Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 08:43 - Feb 25 with 1970 viewsElderGrizzly

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 08:49 - Feb 25 with 1400 viewsFunge

Odd post title.

The hospitality sector needs a significant boost - irrespective of the health considerations, it is pretty much undeniable that, economically, EOTHO was a success for the hospitality sector last time round.

If we accept that vaccination is working, then EOTHO 2 would appear to be a pretty good idea.
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 08:53 - Feb 25 with 1364 viewsParky

A good idea if you ask me. The hospitality sector has been left on its arse for the last however many months.

When I ate out last time, I felt completely safe, seated a distance from any other table, ordering food via an app and having near-to-no human contact. That compared with how I saw Sainsbury’s last weekend, I know where I’d feel safer.

The above all combined with all vulnerable people (should) have been vaccinated by the time this is implemented.
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 08:57 - Feb 25 with 1321 viewsN2_Blue

this negativity from you is getting pretty tiresome now.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 08:59 - Feb 25 with 1307 viewsSitfcB

Bring it on.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 08:59 - Feb 25 with 1307 viewsElderGrizzly

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 08:49 - Feb 25 by Funge

Odd post title.

The hospitality sector needs a significant boost - irrespective of the health considerations, it is pretty much undeniable that, economically, EOTHO was a success for the hospitality sector last time round.

If we accept that vaccination is working, then EOTHO 2 would appear to be a pretty good idea.

Given the medical experts appeared to say this was a source of the spike first time round, why would you do it again?

Maybe if the pubs have the vaccine passport in place by then, it makes sense
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:00 - Feb 25 with 1300 viewsElderGrizzly

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 08:57 - Feb 25 by N2_Blue

this negativity from you is getting pretty tiresome now.

Thanks for stopping by.

My 'negativity' reflects the concerns of the medical experts, but ok.
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:04 - Feb 25 with 1272 viewsChurchman

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 08:53 - Feb 25 by Parky

A good idea if you ask me. The hospitality sector has been left on its arse for the last however many months.

When I ate out last time, I felt completely safe, seated a distance from any other table, ordering food via an app and having near-to-no human contact. That compared with how I saw Sainsbury’s last weekend, I know where I’d feel safer.

The above all combined with all vulnerable people (should) have been vaccinated by the time this is implemented.

I feel the same way. We used the Eat Out scheme a fair bit and as ever I haunted a good few bars too. I never once felt unsafe with the precautions they and I (sanitiser etc) took. Way better than the supermarket I was in on Saturday or the 20 odd people grouped closely together chatting etc waiting for their schoolchildren yesterday.

Hospitality was thrown under the bus by Johnson, because he could getaway with it. Sent a good signal and all that If there is a problem with transmission in near empty socially distanced pubs and restaurants, get some boots on the ground and inspect these places. Use some testing capacity, whatever. There are ways.

I see no reasons for small businesses like hairdressers and small retail not to open either. Just police them properly to ensure social distancing rules are applied.
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:07 - Feb 25 with 1246 viewsFunge

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 08:59 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

Given the medical experts appeared to say this was a source of the spike first time round, why would you do it again?

Why do anything ever again, EG?

Give your negativity a rest. People have enough anxiety as it is, without you relentlessly stirring.
Login to get fewer ads

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:09 - Feb 25 with 1234 viewscatch74

I think if you look at the data of countries at the same time, whether doing eat out to help out or not, cases followed a very similar trajectory. The main drivers of the second wave were schools and universities, plus catching it at home (miles higher than hospitality.)
Why not encourage people to eat out rather in larger spaces, with strict controls in place - especially once the most at risk have been vaccinated?
Schools must go back, but why can you go and work out at a gym from mid April (work out to help out (the virus) out. Why non- essential shops?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:10 - Feb 25 with 1221 viewsSitfcB

Did you take advantage of the offer last time?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:11 - Feb 25 with 1216 viewsGlasgowBlue

Kelvin McKenzie has just been on the phone. He’s looking a for a new hyperbolic headline writer.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:13 - Feb 25 with 1207 viewsKieran_Knows

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 08:53 - Feb 25 by Parky

Supermarkets are a joke IMO. It's like everything goes out the window when people step foot in a supermarket.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:16 - Feb 25 with 1178 viewsPendejo

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:00 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

Thanks for stopping by.

My 'negativity' reflects the concerns of the medical experts, but ok.

Like others have said... In the brief time they were open I felt more comfortable in dining establishments (pubs, diners, cafes, restaurants) than every week when I do my shopping or with my elderly uncle. He insists on going even though his shopping list is virtually the same every week (7 ready meals, plus a few Rustlers products, milk, bread, oven chips, frozen mash and dog food)

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:19 - Feb 25 with 1164 viewsElderGrizzly

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:10 - Feb 25 by SitfcB

Did you take advantage of the offer last time?

No. Because my wife was and still is shielding...
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:21 - Feb 25 with 1148 viewsElderGrizzly

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:07 - Feb 25 by Funge

Why do anything ever again, EG?

Give your negativity a rest. People have enough anxiety as it is, without you relentlessly stirring.

I'm not stirring, simply reflecting the views of what appears to be the majority of the experts from a medical angle.

I very much want things to open again, but in a controlled way.

No stirring, just not lapping up Boris and his gangs appetite for risk.
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:21 - Feb 25 with 1138 viewsElderGrizzly

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:13 - Feb 25 by Kieran_Knows

Supermarkets are a joke IMO. It's like everything goes out the window when people step foot in a supermarket.

I agree on that. And lets take our whole family on an outing too...
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:22 - Feb 25 with 1131 viewsElderGrizzly

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:11 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

Kelvin McKenzie has just been on the phone. He’s looking a for a new hyperbolic headline writer.

Shouldn't you be focussing on vaccine nationalism? That's the Tory line of the week again
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:24 - Feb 25 with 1113 viewsElderGrizzly

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:04 - Feb 25 by Churchman

I feel the same way. We used the Eat Out scheme a fair bit and as ever I haunted a good few bars too. I never once felt unsafe with the precautions they and I (sanitiser etc) took. Way better than the supermarket I was in on Saturday or the 20 odd people grouped closely together chatting etc waiting for their schoolchildren yesterday.

Hospitality was thrown under the bus by Johnson, because he could getaway with it. Sent a good signal and all that If there is a problem with transmission in near empty socially distanced pubs and restaurants, get some boots on the ground and inspect these places. Use some testing capacity, whatever. There are ways.

I see no reasons for small businesses like hairdressers and small retail not to open either. Just police them properly to ensure social distancing rules are applied.

Your last line is the problem. There is no-one to do that.
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:26 - Feb 25 with 1100 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wasn't that shown to have been a major driver in the transmission of the disease?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:28 - Feb 25 with 1093 viewsPendejo

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:13 - Feb 25 by Kieran_Knows

Let's face it, supermarkets "think" (know?) they won't be closed down , whereas the catering industry got on board with the rules as they knew failure to do so resulted in unilateral closure aside from any lockdown closure.I

Maybe the coronavirus marshals need to close down one of the biggest supermarkets for breaches before that industry properly addresses what happens once inside their doors. Outside they appear to have it sorted.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:29 - Feb 25 with 1094 viewsElderGrizzly

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:26 - Feb 25 by Swansea_Blue

Wasn't that shown to have been a major driver in the transmission of the disease?

Yes, but booo my negativity or something...

The story covered below is an even bigger transmitter of Covid and we were told last week all kids would have a twice weekly test and masks in classrooms. No more...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/25/covid-tests-masks-not-compulsory-e
Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:32 - Feb 25 with 1063 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:24 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

Your last line is the problem. There is no-one to do that.

Utter nonsense. All shops and hospitality outlets revive regular visits from environmental health to check that they are compliant. Those who aren’t are given a list of what they need to do before a follow up in seven days time.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

As Benjamin Franklin once said.... on 09:39 - Feb 25 with 1036 viewsBloots

...."in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, Grizzers scaremongering about Covid and Dolly arguing on the internet".

Have a great day everybody!

Lambert out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:53 - Feb 25 with 980 viewsLord_Lucan

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:32 - Feb 25 by GlasgowBlue

Utter nonsense. All shops and hospitality outlets revive regular visits from environmental health to check that they are compliant. Those who aren’t are given a list of what they need to do before a follow up in seven days time.

We are regularly visited by the Covid Stasi and on NYE we had a cop car parked outside monitoring us.

I'm not sure about the Eat out supposed spike either. I can't remember the exact info but some hot shot from Youngs was on the radio the other day showing official info that the infections in pubs were very low. Every time I went in the pub it was extremely secure - not so the taxi rank after though!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Eat out to Help (the virus) Out - Part 2 on 09:57 - Feb 25 with 960 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Given that the evidence is at best inconclusive about its impact last time, in the same way the masses of people on Bournemouth beach had no impact though I remember you saying at the time it was madness and wait 2 weeks for the consequences, I think that in your desperation to post this with a negative spin you are forgetting that this time it will be done against the back drop of the vaccine success.

Are you suggesting no promotions should be allowed post lockdown for an industry that is desperate and on its knees?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024