Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see that Mr Potato Head.... 20:33 - Feb 25 with 9835 viewsBloots

....is no longer going to be a "Mr" and will now be gender neutral.

Not sure how Mrs Potato Head feels about this.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 12:38 - Feb 26 with 683 viewsmonytowbray

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 12:33 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

Are you still taking yourself seriously?

Please do elaborate.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 12:39 - Feb 26 with 667 viewsJ2BLUE

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 12:37 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

No I didn't mean to suggest ryorry was in the group who didn't think it was a big deal either. Apologies if it was badly worded.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 12:39]

I didn't read it as you doing that. I just wanted to agree without Ryorry thinking I was doing that.

We're all walking on eggshells now

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 12:41 - Feb 26 with 666 viewsBloots

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 12:35 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

There's no way we would say that about race though. In fact Paz is rightly hammered for doing just that every day. I think the problem is that a lot of people don't really consider Trans rights or non binary identities that much of a big deal.

...don't see the relationship between Trans rights and non binary identities and a plastic toy called Mr Potato Head.

Trans rights and non binary identities are a big deal.

Old spudhead isn't.

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 12:41 - Feb 26 with 662 viewsmonytowbray

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 12:37 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

It's hard to argue with that last sentence.

Just to be clear I am not suggesting Ryorry doesn't support trans rights 100%, clearly she does.

No one is saying she doesn't, or anyone for that matter (bar Rommers, his input here was GRIM).

Go back and read my input here, the words alone, and take the point I am making on board rather than just seeing my post handle and assuming I'm looking for a row.

Spruce nailed it - not being racist but telling racist jokes is something I've seen resigned to the bin in my lifetime. The world is a constant progression, embrace it.

TWTD never forgets…

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 12:43 - Feb 26 with 650 viewsmonytowbray

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 12:41 - Feb 26 by Bloots

...don't see the relationship between Trans rights and non binary identities and a plastic toy called Mr Potato Head.

Old spudhead isn't.

"BAME rights are a big deal, representing BAME people in society, media and culture isn't."

Move the context and you can see the problem.

TWTD never forgets…

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 12:43 - Feb 26 with 649 viewsSpruceMoose

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 12:41 - Feb 26 by Bloots

Old spudhead isn't.

Well, the fact that it's not Trans people wetting they pants about it rather undermines your confidently stated opinion.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 12:46 - Feb 26 with 637 viewsmonytowbray

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 12:43 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

Well, the fact that it's not Trans people wetting they pants about it rather undermines your confidently stated opinion.

It's all ammo for the right when they push this woke war CRAP to the top of the equality debate and ridicule it.

People need to understand discrimination is a spectrum we are all somewhat guilty of and not a yes/no debate.

Enablists, apologists and those who don't speak up all fit in there somewhere.

TWTD never forgets…

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 12:49 - Feb 26 with 627 viewsRyorry

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 12:35 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

There's no way we would say that about race though. In fact Paz is rightly hammered for doing just that every day. I think the problem is that a lot of people don't really consider Trans rights or non binary identities that much of a big deal.

That's fair enough, must say I hadn't seen it that way, so thanks for expanding my understanding 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

My opinion remains.... on 12:49 - Feb 26 with 628 viewsBloots

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 12:43 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

....that some people don't see the relationship between the two.

They don't see how one effects the other.

Not sure what your issue is with that.

Lambert out.

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 12:51 - Feb 26 with 617 viewsHerbivore

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 12:46 - Feb 26 by monytowbray

It's all ammo for the right when they push this woke war CRAP to the top of the equality debate and ridicule it.

People need to understand discrimination is a spectrum we are all somewhat guilty of and not a yes/no debate.

Enablists, apologists and those who don't speak up all fit in there somewhere.

You also give them ammo through how you choose to respond to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

My opinion remains.... on 12:52 - Feb 26 with 617 viewsSpruceMoose

My opinion remains.... on 12:49 - Feb 26 by Bloots

....that some people don't see the relationship between the two.

They don't see how one effects the other.

Not sure what your issue is with that.

Lambert out.

Which is what I said. Are you suggesting that they're on solid ground in thinking that? I don't think they are personally.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Good grief.... on 12:57 - Feb 26 with 610 viewsBloots

My opinion remains.... on 12:52 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

Which is what I said. Are you suggesting that they're on solid ground in thinking that? I don't think they are personally.

...this is why I don't get involved with these conversations.

You actually said the issue was that people don't see trans rights as a big deal.

I said that, in my opinion, the issue was that they don't see the relationship between Spudders and trans rights.

People can think that trans rights are important without grasping how Mr Potato Head effects them.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm going back to the potato jokes.

Life's too short.

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 12:58 - Feb 26 with 601 viewsLord_Lucan

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 12:34 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

Not really. This is a nothing issue, you are contributing to turning it into something more just as much as those expressing fake outrage at it. You are playing the game they want you to play, and you're playing your part to stereotypical perfection.

I'm not sure what he's arguing about really.

I think it's completely daft to take Mr Potato Heads balls away, that's just my opinion.

Does it add fuel to people who don't like or recognise trans gender issues - yes.

Will said people ever change their views - probably no.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:02 - Feb 26 with 591 viewsWeWereZombies

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:58 - Feb 26 by Ryorry

"Ten-pager bunfight"? Well you've been & gone & done it now - whole new batch of material here -

https://familyscopes.blogspot.com/2019/08/happy-families-card-game-mr-bun-baker.

Mr. Bun the Baker? Surely that should be Ms. Berry the Baker in this post Bake-off World?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Good grief.... on 13:10 - Feb 26 with 572 viewsSpruceMoose

Good grief.... on 12:57 - Feb 26 by Bloots

...this is why I don't get involved with these conversations.

You actually said the issue was that people don't see trans rights as a big deal.

I said that, in my opinion, the issue was that they don't see the relationship between Spudders and trans rights.

People can think that trans rights are important without grasping how Mr Potato Head effects them.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm going back to the potato jokes.

Life's too short.

I don't blame you for not getting involved if you're flouncing this hard in response to some polite posting.

Dolly-esque.

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:13 - Feb 26 with 555 viewsmonytowbray

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 12:51 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

You also give them ammo through how you choose to respond to be fair.

Ahh, yes.

"But the left."

TWTD never forgets…

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:15 - Feb 26 with 550 viewsmonytowbray

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 12:58 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not sure what he's arguing about really.

I think it's completely daft to take Mr Potato Heads balls away, that's just my opinion.

Does it add fuel to people who don't like or recognise trans gender issues - yes.

Will said people ever change their views - probably no.

You do know what I am saying. You've demonstrated that.

The difference is you seem to think it's not worth caring about.

Please don't project your ignorance onto me.

TWTD never forgets…

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:16 - Feb 26 with 545 viewsHerbivore

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:13 - Feb 26 by monytowbray

Ahh, yes.

"But the left."

I consider you to be a centrist from where I'm positioned, but I stand by your responses to this doing more to contribute to WOKE WARS than to show them up for what they are. It's a shame you're not able to step back and see how by willingly playing the role the media want you to play in this you are playing right into their hands whilst doing precisely nothing of any value for trans rights in the process.

Yeah, 3 posts..... on 13:18 - Feb 26 with 540 viewsBloots

Good grief.... on 13:10 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

I don't blame you for not getting involved if you're flouncing this hard in response to some polite posting.

Dolly-esque.

....massive flouncing.

Stop being such a massive fanny, you massive fanny.

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:18 - Feb 26 with 529 viewsJ2BLUE

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:16 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

I consider you to be a centrist from where I'm positioned, but I stand by your responses to this doing more to contribute to WOKE WARS than to show them up for what they are. It's a shame you're not able to step back and see how by willingly playing the role the media want you to play in this you are playing right into their hands whilst doing precisely nothing of any value for trans rights in the process.

I consider you to be a centrist

You're just trying to upset him now aren't you?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:22 - Feb 26 with 515 viewsmonytowbray

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:16 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

Are we still running this nonsense angle where we pretend any bit of progress and equality in the world wasn't founded on challenging people?

Brexit was the Remainer's fault.
Corbyn made me vote Tory.
Vegans make me want to eat more meat.

The list goes on. How about we start, ya know, accepting perhaps the people who hold these views are the problem.

Also, I'd love to hear how I'm a centralist. Still baffled by that one.

If you really still think this whole thing is just about a plastic potato and are unable to see the matter in a very clear context laid out through this thread you're still missing the point, therefore your opinion on how my point was made is null and void.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 13:26]

TWTD never forgets…

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:26 - Feb 26 with 501 viewsWeWereZombies

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:22 - Feb 26 by monytowbray

Are we still running this nonsense angle where we pretend any bit of progress and equality in the world wasn't founded on challenging people?

The list goes on. How about we start, ya know, accepting perhaps the people who hold these views are the problem.

If you really still think this whole thing is just about a plastic potato and are unable to see the matter in a very clear context laid out through this thread you're still missing the point, therefore your opinion on how my point was made is null and void.

Centrism is a political outlook or position that involves acceptance and/or support of a balance of social equality and a degree of social hierarchy, while opposing political changes which would result in a significant shift of society strongly to either the left or the right. (Wikipedia)

Centralist - a person who advocates the control of different activities and organizations under a single authority. (Google dictionary)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Yeah, 3 posts..... on 13:27 - Feb 26 with 501 viewsSpruceMoose

Yeah, 3 posts..... on 13:18 - Feb 26 by Bloots

....massive flouncing.

Stop being such a massive fanny, you massive fanny.

Chill out Mach, you'll blow out an O-ring!

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:29 - Feb 26 with 492 viewsmonytowbray

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:26 - Feb 26 by WeWereZombies

Centrism is a political outlook or position that involves acceptance and/or support of a balance of social equality and a degree of social hierarchy, while opposing political changes which would result in a significant shift of society strongly to either the left or the right. (Wikipedia)

Centralist - a person who advocates the control of different activities and organizations under a single authority. (Google dictionary)

That sounds nothing like me or my views lol.

TWTD never forgets…

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:31 - Feb 26 with 488 viewsHerbivore

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:22 - Feb 26 by monytowbray

Keep fighting the war that the right want you to fight, mate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024