Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see that Mr Potato Head.... 20:33 - Feb 25 with 9845 viewsBloots

....is no longer going to be a "Mr" and will now be gender neutral.

Not sure how Mrs Potato Head feels about this.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:51 - Feb 26 with 679 viewsMonkeyAlan

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 22:29 - Feb 25 by monytowbray

Yeah but people make a big song and dance about this stuff to deflect/justify transphobia.

This is the LBGTQ+ version of the “BUT ANTIFA/BLM/MCWB” argument.

Twot.
I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:51 - Feb 26 with 678 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:50 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

I think you're ok Rommy, I think you are coming along nicely.

I always think of you as Sitters mark 11 and he seems to have turned out ok.

Thanks.

I used to be on here all the time. I now post once in a blue moon. That alone probably suggests I’ve grown up a bit.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:52 - Feb 26 with 675 viewsMonkeyAlan

Mr Potato head is a good egg really.
I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:52 - Feb 26 with 673 viewsHerbivore

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:50 - Feb 26 by monytowbray

No, I'm 100% sure what I quoted above that he posted was transphobic and I've provided evidence.

Whilst Rommers is clumsy and reactionary at times, how has he denied or discounted people's pronouns or gender identity? He's said he doesn't understand why everyone should be addressed as 'they' not that nobody should be addressed as 'they'.

This is another example of you jumping the shark and harming the causes you purport to support.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 13:59]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:54 - Feb 26 with 664 viewsmonytowbray

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:49 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

But I’m not doing what you’ve put in bold. Nowhere am I discounting it.

If they want to be referred to as ‘they’ or whatever they choose, that’s fine. And I’ll refer to them as that. But the whole university changing to everyone becoming ‘they’, is unnecessary. And saying that doesn’t make me transphobic. I’m many things but definitely not transphobic, racist etc. You’re a really awful person for suggesting otherwise. I struggle to understand why I’m still on here when every time I’m back, you’re still accusing everyone of stuff. In this thread alone you’ve kicked off at everyone.

The issue is you. It always is. The day you get banned for going too far will be a great one for us all.

You may not feel you are transphobic, but what you posted was, by definition, transphobic. Your own words, unedited, may I add.

No one is forcing you to become "they", it's just giving those who do need that freedom to do so.

The issue isn't me, the issue is once again the words that come out of your mouth and the follow up ignorance in your opinions.

Also, projecting your opinion onto a wider group is a form of gaslighting and abuse. You are a turd.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 13:55]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:55 - Feb 26 with 656 viewsmonytowbray

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:52 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

Whilst Rommers is clumsy and reactionary at times, how has he denied or discounted people's pronouns or gender identity? He's said he doesn't understand why everyone should be addressed as 'they' not that nobody should be addressed as 'they'.

This is another example of you jumping the shark and harming the causes you purport to support.

It's not jumping any shark, what he said was transphobic.

disbelief or discounting preferred pronouns or gender identity

End.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 13:56]

TWTD never forgets…

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:57 - Feb 26 with 651 viewsSpruceMoose

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:44 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

That’s literally not the point it was making?

It was that I, unless I clarify before every new lecture, for the remaining time at uni, would be referred to as ‘they’. But why is that? Why would you assume ‘they’ from the start rather than ‘he’ or ‘she’. It’s unnecessary. If someone wants to be called ‘they’, I have no issue with that. But they ought to tell the class surely rather than everyone else having to change from that.

I hate that real issues that could be being dealt with aren’t because decisions like that and the potato head nonsense don’t further the cause they should be. They’re not helping anyone.

I think you need to think beyond the needs of yourself as a straight man. I don't think your post was intentionally transphobic btw. I just thought it was lacking a little empathy.

Why not set everyone off on level footing? It's not as if 'They' is some new and frightening word or concept. People have been referring to you and me as 'they' our whole lives and it probably hasn't been a problem until this point.

What you are being asked to do is a completely minor act of politeness that won't impact you in the slightest yet may just improve the day to day life of someone else no end. It's a bit tricky to say you hate real world issues not being dealt with when you have the opportunity here to participate in a real world change and you're rejecting it.

Your last point is rather overblown. These kind of stories aren't preventing any real work to bring about equality from going on whatsoever. These stories are just meat to wind up the gammons out there, people that wouldn't lift a finger to help anyway. Don't be distracted by them.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:58 - Feb 26 with 637 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:52 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

Thanks. I appreciate it.

If there’s anyone else (other than Callis but he’s a bit of a flange so I don’t count him for this) that actually thinks in any way I’ve been transphobic as he is trying to make me out as, I’d like to say that:
1) I apologise. That’s definitely not what I was trying to portray at all.
2) I’m not. That’s not who I am.

Login to get fewer ads

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:59 - Feb 26 with 631 viewsWeWereZombies

Nah, I think the "issue" is that people... on 13:29 - Feb 26 by monytowbray

That sounds nothing like me or my views lol.

Which one doesn't?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:03 - Feb 26 with 618 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:57 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

I think you need to think beyond the needs of yourself as a straight man. I don't think your post was intentionally transphobic btw. I just thought it was lacking a little empathy.

Why not set everyone off on level footing? It's not as if 'They' is some new and frightening word or concept. People have been referring to you and me as 'they' our whole lives and it probably hasn't been a problem until this point.

What you are being asked to do is a completely minor act of politeness that won't impact you in the slightest yet may just improve the day to day life of someone else no end. It's a bit tricky to say you hate real world issues not being dealt with when you have the opportunity here to participate in a real world change and you're rejecting it.

Your last point is rather overblown. These kind of stories aren't preventing any real work to bring about equality from going on whatsoever. These stories are just meat to wind up the gammons out there, people that wouldn't lift a finger to help anyway. Don't be distracted by them.

I appreciate the first paragraph.

As I said later in the thread, it doesn’t affect me. I just think the uni have made this decision to look like they’re actually taking action. In reality, they aren’t. The stuff they should do, they aren’t. In this case, getting everyone to be referred to as ‘they’ isn’t really helping.

I don’t want to take the thread off on a tangent and make this a 15 page row so I’m happy to leave it there and again apologise if anyone is genuinely offended.

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:04 - Feb 26 with 612 viewsSpruceMoose

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:57 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

Also, nobody has thought about Mr Potato Head in over 25 years unless they've been watching Toy Story. Some chud over at Hasbro has clearly sat down and thought "Right, that Dolly thread was a good start, but how do we really get potatoes back in the news?' and has come up with this.

It's corporate marketing and PR, not activism.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:05 - Feb 26 with 611 viewsHerbivore

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:55 - Feb 26 by monytowbray

It's not jumping any shark, what he said was transphobic.

disbelief or discounting preferred pronouns or gender identity

End.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 13:56]

Repeating it doesn't make it so. How has he discounted or disbelieved pronouns or gender identity? He has said quite clearly he has no issue with anyone wanting to be addressed as 'they'.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:05 - Feb 26 with 607 viewsmonytowbray

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 13:58 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Thanks. I appreciate it.

If there’s anyone else (other than Callis but he’s a bit of a flange so I don’t count him for this) that actually thinks in any way I’ve been transphobic as he is trying to make me out as, I’d like to say that:
1) I apologise. That’s definitely not what I was trying to portray at all.
2) I’m not. That’s not who I am.

I'm not making out you are transphobic. I said you posted something transphobic.

You've admitted, learned and apologised.

That's all I ask of anyone.

You need to put a TO LET sign up on your head as honestly I had no idea I was living rent free in there (a point made in joke form to clarify).

You need to stop seeing my name and automatically assuming the worst. I'd said nothing incorrect in this thread in regards to you personally prior to you getting the arse and a better man wouldn't be so petty to call someone names when admitting it.

TWTD never forgets…

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:06 - Feb 26 with 606 viewsfooters

What is it about the humble spud that always gets this place arguing like mad chimps? I love a tater as much as the next man, but it always causes a ruck on here.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:06 - Feb 26 with 602 viewsSpruceMoose

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:03 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

As I said later in the thread, it doesn’t affect me. I just think the uni have made this decision to look like they’re actually taking action. In reality, they aren’t. The stuff they should do, they aren’t. In this case, getting everyone to be referred to as ‘they’ isn’t really helping.

I don’t want to take the thread off on a tangent and make this a 15 page row so I’m happy to leave it there and again apologise if anyone is genuinely offended.

You're right to say that many institutions should be doing more than the bare minimum. Paying it lip service doesn't really help anyone.

What kind of stuff would you like to see them do which they currently aren't? There's probably a good whack of people at your uni who feel the same way you do and would jump at a chance to put together a group who worked to raise relevant issues and push for change.

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:06 - Feb 26 with 601 viewsmonytowbray

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:03 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

But well done Rommers, this is the progress i like to see. It doesn't have to be a 15 pager.

TWTD never forgets…

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:08 - Feb 26 with 594 viewsSpruceMoose

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:06 - Feb 26 by footers

What is it about the humble spud that always gets this place arguing like mad chimps? I love a tater as much as the next man, but it always causes a ruck on here.

Grain > Potatoes.

Fight me.

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:08 - Feb 26 with 589 viewsfooters

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:08 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

Grain > Potatoes.

Fight me.

Moron.

Div listed.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:09 - Feb 26 with 585 viewsmonytowbray

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:05 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

Repeating it doesn't make it so. How has he discounted or disbelieved pronouns or gender identity? He has said quite clearly he has no issue with anyone wanting to be addressed as 'they'.

I don't think the line "What has the world come to?" used within the post was a celebration of the fact it was happening, do you?

Doesn't matter now though, does it. It'd dusted.

TWTD never forgets…

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:10 - Feb 26 with 583 viewsmonytowbray

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:04 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

Also, nobody has thought about Mr Potato Head in over 25 years unless they've been watching Toy Story. Some chud over at Hasbro has clearly sat down and thought "Right, that Dolly thread was a good start, but how do we really get potatoes back in the news?' and has come up with this.

It's corporate marketing and PR, not activism.

Rainbow Capitalism, innit.

TWTD never forgets…

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:11 - Feb 26 with 580 viewsSpruceMoose

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:08 - Feb 26 by footers

Moron.

Div listed.

Grains are good eggs really.

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:16 - Feb 26 with 567 viewsmonytowbray

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:11 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

Grains are good eggs really.

The only good eggs in the world are the ones this seal shouts...

TWTD never forgets…

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:19 - Feb 26 with 560 viewsSpruceMoose

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:16 - Feb 26 by monytowbray

The only good eggs in the world are the ones this seal shouts...

There's more sense in that clip that a Lambert presser.

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 15:06 - Feb 26 with 539 viewsm14_blue

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 14:08 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

Grain > Potatoes.

Fight me.

D1ck
I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 15:14 - Feb 26 with 534 viewsKieran_Knows

What a thread, blimey.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024