Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley's surprising form. 09:31 - Mar 4 with 4245 viewsOwainG1992

Always had a soft spot for Barnsley since the play off final.
(First Ipswich game I watched as a 7 year old in Leeds and was hooked ever since).
I think it would be great if they could sneak into the play offs and get up.
6 league wins on the bounce.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Barnsley's surprising form. on 09:39 - Mar 4 with 4201 viewsnoggin

My second favourite club since the P/O final. Great town for a visit too.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Barnsley's surprising form. on 09:41 - Mar 4 with 4201 viewsitfcjoe

They have some very smart American owners who have recruited excellently - hopefully a sign of things to come

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Barnsley's surprising form. on 10:08 - Mar 4 with 4095 viewstractorboy1978

Barnsley's surprising form. on 09:41 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

They have some very smart American owners who have recruited excellently - hopefully a sign of things to come

Yep- proof that it can be done. And with a smaller club with less potential than us.
Barnsley's surprising form. on 10:10 - Mar 4 with 4087 viewssolemio

Quite agree. Their supporters were so good after their defeat, wishing us luck for next season.
Barnsley's surprising form. on 10:10 - Mar 4 with 4083 viewsitfcpaul

I have a special place for them, was born there, played for there Boy's team and still live local, well Doncaster, my wifes father played for them in the late 60's to mid 70's, around 200 appearances as a goalkeeper, Brian Arblaster if anyone wants to look him up

Never supported them from memory but did go to watch them in my early years, my brother was also a young keeper with both them and Hull City

The Play Off Final was a strange day as I was living in Barnsley at the time and travelled down to the game from up north being surrounded by red and white scarves and buses full of Barnsley fans all the way down

Hope they get into the play offs at lease but will probably only drop back down again, Cardiff are doing well into MM so they are in the mix as well

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Barnsley's surprising form. on 10:11 - Mar 4 with 4075 viewsKieran_Knows

Barnsley's surprising form. on 09:41 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

A bloody good manager as well, I was very surprised when they appointed him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Barnsley's surprising form. on 10:35 - Mar 4 with 4000 viewsSomethingBlue

Barnsley's surprising form. on 10:11 - Mar 4 by Kieran_Knows

A bloody good manager as well, I was very surprised when they appointed him.

He's great (the last guy was good too, had them playing Red Bull-style pressing game with astonishing energy and they've built on that).

Barnsley are basically part of a network now — think one of their guys has just added or is about to add a Danish club incidentally — and I think this kind of thing is increasingly the way forward for clubs of a certain size. Gives you a free pass at all kinds of expertise and ability to move players around. Hope the new guys here will, assuming all goes through as scheduled, formalise something not dissimilar.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Barnsley's surprising form. on 10:36 - Mar 4 with 3985 viewscatch74

Barnsley's surprising form. on 10:10 - Mar 4 by itfcpaul

I have a special place for them, was born there, played for there Boy's team and still live local, well Doncaster, my wifes father played for them in the late 60's to mid 70's, around 200 appearances as a goalkeeper, Brian Arblaster if anyone wants to look him up

Never supported them from memory but did go to watch them in my early years, my brother was also a young keeper with both them and Hull City

The Play Off Final was a strange day as I was living in Barnsley at the time and travelled down to the game from up north being surrounded by red and white scarves and buses full of Barnsley fans all the way down

Hope they get into the play offs at lease but will probably only drop back down again, Cardiff are doing well into MM so they are in the mix as well

So how come ITFC for you?
Great stuff btw - love your family football pedigree.
I have a soft spot too - English teacher who was a genuinely lovely man was a big supporter, remember them languishing at the bottom of old L1 and feeling pity for them!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley's surprising form. on 10:39 - Mar 4 with 3978 viewsChrisd

Mentioned this the other week. Everyone's going on about MM and what he's doing at Cardiff. In fact, Barnsley have a superior current record, are now top 6 after their win last night at QPR and have a game in hand on most of their promotion chasing rivals, including Cardiff. I like how no one is talking about the Tykes, they are getting the job done on the quiet, no fuss. Let everyone else talk about Cardiff.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 10:40]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Barnsley's surprising form. on 11:40 - Mar 4 with 3851 viewsitfcpaul

Barnsley's surprising form. on 10:36 - Mar 4 by catch74

So how come ITFC for you?
Great stuff btw - love your family football pedigree.
I have a soft spot too - English teacher who was a genuinely lovely man was a big supporter, remember them languishing at the bottom of old L1 and feeling pity for them!

Why ITFC? Good question but always have been from memory, probably just rebelled against the usual Sheffield United, Wednesday or Barnsley local options, earliest memories are around '74 but sure it was from before then, went to some games with my older brother to Wednesday, remember one game just being carried towards the front after they had scored, by the swell of fans, it was scary!!!

Have been a season ticket holder for about 25 years now, 4 of us travel to all the home (apart from midweek) and most of the away games, again no midweek unless really local

never support anyone else now obviously..

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Barnsley's surprising form. on 11:48 - Mar 4 with 3808 viewsnoggin

Barnsley's surprising form. on 11:40 - Mar 4 by itfcpaul

Why ITFC? Good question but always have been from memory, probably just rebelled against the usual Sheffield United, Wednesday or Barnsley local options, earliest memories are around '74 but sure it was from before then, went to some games with my older brother to Wednesday, remember one game just being carried towards the front after they had scored, by the swell of fans, it was scary!!!

Have been a season ticket holder for about 25 years now, 4 of us travel to all the home (apart from midweek) and most of the away games, again no midweek unless really local

never support anyone else now obviously..

That is brilliant.

Barnsley's surprising form. on 11:55 - Mar 4 with 3768 viewsChurchman

Good luck to them. Nice people some of whom I enjoyed a few beers with after the 2000 game.

The consortium are clearly looking to progress the club and seem to be going about it in the right way. When they bought the club in 2017 they said ‘we expect to further enhance the academy, playing squad, commercial operations and fan experience of Barnsley Football Club’ and they appear to be as good as their word.

Quite a contrast.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 11:56]
Barnsley's surprising form. on 12:11 - Mar 4 with 3717 viewsitfcpaul

Barnsley's surprising form. on 11:48 - Mar 4 by noggin

That is brilliant.

What is?

Barnsley's surprising form. on 15:58 - Mar 4 with 3593 viewsrfretwell

Barnsley's surprising form. on 12:11 - Mar 4 by itfcpaul

What is?

Churchman means quite a contrast to what's been going on at Ipswich in recent years. Go Barnsley btw!
Barnsley's surprising form. on 16:17 - Mar 4 with 3547 viewsKeaneish

Agreed. Mick's rightly taking all the plaudits for Cardiff bludgeoning up the league but Valerian Ismael has come from nowhere to propel them up the table. Looked him the other day and his managerial record is nothing to shot about and very patchy but he's been a great appointment to date.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Barnsley's surprising form. on 16:26 - Mar 4 with 3521 views81Legends

Agree 100%. Never forget how nice they were on the way to and from Wembley that day. Showed real class, laughing away etc. One of the best atmospheres I ever remember for any game, where both sets of fans mingled together en route and enjoyed each others jokes. Top people.
Barnsley's surprising form. on 16:39 - Mar 4 with 3490 viewsnoggin

Barnsley's surprising form. on 12:11 - Mar 4 by itfcpaul

What is?

That a Yorkshireman has supported Town all those years and still has a season ticket. Big respect Sir.

Barnsley's surprising form. on 16:41 - Mar 4 with 3482 viewsGeorge03

Hopefully they will continue their current form and haven’t peaked too early before the play offs.
Barnsley's surprising form. on 23:50 - Mar 4 with 3367 viewsRyorry

Barnsley's surprising form. on 10:10 - Mar 4 by itfcpaul

Also travelled down from Yorkshire for it but by train. By road you probably didn't see, on the way back, Blades scarves draped over the railway bridges saying "Blades 4 - 2 Tykes, the cheeky sods!

Interesting family connections you have with them 👍

Like a few others on the thread, I've had a soft spot for them ever since that day, they behaved so sportingly before, during and after the game, which contributed enormously to it being one of the best, if not *the* best, experience ever in the lives of many ITFC fans. The image of those two immaculately kept ribbons of red & blue, side by side, wending their way peacefully up Wembley Way, is something I'll remember forever.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Barnsley's surprising form. on 00:06 - Mar 5 with 3348 viewsitfcpaul

Barnsley's surprising form. on 16:39 - Mar 4 by noggin

That a Yorkshireman has supported Town all those years and still has a season ticket. Big respect Sir.

and it will never change..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024