Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see that Mr Potato Head.... 20:33 - Feb 25 with 9829 viewsBloots

....is no longer going to be a "Mr" and will now be gender neutral.

Not sure how Mrs Potato Head feels about this.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 01:05 - Feb 26 with 1879 viewsRyorry

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 00:26 - Feb 26 by monytowbray

I see Spruce floating this thread and he could probably articulate it better than me as he has seen first hand what we’ve got coming over the next few years now Brexit is “done” with GB News and WOKE WARS. The right always need an enemy.

Think about what side of the machine you feed in the culture wars. It may seem like “just a potato” but this is what’s spun and pushed to the top of the gender discussion over, ya know, the countless trans hate crimes committed continually.

I see people riled up and/or ridiculing PC GONE MAD about a potato toy and can’t help but feel they’re missing the point.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 0:27]

Honestly Mony, I like you irl & endorse absolutely what Fabian Illness said about your great quality of caring passionately about many fundamentally important issues in life such as equality & compassion - but I'm afraid most people can't keep up your levels of intensity on those things 100% of the time, nor, I would argue, is it healthy to do so.

We all need lighter moments when & where it's plainly not hurting anyone or attacking anything seriously. As others have pointed out, this was a frothy nothing thread about fictitious cartoon characters representing an edible root, which has no gender (doesn't need pollination unless growers want a F1 hybrid - I think!).

There's also the point about having compassion for individuals, as well as caring generally for causes/principles. This isn't aimed at you or any individual, it's not the first time I've said it on here, but I think sometimes people uphold high values in principle (e.g. on mental health) on this and other social media - and then go on to deliberately post stuff either at or about others which is intentionally abusive & which they must surely realise is going to cause stress. There seems to be a separation between the "general cause" and thinking of people as individuals, & that puzzles me.

Sorry for the ramble, bit uncertain about posting it now, but took a long time to write, so here goes!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 01:11 - Feb 26 with 1873 viewsvapour_trail

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 00:57 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

You could put your side across if you want?

Or you can tell me to do one...nearly my bed time anyway

No thanks. I don’t think that would be helpful or constructive.

I have belief in my judgment. Albeit I get things wrong. I think you’re of decent stock, j2. Others around here, less so. Much less.

Decent judgment.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 01:11 - Feb 26 with 1870 viewsRyorry

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 00:56 - Feb 26 by vapour_trail

A random posting nonsense on the forum of a provincial football forum is interesting?

She’s a nutter. IMHO.

Well there you go, I hadn't even seen this when I wrote my lengthy post 5 minutes ago.

I think most are intelligent enough to see exactly who & what is what from your own post here. Out of your own mouth.

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 01:21 - Feb 26 with 1858 viewsvapour_trail

Just seen this story has made the front page - front fcking page - of the telegraph.

Assume the focus will be on equality diversity and inclusion.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 08:36 - Feb 26 with 1785 viewsWeWereZombies

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 01:05 - Feb 26 by Ryorry

Honestly Mony, I like you irl & endorse absolutely what Fabian Illness said about your great quality of caring passionately about many fundamentally important issues in life such as equality & compassion - but I'm afraid most people can't keep up your levels of intensity on those things 100% of the time, nor, I would argue, is it healthy to do so.

We all need lighter moments when & where it's plainly not hurting anyone or attacking anything seriously. As others have pointed out, this was a frothy nothing thread about fictitious cartoon characters representing an edible root, which has no gender (doesn't need pollination unless growers want a F1 hybrid - I think!).

There's also the point about having compassion for individuals, as well as caring generally for causes/principles. This isn't aimed at you or any individual, it's not the first time I've said it on here, but I think sometimes people uphold high values in principle (e.g. on mental health) on this and other social media - and then go on to deliberately post stuff either at or about others which is intentionally abusive & which they must surely realise is going to cause stress. There seems to be a separation between the "general cause" and thinking of people as individuals, & that puzzles me.

Sorry for the ramble, bit uncertain about posting it now, but took a long time to write, so here goes!

What a tuberist post:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuber#:~:text=Potatoes%20are%20stem%20tubers.,stem

Well, just so long as we are not talking about sweet potatoes which are root tubers. The general lot we are presumably talking about are stem tubers. Sorry, I was wrong, that was a stem tuberist post...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 08:46 - Feb 26 with 1780 viewsHerbivore

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 01:21 - Feb 26 by vapour_trail

Just seen this story has made the front page - front fcking page - of the telegraph.

Assume the focus will be on equality diversity and inclusion.

The Telegraph is an absolute rag these days. It's sunk to the levels of the Mail and the Express.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 08:49 - Feb 26 with 1767 viewsfooters

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 21:37 - Feb 25 by textbackup

funny enough, I asked my 8year old daughter about this.

"do you think there should be a mr potato head?"

"yes because he's married to mrs potato head"

so fcking simple, glad shes not a fruit cake

so fcking simple

Takes after her dad then.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 09:01 - Feb 26 with 1752 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s f**king embarrassing. It’s a plastic toy who specifically has been known for dozens of years as Mr Potato Head. That’s the toy. Jesus Christ.

My uni this week gave in to a campaign which now means every lecturer is encouraged to put their pronouns at the beginning of every email sent to students. Apparently you should also never refer to someone as he or she in a lesson as you could be misgendering someone. Only refer to them as this if the person has specifically announced at the start of a class what their pronouns are otherwise use a neatral term such as ‘they’. What has the world come to?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 9:06]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 09:30 - Feb 26 with 1730 viewsmonytowbray

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 09:01 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s f**king embarrassing. It’s a plastic toy who specifically has been known for dozens of years as Mr Potato Head. That’s the toy. Jesus Christ.

My uni this week gave in to a campaign which now means every lecturer is encouraged to put their pronouns at the beginning of every email sent to students. Apparently you should also never refer to someone as he or she in a lesson as you could be misgendering someone. Only refer to them as this if the person has specifically announced at the start of a class what their pronouns are otherwise use a neatral term such as ‘they’. What has the world come to?

What about pronouns bothers you?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Classic TWTD this.... on 11:16 - Feb 26 with 1696 viewsBloots

...well done to all involved, you always come up with the goods.

Lambert out.

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:18 - Feb 26 with 1692 viewsDanTheMan

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 09:01 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Just step back a minute and think about what is annoying you.

You're being asked just to use the word "they" and a plastic potato doesn't have the word "Mr" in front of it anymore.

It's really not a big deal.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:19 - Feb 26 with 1685 viewsSwansea_Blue

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 01:05 - Feb 26 by Ryorry

"which has no gender"

Ahem, Mr Potato head, thank you very much .

Spot on though Ryorry - it gets exhausting. Which is what whoever keeps perpetuating this culture war/argument wants I suspect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:23 - Feb 26 with 1680 viewsWeWereZombies

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:19 - Feb 26 by Swansea_Blue

"which has no gender"

Ahem, Mr Potato head, thank you very much .

Spot on though Ryorry - it gets exhausting. Which is what whoever keeps perpetuating this culture war/argument wants I suspect.

Perhaps the solution to this problem is to make future Potatoheads with a lower attachment that can be either a penis or a vagina and then children can combine doctors and nurses games with Potatohead games by doing gender reassignments. Surely that would provide a wealth of education.

This post started out as my usual snide humour but as I typed it I began to believe in the approach actually.

Action Person was.... on 11:28 - Feb 26 with 1673 viewsBloots

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:18 - Feb 26 by DanTheMan

You're being asked just to use the word "they" and a plastic potato doesn't have the word "Mr" in front of it anymore.

....gender neutralised from the outset:

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:31 - Feb 26 with 1668 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:18 - Feb 26 by DanTheMan

It’s not a big deal. And yet they’re making it a bit deal.

Also, why should I be assumed as ‘they’ when I walk into a lesson. Why is that the norm?

Tbh it’s only gonna cause issues on this thread so I’m going to back out now and accept that loads of you will disagree, which is fine.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:35 - Feb 26 with 1659 viewsRadlett_blue

Perhaps Watford FC might have to re-think their decision to sack Harriet the Hornet & replace Harry with Dermot the Drone.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:39 - Feb 26 with 1653 viewsDanTheMan

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:31 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s not a big deal. And yet they’re making it a bit deal.

Also, why should I be assumed as ‘they’ when I walk into a lesson. Why is that the norm?

Tbh it’s only gonna cause issues on this thread so I’m going to back out now and accept that loads of you will disagree, which is fine.

They're not making it a big deal, they're just asking you to change something minor to avoid issues.

If the papers hadn't picked up on it, I doubt you'd have ever known about the Potato head thing.

Using 'they' when you don't know has been in use for ages. It's just not making an assumption is all it is. It's a minor change that makes some people feel way more comfortable.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:41 - Feb 26 with 1648 viewsRyorry

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:23 - Feb 26 by WeWereZombies

Perhaps the solution to this problem is to make future Potatoheads with a lower attachment that can be either a penis or a vagina and then children can combine doctors and nurses games with Potatohead games by doing gender reassignments. Surely that would provide a wealth of education.

This post started out as my usual snide humour but as I typed it I began to believe in the approach actually.

Well I was waiting for you to edit the term "storage organ" in Wiki actually, looks a bit suspect, but I can see you've got your eye on entrepreneurship & developing that game for the Christmas market

Martin Tyler was on a night out.... on 11:47 - Feb 26 with 1648 viewsBloots

....with a bag of Jersey Royals and a bag of King Edwards.

They went to a nightclub, the bags of spuds got in, but Tyler was stopped at the door.

When he asked why the bouncer said: "Sorry, you're just a commentator"

Cheers.

Lambert out.

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:50 - Feb 26 with 1644 viewsHerbivore

It is quite amusing seeing people get so wound up over whether a plastic potato should be gendered or not. At least Dollers lost his head over real potatoes.

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:50 - Feb 26 with 1641 viewsWeWereZombies

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:41 - Feb 26 by Ryorry

Well I was waiting for you to edit the term "storage organ" in Wiki actually, looks a bit suspect, but I can see you've got your eye on entrepreneurship & developing that game for the Christmas market

I've been catching up on the Louis Theroux documentaries on the iPlayer so have recently watched 'Transgender Kids', which was surprising. I do not seriously think something as crass as detaching a fanny and plugging on a dick would be that useful but I can see a type of 'show me on the picture where they touched you' type of application - only more of a 'show me whereabouts you don't feel comfortable with / would want different'. As well as encouraging children to pursue traditional medical careers such as surgeons it could be used as an indicator of employment opportunities in counselling - unless the kids were like TWTD posters and each counselling session developed into a ten pager bunfight...

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:52 - Feb 26 with 1637 viewsfooters

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:50 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

It is quite amusing seeing people get so wound up over whether a plastic potato should be gendered or not. At least Dollers lost his head over real potatoes.

Mx Potatx Head. It's the only logical solution.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:58 - Feb 26 with 1628 viewsHerbivore

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:52 - Feb 26 by footers

Mx Potatx Head. It's the only logical solution.

Mx Potatx Head (They/Them) would be more appropriate. Someone has been skipping class at Woke Academy.

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:58 - Feb 26 with 1625 viewsRyorry

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:50 - Feb 26 by WeWereZombies

I've been catching up on the Louis Theroux documentaries on the iPlayer so have recently watched 'Transgender Kids', which was surprising. I do not seriously think something as crass as detaching a fanny and plugging on a dick would be that useful but I can see a type of 'show me on the picture where they touched you' type of application - only more of a 'show me whereabouts you don't feel comfortable with / would want different'. As well as encouraging children to pursue traditional medical careers such as surgeons it could be used as an indicator of employment opportunities in counselling - unless the kids were like TWTD posters and each counselling session developed into a ten pager bunfight...

"Ten-pager bunfight"? Well you've been & gone & done it now - whole new batch of material here -

https://familyscopes.blogspot.com/2019/08/happy-families-card-game-mr-bun-baker.

I'm old enough to remember the fuss.... on 12:00 - Feb 26 with 1618 viewsBloots

I see that Mr Potato Head.... on 11:58 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

Mx Potatx Head (They/Them) would be more appropriate. Someone has been skipping class at Woke Academy.

....about chicks calling themselves "Ms" rather than Miss or Mrs.

It's all a load of balls/flaps.

Live and let live.

Lambert out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024