Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The upturn in performances recently 07:52 - Mar 1 with 1060 viewsSimonds92

Was that players fighting for the manager because they liked him or just professional pride? If it's the former will it have a negative impact on the pitch for the next couple of games?
The upturn in performances recently on 07:54 - Mar 1 with 1028 viewsitfcjoe

It was Gill picking the team and going back to basics style wise

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The upturn in performances recently on 07:54 - Mar 1 with 1025 viewsBlueBadger

They were definitely playing for the man who was managing the team.

Which would appear to have been Gill for the last three...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The upturn in performances recently on 07:56 - Mar 1 with 998 viewsxrayspecs

I would argue that it is neither, the players have shown a desire to win in most games we have played. Sunderland with 10 men was an ecellent performance when it would have been easier to fold.

I suspect it is more about playing 2 up top, having a more settled and experienced team and playing more direct. It seems to suit us better than 4-3-3 and the players seem more comfortable with the system.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 7:58]
The upturn in performances recently on 07:56 - Mar 1 with 998 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The upturn in performances recently on 07:57 - Mar 1 with 980 viewsLord_Lucan

For all intense and purposes he was already technically gone.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The upturn in performances recently on 08:09 - Mar 1 with 881 viewseddiespearitt03

The upturn in performances recently on 07:54 - Mar 1 by BlueBadger

They were definitely playing for the man who was managing the team.

Which would appear to have been Gill for the last three...

The talk of a take over and a new manager probably pepped some of the players up. Some players possibly thinking it is time to up their game now contracts are coming up for renewal.
All we can hope for is a squad of players that can maintain a season of sustained consistency and a manager to motivate them. .
The upturn in performances recently on 08:13 - Mar 1 with 851 viewsSimonds92

The upturn in performances recently on 07:54 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

Well this would certainly make sense. So the mind numbing passing between the back four wasnt a directive from Evans that had to be implemented regardless of results then.
The upturn in performances recently on 08:38 - Mar 1 with 740 viewsmrshallisfit

Or perhaps they knew he was going and they were playing for Gill and/or whoever comes in next?
Login to get fewer ads

The upturn in performances recently on 08:41 - Mar 1 with 714 viewsbadadski

The upturn in performances recently on 08:38 - Mar 1 by mrshallisfit

Or perhaps they knew he was going and they were playing for Gill and/or whoever comes in next?

Like judge said - it’s going back to basics - injuries have come back- Norwood is massive for us and it’s not coincidence we look a lot better when he plays as the team has an outlet. Having another forwards player aka Parrot to keep pressure further up the pitch.
The highest thing is not playing out from the back. It’s so alien to the players it was driving them to making mistakes. Just being allowed to play your natural game has helped no end.
The upturn in performances recently on 08:48 - Mar 1 with 665 viewsDennyx4

The upturn in performances recently on 07:54 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

Do we think the style being played previously, linked to Taylor's work or Lambert?
The upturn in performances recently on 08:56 - Mar 1 with 603 viewsjayessess

I think it's usually a mistake to see changed performances as effort related. The rewards for succeeding for most of these lads are enormous and would motivate any normal person to try their absolute damnedest, let alone someone competitive and driven enough to succeed as a professional footballer.

You get the occasional player who doesn't want to or doesn't know how to apply themselves, but realistically, unless they're outrageously talented no one is going to persist with them beyond youths football.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The upturn in performances recently on 09:06 - Mar 1 with 562 viewsChurchman

Players coming to the end of their contracts, young players looking for their move, players back from injury, some doing their best because it’s in their nature to do so, players knowing long awaited change is coming and putting a bit more in. Let’s face it, ITFC clearly isn’t a happy place.

In the Spurs MU the comments by the pundits about Martial was interesting. Basically they said he wasn't hungry enough. And that’s a top Premier player, so don’t tell me it doesn’t happen in the little leagues.

In all walks of like you get people that go through the motions, others who though good don’t ally it with work ethic. Team sport is something you can do that in and then blame the bloke next to you if you are aware of it - and get away with it if the manager and staff are useless.

In conclusion, I think it’s a combination of reasons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024