Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys 11:13 - Mar 1 with 3402 viewsMonkeyAlan

Neither are good enough. Cook is a mix of Mick and Lambert. He gets very irritated with the media too apparently. The Pompey fans were not that impressed either. Yes he got them promoted but when it got a bit sticky he lost the plot by all accounts. As for the Cowboys they are just ex school P.E instructors that got lucky with Braintree Town. If people didn't like Mick's style of footie they won't like theirs.
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:36 - Mar 1 with 746 viewsMonkeyAlan

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:29 - Mar 1 by Metal_Hacker

Could I just ask who your suggestion would be ?

It would have been Pearson, but that ship has sailed. The players need a kick up the @rse and he was just the person. The old guard have too much sway at the club and it needs breaking up before we can go forward. So whoever it is needs to get in amongst it and end their reign and bring some respect back to the manager.
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:36 - Mar 1 with 743 viewstractordownsouth

Cook's a good egg really

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:36 - Mar 1 with 743 viewsGuthrum

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:19 - Mar 1 by gazzer1999

Think what you just said "Braintree and then Lincoln"

Lincoln who are above us in the table and who have beaten ITFC repeatedly in recent seasons?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:38 - Mar 1 with 728 viewsMonkeyAlan

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:36 - Mar 1 by tractordownsouth

Cook's a good egg really

He probably is old boy. But l don't think he is the answer.
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:39 - Mar 1 with 725 viewsFixed_It

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:36 - Mar 1 by MonkeyAlan

It would have been Pearson, but that ship has sailed. The players need a kick up the @rse and he was just the person. The old guard have too much sway at the club and it needs breaking up before we can go forward. So whoever it is needs to get in amongst it and end their reign and bring some respect back to the manager.

You do know that Hurst and Doig tried the kicking @rse approach don't you? Worked out well...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:40 - Mar 1 with 725 viewsGuthrum

Do the players need 'a kick up the @rse', or just to be organised and used properly, with the correct personnel on the field?

Not to mention the stuff about some supposed old guard (who are they? Chambers? Who else?) running the thing. Have the younger players been performing so much better?

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:41 - Mar 1 with 701 viewsMonkeyAlan

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:32 - Mar 1 by homer_123

"The Guardian understands the takeover, which could go through as early as this week, is being led by a five-man consortium featuring three co-owners of the USL club Phoenix Rising. A former board member of a current Football League club has been instrumental in arranging the deal."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/28/paul-lambert-leaves-post-as-ips

That's one newspaper. Other reports say weeks. So, as l said it's all speculation. No one know if or when it will happen.
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:42 - Mar 1 with 695 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:13 - Mar 1 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

and your preferred choice is....

https://imgur.com/a/VwXYdHw
Login to get fewer ads

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:42 - Mar 1 with 689 viewsBlueStreak

So, who is your suggestion then?
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:42 - Mar 1 with 686 viewsSamWhiteUK

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:24 - Mar 1 by MonkeyAlan

Lincoln, yeah, big club.

You seen the league table recently?
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:44 - Mar 1 with 684 viewsPhilTWTD

Misread this as not wanting Cowboy Cook as manager, hadn't realised the 1980s Foxhall star was in the running.
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:44 - Mar 1 with 673 viewsOsborneOneNil

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:22 - Mar 1 by MonkeyAlan

End of ?
Are you partaking in these talks then, you seem very definite in your comments.?
The take over is weeks away apparently. That's if it even goes through. This looks like another Evans appointment to me. And not one lm hugely thrilled with. It seems people go with the name and just run with it. His style of footie is no different to Lambert. 1 up top and with the clowns we have as players l can't see it being any better in time. Evans is still in charge too, so expect no change there either.

A few days ago you said Lambert wouldn't be sacked, and that we were stuck with him, get used to it.

How did that go?
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:45 - Mar 1 with 660 viewsSuperCoops

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:41 - Mar 1 by MonkeyAlan

That's one newspaper. Other reports say weeks. So, as l said it's all speculation. No one know if or when it will happen.

Sky Sports were reporting it would be concluded much quicker than your estimate.
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:45 - Mar 1 with 662 viewsMonkeyAlan

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:40 - Mar 1 by Guthrum

Do the players need 'a kick up the @rse', or just to be organised and used properly, with the correct personnel on the field?

Not to mention the stuff about some supposed old guard (who are they? Chambers? Who else?) running the thing. Have the younger players been performing so much better?

I mean chuck them out. Get rid so they have no influence. The younger kids would learn to respect the manager. Not listen to a load of has beens who are just here to boost their bank balance.
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:45 - Mar 1 with 659 viewsclive_baker

I think Cook can do that, he won’t take any sh1t.

I agree with you that Pearson would’ve been good by the way, Bristol City did well to get him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:48 - Mar 1 with 644 viewsBlueNomad

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:45 - Mar 1 by MonkeyAlan

I mean chuck them out. Get rid so they have no influence. The younger kids would learn to respect the manager. Not listen to a load of has beens who are just here to boost their bank balance.

You know this do you? Who are the senior players here for a boost to their bank balance? I think I know who you are going to say; one is injured and at least two of the others are in the rejuvenated team and are known to be hard-working influences on the youngsters off the field.

So go on - name them.
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:48 - Mar 1 with 643 viewsGuthrum

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:45 - Mar 1 by MonkeyAlan

But who are you talking about? Chambers is the only long-serving old boy left in the team. Apart from younger players, everyone here was brought in by Hurst or Lambert.

Are you sure it's not the Young Guard who are the problem?

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:51 - Mar 1 with 629 viewsMonkeyAlan

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:45 - Mar 1 by clive_baker

I think Cook can do that, he won’t take any sh1t.

I agree with you that Pearson would’ve been good by the way, Bristol City did well to get him.

I hope your right. It needs doing. I think the old guard stifle the younger ones. They need to listen to the manager, not the old guard, who, let's face it are all over the hill and should be binned off anyway.
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:51 - Mar 1 with 621 viewsdavblue

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:44 - Mar 1 by OsborneOneNil

A few days ago you said Lambert wouldn't be sacked, and that we were stuck with him, get used to it.

How did that go?

I don't think i've seen this poster post anything but negative things no matter the subject!
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:54 - Mar 1 with 603 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:44 - Mar 1 by PhilTWTD

Misread this as not wanting Cowboy Cook as manager, hadn't realised the 1980s Foxhall star was in the running.

The short list is revving up nicely

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 12:09 - Mar 1 with 564 viewsMetal_Hacker

I also feel there needs to be an element of sensibility

Pearson has recently managed in the Premier League - why would he come here ?

Realism

Poll: If it were one or the other

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 12:10 - Mar 1 with 558 viewsBlueNomad

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:48 - Mar 1 by BlueNomad

You know this do you? Who are the senior players here for a boost to their bank balance? I think I know who you are going to say; one is injured and at least two of the others are in the rejuvenated team and are known to be hard-working influences on the youngsters off the field.

So go on - name them.

Tumbleweed.................................
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 12:12 - Mar 1 with 548 viewsMeadowlark

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 11:48 - Mar 1 by Guthrum

But who are you talking about? Chambers is the only long-serving old boy left in the team. Apart from younger players, everyone here was brought in by Hurst or Lambert.

Are you sure it's not the Young Guard who are the problem?

Chambers and Skuse.

No need for them to play again. They are not part of our future on the pitch.

Oops Freudian slip that one pre-edit!
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 12:13]
I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 12:16 - Mar 1 with 529 viewsmo_itfc

I for one fully expect Pep or Klopp and will not settle for anything less!

Oh wait... we're in the 3rd tier... do you think there's a chance they don't want to come to us?!?!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 12:28 - Mar 1 with 500 viewsGuthrum

I don't want Cook or the Cowboys on 12:12 - Mar 1 by Meadowlark

Chambers and Skuse.

No need for them to play again. They are not part of our future on the pitch.

Oops Freudian slip that one pre-edit!
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 12:13]

Skuse is not really an active part of the squad this season anyway. If Chambers is so disruptive, how come he's still Captain?

Now I might agree that the latter's future is perhaps limited on the grounds of pace and age, but not attitude, from anything I've seen or heard. He also appears currently to be the best uninjured right back in the club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024