really have been booked) but I think the main difference is that they weren't asking for the ball on the edge of our own box. They ran up to the halfway line and made Holy kick it longer. This had the effect of moving the area we were playing in much further up the pitch and thus a lot less pressure on us if a mistake is made and another line of defence if one is made (usually the ball with the defenders would mean any mistake would have no cover behind them).

I think the rest of the performance was covered in my previous posts.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:47 - Feb 24 with 277 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lambert out.

Haha, you are so fooking desperate. Before the game they were expected to slaughter us. Now we've won and played very well it's total revisionism and they weren't that good after all.

The BBC match report is one of the briefest match reports I've ever seen. It's not even written by the BBC ("supplied to the BBC by PA Media", whoever they are) and there is very little detail about the game. Try reading a proper report, or listening to what people are saying on here, rather than this desperate straw-clutching.

Lambert out.

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:47 - Feb 24 with 274 viewsitfcjoe

It was the sort of performance if you got the players to play how they want to that they would put out.

It was decent, and a deserved win - but the fact it's taken 100 games to come up with what is basically a 4411 played at a high tempo is quite damning.

If we can build on it and not mess about over next few games we may get into the mix, still well short of expectations but the best we can hope for

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:48 - Feb 24 with 274 viewsfooters

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:47 - Feb 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Haha, you are so fooking desperate. Before the game they were expected to slaughter us. Now we've won and played very well it's total revisionism and they weren't that good after all.

The BBC match report is one of the briefest match reports I've ever seen. It's not even written by the BBC ("supplied to the BBC by PA Media", whoever they are) and there is very little detail about the game. Try reading a proper report, or listening to what people are saying on here, rather than this desperate straw-clutching.

Lambert out.

PA Media is the Press Association, Dolly, the UK's newswire service, similar to Reuters.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:49 - Feb 24 with 272 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The only people getting their knickers in a twist are the people desperately trying to claim we didn't play well.

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:51 - Feb 24 with 269 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 08:54 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

It's how we got off to a good start last season. 4-4-2,Skuse and Downes in the middle of the park, a pretty solid and workmanlike set up that kept it tight and nicked a goal or two. That's all you need at this level when you've got good players as the league itself is sh1te. The second Lambert tries anything 'clever' it goes wrong, and I suspect the way we've played the last two games will likely get sussed out soon.

It's also peak Lambert that we've spaffed decent cash on six loan signings and looked awful when we picked five of them in the same team, and since reducing the number of loanees in the side to two we've played better.

How do you know how we've played when you haven't watched either of the games?

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:51 - Feb 24 with 266 viewsSeablu

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:33 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

Jesus wept.
If only it was a selective 5 game season we’d crawl into the play offs.
It’s i-follow happy clappers like you, who have chucked more money at the club during its worst incarnation, that convince ME he’s still on the right track.
Boooooooooooooo.
The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:52 - Feb 24 with 261 viewsBluefish

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:47 - Feb 24 by itfcjoe

It was the sort of performance if you got the players to play how they want to that they would put out.

It was decent, and a deserved win - but the fact it's taken 100 games to come up with what is basically a 4411 played at a high tempo is quite damning.

If we can build on it and not mess about over next few games we may get into the mix, still well short of expectations but the best we can hope for

The test is whether he can make subtle tweaks for form, fitness and suspensions and keep the same balance

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 09:53 - Feb 24 with 261 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The kind of performance that once upon a time on 08:29 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

Sad to see herbie having a meltdown over an Ipswich win. Somebody should have taken that shovel off him and locked it in his shed.

Indeed. He's backed himself so far into a corner he's unable to accept a good performance when people are saying that's what happened.

It's possible to say we played well and still want Lambert gone.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024